Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
75 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 75

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Re: Ward E for Sale - How Dixon $$$ bought Symes a candidacy.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCvoter wrote:

You are part of the machine -

LOL! From you, that accusation is an honorific.

Posted on: 2017/11/28 15:12

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/12 3:48
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
EC, with respect to my role in the campaign, I have publicly supported Rebecca. I'm not in the inner circle, though I've attended canvassing trainings, strategy meetings, and GOTV rallies.

I will say that I've never seen Bertoli at any of these. I'm not saying he has not offered his help in some way. Maybe he has some Svengali-like behind the scenes role but it's really not how that campaign is being run. The people doing the heavy lifting on the campaign like Alex and Anne, are all public about their roles.

You are part of the machine -

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... noff_would_bring_ove.html

"In Jersey City, we've grown used to living in a one-party state.

While Jersey City sent at least five busloads of protesters to the Women's March in January to speak out against President Donald Trump's autocratic tendencies, we laugh off our own one-party machine rule as "just the way things are."

We need to see that Jersey City's rule-by-machine has real consequences, sometimes frustrating, sometimes tragic.

We see it at the voting booth. Living in a democracy should mean voters have real choices. Yet during elections, there are often no choices on our local ballot. In November, for instance, residents of the Heights and Downtown had only one choice for Freeholder. How accountable will the "winner" of that election be, knowing he won without opposition -- and may do the same at the next election?

It's easy to see why the machine candidates are often unopposed. Candidates who run against them have a mountain to climb, since the machine puts a staggering effort into winning elections. For example, one reason why Mayor Steven Fulop's administration expanded city office's Election Day closings was to free up more city workers to pass out campaign literaturte for machine candidates outside the polls. Next election, ask the campaign volunteers you see what their day jobs are.

City workers at the highest levels are enmeshed in local politics. A few years back, I received a mass email from the personal account of the director of the city's health department, asking if I'd run as district committee person and saying she was coordinating the efforts to find Democratic committee people in each district. I was not surprised to hear from an insider that the same department head was outside the door of a candidate meet-and-greet, taking attendance of city workers.

Living in a machine-run city means working with a city government that rewards the machine's friends and allies with public jobs and extraordinary access.

In recent testimony as part of an employee lawsuit, the deputy director of the city's Housing, Economic Development and Commerce Department says the department's director runs "everything" by political operative Tom Bertoli -- who has a side business as a building permit expeditor.

If you think that's funny or cute, try getting a building permit without either an "in" or Bertoli's help. See how long it takes.

Government in machine-controlled cities isn't responsive; when winning elections and rewarding friends are top priorities, serving constituents falls by the wayside.

In Jersey City, we saw this with landlord Trendy Management. Trendy was hit with 1,400 violations in March -- but only after the grassroots group New Jersey Together mobilized hundreds of people to attend an event where it aired a slideshow of mold and missing drywall at apartments managed by the company. Nevertheless, in October, the Jersey Journal reported that six people were taken to intensive care after suffering carbon monoxide poisoning due to a faulty boiler and missing carbon monoxide detectors at a Trendy Management building.

A city government with different priorities, with Housing Department leadership focused on serving constituents rather than political friends, might have done a better job at the basic blocking and tackling of boiler inspection and code enforcement. But when a city's political class's primary focus is winning elections, basic city functions fall by the wayside.

Sadly, the city council also serves as an arm of the machine, rarely, if ever, breaking ranks with the administration, or providing the most basic oversight. The council has approved a series of measures over the last four years that would have benefited from a skeptical outsider's eye.

Those decisions include approving legal expenses for lawsuits around the revaluation contract; suits that resulted in two court losses for the city, a refusal by the state Supreme Court to hear the city's appeal, and more than $1.4 million in payments from the city to the appraisal company it sued.

Another decision, to sign a 20-year lease obligating the city to pay $80,250 beginning in October for a city hall annex in Ward F, might also have benefited from the scrutiny of an independent council. While the city has begun paying rent, the building is nowhere near completion. A Jersey Journal report last month said, "A peek inside the windows of the structure provides some clue as to what needs to be done: A lot."

