Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Reason #110 Why not take your car to Jersey City Ford
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

LoKo498 wrote:
Hey, anyone have that video? The link was taken down.

The YouTube link in the OP works perfectly fine. Just tried it and it came right up.

Posted on: 2019/2/3 16:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
Hey, anyone have that video? The link was taken down.

Posted on: 2019/2/3 4:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Caught On Video: Mechanics Take NJ Man?s Mustang Out For Wild Joy Ride

JERSEY CITY (CBSNewYork) ? A man took his car in for repairs, and then mechanics took it out for a joy ride.

The men were supposed to be making repairs, but the owner of the car caught them red-handed on the road.

How do we know?

Dash cam video from the car shows the high-speed ride, without the owner.

It?s like the scene in the 1986 movie ?Ferris Bueller?s Day Off,? only this is real life.

?It was upsetting. I was hot headed for three days, to be honest,? said car owner Suhail Sood of Union City.

The problem, says Sood, 30, is that the 2016 Mustang GT was supposed to be in the garage at Stevens Jersey City Ford being repaired. Instead some employees at the dealership took it for that joy ride for at least 15 minutes, never knowing Sood installed a dash cam and they were being recorded.

?The got the wrong guy test driving this car,? one of the unwelcome drivers said.

?There?s a dash cam. It?s flashing lights. It?s beeping, making noises, and these guys are not even bothered.?

Sood says it happened last week, and that while he was at the dealership waiting for his car to be repaired employees told him they had to take the car out for a ?test drive.? After Sood took the car home, he checked his dash cam and saw what happened: The car being gunned at a high rate of speed, and the driver even stopping to pick up a friend to join in.

Angry, Sood says he confronted the dealership and told them about the incident and the video, CBS2?s Scott Rapoport reported.

They demanded he prove it.

Sood posted the video on Facebook, after he says he was promised a refund, but never received it.

The dealership, which refused to speak on camera, says it has a refund check for $379 waiting for him and apologizes for the joy ride. The two sides say they disagree on the amount of compensation Sood should receive, but say they?re attempting to reach a compromise and come to a mutual agreement.

The three employees have been fired over the incident.

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2019/01/31/mustang-joy-ride/

Posted on: 2019/2/1 1:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
What the mechanics did was totally wrong and they deserved to be fired. However, I do agree with the dealership that the owner's list of demands to make the situation right was unreasonable. He wanted a new clutch, new tires, and new brakes. That's at least over $2,000 worth of parts and labor. He wanted his demands met or he would "post the video" which he obviously did after the dealership refused. Kinda sounds like blackmail to me. Either way, the dealership was exposed and I'm sure he'll be compensated in some more seasonable fashion.

Posted on: 2019/1/31 16:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Wow 70+ mph on a narrow JC street that a lot of people use to walk to the Hudson Mall area. Someone could have walked from between two parked cars at any minute. True about Mayor Fulop should use it for his vision zero ads.

Years ago, the DiFeo family ran that Ford and all the other car dealerships in the area. I think they built their brand to become the biggest dealers on the East Coast. Came up with all kinds of sales first?s like their annual ?Stadium Sale? in the old Roosevelt Stadium. They would pack it with hundreds of cars with some great deals. The DiFeo dealerships were great places to buy a car and have it serviced. They treated you like family. Well they eventually sold to I think a NY firm. When they took over you started to hear horror stories.

Here I will add to bodhipooh?s and others stories?.

