Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
128 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 128

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 ... 20 »

Re: The Beacon
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/1 14:06
Group:
Registered Users
saw a listing for a condo sale at the Beacon, but it said "Ongoing litigation between the association and the builder.". Does anyone know what the litigation is about?

Posted on: 2017/8/28 15:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
So the Beacon went from condo to a rental apartment dwelling. Glad I don't own there. Seems to blend with the neighborhood now.

Posted on: 2016/11/17 2:11
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

The Beacon in Jersey City is 95 percent leased

By The Jersey Journal
on November 16, 2016 at 5:55 PM, updated November 16, 2016 at 5:56 PM.

The Hague, the sixth and final building in The Beacon apartment complex in Jersey City has been completed and is 95 percent leased within six months of its introduction, according to information from the developer.

Building and Land Technology (BLT) said the apartment complex is now stabilized following its massive historic preservation and renovation effort. It is now home to nearly 2,000 residents in its 1,155 rental units.

The Beacon, listed on both the New Jersey and National Registers of Historic Places, represents one of the largest historic renovations ever completed in the country and stands as New Jersey's largest example of Art Deco-style architecture.

Read more:  http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... is_95_percent_leased.html

Posted on: 2016/11/17 0:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
I personally think the Beacon goes only to the Grove St. PATH as a matter of marketing/cache.I mean why would all those rich folks in the "gated hill" towers of the isolated Beacon want anything to do with the surrounding neighborhood,including JSQ? They want to keep the illusion for residents that they are "luxury" so they only want to take them to the "nice" part of town, dtjc.

EXACTLY. And, because of that, the management will happily oblige the desires of their residents and continue to shuttle them to their desired destination. But, apparently, hero69 thinks that The Beacon management should instead try and convince residents to go to JSQ. My original point remains: management will continue to bus residents to their more desired destination because that's what they are supposed to do and there is little incentive for them to do otherwise.

Fine with me! I use JSQ, so the less people there - the better IMHO!!!

Just like some people during the rush hour get on at the next to last stop going in the opposite direction so they will have a secured seat when the train departs from it's initial passenger boarding station.

Posted on: 2016/6/17 3:08
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
i see the beacon is running newer, longer buses to grove street. imo, these buses are too big and shouldn't the beacon start trying to encourage its residents to get on at jsq in order to help with neighborhood revitalizatoin.

The Beacon will bus their residents to the station they most prefer, and that is certainly Grove St. Unlike the government, the Beacon is not in the business of social engineering, so there is little incentive for them to "encourage" their residents to go to JSQ "to help with neighborhood revitalization".

drusila, sweetie, clearly you are not ready for prime time...best you be getting back to paradise island with your myopia.

being able to bus when and where one wants may or may not be in the best interests of beacon residents or other jersey city residents. and i sincerely doubt the beacon developers, residents would agree that they have no interests in the revitalization of jsq.

I think your reading comprehension needs some work. You are railing against something I didn't say. As a matter of personal practicality, going to JSQ may be preferable for those heading into NYC, as the likelihood of getting a seat will be higher. But, as a matter of practicality for other reasons (getting to a local business around Grove St, traffic patterns difficulties for a shuttle bus heading to JSQ and back, etc) the trip to Grove may be infinitely easier to carry out.

i merely asked a question as to whether or not beacon's management should start thinking about having the buses go to jsq. and who's to say the beacon couldn't have some buses go to jsq and others go to grove street.

what is your problem? you are so quick to shoot down the opinions of others. pathetic!

Posted on: 2016/6/16 22:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
I personally think the Beacon goes only to the Grove St. PATH as a matter of marketing/cache.I mean why would all those rich folks in the "gated hill" towers of the isolated Beacon want anything to do with the surrounding neighborhood,including JSQ? They want to keep the illusion for residents that they are "luxury" so they only want to take them to the "nice" part of town, dtjc.

EXACTLY. And, because of that, the management will happily oblige the desires of their residents and continue to shuttle them to their desired destination. But, apparently, hero69 thinks that The Beacon management should instead try and convince residents to go to JSQ. My original point remains: management will continue to bus residents to their more desired destination because that's what they are supposed to do and there is little incentive for them to do otherwise.

