Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
130 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 130

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Uncle Momo's - food handling
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
DouglasReynholm wrote: one dumb ass - evidence, happened to my friend - yelped a restaurant in Manhattan, NYCHHS contacted him. Smart ass !
Come on now Dougie... you can't be that stupid to believe that Yelp has time to link every restaurant review to an appropriate health department jurisdiction just because your "friend-evidence" got a sour stomach over a bad batch of moo goo gai pan? Ask for no MSG next time. That is what you said... and by the way what did you mean by etc. ? What else does Yelp forward and to whom? You seem to have a pretty good grasp of Yelp's operational standards and practicies. Dealing with NYC code enforcers it might be not to far fetched to believe some lazy dumb ass health inspector might be using Yelp to check on NYC restaurants. Or perhaps even investigate a legitimate case of multiple food poisoning victims. All that information and you don't even tell us the outcome of this iNYCHHSSSHHH investigation?

Posted on: 2017/11/7 22:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/4 19:30
Group:
Registered Users
one dumb ass - evidence, happened to my friend - yelped a restaurant in Manhattan, NYCHHS contacted him. Smart ass !

Posted on: 2017/11/7 21:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DouglasReynholm wrote:
If you post on YELP, YELP does forward reviews concerning food poisoning, etc.. to the local Health Dept.

Yes and of course, all the other restaurant reviews are forwarded to Zagats and Michelin to be included in their food/restaurant rating systems.

Posted on: 2017/11/7 20:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/4 19:30
Group:
Registered Users
If you post on YELP, YELP does forward reviews concerning food poisoning, etc.. to the local Health Dept.

Posted on: 2017/11/7 18:37

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/19 14:23
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I really wanted to like this place but here is my experience:
Food is OK, good, but not great. I ordered the same thing several times and each time the dishes were different.
Most importantly I feel like they just don't care. Dirty wine glasses were handed to me. The waitress and the OWNER were on their phones the whole time. When I was the only costumer I had to flag them down! The owner was watching a video with sound! So I had hear his IG feed while I ate.
All around crappy experience.

Posted on: 2017/11/6 19:40

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/20 18:13
Group:
Registered Users
I think it is more an issue for the health department rather than for
yelp. Businesses on yelp just remove reviews they don't like
anyway. Personally none of my friends or myself will ever go to
Uncle Momo's again.

Posted on: 2017/11/6 17:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

We also observed the same waiter stick his hands in dirty glasses that he was carrying back to the kitchen from other tables, he was not washing his hands in between.
He also habitually and repeatedly wiped his hands back and forth on his pants including the side of his butt.

Prolly some sort of Lebanese delicacy:

Resized Image

Posted on: 2017/10/26 16:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
You should post your comments on Yelp so that others are aware of the lax standards and potential health risk.

Posted on: 2017/10/26 15:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
cool story bro

Posted on: 2017/10/26 15:06

Uncle Momo's - food handling
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/20 18:13
Group:
Registered Users
Last night my friend and I visited two new restaurants on Grove Street to check them out.

We went to Uncle Momo's and ordered one small item each and we both had only water to drink, we just wanted an after dinner snack or dessert because had already eaten.

My friend noticed that there was a small chunk of food on the inside rim of her water glass (we didn't have any food yet either)
so she politely asked the waiter for a new clean glass of water.
The waiter was a grey haired man with black glasses. We were seated next to the glass partition that sections off the bar counter from the tables.
The waiter removed the water glass from the table and took it to the bar. My friend was watching him through the clear glass in the partition.

She said, "He is going to give me back the same dirty glass".
I said, "Are you sure?" I turned and looked through the glass in time to see the waiter hold up the glass, comment over his shoulder to the
bartender, and he made several pointed gestures where he stuck his finger inside the rim of the glass and swiped the rim with his bare finger several times.
He shook his head and shrugged at the bartender while doing this. I watched him then pour water into this glass and bring it and place it in front of my friend at the table.
He did not realize we could see him when he was sticking his finger in and rubbing the glass.

We both started to make noise to protest bringing back the dirty glass but he cut us off saying "It's new water" and he turned his back on us and went into the kitchen.

At this point our food had not come yet and I wanted to leave and then didn't want to eat it when it came because I was questioning now, what is in my food at this place?

We also observed the same waiter stick his hands in dirty glasses that he was carrying back to the kitchen from other tables, he was not washing his hands in between.
He also habitually and repeatedly wiped his hands back and forth on his pants including the side of his butt.
What really offended us was not only bringing back a dirty glass, but the attitude and poor food handling procedure of this waiter.

We will not be returning to Uncle Momo's for anything again ever.
We had also had dinner at Frankie's, the new place next to the wine store in the building next to city hall and that experience was nothing less than all around lovely, so we will go there or Razza
for dinner if we are in that area of Grove Street.

Posted on: 2017/10/26 14:55

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017