Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
117 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 117

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: ACME Monopoly Game
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:

So this time around I accept the pieces and when home open them to see if I won anything instantly. Last week I won a FREE bagel from the bake shop!!!!

Oh yeah - I got a coupon for a free bagel too. Then I went to the bake shop and saw how pitiful the bagels were. I left the coupon there because there is no way I'd want one of those. Maybe Teddy will redeem it and take it to his Bergen-Lafayette Coalition to Feed the Homeless.

Posted on: 2017/3/10 20:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
I'm having fun playing - won some aspirin and a donut! You can find a list of "rare" pieces online and believe it or not, people are selling their extra tickets on Ebay. Rare pieces are going for hundreds of dollars in auctions. The "H" piece for the vacation home sold for $400 on Ebay on March 1st. The "G" piece starting bid is $200.

Several stores related to ACME are doing this, but it's all the same game.

I know, I really need to get out more.

Posted on: 2017/3/10 14:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
I played last time and spent time cutting and taping the tiny pieces to the stupid game board. But like others I needed one more piece to win BIG. Never happened.

So this time around I accept the pieces and when home open them to see if I won anything instantly. Last week I won a FREE bagel from the bake shop!!!!

I then put all the pieces in an envelope and take them back to the store to give away on my next shopping trip. When I turn around on the checkout line and ask the people behind me if they play Monopoly I get the oddest looks. I guess everyone is on the lookout for people scamming them now a days. Well after a few tries someone on the line does step up and admit they play and they take the pieces.

Good luck.

PS ? if you are looking for a specific piece for that BIG win post it here. I will see if one turns up in my stash.

Posted on: 2017/3/10 13:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Between Costco, internet orders, and patronizing some local places (Young's for veggies and Mahoney's for beef) I hardly buy anything in ACME (formerly A&P) these days. Same for the StopnShop in the Heights.

I hope more people stop by just to comment on whether or not they shop at Acme

I seriously wonder what inspires people to respond to threads in this manner. "I have nothing relevant to say because I don't shop there so instead I'm just going to give a rundown on where I do grocery shop for no apparent reason"

that said, I am psyched to learn that there's a Stop n' Shop in the Heights.

Posted on: 2017/3/10 12:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Between Costco, internet orders, and patronizing some local places (Young's for veggies and Mahoney's for beef) I hardly buy anything in ACME (formerly A&P) these days. Same for the StopnShop in the Heights.

I seriously wonder what inspires people to respond to threads in this manner. "I have nothing relevant to say because I don't shop there so instead I'm just going to give a rundown on where I do grocery shop for no apparent reason"

I'm glad that someone is taking the discussion in "ACME Monopoly Game" very seriously. This is important stuff, no time for messing around when Monopoly is at stake.

Posted on: 2017/3/10 2:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:

VIP syndrome? Trying to get their post count up?

I do shop at Acme, but I can't be bothered with the Monopoly game. I usually take the pieces though because I'm too polite / can't be bothered to explain.

Posted on: 2017/3/10 1:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/1 0:23
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

MDM wrote:

Posted on: 2017/3/9 22:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:

Posted on: 2017/3/9 19:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

LoKo498 wrote:
How are you guys doing with the monopoly game from ACME? Any winners for any of the prizes? Today I got my 4th piece to win a $5.00 gift card for there.
Anyone else?
Good luck everyone!

Eh... I've filled up most of the monopoly board but of course with every prize it's always one missing game piece (or two or three for the bigger prizes in the center). Getting three out of the necessary four game pieces for a particular prize is worse than not getting any at all. I did get an instant win coupon for a bottle of free aspirin though. Woohoo!

Posted on: 2017/3/9 5:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/3/9 0:24

ACME Monopoly Game
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
How are you guys doing with the monopoly game from ACME? Any winners for any of the prizes? Today I got my 4th piece to win a $5.00 gift card for there.
Anyone else?
Good luck everyone!

Posted on: 2017/3/8 23:06

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017