A key part of any democracy is checks and balances. And an important check in Jersey City should be the city council.

Happily, on Dec. 5, we have the opportunity to elect a city council with an independent majority during special run off elections for four council seats in Wards A, C, B and E.

I urge voters in those wards to consider not just the merits of the candidates on their ballots, but the implications their votes could have for the whole city. If the four challengers win, they, along with Councilman Michael Yun, might comprise an independent majority on our council for the first time in recent memory.

An independent council could provide a sorely needed voice in our machine-run city, bringing a modicum of oversight. That's why I'm supporting these four independents:

Joe Conte in Ward A
Chris Gadsden in Ward B
Rich Boggiano in Ward C
and James Solomon in Ward E

Each of the four races is different, matching candidates who are, for the most part, both qualified. I know Chris Gadsden and James Solomon well and I have the utmost faith in them. I've observed the meticulous level of preparation and intellect Gadsden has brought to his work as the sitting Ward B councilman. I've worked alongside Solomon for fair school funding from abated developers and know him to have a diligent, independent and fair-minded approach to policy. While I know Joe Conte and Rich Boggiano mostly by reputation, I still urge votes for them in hopes of bringing much needed independence and oversight to our city council.

Jersey City has been run by a political machine for decades. An independent council won't change that. But it could be part of a desperately needed process to creating more transparent, responsive and responsible government for our city.

Ellen Simon is a Jersey City resident and a former member of the Board of Education. The opinions expressed here are her own."

Posted on: 2017/11/28 12:03

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Any lonely Symes fans know why Rebecca was filing campaign contributions from a West Village address two weeks after she moved to Jersey City?

http://classic.fec.gov/finance/disclosure/norindsea.shtml

Resized Image

Posted on: 2017/11/28 11:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
EC, with respect to my role in the campaign, I have publicly supported Rebecca. I'm not in the inner circle, though I've attended canvassing trainings, strategy meetings, and GOTV rallies.

I will say that I've never seen Bertoli at any of these. I'm not saying he has not offered his help in some way. Maybe he has some Svengali-like behind the scenes role but it's really not how that campaign is being run. The people doing the heavy lifting on the campaign like Alex and Anne, are all public about their roles.

Posted on: 2017/11/27 20:12

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/30 1:27
From The Heights
Group:
Banned
How many accounts does the Solomon campaign have here??

Posted on: 2017/11/27 17:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

ecinjc wrote:
I actually don't think I'm throwing around smears or innuendo. I read in the journal that Tom Bertoli is working on her campaign.In my opinion that speaks to either very bad decision making or bad character. Yes he's good at what he does but having hime consulting on a campaign and then trying to claim you are independent of developers is completely disingenuous.

And in response to JP I'm sure Rebecca also worked hard to get her votes. But it sounds like you admit Bertoli is working on her campaign and seem OK with it.

Do you not know his recent history?

Http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... eveloper_friends_ex-.html

Oopsie!! I think you got your sock puppets mixed up...

Resized Image

Posted on: 2017/11/27 16:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

ecinjc wrote:
I actually don't think I'm throwing around smears or innuendo. I read in the journal that Tom Bertoli is working on her campaign.In my opinion that speaks to either very bad decision making or bad character. Yes he's good at what he does but having hime consulting on a campaign and then trying to claim you are independent of developers is completely disingenuous.

And in response to JP I'm sure Rebecca also worked hard to get her votes. But it sounds like you admit Bertoli is working on her campaign and seem OK with it.

Http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... eveloper_friends_ex-.html

Oopsie!! I think you got your sock puppets mixed up...

Posted on: 2017/11/27 16:08

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/11 2:23
Group:
Registered Users

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... eveloper_friends_ex-.html

Posted on: 2017/11/27 16:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCvoter wrote:
Quote:

StevieSizemore wrote:
Thanks for the fresh dump of opposition research...

