Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 106

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

Re: Secaucus Boy Kicked Out of Scouts Because He's Transgender (Petition)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

"Caveman mentality?" I have no problem understanding that God created me female. I just feel sorry that this child who thinks she is just as male as the boys in her class. I wish the public would not lying to the child. No matter where you read, transgender people have a higher suicide attempt than the general public.
https://tgmentalhealth.com/basic-issue ... ransgender-mental-health/

I surmise that the high suicide attempt rate has more to do with them being persecuted, bullied, segregated and made to feel inferior by stupid, self-righteous, discriminatory behavior by asses like Monroe and yourself ... Yvonne you have no right to call yourself religious with such spite, hate and lacking any compassion, or humanity ... you are the ugly side of catholicism

Posted on: 2016/12/30 22:47
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
'Mental'? You bigot, using a term like that. Go to your safe space and learn to harness your microagressions!

You are mental - with a mind-set that you and Yvonne have, unless you are receiving medication. I'd like to know how standing up for human rights is deemed bigotry!

The pair of you can't just spew out your comments without them being rebutted.

An 8 year old girl doesn't have a 'human right' to join the Cub Scouts, which are for boys. I couldn't join Hadassah, either, because I'm neither a woman or Jewish. But if I identify as a woman and Jewish I guess you could make a case they'd have to accept me!

Both you and Yvonne have a 'caveman' mentality - Coed scouts have existed for over a decade in Canada and other western nations: Some might like to live in the past and sometimes I wish we still performed lobotomies, because I would like to nominate two from JClist to have the procedure done to.

http://wiki.scouts.ca/en/Scouting_Myths

http://www.scouts.ca/sites/default/fi ... ars-of-Co-Ed-Scouting.pdf

"Caveman mentality?" I have no problem understanding that God created me female. I just feel sorry that this child who thinks she is just as male as the boys in her class. I wish the public would not lying to the child. No matter where you read, transgender people have a higher suicide attempt than the general public.
https://tgmentalhealth.com/basic-issue ... ransgender-mental-health/

Posted on: 2016/12/30 22:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Stand with Joe - sign the petition - only 750 signatures to goal:

http://www.gardenstateequality.org/cubscouts

I think people with biological children should be the only ones permitted to sign.

Why?

Actually as long as they have children bio or adopted, so they have a true vested interest and an even playing field.

Posted on: 2016/12/30 21:57
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:

I think people with biological children should be the only ones permitted to sign.

Why?

Posted on: 2016/12/30 21:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:

Posted on: 2016/12/30 20:29
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
FAB, where have I talked about religion or God in reference to this issue, lol?

Posted on: 2016/12/30 13:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
You do know that the 'silent blue collar majority' in middle class Secaucus were the ones who objected to the girl in their Cub Scout den . . .

wow! so now you have an insight to the 'one's that objected' - seriously Monroe, you really need therapy. People object to toilet paper provided in public toilets too and whine about all sorts of crap based on myths and gossip. I surmise the objectors would be less than the number of fingers on one's hand, who are ignorant or influenced by knuckleheads like you and Yvonne.

It's amazing how nations with millions of people can see the fairness and values of coed scouting but for a few (most likely 1 whining ass) in Secaucus and 2 dumb-asses on JClist can't.

Keep up your consistent silly view-points (that seem always based on your 'tunnel vision' religion beliefs) ... it gives me a good laugh.

Posted on: 2016/12/30 4:01
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
You do know that the 'silent blue collar majority' in middle class Secaucus were the ones who objected to the girl in their Cub Scout den . . .

Posted on: 2016/12/30 3:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
'Mental'? You bigot, using a term like that. Go to your safe space and learn to harness your microagressions!

You are mental - with a mind-set that you and Yvonne have, unless you are receiving medication. I'd like to know how standing up for human rights is deemed bigotry!

An 8 year old girl doesn't have a 'human right' to join the Cub Scouts, which are for boys. I couldn't join Hadassah, either, because I'm neither a woman or Jewish. But if I identify as a woman and Jewish I guess you could make a case they'd have to accept me!

Both you and Yvonne have a 'caveman' mentality - Coed scouts have existed for over a decade in Canada and other western nations: Some might like to live in the past and sometimes I wish we still performed lobotomies, because I would like to nominate two from JClist to have the procedure done to.

http://wiki.scouts.ca/en/Scouting_Myths

http://www.scouts.ca/sites/default/fi ... ars-of-Co-Ed-Scouting.pdf

Posted on: 2016/12/30 3:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

If she identifies as a boy...

The thing is, the Boy Scouts, barring any federal money, should be able to allow or disallow anyone they choose. I'm fine with private clubs. They can continue to be their closed minded group. One day, they'll adjust or go extinct. It won't be soon but it'll happen. For now, they should be allowed to act as they do, as long as they don't take federal money...

Posted on: 2016/12/30 3:10
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
The left has a new rallying cry - transgender!

Bathrooms, now Boy Scouts. Adult showers and locker rooms next.

On to a "progressive" society when gender is but a choice and can change on a whim.

Pathetic.

Waasaaahhhh!!!! People that are different from me aren't staying quiet about their difference and just want to be themselves!