Fine with me! I use JSQ, so the less people there - the better IMHO!!!

Posted on: 2016/6/16 17:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:

Posted on: 2016/6/16 16:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/6/16 15:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
i see the beacon is running newer, longer buses to grove street. imo, these buses are too big and shouldn't the beacon start trying to encourage its residents to get on at jsq in order to help with neighborhood revitalizatoin.

The Beacon will bus their residents to the station they most prefer, and that is certainly Grove St. Unlike the government, the Beacon is not in the business of social engineering, so there is little incentive for them to "encourage" their residents to go to JSQ "to help with neighborhood revitalization".

drusila, sweetie, clearly you are not ready for prime time...best you be getting back to paradise island with your myopia.

being able to bus when and where one wants may or may not be in the best interests of beacon residents or other jersey city residents. and i sincerely doubt the beacon developers, residents would agree that they have no interests in the revitalization of jsq.

I think your reading comprehension needs some work. You are railing against something I didn't say. As a matter of personal practicality, going to JSQ may be preferable for those heading into NYC, as the likelihood of getting a seat will be higher. But, as a matter of practicality for other reasons (getting to a local business around Grove St, traffic patterns difficulties for a shuttle bus heading to JSQ and back, etc) the trip to Grove may be infinitely easier to carry out.

Posted on: 2016/6/16 13:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
There are over 10 completed or in the works projects in Journal Square. I feel sorry for anyone taking the PATH at Grove Street, so perhaps the Beacon should go to Journal Square because the train will already be filled to capacity once it goes to Grove Street.

Posted on: 2016/6/15 18:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:

Posted on: 2016/6/15 15:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:

Posted on: 2016/6/15 12:30

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/16 4:48
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
Quote:

jcchick1 wrote:
Thanks, that's good to hear. We don't have a car and so have to get everywhere by foot. Hoping that at least a coffee shop or small grocery shop pops up one of these days.

You need a car living around that area. I am not trying to be cynical but it is NOT safe especially after dark if you walk around. All it takes is 1 unlucky encounter to ruin your life. Majority of the people living in the beacon zooms in and out in their car/jitney to downtown jersey city.

Your description of the area around The Beacon as "unsafe" is rather funny. The area is just fine. I've walked that area at all areas and there is almost never anyone on the street.

I doubt that you've actually been in that area at any point in the last couple of years.

oh geez not you again, i am not going to waste time engaging you anymore in your reality distorting fantasies. You live in your own lala land.

I lived in jersey city for 10+ years, know the area very well. Readers can make up their own minds if that area outside of the beacon is safe or not.

Living in a large city doesn't mean you know each area intimately. You, obviously, know nothing about the area surrounding the Beacon despite your claims.

Engage in discussion or not, it doesn't matter. You lie when calling the area dangerous. I'm simply calling you out on it.

You can get real cheap street hookers on the back end of the block the Beacon is on. Cornelison and Fairmont. Totally safe area. I'm sure they draw the best and the brightest to the neighborhood.

Posted on: 2016/6/15 5:34

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/16 4:48
Group:
Registered Users
You can get real cheap street hookers on the back end of the block the Beacon is on. Cornelison and Fairmont. Totally safe area.

Posted on: 2016/6/15 5:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/6/14 22:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
Quote:

jcchick1 wrote:
Thanks, that's good to hear. We don't have a car and so have to get everywhere by foot. Hoping that at least a coffee shop or small grocery shop pops up one of these days.

You need a car living around that area. I am not trying to be cynical but it is NOT safe especially after dark if you walk around. All it takes is 1 unlucky encounter to ruin your life. Majority of the people living in the beacon zooms in and out in their car/jitney to downtown jersey city.

Your description of the area around The Beacon as "unsafe" is rather funny. The area is just fine. I've walked that area at all areas and there is almost never anyone on the street.