An undecided voter can go back through this thread and see that I have provided sources to back-up my claims, you can follow links and judge the truthfulness and validity of my words.

The Symes/Dixon camp's only defense appears to be innuendo, smear and pretending they have already won.

And yet, as an undecided voter, it seems to me like you're the one throwing around innuendo and smears.

You haven't pointed to a single policy position advocated by either candidate that you believe will be positive or negative for the city. All you do is tar Symes by association with developers, and scream about her title as listed on a few donation forms. ~yawn~

Posted on: 2017/11/27 14:26

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

StevieSizemore wrote:
Thanks for the fresh dump of opposition research...

The only fresh dump here is the one Tom Bertoli does in his high-waisted pants every time I post accurate, informed and well-sourced revelations regarding Rebecca's ties to big money.

An undecided voter can go back through this thread and see that I have provided sources to back-up my claims, you can follow links and judge the truthfulness and validity of my words.

The Symes/Dixon camp's only defense appears to be innuendo, smear and pretending they have already won.

There's no money or glory involved here for me, just heartfelt hope for a better city, one not cynically exploited for profit by men in yachts anchored in the Hudson, beancounters in Australia or a once-powerful political troll in a nondescript McMansion in Matawan.

Posted on: 2017/11/27 11:52

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From The Heights
Group:
Banned
What is the turn-out, historically, for run-offs? The chances of James making up 500 votes with low voter turnout and no "Roy Moore-like" Situation are astronomically against. If I were him I'd bank the rest of the campaign money and run again in 4 years. I'm pretty sure the 2017 goose is cooked.

Posted on: 2017/11/27 3:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Rebecca did well by the waterfront because her campaign has worked very hard to outreach to voters all across the ward. In Liberty Harbor she had a concerted effort to have residents in each building contact their neighbors to get out the vote.

James is being supported by one Weichert Realtor who has bragged to me about her ability to get entry to the large buildings, basically what you are accusing Bertoli of doing (which he did not do in my building or my neighborhood). But SHHHHHH! He's not supposed to have support from the "real estate industry."

Posted on: 2017/11/27 2:43

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I'm pretty sure Fulop has distanced himself fro Bertoli for quite some time now since some not so great information has come out about him. If Fulop was still working with Bertoli it would be sketchy but pretty sure he's not. Read recent Jersey Journal reports about some of the information on him. It doesn't take much digging to connect the dots.

Posted on: 2017/11/26 21:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

ecinjc wrote:
How is no one else seriously disturbed by what the Jersey Journal mentions so casually yesterday.

That TOM BERTOLI is among Rebecca's advisors.

I'm curious, why have you neglected to mention that Bertoli is also a long-time advisor to Fulop? Not a plus in my book for her, but a curious ommission if someone wants to put all the cards on the table.

Posted on: 2017/11/26 21:46

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
How is no one else seriously disturbed by what the Jersey Journal mentions so casually yesterday.

That TOM BERTOLI is among Rebecca's advisors. Everyone knows he works closely with developers to push their projects through. I was even under the impression that he is under some type of investigation. This would explain why Rebecca's numbers were higher in the waterfront, Bertoli is a master at getting access to those buildings because of his close relationship with developers. Rebecca should definitely address this assertion. If it's true then there is absolutely no question that her alliances are with developers no matter what she says.

"Solomon has worked in Boston government circles and, as evidenced at debates, is well-spoken, has ideas and is far from shy about taking verbal shots at the mayor. The college instructor's problem is that he finished about 500 votes behind Symes earlier this month. Symes has among her advisors, right-side of brain planner Tom Bertoli. It's too late in the season for Solomon to give out turkeys."

http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/2 ... aps_political_inside.html

Posted on: 2017/11/26 20:58

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/4 20:13
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for the fresh dump of opposition research, James. The work of your firm should be probably referenced. I guess when you buy someone else's work, you don't have cite it? Seems antithetical to your "academic prowess".

