Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
103 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 103

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: DOB: Fire Sub Code Division
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
It was Councilman Gadsden's office. I'm in Ward B.

Posted on: 2017/5/3 12:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Azul_the_Cat wrote:
I ended up emailing my councilman, and about an hour or so later the DOB magically calls me back and said they were wrong and that the permit had been closed for a while now. They weren't sure why I was given a notice.

Congratulations! And how sad is that? On renovation sites people talk about how they can just call up their Buildings Dept and ask questions of their helpful city employees. This city is so fucked in so many ways. Was it Boggiano's office that came through?

Posted on: 2017/5/3 2:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I ended up emailing my councilman, and about an hour or so later the DOB magically calls me back and said they were wrong and that the permit had been closed for a while now. They weren't sure why I was given a notice.

Posted on: 2017/5/2 16:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Haggis wrote:
Okay, here is what I did and for some reason it worked..I copied all my paperwork including stickers, final inspections, EVERYTHING I could get my hands on and FAXED it to the building dept with a cover sheet to my specific inspector. Every time I logged on and saw my permits still open after everything was approved, it drove me nuts.
2 weeks later all my permits were officially closed. No response from anyone, just everything closed.
Going there in person didn't work.
Good luck!

Nice going! You gotta watch that unclosed permit thing. Years back I had one all stickered and done, yet they said it wasn't because the inspector hadn't signed his own paperwork, and they used it as a pretext for demanding a fishing expedition to see if there was other work going on.

Posted on: 2017/5/2 0:25

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/16 13:54
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Okay, here is what I did and for some reason it worked..I copied all my paperwork including stickers, final inspections, EVERYTHING I could get my hands on and FAXED it to the building dept with a cover sheet to my specific inspector. Every time I logged on and saw my permits still open after everything was approved, it drove me nuts.
2 weeks later all my permits were officially closed. No response from anyone, just everything closed.
Going there in person didn't work.
Good luck!

Posted on: 2017/5/1 23:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Go forbid they use the inflow of all that permit money from the boom to expand the office and be citizen friendly. Call your councilperson, this "leave a message but we'll never call you back" stuff is bullshit.

The city actually doesn't have that much influence. The Building Dept. is under the watch of the State Dept. of Community Affairs.

After the J.C. BD got raided by the police some years back, I was hoping the State would 'nuke it', take it over (they have done this in other cities), and then rebuild it from scratch.

No luck though...

Posted on: 2017/5/1 21:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Go forbid they use the inflow of all that permit money from the boom to expand the office and be citizen friendly. Call your councilperson, this "leave a message but we'll never call you back" stuff is bullshit.

Posted on: 2017/5/1 21:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/18 4:28
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Azul_the_Cat wrote:
Anyone ever have any luck getting a call back from the Fire Sub Code Division at the DOB? I had a furnace replaced last year, and inspected/approved, but the permit it still open for some reason. The city left an orange sticker on my door to notify me of this, but all I can do is leave messages on their voicemail.

From my experience with them, it is useless to call them or leave a message: they just don't pick up the phone or return voicemail.

If you ever visit the DOB, you'll notice while you wait (and wait and wait some more, ...) that the phones ring constantly but nobody picks them up, busy or not...,

Posted on: 2017/5/1 21:22

DOB: Fire Sub Code Division
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone ever have any luck getting a call back from the Fire Sub Code Division at the DOB? I had a furnace replaced last year, and inspected/approved, but the permit it still open for some reason. The city left an orange sticker on my door to notify me of this, but all I can do is leave messages on their voicemail.

Posted on: 2017/5/1 19:08

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017