Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

Re: Coronavirus is now in Hudson County
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
I was in Stop&Shop in the Heights on Friday and Saturday. Looks like things are starting to restock, with chicken, dairy, and paper products (still no toilet paper though) making it back on to the shelves.

Certain canned items are running out though.. like coconut milk. I guess it has to do with the large number of people who use it (i.e. Indians) suddenly having to cook at home much more than usual. Ramen noodles always seem to be out as well... But that might just be starving Millennials grabbing up all the stock.

Posted on: 2020/4/28 19:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Not surprising. Between Netflix and Zoom folks are using a whole lot more bandwidth. I've noticed some artifacts, but my PCs are wonky enough that I didn't assume it was the connection. My workstation with an SSD for the OS is obsessed with accessing a storage drive when I websurf, dragging down performance. I've tried to check if it's using it for temp or swap files but it doesn't seem to.

Posted on: 2020/4/28 17:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/6 14:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
I notice it most with GMail. It takes forever to refresh and navigate.

Posted on: 2020/4/28 14:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Frinjc wrote:
I am with comcast and last Friday I noticed a slowdown as well on my company laptop - was not doing too much multitasking on my personal laptop at the time. Maybe everybody is looking at disinfectant youtube videos?

My connection sped back up last night and seems okay this morning. I was finally able to download the latest Windows 10 updates and saving files on Sharepoint works fine again.

Microsoft Onedrive is still moving at a snail's pace though. I am uploading a huge batch of files to a local drive.. its taking days. I feel like I am interneting like its 1999.. and I am still on dialup.

Posted on: 2020/4/28 14:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/4 21:55
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I am with comcast and last Friday I noticed a slowdown as well on my company laptop - was not doing too much multitasking on my personal laptop at the time. Maybe everybody is looking at disinfectant youtube videos?

Posted on: 2020/4/28 1:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Side topic...

Has anyone here using Fios noticed a slowdown, in particular on the download speeds? I have been seeing around 50% with periods of 90% drop.

Not sure if this is due to a massive added bandwith demands from movie streaming to teleconference.. or I have something going on with my router (yes.. I did reboot it).

Posted on: 2020/4/27 18:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2020/4/25 18:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/1 14:07
From Earth
Group:
Registered Users
I wonder, if when the response to this bio menace is examined under a more reasoned framework if it'll be determined that the subway system in NYC and NJ should have been shut down. I can't help but think that in those first weeks when the seriousness of the virus was recognized and measures were adapted, why weren't the rails shut down? Passengers travelled through all of the boroughs and into various New Jersey locations bringing the bug home to families. friends and neighbors.
Conclusions will have to be drawn in the light of cold reason.

Posted on: 2020/4/11 11:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
So my neighbor is having a house built by a crew of workers with no masks, gloves or social distancing. My other neighbor had his full crew of landscapers working away yesterday, too.

But I cannot get in to see my dentist for a toothache. And, BTW, another JC dentist I called to see if I could get an emergency appointment told me they are scheduling from June onward because they cannot get proper supplies to safely run their practice because they're all backordered.

This is really f'd up.

Posted on: 2020/4/3 13:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
we are only at the first inning here in the US, NY/NJ. Every outbreak in other cities italy, s korea, and wuhan. All follow the exact same timeline.

1) A few cases reported - noone cares
2) 1 - 2 weeks later - 100-200 cases reported, people became concerned but still doesn't care
3) 3+ weeks onward- full blown outbreak, everyone panics and city shuts down.

Follow the same timeframe, look for mid to late march for this to happen here. It will get a lot worse in cities like NYC / Hudson where people jam pack onto subways, buses, and light rails.

Majority of people still not wearing masks, i see tons of people together by weehawken play ground all with kids playing together. How dumb can you get, those same people will go into full panic mode in a few weeks.

Last point - masks. Everyone should wear masks, it's NOT to protect you from catching the virus (although it is somewhat effective if used properly). It is to protect OTHERS from getting the virus from you. Mask is highly effective to prevent your crap from going out to other people in case you are sick and don't know it.

That's the key thing how wuhan/china is able to get the virus under control. Everyone there must wear mask as a policy, so even if you are sick and walk around other people, chance of you spreading it to them is very low.

US and Europe, people seem to have this negative misconception about mask, as if afraid of being labeled sick. When in fact, it's the opposite and the responsible thing to do, to ensure you dont spread it to other people if infected.

/rant off

stay safe, work from home if possible, and good luck.

I will quote myself from March 10th. Everything unfolded as predicted sadly. It is just batsht crazy people are still NOT wearing masks, and government is still not recommending everyone to wear masks.

There is no words on how fking stupid this is. If everyone wear masks then you can?t give to other people in public, and that?s how you stop this thing. Everyone in Asia is just looking at US and Europe going wtf..

Even more bewildering is one (of the many) rationale given by the US Surgeon General to oppose the use of masks by everyone: that because some people don?t know how to use masks properly, and will therefore not gain much from wearing them, then no one should wear them.

Replace masks with condoms and you can see how that rationale is just absolutely insane. It is a given that some people don?t know how to use a condom properly, but we don?t tell everyone not to use them because of the idiocy of some.