I doubt that you've actually been in that area at any point in the last couple of years.

oh geez not you again, i am not going to waste time engaging you anymore in your reality distorting fantasies. You live in your own lala land.

I lived in jersey city for 10+ years, know the area very well. Readers can make up their own minds if that area outside of the beacon is safe or not.

Living in a large city doesn't mean you know each area intimately. You, obviously, know nothing about the area surrounding the Beacon despite your claims.

Engage in discussion or not, it doesn't matter. You lie when calling the area dangerous. I'm simply calling you out on it.

Posted on: 2016/1/4 20:28
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/21 14:20
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
Quote:

jcchick1 wrote:

Posted on: 2016/1/4 19:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/12 22:36
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
Quote:

jcchick1 wrote:

Consumers owning cars is getting to an anachronism in urban areas like Jersey City. There are services like Uber and Lyft - also zip car. You don't need to own a car.

yeah ok....if you say so.

http://business.time.com/2013/08/09/t ... -really-want-cars-or-not/

Compare the cost of car payments and insurance to paying for Uber rides. Unless you need a car to get to work, car ownership is more of a luxury than a necessity. But I'm sure that Yvonne would agree with you that you can't live in the Beacon without a car.

Agree with you that the average person in that area who is working in JC/Manhattan/Brooklyn should not need a car. However, I would not be without a car if I was intending to renovate a home in a reasonable amount of time.

Posted on: 2015/12/31 18:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
Quote:

jcchick1 wrote:

Posted on: 2015/12/31 17:57
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
Quote:

jcchick1 wrote:

Consumers owning cars is getting to an anachronism in urban areas like Jersey City. There are services like Uber and Lyft - also zip car. You don't need to own a car.

http://business.time.com/2013/08/09/t ... -really-want-cars-or-not/

Compare the cost of car payments and insurance to paying for Uber rides. Unless you need a car to get to work, car ownership is more of a luxury than a necessity. But I'm sure that Yvonne would agree with you that you can't live in the Beacon without a car.

Posted on: 2015/12/31 17:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
Quote:

jcchick1 wrote:

Posted on: 2015/12/31 16:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
Quote:

jcchick1 wrote:

Posted on: 2015/12/31 15:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcchick1 wrote:

Posted on: 2015/12/31 5:09

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/12/10 18:02
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
And I *just* noticed today a new coffee shop on the corner of Bergen and Duncan called Harry Street Coffee. It has a very cool vibe.

https://www.facebook.com/harrystreetcoffee/

Posted on: 2015/12/30 19:45

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/2/23 1:38
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Not sure which direction from the Beacon you are, but a new coffee shop opened on Communipaw called Grind Coffee. It's a great place. I'm on Astor Place and it's just a few minutes walk. Totally safe. Really nice staff. Good coffee and treats. Great addition to the area.

http://instagram.com/grindcoffeejc

Quote:

jcchick1 wrote:

Posted on: 2015/12/30 19:05

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/12/10 18:02
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
My husband and I bought a McGinley Square condo in 2013, and there have been slow, but visible improvements to the area.

Just a few years ago, several of the pedestrian lights were perpetually broken on Bergen. In the last 12 months, these have been replaced, and major work has been done to the streets/sidewalk along Bergen Ave. I'm also heartened by the attractive renovation of Boyd McGuiness park.

I wish the pace were faster, but I do feel like things are moving in the right direction.

Best of luck with your new place!

Posted on: 2015/12/30 14:48

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/7 2:57
Group:
Registered Users
The future of mcginley square is dependent on this development happening
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... _city_planning_board.html

Posted on: 2015/12/30 14:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcchick1 wrote:
no car! who ever heard of such madness. what, pray child, evil spirit came over you?

Posted on: 2015/12/30 1:08

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 13:47
From downtown
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/12/30 0:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/2 21:22
Group:
Registered Users
I live down the street on the west side, I wouldn't worry too much. The place looks soooooooo much better than it did even 3 years ago. As long as downtown is expensive to buy a house in the areas near the journal sq will keep improving.

Posted on: 2015/12/29 22:23

(1) 2 3 4 ... 20 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017