If the best use of Solomon's money is to copy and paste someone else's work into JCList, I'm really concerned James Solomon has ZERO regard for money. The fact James Solomon pays $10k for opposition research like he's a Clinton, funds dirty misleading polls, and then uses a troll den to get this message out there shows that Jimmy is one of those entitled rich kids with no concept or respect for the value of money.

This is what happens when everything gets handed you in life - you lose the concept of hard work. James Solomon wouldn't know a real days work if it came up and hit him.

If I were one of his donors and saw that he spent $160k for a 2nd place finish, I wouldn't bother giving him another dime.

Posted on: 2017/11/26 19:50

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From The Heights
Group:
Banned
So she was doing her job? Sounds pretty sinister. If she hadn't used money on local Jersey City stuff, I guess that would also be bad? James naturally only has the purest of intentions to run for office: being rich and buying a council seat.

Posted on: 2017/11/26 2:41

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Ok guys, let's take another look at that job posting I mentioned earlier.

Quote:

JCvoter wrote:
In an archived job posting from June 2015 Dixon Advisory sought a Legal and Government Affairs Analyst to "report to the Head of Legal & Government Relations" which was of course Rebecca Symes.

https://web.archive.org/web/2015062104 ... rnment-relations-analyst/

Some highlights -

"Research and write briefing materials on elected officials, government agencies, community groups, and other stakeholders in areas where the Company has invested"

"Track the location of the Company?s properties within electoral districts, neighbourhood association boundaries, and special zoning or redevelopment areas"

"Attend frequent community meetings (typically 2 evenings per week) and report to senior management regarding relevant or otherwise important topics"

"Strong interest in New Jersey politics, particularly Hudson County, NJ"

This position was held by two different people from June 2015 up until Rebecca announced she was running for council. The position was advertised a second time in 2016.

https://www.dixonadvisoryusa.com/recru ... rnment-relations-analyst/

From the 2015 listing.

Resized Image

From the 2016 listing.

Resized Image

This is where the money came from to sponsor every community event, charitable cause and neighborhood association in Downtown Jersey City.

This money was under Rebecca's control.

Anyone still doubting the political overtones of this operation needs to look at the resumes of the pair that assisted her.

Resized Image

https://www.linkedin.com/in/dorothy-weldon-a92244102/

Resized Image

https://www.linkedin.com/in/al726/

There was no separation of Rebecca's political and business life when she worked at Dixon.
It would be foolish to expect it should she become councilwoman, especially after Dixon spent all that money.

Posted on: 2017/11/25 23:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/25 1:59
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
+1Quote:

iGreg wrote:
Very tasty post.

Yet the sad part is the clueless idiots will continue to vote for painfully obvious corporate shills like this.

#democracy

Quote:

JCvoter wrote:
Symes says she wants to "Keep money out of politics".

Let's take a closer look at the 2015 school board campaign she ran one month after she moved to Jersey City.

Here we can see that Rebecca was the Chairperson for the Reichart-Gangadin-Roman "Education Matters" slate and that the campaign was run from her home, a Dixon property.

Resized Image

Ballotpedia succinctly informs us how much the campaign raised and spent.

Resized Image

https://ballotpedia.org/John_Reichart

However $6000 of that came in the form of loans from the candidates which leaves $14,649 in actual donations.

Resized Image

The first two donations were $500 from Rebecca Symes and $1000 from Paul Silverman.
I must stress here that, once again, the Silvermans appear to be the good guys in all this. Reichart was, and still is their guy, considering that, $1000 was a modest donation.
Nevertheless I'm going to include it in the total that developers gave.

Resized Image

Next up is Rob Caulfield of Fields Development in Hoboken who gave $2,500.

http://www.fieldsdevelopment.com/portfolio

Resized Image

Can you guess who's next?
I think you can.

It's Rebecca's employer and landlord Dixon Advisory with a mindblowing $7,800 donation.

Resized Image

Dixon was responsible for over half of the money raised by a campaign managed by a Dixon employee working from a discounted Dixon property.

Overall the campaign received $11,800 directly from developers which accounts for over 80% of donations.

