Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
116 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 116

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Woman charged after keeping her 2 kids and mom in filthy JC home
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
About 20 years ago, I had one of those crazy dog ladies a few buildings down from a building I own in the Heights. The city raided her place twice, pulling what I think where about 3 dozen+ dogs in each raid.

The building was setback away from the street, but you could still smell the dog piss / shit from the sidewalk. Eventually the place was sold and gutted down to the studs by the new owners. My tenants complained that the dumpsters, when filled with the flooring and walls, stunk up the entire block.

Posted on: 2019/9/17 21:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

biggoron wrote:
The house looks like it is for sale and/or up for a foreclosure auction. Taxes are $18,265 which does not seem right for a home that :
Quote:
One of the two two bathrooms in the story-home had no running water and had corroded sinks and bathtubs, the source said. The entire second floor, where the dogs were kept, was covered with feces.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/54- ... y-NJ-07302/38888459_zpid/

lol... wut? Is that some sort of new strategy: let dogs shit all over the place and then file for reduced taxes??

The house is in foreclosure, but has also been on the market for quite some time. They are asking 2.6 MM. Perhaps that's why it hasn't sold?!?

I met many people in my old neighborhood (BeLa) that prior to the recession were holding out and refusing to sell properties, demanding or unrealistically expecting million dollar payouts for homes that were dilapidated and worthy of being condemned. Their rationale was always "people are getting that kind of money for other properties" never acknowledging that those other properties had better locations (say, DT, instead of BeLa) and in much better conditions. Some people just live in fantasy land.

Seeing how the 2019 taxes are just over 18K, that puts the value of the property at just over 1.2 MM. They are asking for twice that. They will be evicted long before anyone pays that money for that place.

Posted on: 2019/9/17 19:00

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/15 4:12
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
The house looks like it is for sale and/or up for a foreclosure auction. Taxes are $18,265 which does not seem right for a home that :
Quote:
One of the two two bathrooms in the story-home had no running water and had corroded sinks and bathtubs, the source said. The entire second floor, where the dogs were kept, was covered with feces.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/54- ... y-NJ-07302/38888459_zpid/

Posted on: 2019/9/17 17:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
This woman has been the bane of Wayne Street for quite awhile, battling neighbors on the daily. It's tragic, as there is clearly some mental illness going on.

Posted on: 2019/9/17 16:14

Woman charged after keeping her 2 kids and mom in filthy JC home
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
(2.5 million dollar house)

Woman charged after keeping her 2 kids and mom in filthy Jersey City home

Updated 5:27 PM; Today 4:18 PM
By Joshua Rosario | The Jersey Journal

Two children and an 83-year-old woman were removed from a Jersey City home when a team from Jersey City?s Quality of Life Task Force found the home covered in dog feces, as well as flies and fleas.

The home, at 54 Wayne St., was declared uninhabitable, said Jacob V. Hudnut, the city municipal prosecutor who heads the task force.

https://www.nj.com/hudson/2019/09/woma ... thy-jersey-city-home.html

Posted on: 2019/9/16 23:26

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017