Posted on: 2020/4/3 13:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/12 20:58
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Has anyone heard news on Councilman Yun?

Posted on: 2020/4/3 11:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/21 14:20
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
we are only at the first inning here in the US, NY/NJ. Every outbreak in other cities italy, s korea, and wuhan. All follow the exact same timeline.

1) A few cases reported - noone cares
2) 1 - 2 weeks later - 100-200 cases reported, people became concerned but still doesn't care
3) 3+ weeks onward- full blown outbreak, everyone panics and city shuts down.

Follow the same timeframe, look for mid to late march for this to happen here. It will get a lot worse in cities like NYC / Hudson where people jam pack onto subways, buses, and light rails.

Majority of people still not wearing masks, i see tons of people together by weehawken play ground all with kids playing together. How dumb can you get, those same people will go into full panic mode in a few weeks.

Last point - masks. Everyone should wear masks, it's NOT to protect you from catching the virus (although it is somewhat effective if used properly). It is to protect OTHERS from getting the virus from you. Mask is highly effective to prevent your crap from going out to other people in case you are sick and don't know it.

That's the key thing how wuhan/china is able to get the virus under control. Everyone there must wear mask as a policy, so even if you are sick and walk around other people, chance of you spreading it to them is very low.

US and Europe, people seem to have this negative misconception about mask, as if afraid of being labeled sick. When in fact, it's the opposite and the responsible thing to do, to ensure you dont spread it to other people if infected.

/rant off

stay safe, work from home if possible, and good luck.

I will quote myself from March 10th. Everything unfolded as predicted sadly. It is just batsht crazy people are still NOT wearing masks, and government is still not recommending everyone to wear masks.

There is no words on how fking stupid this is. If everyone wear masks then you can?t give to other people in public, and that?s how you stop this thing. Everyone in Asia is just looking at US and Europe going wtf..

Posted on: 2020/4/3 5:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Earth
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2020/4/1 18:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Can anyone here see Fulop going into 'Italian Mayor mode' over the quarantines?

Definitely not now. For one, he does not strike me as the type. And, second, we don't have a lockdown order that imposes a curfew on all at all hours. People are still free to come and go, and are only being asked to reduce time outside, and to practice social distancing.

Technically we do have a lock-down order from the Governor. Unless your job falls into one of the critical categories, you have to stay home. You are allowed out to get necessities like food, medicine, and liquor (liquor stores are for now... "essential".. not that I am complaining)

Your understanding of the lock down order is faulty. People are definitely allowed to engage in exercise and outdoor activities.

From the first paragraph of the order, as published in the state website:
To mitigate the impact of COVID-19 and protect the capacity of New Jersey's health care system for the state's most vulnerable, Governor Phil Murphy signed Executive Order No. 107 on March 21, 2020, directing all residents to stay at home until further notice. The order provides for certain exceptions, such as:
- obtaining essential goods or services
- seeking medical attention
- visiting family or close friends
- reporting to work
- engaging in outdoor activities.

Source: https://covid19.nj.gov/faqs/nj-informa ... sential-retail-businesses

Posted on: 2020/3/29 12:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Earth
Group:
Registered Users
What the Chinese were raising and eating:

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-52048195

They have strains of the virus within them.

You are what you eat.

Posted on: 2020/3/28 23:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
President Trump is considering imposing an enforced two-week quarantine and travel ban on New York City and the surrounding area to try to tamp down the rapidly expanding coronavirus outbreak.

?I?d rather not do it, but we may need it,? he told reporters outside the White House Saturday.

?We?d like to see New York quarantined because it?s a hotspot,? he said. ?New York, New Jersey, maybe one or two other places, certain parts of Connecticut quarantined. I?m thinking about that right now.?

The rules under consideration would restrict residents of the quarantined areas from bringing the coronavirus to other parts of the country.

?They?re having problems down in Florida, a lot of New Yorkers going down. We don?t want that,? Trump said.

NY Post - Source

Posted on: 2020/3/28 17:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
If anyone needs to 're-supply', Stop&Shop shelves are starting to fill up again. There is a limit of any one item in the meat section you can buy though.

No toilet paper still...

Posted on: 2020/3/28 14:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

MDM wrote:

Definitely not now. For one, he does not strike me as the type. And, second, we don't have a lockdown order that imposes a curfew on all at all hours. People are still free to come and go, and are only being asked to reduce time outside, and to practice social distancing.

Technically we do have a lock-down order from the Governor. Unless your job falls into one of the critical categories, you have to stay home. You are allowed out to get necessities like food, medicine, and liquor (liquor stores are for now... "essential".. not that I am complaining).

How strictly is that being enforced? Given what I saw during my trip to Stop&Shop today.. not a whole lot. More than a few people out jogging and other hanging out on the track at Pershing Field.

Plus there is an ice cream truck going around my neighborhood. Technically.. it is 'food delivery'.. but still....

Posted on: 2020/3/27 22:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
By Joshua Rosario | The Jersey Journal

A Jersey City councilman has tested positive for the coronavirus, while a second councilman remains hospitalized in intensive care after showing symptoms of COVID-19.