The kicker here is that the campaign spent less than $4000, half of what Dixon gave.

They didn't even need the money.

Resized Image

All campaign records for any candidate can be viewed here -
http://www.elec.state.nj.us/ELECReport/SearchEntityByLocation.aspx

Posted on: 2017/11/23 2:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/12 20:58
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
iGreg, yep. We recognize a hit job when we see it.

Posted on: 2017/11/23 1:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Very tasty post.

Yet the sad part is the clueless idiots will continue to vote for painfully obvious corporate shills like this.

#democracy

Quote:

JCvoter wrote:

Let's take a closer look at the 2015 school board campaign she ran one month after she moved to Jersey City.

Here we can see that Rebecca was the Chairperson for the Reichart-Gangadin-Roman "Education Matters" slate and that the campaign was run from her home, a Dixon property.

Resized Image

Resized Image

However $6000 of that came in the form of loans from the candidates which leaves $14,649 in actual donations.

Resized Image

The first two donations were $500 from Rebecca Symes and $1000 from Paul Silverman.
I must stress here that, once again, the Silvermans appear to be the good guys in all this. Reichart was, and still is their guy, considering that, $1000 was a modest donation.

Resized Image

Resized Image

I think you can.

It's Rebecca's employer and landlord Dixon Advisory with a mindblowing $7,800 donation.

Resized Image

Dixon was responsible for over half of the money raised by a campaign managed by a Dixon employee working from a discounted Dixon property.

Overall the campaign received $11,800 directly from developers which accounts for over 80% of donations.

The kicker here is that the campaign spent less than $4000, half of what Dixon gave.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2017/11/22 22:53

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From The Heights
Group:
Banned
Has Dixon donated to Symes' campaign?

James Solomon has raised over $170K for his council run. Is he against money in politics?

Also, is JCvoter admitting that Symes lives in Jersey City and not Hoboken?

Posted on: 2017/11/22 21:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users

Experience matters in Ward E; Thanks to voters in Bayonne | Election Chatter
Updated 3:15 PM; Posted 3:15 PM

By Letters To The Editor The Jersey Journal

Symes: I'm the right choice for council

Our work isn't finished yet. Despite our win on Nov. 7, we still have time to go before the run-off election on Dec. 5, and the question still remains:

Who's the right person with the professional qualifications, real-world experience and work ethic to be an effective advocate for Downtown Jersey City?

During this campaign, I've heard loud and clear the desire for making Jersey City a place where everyone can afford to live, not just a select few. I'm the right choice for Downtown. I have fought for tenants as a nonprofit attorney, made government work for regular people with Democrat U.S. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, and earned a seat at the table in a male-dominated industry as General Counsel for a real estate investment and property management company.

Here in Jersey City, I've dedicated countless hours to drastically expand access to free legal help for tenants and seniors and served on the boards of Liberty Science Center, the Harsimus Cove Association and the Jersey City Free Public Library.

Experience matters. And I'm ready to put my experience to work for you.

Rebecca Symes, Ward E Council Candidate

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... z.html#incart_river_index

Posted on: 2017/11/22 21:09

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

I think you can.

Resized Image

Resized Image

Posted on: 2017/11/22 19:41

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From The Heights
Group:
Banned
Just to be clear here, someone with an actual job and accomplishments is bad for having a job? While James is apparently independently wealthy with access to a large donor base and therefore Unbought and Unbossed? Somehow having a job makes you a complete sellout? This is some straight up Bernie BS. How did that work out for him?

Posted on: 2017/11/22 16:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
First of all, I post under my real name and have always made clear my position and where I stand. Second, I've answered your question. Rebecca has said that, for one year, she will work full time as a councilwoman. $35K is around what she was making in prior jobs.

I have never seen ANY candidate asked to document their proposed budget and living expenses in the future.

Posted on: 2017/11/22 15:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/12 20:58
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
07302, are you actually asking me if I have been paid to speak well of Rebecca Symes because I don't live in Ward E? Did you ask DanL the same question about why he is getting involved in these discussions?

