Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 120

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Give Mayor Fulop the hat trick with wins in Wards A, B, and C on Dec 5th, 2017
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Jersey City runoff results a mixed bag for Fulop

JERSEY CITY -- The results of today's four council runoffs brought mixed news for Mayor Steve Fulop, whose team defeated one of his council critics on the West Side while another potential political adversary won a closely watched contest in the Downtown.

Fulop's allies in Wards A and B, Denise Ridley and Mira Prinz-Arey, won easy victories, according to preliminary results from the county clerk's office. Prinz-Arey, 45, defeated incumbent Councilman Chris Gadsden, a Fulop critic. Ridley, 34, will succeed Fulop ally Frank Gajewski. Both women are first-time candidates.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ng_mixed_bag_for_ful.html

Posted on: 2017/12/6 2:52

Re: Give Mayor Fulop the hat trick with wins in Wards A, B, and C on Dec 5th, 2017
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
If you have not voted yet ....GO VOTE!

Posted on: 2017/12/5 22:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Webmaster wrote:
USER: unicornfrappucino is BANNED because they have the same IP as user jimbehrle who was banned for posting like an obnoxious idiot.

Maybe they were at the same coffee shop

Posted on: 2017/12/5 16:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
It is time for a change in Ward C, the below 2015 JJ piece is disturbing. Some people don?t want a Mayor Fulop rubber stamp City Council even though he received 80% of the city wide vote but is a Ward D Councilman Yun rubber stamp Councilman better? Time for a Yun Boggiano divorce go with John Hanussak 1A.

Jersey City councilman masters the art of the flip-flop

By Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal
on February 13, 2015 at 5:15 PM, updated February 13, 2015 at 10:46 PM

JERSEY CITY -- As the City Council voted on Tuesday night to adopt an ordinance transferring some city property in Journal Square to an autonomous agency, Councilman Rich Boggiano voted yes.

Councilman Michael Yun, remembering that Boggiano had spoken against the measure at the previous night's caucus, told Deputy City Clerk Sean Gallagher, who was presiding over the meeting, that Boggiano "was not finished yet." But Boggiano again voted yes.

After Yun voted no, Boggiano asked to change his vote.

"Sean, no," Boggiano told Gallagher, explaining, "I got interrupted by something."

The last-minute reversal wasn't unusual. In the nearly two years since he joined the council, Boggiano, who represents Ward C, has often changed his vote mid-roll call or reversed his stance on everything from moving Jersey City's election to November* to opposing no-bid contracts. Last August, he even abstained from voting on his own piece of legislation.

TEAM FULOP: (KEEP) MOVING JERSEY CITY FORWARD

Denise Ridley FORWARD A Council 3A
Mira Prinz-Arey FORWARD B Council 3A
John Hanussak FORWARD C Council 1A

Personal choice:

Rebecca Symes FORWARD E Council 1A

*hey Rich you should have voted for the election move plus legislation to eliminate useless run-offs..lol

Posted on: 2017/12/5 13:02

Webmaster
Webmaster

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/25 12:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Webmasters
USER: unicornfrappucino is BANNED because they have the same IP as user jimbehrle who was banned for posting like an obnoxious idiot.

Posted on: 2017/12/5 3:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

unicornfrappucino wrote:
Your hypocrisy knows no bounds, Yvonne. It's totally shameless and transparent.

Boy do you have nerve, first you hide behind a phony name calling me a hypocrite and secondly, I point out that the article states the Councilpresident was involved in tearing down signs. The truth offends you. Lastly, the article states Phil Kenny was involved in tearing down signs, let me remind you, Fulop got elected the first time by using Big Rig 3 and Kenny was part of that, so who is the hypocrite now?

Posted on: 2017/12/5 3:11

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 2:48
From Jersey City
Group:
Banned
Your hypocrisy knows no bounds, Yvonne. It's totally shameless and transparent.

Posted on: 2017/12/5 2:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

unicornfrappucino wrote:
Yvonne, you didn't care when Nandwani signs were torn down! You said she tore her own signs down!