I purchased one or two cars when DiFeo had the dealerships no issues. Took one in for a repair after the new owners took over thinking I would get the same good service. I was wrong they held my car hostage for a week saying I needed all kinds of work done. I eventually told them just do what I came in for and give me the car back. Maybe a year later needed to replace the car. ( they probably f?ed it up) Saw an ad for a new car said it was 15K. Walked in and said I want this car for 15K. I was surprised the car was there is wasn?t a bait and switch. Guy said ok. Started to fill out the paper work to buy it. Sales person was interrupted by his ?manager? saying he had to talk to him privately. Sales person comes back and says he must rip up the paper work they can?t let the car go for 15K. I said you are kidding right? He said no they can?t make any money off of the deal. The ?manager? came out and talked to us and actually said he needs a good commission because he just purchased a new custom Harley. We just laughed in his face and left. Both the salesman and ?manager? were begging us to come back. Went to a dealer in the burbs and purchased the same car for less than 15K. JC salesman called for 2 weeks after that asking why we left and he will make the deal sweeter. (lol) Also kept pressing us for the dealer?s name and deal we got in the burbs. Purchased I would say three cars over the years after that incident all outside of JC. Their loss the ?manager? could have made nice commissions off those 3 cars for the up keep of his Harley.

Posted on: 2019/1/31 14:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mscottc wrote:
For the next 3-4 weeks I kept getting very pushy sales calls.

Exact same experience: they kept calling me for several weeks. It only stopped after I had to very rudely inform the sales guy that their absolute best deal ($200 below sticker price) was a joke and that I had already gotten my vehicle at Hackensack, and for several thousands of dollars below sticker price. That stopped the calls.

The idiots caught in camera racing in one-way, narrow city streets at speeds of 75 MPH should be arrested and tried. That could have ended very badly for many people.

Posted on: 2019/1/31 14:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
'That Was Fun': NJ Workers Caught Taking Mustang on Joyride

They thought they were pulling a fast one on a customer, but employees at a New Jersey dealership were caught on camera racing a mustang. Adam Kuperstein reports on the exclusive story.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/on-air/as-s ... e_New-York-505124501.html

Posted on: 2019/1/31 13:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/10 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
This is outrageous. Some options....

Have a conversation with the dealership owner.

File a police report.

Contact the NJ Div of Consumer Affairs

Write to Ford corporate

Small claims court to recover the payment of your "repair" work, if dealership or credit card will not refund

Posted on: 2019/1/31 13:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/16 16:34
Group:
Registered Users
I also went there to look at and test drive a Ford. Even though I liked what I drove, I decided to go with a different brand vehicle.
For the next 3-4 weeks I kept getting very pushy sales calls. Eventually I spoke to a manager, and I told him point blank (with a little lie). Yes sir, I loved the car, but because of all the very pushy salesmen you had, I purchased the Ford somewhere else. The phonecalls stopped.

Posted on: 2019/1/31 12:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I absolutely detest that Ford dealership. After making the mistake to step foot in there to inquire about purchasing a Fusion Hybrid some five years ago, I had to deal with a bunch of sleazeballs that were more interested in upselling me and tried to convince me that their offer to sell me that car at sticker price was an incredible deal.

I told them to shove it and went elsewhere. The Ford dealership in Hackensack got my business: heavy discount off the sticker price, pristine facilities, excellent service department, great salesman. I still take my car up to them to get routine work done, like oil changes.

100% STAY AWAY from the 440 Ford dealership.

Posted on: 2019/1/31 3:48

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/13 2:42
From The Island
Group:
Registered Users
If you do find yourself there I'd recommend not doing something that will require you to leave your car over night. I learned 3 days after my car was due to be finished that it was broken into the first night I left it there.
Granted they did replace my window for free, (along with a souvenir rusty deadbolt - great for breaking windows!) and give me a very...trustworthy(?) verbal $200 off my next visit.

Oh, and when I called back about the police report I was asked which one, as the past 3 weekends they had experienced break ins into their lot.

Posted on: 2019/1/31 1:08

Reason #110 Why not take your car to Jersey City Ford
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/1 1:16
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ufwfnwkx4d4

going 70+mph in customer's car, driving wreckless in the streets of JC while we suffer from way too many pedestrian deaths. This along with the awful customer service that place has, just gives you every reason to stay away.

Vision Zero for Fulop....show him this.

Posted on: 2019/1/31 0:42

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017