Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
118 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 118

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Bus from Journal Square to LaGuardia Airport?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
The cost, time, inconvenience, and frustration of getting to LaGuardia is pegged at about $75, one way. So a flight out of Newark would have to be more than $150 than LaGuardia for it to be worth it to me.

I saw NYC Airporter bus at Journal Square once, but there is no other information online. I assume this heads to Newark?

A trip to LaGuardia via public mass transit should take an hour from DTJC (Grove) and it is only a hassle if you are toting a lot of luggage, or if you mind the two transfers. But, at about ~ $5.50 it is a steal. It is only faster by private vehicle if you are doing the trip when there is very light traffic (late evenings, very early mornings) otherwise it could take you as long, or longer.

Posted on: 2017/5/2 3:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
The cost, time, inconvenience, and frustration of getting to LaGuardia is pegged at about $75, one way. So a flight out of Newark would have to be more than $150 than LaGuardia for it to be worth it to me.

I saw NYC Airporter bus at Journal Square once, but there is no other information online. I assume this heads to Newark?

Posted on: 2017/5/2 3:24

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/1 14:06
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey city to LGA or JFK is a pain. any $ savings in the flight is almost surely wiped out by either A) the price of transportation to/from the airport, and B) the time wasted to/from the airport. If you live in NJ, it's recommended to pay extra to fly out of EWR.

If you are traveling alone, I would take the recommendation from the poster above - bus into Port Authority, then take the NYC airporter.

If you are traveling with someone else - consider just taking a yellow cab once you get to Port Authority. The price for a cab from Manhattan to LGA is around the same as 2 shuttle ride payments.

Posted on: 2017/5/1 15:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/21 20:55
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
The Airporter is a good option. I used it to fly out of LGA and back. You can also take the Path to the subway and get off in queens and take an MTA Bus. Since you want to cut down on the transfers, its best to take the Airporter or UBER it.

FYI Leave early, its a mess getting into LGA due to construction

Posted on: 2017/5/1 15:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
According to www.rome2rio.com, a useful website for this sort of thing, there is no direct bus all the way. The best bet would be to take a NJ Transit bus to the Port Authority, then transfer to the NYC Airporter, which goes to LaGuardia from the Port Authority (it also stops at Grand Central station as well). That's the only way you can get from Jersey City to LaGuardia with a minimum of transfers, unless you're prepared to fork it over for a cab, car service or Uber.

Posted on: 2017/5/1 1:02

Bus from Journal Square to LaGuardia Airport?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I can't do the multiple transfers using PATH and an Uber is too expensive. Is there a private bus service from JSQ to LGA?

Posted on: 2017/4/30 18:34

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017