The woman is unstable, she probably tore down the signs herself. I still remember her complaining at the Loews Ward C debate that Boggiano and Hanussak were standing when they spoke. She told the moderator they should sit down. Luckily, the moderator ignored her request. By the way, I heard from several sources that she will get a city job. In the article it states the Councilpresident is involved in pulling down signs. That is strange.

Posted on: 2017/12/5 2:19

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 2:48
From Jersey City
Group:
Banned
Yvonne, you didn't care when Nandwani signs were torn down! You said she tore her own signs down!

Posted on: 2017/12/5 0:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/12/5 0:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I am not in favor of rubber stamps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dei0XAb6gJk

Wow thanks for the video so it is showing that John is in line with 80% of the Jersey City voters (3 to 1 in every Ward) in saying that there isn?t really a Fulop administration initiative that should not have been done.

A little surprised with your Hanussak support I thought as a JC old- tim?.err?I mean? JC long-timer like Rich ?NO vote? Boggiano you would be supporting him.

Quote:
Vote for Mayor Fulop?s 3 City Council picks in Wards A, B, and C on December 5th. By winning the city wide vote with 78% and Wards A, B, and C with 74%,79%, and 79% respectively I think voters recognize all the good he has done for JC in the last 4 years. Those numbers prove how he has broken down the ?Tale of Two Cities? (sorry Earl),JC old-timers hate interlopers (we don?t) , and the rt 78 (good and bad sections) boundary BS. Give him the YES votes to take JC even further. Ain?t nothing wrong with a rubber stamp if you have the right leader cutting it.

+ Rebecca Symes FORWARD E Council 1A

Posted on: 2017/12/4 16:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I am not in favor of rubber stamps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dei0XAb6gJk

Posted on: 2017/12/2 21:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
SciTech city was under discussion for over a year before the vote in question.

Posted on: 2017/12/2 21:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Vote for Mayor Fulop?s 3 City Council picks in Wards A, B, and C on December 5th. By winning the city wide vote with 78% and Wards A, B, and C with 74%,79%, and 79% respectively I think voters recognize all the good he has done for JC in the last 4 years. Those numbers prove how he has broken down the ?Tale of Two Cities? (sorry Earl),JC old-timers hate interlopers (we don?t) , and the rt 78 (good and bad sections) boundary BS. Give him the YES votes to take JC even further. Ain?t nothing wrong with a rubber stamp if you have the right leader cutting it.

+ Rebecca Symes FORWARD E Council 1A

Posted on: 2017/12/2 21:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
IMHO? I see nothing wrong with a rubber stamp City Council when you have the right forward thinking leader at the top. I don?t think there has been a bad decision made in the last 4 years by Mayor Fulop and his City Council. Everything they passed moved the city one step forward.

Yes sometimes rubber stamp City Councils are bad look at what we had with Healy. He had a rubber stamp City Council for close to 9 years. Bad leader at the top bad or no results from the City Council. (GIGO) I recall the Healy controlled City Council with Council President Peter Brennan passing an ordinance to shut then Councilman Fulop down. I think it was dubbed the anti-Fulop ordinance. It stated that an ordinance couldn?t be reintroduced again for 6 months after it was voted down. (which most of Councilman Fulop?s fresh ideas were at the time) A perfect example of a bad rubber stamp City Council.

Are those constant NO votes from Yun* and Boggiano (the NO-bbie brothers) really because they are just ?looking out for JC residents? or are they just to show that they are Independents and screw it if it slows down Mayor Fulop?s vision for JC? Hmm funny their two Wards seem to be benefiting the most from the other Council members YES votes especially Ward C. From looking at the vote tallies from November 7th I think it is pretty clear we all trust what Mayor Fulop and his City Council are doing for our city. Why tie up progress with a chorus of NO votes.

