Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
108 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 108

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Healy Foundation kickoff is tomorrow -- just received its official tax-exempt nonprofit status
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/5/11 3:55
Group:
Banned
Aren't all charitable organizations' donor records public information? They were last time i checked, but somebody who knows more about this, please correct me if i'm wrong. It wouldn't be too hard to connect those dots if any of that hanky panky went on. Like Healy's gonna figure out some original scheme or something... You give the guy too much credit.

Posted on: 2006/12/2 3:45

Re: Healy Foundation kickoff is tomorrow -- just received its official tax-exempt nonprofit status
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/19 17:53
Group:
Registered Users
Now when a developer is maxed out to the mayors elect fund he can give any amount he wants to the so called non profit.
There will be no record of this.

Now the Mayor can take voters to vegas if he wants and know one will know.Throw a party in the Moose Hall,know one will know.

Gets to keep his campaign cash for elections and skirts the law with this bogus non profit.

Posted on: 2006/12/2 3:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
What about a farewell resignation dinner for Healy.
Now that will definitely go towards benefiting Jersey City!

Posted on: 2006/12/1 20:58

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/4/25 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
oh great, they are relying on "what we read in the papers" to choose who needs charity.
don't bother with the work of investigating worthy causes in our city. lazy lazy lazy.
i hope they end up giving money to somebody who burned their own place down for the insurance money. what about that guy they got on tape setting multiple fires in his girlfriends apartment building. i bet he could use some more incendiary devices.
and i am not a healy basher, i voted for him. he was the best of the worst i thought.

Posted on: 2006/12/1 20:35

Healy Foundation kickoff is tomorrow -- just received its official tax-exempt nonprofit status
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Healy Foundation kickoff is tomorrow
Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The official coming out party for the "The Jerramiah T. Healy Charitable Foundation for a Better Jersey City" is tomorrow at Puccini's Restaurant and Catering.

"It (the fund) is for the needy, not the greedy," said Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy.

The foundation has collected and dispersed money for more than a year, but in September it received its official tax-exempt nonprofit status from the Internal Revenue Service.

Last year, the fund took in $31,080 and doled out $8,398.21, said James Morley, the foundation's volunteer president. The money went to a block association, the Rotary Club of Jersey City and a Christmas dinner, Morley said.

Last month, Liberty National Golf Club owners Paul and Dan Fireman and the law firm Connell Foley hosted a fund-raiser for the fund at the posh golf club that should bring in around $60,000, Morley said.

The foundation isn't soliciting applicants. "We're enlightened by what we read in the papers, families burnt out of their homes, terrible tragedies," Healy said.

The event starts at 5:30 p.m. Tickets are $75 and can be purchased at the catering hall, 1064 West Side Ave., (201) 432-4111.

KEN THORBOURNE

Posted on: 2006/11/29 14:00

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017