Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 120

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Building Inspection?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/23 11:59
From australia
Group:
Registered Users
Hello All members,

Three issues your pre-buy property review may find that could be major issues

There are numerous issues that may appear in a pre-buy property examination. Not every one of them is cause to haul out of a deal. However, there are a few issues that might be more concerning issues. Three key zones that may cause concern are:

Soggy or confirmation of breaks

On the off chance that there are not kidding soggy issues in the property or proof of holes behind the dividers or under the floor, at the,t point this could be a costly issue to settle. Vast scale soggy can likewise prompt other potential issues, for example, shape or spoiled timber.

Material issues

The rooftop shields your home from the components so it is vital that it is fundamentally solid, release free and appropriately wrapped up.

Sub-floor issues

On the off chance that there are issues with the base of the property, this could cause major issues later on. Issues could incorporate real splitting and floors not being level.

building inspections Sydney

Posted on: 2018/9/11 10:11

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/16 13:54
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
We also live in a 6 unit rowhouse condo conversion, the board president told us about the pending inspection (sticker left on front door of building) as this was happening during our renovation.
The one interesting thing the inspector told us was that we needed to put vents on the doors on the individual storage units in the basement in order to pass the 2019 inspection.
We didn't have a beef with the inspector, but saw him in a bitter feud with a neighbor out on the sidewalk as they refused him entrance to their building. Not sure why...

Posted on: 2018/8/30 13:15

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/30 11:17
From australia
Group:
Registered Users
Hello all

The Complete DIY Building Inspection Checklist

Purchasing a house is a noteworthy monetary duty, so the exact opposite thing you need is to move in and after that locate a noteworthy issue that could be to a great degree exorbitant to correct and not have the financial backing to settle. Having experts direct building and vermin assessments on each property you are keen on would likewise be a costly exercise. One arrangement is to take the time and inconvenience to complete an intensive DIY investigation of every property yourself utilizing a building review agenda, dispense with the properties on your waitlist with the clearest or possibly exorbitant issues, at that point bring in the experts to complete a full examination of your preferred property.

Posted on: 2018/8/30 11:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Might be of interest to new home or apartment buyers.

I spent 3 days doing a thorough building inspection of a brand new 10 family building in NY.

The body corporate manager / resident and friend called me in to do the inspection.

Being a new building and under 'guarantee' for workmanship and products, I expected this to be an easy inspection. (like getting a new car)

However, this was not the case even though the place 'visually' looked great.

To cut a long story short, there were 203 items to be corrected and 5 that were of a structural nature that could mean that one of the residents would need to leave while it got repaired - nothing too serious but a pain to remove, replace and make good.

It just might be a good idea for a new building's body corporate to invest in a building inspector to check over the entire place before they 'write off' any responsibility a builder / construction co. might have with the place.

A previous inspection by another inspector, found only 8 items to fix and the one's I found had been there since day one. If an inspector arrives without some sort of 'level' and tape measure and relying on 'line of sight' then I'd be asking questions especially if you want to know where water might run and if running in the right direction!

Posted on: 2007/9/5 11:45
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/28 15:31
Group:
Registered Users
The motion light out back was required by the State. We had a light that had a switch just inside the door, but a motion sensor was added by an electrician. I'd rather have a light I can turn on to light up the yard, the motion sensor is gonna cause blindness during the bbq's. As for security, that's why I have dogs.

Posted on: 2006/4/18 0:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
I know they check for carbon monoxide monitors. I was just wondering, is motion light required now or was it just a suggestion? That would be a good deterrent for burglary.

Posted on: 2006/4/14 16:15

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/28 15:31
Group:
Registered Users
The building I'm in just recently had an inspection. Same situation - note taped to the front door. The inspector came right on schedule, seemed relatively painless. A few things were missing that needed to be done, ie. door closures, motion light in yard, fixing some cracked plaster on the ceilings, etc. The reinspection was postponed by my landlord (who failed to inform the tenants) and has been rescheduled. So for me, it'll be 3 days of missing work for this inspection. Not as painless as I originally thought. Hope your inspection goes better.

Posted on: 2006/4/14 15:34

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/8/21 22:27
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for the info. Yes, I am the owner, and was a bit ticked that we just got this sheet of paper taped to the door, without someone just ASKING...when is a good time for you? Or...here are some options...etc. It was just...hey, we are showing up at this time. Weird. Lets hope it's painless.

Posted on: 2006/4/14 15:23

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/6 20:58
Group:
Registered Users
I live in a 6-unit self-managed condo building. We were notified of inspections exactly the same way -- note taped to the front door. I thought it was some kind of joke but it wasn't. This was about three years ago. The inspection was pretty painless. All we were cited for was not having a CO detector. They gave us 2 weeks to have one installed in the unit. No penalties.

Posted on: 2006/4/12 14:32

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/19 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Not actually sure what your complaint is . . . typically they contact the owner first, advising that inspections are beginning. Then they post the notices of when they will be coming, which is what they appear to have done.

Are you the owner and were never called that inspections were beginning? Or are you a tenant and upset you were notice given notice that they will be giving notice?

Posted on: 2006/4/12 14:03

Building Inspection?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/8/21 22:27
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone know about this? I came home yesterday to my building (4 fam...we live in one unit and rent out the other 3), and there was a sheet of paper posted to my door. Something to the effect: This building will be inspected by the state of NJ on April 20, at 1pm. Tenants, if you are unable to be here at that time, please leave your keys with the owner / building custodian.
WTF?
Yes, I know that buildings are up for inspections again. But there was no contact to me. No attempt to arrange a time with me...the building " custodian ". I work during the day. There was no warning, no nothing. Anybody else had this?

Posted on: 2006/4/12 13:28

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017