*I don?t think Mo had a chance in Ward D against Yun?how can you compete with getting Christmas and Birthday cards from the bow-tied Crusader?.err?Independent. (Gee I even put them on my mantel thanks Mike ...lol)

Sorry as a resident of Ward A the mayors last pick was an embarrassment to this ward. Frank Gajewski has not done anything for the ward. All he has done is voted on giving abatement's to Journal Square and downtown. He is useless, and because of that I would never vote for the mayors pick.

Posted on: 2017/11/18 17:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
IMHO? I see nothing wrong with a rubber stamp City Council when you have the right forward thinking leader at the top. I don?t think there has been a bad decision made in the last 4 years by Mayor Fulop and his City Council. Everything they passed moved the city one step forward.

Yes sometimes rubber stamp City Councils are bad look at what we had with Healy. He had a rubber stamp City Council for close to 9 years. Bad leader at the top bad or no results from the City Council. (GIGO) I recall the Healy controlled City Council with Council President Peter Brennan passing an ordinance to shut then Councilman Fulop down. I think it was dubbed the anti-Fulop ordinance. It stated that an ordinance couldn?t be reintroduced again for 6 months after it was voted down. (which most of Councilman Fulop?s fresh ideas were at the time) A perfect example of a bad rubber stamp City Council.

Are those constant NO votes from Yun* and Boggiano (the NO-bbie brothers) really because they are just ?looking out for JC residents? or are they just to show that they are Independents and screw it if it slows down Mayor Fulop?s vision for JC? Hmm funny their two Wards seem to be benefiting the most from the other Council members YES votes especially Ward C. From looking at the vote tallies from November 7th I think it is pretty clear we all trust what Mayor Fulop and his City Council are doing for our city. Why tie up progress with a chorus of NO votes.

*I don?t think Mo had a chance in Ward D against Yun?how can you compete with getting Christmas and Birthday cards from the bow-tied Crusader?.err?Independent. (Gee I even put them on my mantel thanks Mike ...lol)

Posted on: 2017/11/18 16:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Amen, independents for every ward.

I do believe Fulop is doing a great job, and I would like to see continued city building with the support of council. But there are instances where the slate has been... problematic.

For example... SciTech city. It's an excellent project. But it was unconscionable that council just pushed this through because it was a mayoral priority rather than doing further due dilligence. They should've ordered an appriasal so it's clear the value of the land that was being transfered. I don't care if the appraisal came back at 100m or $200 million. It's still an excellent project. But the lack of that step without challanging the mayor on the value of the city-owned land is something an independet council would never do.

What I don't like are independents who just like playing the role of spolier or obstructionst just to say they are opposed to the Mayor. I really like Yun from when I use to live in the Heights but I feel like he did that sometimes. Boggiano too. Sure Rich is great to call on if the garbage collectors miss a bag, but he misses big picture items. I feel like Mayor Fulop has been taking a bigger role in the much needed revitalization of Journal Square than Rich, who seems almost indifferent if the planned redevelopments happen or not.

Posted on: 2017/11/17 14:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Amen, independents for every ward.

Posted on: 2017/11/17 13:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Nope. I think a rubber stamp is the last thing Fulop needs. .

I am with you on this, which is why I am glad that Yun isn't in a runoff. IMHO, he has been good as a foil of sorts to Fulop.

Posted on: 2017/11/17 12:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Nope. I think a rubber stamp is the last thing Fulop needs. I'm not in favor of the Healy-Matsikoudis camp, but more independents would be good to keep Fulop on his toes and really thinking through his shit. What's the point of having a council at all if it's a rubber stamp for the mayor?

If I had my way the council seats would be spread among as many elections as possible to reduce the "slate effect".

Posted on: 2017/11/17 4:05

Give Mayor Fulop the hat trick with wins in Wards A, B, and C on Dec 5th, 2017
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Vote for Mayor Fulop?s 3 City Council picks in Wards A, B, and C on December 5th, 2017. By winning the city wide vote with 78% and Wards A, B, and C with 74%, 79%, and 79% respectively I think voters recognize all the good he has done for JC in the last 4 years. Let Team Fulop (with some new blood) continue that good work for the next 4 years.

Posted on: 2017/11/17 3:03

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!