Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: DUCKY'S RESTUARANT ON NEWARK AVE
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/1/9 18:02
From The Little Italy Section (Back Then)
Group:
Registered Users
Ah, the memories come back. Spent many years at Ducky's, always the local place for dinner, Birthday, Wedding parties (including mine in 73) and funeral get togethers.

Tripoli restaurant another good place to eat and then of course Ann Bakery for all the goodies.

Posted on: 2006/5/31 9:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/19 15:19
Group:
Banned
Hi All

I guess we were all kids back in the 70's...It was a very nice place and the food was on the mark most of the time .

Too bad places like this don't exist any longer .

Some of you also left out Tripoli restuarant which was a few doors south of Ducky's...

Dick Cheney, Your right on the mark with The Lincoln Inn's famous open face steak sandwiches...Awesome !!!

Thanks for yr comments

CK

Posted on: 2006/5/19 13:47

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 13:31
Group:
Banned
Quote:

...Like many longtime residents, Irene Stapinski, who grew up in Jersey City in the 1930's and 40's and still lives near Journal Square, remembers eating at Ducky's, an Italian restaurant whose most compelling feature was not the food but the mystery surrounding the proprietor. ''Ducky disappeared,'' she said. ''They never found him. It was all anyone talked about.''

Not to digress, but Irene Stapinski the mom of Helene Stapinski, author of "Five Finger Discount," (a must read for any JC resident) and "Baby Plays Around," (a must read for most anyone.)

Posted on: 2006/5/19 0:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Hey I found this on the web -- what ever happened to the owner named Ducky?

Sounds like a mystery....

----
"Take the section called Downtown, once Italian- and Polish-American, now largely Hispanic and Asian. Like many longtime residents, Irene Stapinski, who grew up in Jersey City in the 1930's and 40's and still lives near Journal Square, remembers eating at Ducky's, an Italian restaurant whose most compelling feature was not the food but the mystery surrounding the proprietor. ''Ducky disappeared,'' she said. ''They never found him. It was all anyone talked about.''

His restaurant didn't disappear, though. It simply changed with the neighborhood. Its three cavernous rooms are now Nha Trang Place, a big, noisy, vibrant restaurant that seems to serve every one of the city's 1,600 Vietnamese residents. Nha Trang has had three different names in its five years of existence, and both the older ones can still be seen, confusingly, on the exterior: Pho Thanh Hoai and Miss Saigon. (Nha Trang is a seaside resort city northeast of Saigon; pho is the great Vietnamese beef soup, Thanh Hoai appears to be somebody's name; and Miss Saigon is -- well, the place sometimes doubles as a karaoke bar.) "

Posted on: 2006/5/18 22:20

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/11 2:51
Group:
Registered Users
Wow...long time ago...we used to go to Ducky's a couple of times a year when I was a little kid. It was a big deal for us back then.

Then when we got older it was The Alps and The Lincoln Inn (still there) for open faced steak sandwiches. Ilvento's for pizza sometimes, too.

Posted on: 2006/5/18 22:12

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/19 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
. . . wow talk about way back, my memories are more of the space next to Ducky's that you used to be able to rent out for parties, many a family function was held there when I was growing up . . .

Posted on: 2006/5/18 22:06

DUCKY'S RESTUARANT ON NEWARK AVE
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/19 15:19
Group:
Banned
Just curious to hear from anyone with any nice memories
of Ducky's on Newark ave nxt to Schneiders ?

The place served up some good dishes at that time...

CK

Posted on: 2006/5/18 20:18

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017