Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: $3.2M Homeland Security bolster security - almost a million for closed-circuit TV cameras.

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/2/22 21:36
From end of erie
Group:
Registered Users
I'd like to see sober cops and harsher gun laws. 3.2 for bs in my book. Gold Coast?? Idiots!!

Posted on: 2007/1/29 16:23

Re: $3.2M Homeland Security bolster security - almost a million for closed-circuit TV cameras.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/15 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone besides me getting tired of seeing the big concrete borders at the Pershing office building on Columbus/Marin/Grove?

They should spend the money and get some permanent bollards.

Posted on: 2007/1/29 16:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I'd love to see camera's mounted on the shoulder of cops - it would make for good t.v and prosecution of crimes and poor policing action. When they strap on their gun, they can strap on a camera for their entire shift - (except when in the shithouse or doing a little corruption)

Posted on: 2007/1/29 14:37
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

$3.2M Homeland Security bolster security - almost a million for closed-circuit TV cameras.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
$3.2M state aid boost to bolster security in city's 'Gold Coast'

KEN THORBOURNE -- Jersey Journal -- Jan 29

Jersey City is cashing on the biggest Homeland Security grant in the state, officials said last week.

The city is slated to receive $3.2 million from the state's Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness - mostly to shore up security on the city's financial "Gold Coast" and outfitting a state-of-the-art emergency management office, said Sgt. Greg Kierce, the city's Office for Emergency Management coordinator.

The grant represents a $1.8 million increase over last year's $1.4 million award, Kierce said.

Roughly $1.7 million of the grant will be used to implement the "Interim National Infrastructure Protection Plan" in the Jersey City financial district, Kierce said.

About half of this money will be used to install closed-circuit TV cameras, and the rest will be used to build barriers that could be used to isolate areas if necessary, he said.

Another $1.5 million will be spent on communications and other technology equipment for the OEM office on Summit Avenue. The office - a section in the new firehouse facility - should be fully operational by early summer, Kierce said.

The balance of the money - $81,500 - will pay for a "domestic preparedness planner" to monitor and report to the federal government how the money is being spent, Kierce said.

Retired Jersey City Police Capt. William Costigan will be hired for this position, officials said.

Posted on: 2007/1/29 14:32

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017