Councilman at large Rolando Lavarro told The Jersey Journal Friday he tested positive for COVID-19 and is self-isolating at home. An aide for Ward D Councilman Michael Yun confirmed that Yun is currently hospitalized at Jersey City Medical Center awaiting the results of his test for the infectious disease.

More

Posted on: 2020/3/27 21:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:

Posted on: 2020/3/27 18:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
From Mayor Fulop on Thursday 3/26/2020:

We know that testing is the key to fighting COVID-19. You deserve the best access to healthcare and testing during this time, so that is why we are initiating two testing sites here in Jersey City.

Testing will begin tomorrow at 9:30am by appointment only. You must have symptoms and proof of Jersey City residency (recent utility bill or ID) to be tested. The two locations are:

? 465 Marin Blvd, Jersey City, NJ, 07302 (Walk Through Testing)
? Former DPW Complex, 575 NJ-440, Jersey City, NJ 07305 (Drive Through Testing)

Appointments will be available from 9am - 5pm, 7 days a week by calling (201) 547-5535. Please be patient with us as we expect the phone number to be inundated.

At this point, we have 130 confirmed cases in Jersey City. I will continue to update you as we get more information. Thank you to all those who have helped us by donating, volunteering or by practicing good social distancing and staying home. By working together, we will get through this.

Posted on: 2020/3/27 12:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2020/3/26 22:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/6 14:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
I would not trust what looks like a wellness website pushing herbs and other supplements for any sort of medical information.

Too many hucksters selling woo to trust anyone that isn't an acknowledged expert.

Posted on: 2020/3/25 22:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

07310 wrote:
I found this:

New Research Indicates SARS-CoV-2 Coronavirus Is Indeed Mutating Into Various Strains That Have Specific Preference Of Attacking Human Host Cells

https://www.thailandmedical.news/news/ ... -of-attacking-human-host-

There's a lot of interesting things on this site, though it's hard to pin down how reliable the info is. They're getting shut down tomorrow by the Thai government which is interesting in and of itself.

And BTW, if you use echinacea, you might want to stock up sooner than later:

(excerpt)...It was also during this stocking up that we discovered something else that made us more curious as further ?digging? revealed that the same laboratory has purchased a total of 265 tons of the Echichinacea from Canada and Eastern America suppliers in the last few weeks causing a massive shortage for supplement manufacturers, not to mention that they were also buying up processed and packed Echinacea preparations. Almost all the prestigious brands like Blackmore, Now, Life Extension, Best Nutrition, Green Life all reported that they have run out of stocks except those already in retail outlets and are unable to replenish stocks due to shortage of raw materials. We only did our checks based on foreign brands not on any Asian brands which we consider inferior as many do not contain the correct bio active ingredients despite labeling them as such, in particular brands made in Myanmar, Indonesia and certain made in Thailand brands.)

Posted on: 2020/3/25 20:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
I found this:

New Research Indicates SARS-CoV-2 Coronavirus Is Indeed Mutating Into Various Strains That Have Specific Preference Of Attacking Human Host Cells

https://www.thailandmedical.news/news/ ... -of-attacking-human-host-

Posted on: 2020/3/25 17:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/8/23 20:19
From York & Grove
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

robotdisko wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

robotdisko wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
What is in that medical journal is what schools receive all the time in NYC. My principal would display NYC health department notices all the time where the teachers picked up their mail. I have been reading about this for years. People with immune problems are the ones at risk, but who cares about them? It is more important that the left push open the borders for potential voters down the road.

you love being an idiot, carry on!

No, I love showing the hypocrisy of people like you.

you don't know anything about me. so your statement shows how empty your head is.

carry on. we all need a clown to entertain us

I actually knew elderly people who have died from the complications of pneumonia because they were exposed to an influx of illegal immigrants in their neighborhood. These were new strains found in that population. So if this virus is contagious, they it is about time this government take a look at the illegal immigrants which who brings in health problems especially in crowded communities.

WTF is this old lady talking about. Yvonne, did you have to walk to and from school uphill both ways in 2 feet of snow everyday? I haven't read a rationale thought from you to date.

Posted on: 2020/3/24 16:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dr. John Campbell update which includes info on the testing and actions to combat the spread...

Posted on: 2020/3/24 14:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Earth
Group:
Registered Users
It appears that the news will be shifting in the other direction after last night.
It's midway through the fifteen day allotment dealing with the crisis. The new hype will now be "let's get back to work. You'll see testimonials from people who've recovered etc., etc. America lives on a two week news cycle. The good thing is that all of the protection stuff that is being made will be stockpiled for the next chapter.

This, unfortunately won't stop:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/what-are-the-wet-markets-coronavirus

Stock market will roar today into the green.

Posted on: 2020/3/24 14:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:

Link?

Unfortunately it's was sent on Facebook from of one of my wife's friends working in medical, which I can't link here. It's also in Thai (my wife translated it for me).

I'll see if I can get it posted on Youtube with sub titles.

Posted on: 2020/3/24 14:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2020/3/24 1:37

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

[Advanced Search]