Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Maloney's Closed?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
What a shame. I moved out of the area but will be traveling back to jersey city for work in 2022. I planned to stop at Malooneys routinely for their great sausage and stuffed pork chops

Posted on: 2021/10/19 2:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
4/15 15:15
Group:
Registered Users
Copied from Reddit:

Facebook Post by Sean Dynes (edited):

Goodbye old friend. Today I took a quick trip into JC to help mark the end of 5 eras, the venerable Moloney's is closing forever. There are a number of factors that added up to it's demise and I will try and fairly touch on all as I am friends with the final owner Edward Connelly I have "the scoop". One hundred and forty six years, that is a long time for any business to survive and it is a source of pride to say I have known and called friend all that worked and owned the place for over fifty of those years. I even did the only big carpenter job there, ever, demolition and replacement of working freezer floor, about 30 years ago (ps: it's still nice and level and flat).

The biggest factor leading to today is parking, or lack thereof. Sadly the largest offender seems to be the Sheriff's Department. They take most all the spots, don't feed the meters and their windshield placards give them virtual immunity to tickets. It shouldn't be that way but is. Ed made numerous complaints and they should have been addressed, after the first one, but never were. I have been there a couple times in last few months and have seen it. "Commoners" cars get overtime tickets, seemingly almost instantly and placarded cars are completely ignored. Luckily I have been able to find legit spots and keep that meter fed, but if your driving customers can NEVER find parking you have lost them as customers, just that simple.

Posted on: 2021/10/14 11:26

Re: Maloney
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
They made their money from the court house workers especially for lunch. Not everyone returned, some are still working from home. What a shame. The business has been around for approximately 150 years. Plus there is no parking.

Posted on: 2021/10/13 20:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
12/12 0:04
Group:
Registered Users
Oh no! Very sad if true. Another piece of old Jersey City gone.

Posted on: 2021/10/13 19:52

Maloney's Closed?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
4/15 15:15
Group:
Registered Users
Stopped by to pick up a few things. There was a sign on the door that said "Closed Until Further Notice". The place was completely appeared to be completely stripped of product.

Anyone have an idea what is going on? I really wanted to pick up some more of those buffalo burger paddies.

Posted on: 2021/10/13 19:31

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017