Now I feel free to utterly disregard all of your posts as you have zero credibility. Thanks.

Posted on: 2017/11/22 15:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
From what I understand, that's about what she earned working full time at Housing Conservation Coordinators and government.

Lots of people do, in fact, make around $35K. I hope we are not reaching a point where we say the Ward E councilperson has to be independently wealthy or work in a high paying job while they do their council duties part time.

So now we are at the point where she is suspect if she doesn't earn lots of money, and she is also suspect because, for a brief period of time, she worked in the private sector and made more money.

Honestly, the whole Dixon conspiracy has run its course in this campaign. I assume Solomon has been able to establish his niche with it, and there are those who view Rebecca through its lens no matter how irrational. Trying to come up with new permutations of it at this point will not convince anyone. The people who repeat variations of this are just trying to justify it to themselves.

It's not a conspiracy. It is simple facts and logical arguments that are being asked both in public and in private. What is deafening is the silence and poor attempts - such as yours - to steer away from valid questions.

These are legitimate questions that we should be asking from our political leaders. That we do not - and that some people blindly defend her even when faced by facts - leads to the election of unqualified people. Look at our president. There were questions about him that were asked and never fully explored. And now our democracy is at peril.

We both know that $35k is not a lot of money (unless you live in Iowa) and, is below both the average and median annual household income in Jersey City. Living in Jersey City is expensive. Clearly living in subsidized housing - such as the Dixon duplex Ms Symes has been living since moving to Jersey City sometime last year - helps. And, once again we come back to the fundamental question of integrity, transparency, credibility, and independence that many are struggling with to answer.

We can speculate why we don't get the answers. But when we know that these are not being answered, we have a legitimate concern about the future leadership of our city. And in these times, when previosuly unseen news about the president's lack of integrity splashes on the TV screens all day, we should seek to hold the elected (and their sockpuppets) to a higher standard!

I'm sure you'd agree with that.

Posted on: 2017/11/22 15:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
From what I understand, that's about what she earned working full time at Housing Conservation Coordinators and government.

Lots of people do, in fact, make around $35K. I hope we are not reaching a point where we say the Ward E councilperson has to be independently wealthy or work in a high paying job while they do their council duties part time.

So now we are at the point where she is suspect if she doesn't earn lots of money, and she is also suspect because, for a brief period of time, she worked in the private sector and made more money.

Honestly, the whole Dixon conspiracy has run its course in this campaign. I assume Solomon has been able to establish his niche with it, and there are those who view Rebecca through its lens no matter how irrational. Trying to come up with new permutations of it at this point will not convince anyone. The people who repeat variations of this are just trying to justify it to themselves.

Posted on: 2017/11/22 14:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCvoter wrote:
Quote:

ecoindie wrote:
Symes was their general counsel not a governement affairs analyst.

100% wrong. She was Head of Legal and Government Relations.
As listed on her own FEC filings.

http://docquery.fec.gov/cgi-bin/fecimg/?201604159012560013

As such she spearheaded Dixon Advisory?s attempts to reduce their property tax bill.
As we know there is a reval around the corner and Dixon Advisory owns hundreds of properties that have all seen ?gorgeous? renovations. Dixon are looking at a collective tax increase in the millions and will do anything they can to reduce this, thus maximizing profits for themselves and their Australian shareholders while actual residents will be forced to pay more.
It's not only Dixon that's supporting her, but many of the large developers. Some of the support is overt, but most is covert (for all the right reasons). She is their cultivated dream candidate: entrenched in local ward E politics, generous donor of her employer's money to community organizations in Ward E, and a wicked skilled real estate attorney. Gotta ask the Symes-sockpuppets and Rebeccaites the obvious question that nobody has gotten a clear answer for: how will Ms Symes live off on $35k a year compensation as a councilperson? Perhaps some of the developers ask her to be their outside legal counsel? Wouldn't that be a brutal conflict of interest? Wake up and smell the putrid corruption...

Posted on: 2017/11/22 3:31

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017