The only thing pathetic here is you.

Brouhaha about 0.01%.

The left is doing anything to stir the shit.

Pathetic.

Yeah, it so totally sucks to have empathy for other human beings. I mean, seriously Bro, you're so completely put out and your life is completely altered when some random kid, that you've never met, probably never will meet and don't understand wants to live their life the way they want. Good for you for standing up and calling that person'a desire to be happy pathetic. You, very single, lonely (for completely obvious and valid reasons) should continue to fight the good fight and keep pushing your judgment. Good move!

Speaking of pathetic people...
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
JerseyMom, I have taught that age group for many years, I have an understanding of students interactions, especially joy and pain. So my statements are not armchair comments. The greatest joy I have received from my former students are comments that made while much older, while in high school or college. They thanked me for treating them fairly and for some advice.
Since we now live in an age of suicide, I always remind my students that they are a part of God's creation and they are important to that creation. Do not allow anyone to tell them they are not important, because they are. If they were not important, then God would not create them and God does not make mistakes. Whenever I said this to my students, their faces relaxed. They felt at ease, perhaps plain joy. My advice to that girl is - God created you female and God rejoiced in His creation. I am lucky I worked for Catholic schools.

Lol! Just keeping this here for posterity.

One day, when you are no longer breathing (hoping upon hope that it is completely painless and through natural causes) you'll be added to the ground the same as the rest of the trash we throw out. At that point the entire planet will be a better place for having one less useless waste sucking perfectly good oxygen that people with more than a couple functioning brain cells could be using.

Age of suicide...moron. Any student you had that isn't now making minimum wage is doing so in spite of you. It is most definitely not because you were ever able to provide any form of education.

Posted on: 2016/12/30 3:06
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/12/30 2:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I read a comment on line that I thought was funny, the person said they are transaged and want to collect social security now. After all, we have transgender, transblack (white to black ethnic) so I guess transage is next. So all the people who are tired of waking up in the morning to take the packed PATH trains can now claim to be 65+ and claim your Social Security now.

Posted on: 2016/12/30 1:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2016/12/30 1:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2016/12/30 1:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/12/30 1:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Yeah, let's ignore the parents of the 99.9X% rest of the 8 year olds who may not like their kids having sleep overs/camping trips with children of another sex. Nothing to see here, keep moving along.

You are mental ... these kids will not be running around naked and having sex, if anything, it will teach kids tolerance, empathy, equality and even how to deal with domestic violence / prejudices.

We have mixed sporting teams for our kids and many co-ed School classes go on camp too, not to mention summer camps, so should we stop that too?

Posted on: 2016/12/30 1:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mscottc wrote:

Religious schools are our problem.
They teach intolerance to anything that doesn't comport with their limited world view.

10/10 ... religious teachings ignore human rights on many levels

Posted on: 2016/12/30 1:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, let's ignore the parents of the 99.9X% rest of the 8 year olds who may not like their kids having sleep overs/camping trips with children of another sex. Nothing to see here, keep moving along.

Posted on: 2016/12/30 1:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/16 16:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
JerseyMom, I have taught that age group for many years, I have an understanding of students interactions, especially joy and pain. So my statements are not armchair comments. The greatest joy I have received from my former students are comments that made while much older, while in high school or college. They thanked me for treating them fairly and for some advice.
Since we now live in an age of suicide, I always remind my students that they are a part of God's creation and they are important to that creation. Do not allow anyone to tell them they are not important, because they are. If they were not important, then God would not create them and God does not make mistakes. Whenever I said this to my students, their faces relaxed. They felt at ease, perhaps plain joy. My advice to that girl is - God created you female and God rejoiced in His creation. I am lucky I worked for Catholic schools.

Religious schools are our problem.
They teach intolerance to anything that doesn't comport with their limited world view.

Posted on: 2016/12/30 1:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/12/29 18:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
History will prove the current fad of transgenderism among young kids to really be a phenomenon spurred on by progressive parents who are just aching to show the world how tolerant they are.

In 30 years, treating little kids with hormones and celebrating mental illness will be appropriately viewed with horror, similar to how we view lobotomies today.

Posted on: 2016/12/29 18:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
It's easy to be an armchair quarterback with this issue. You can judge all you want and propose your theories or coat the issue in your religious intolerance. But until you walk in these shoes as a parent - you will never know what this child feels and what this mother must do to support this child. Until you talk directly to this child, you will never know how they think and believe - and fully comprehend the very daunting journey that lies ahead of them.

Know someone who is transgender? Ask them about their journey. When did they KNOW. When did they understand that they were in "the wrong body." Not to confuse the two - but to offer a parallel in thinking - know someone who is LGBTQ+? When did they KNOW? You will be surprised how young they really were. And they can surprisingly articulate this, too, at a very young age - if there is a supportive network around that has the courage to listen and offer support.

It's not a matter of "turning in" to someTHING that doesn't conform to conventional gender/sex standards. It's being born and recognizing that someONE is who you are - and who you are most happy being as a productive human being.

A Letter to my Transgender Teenage Son

Posted on: 2016/12/29 18:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
By Corey McDonald | The Jersey Journal
on December 29, 2016 at 11:19 AM, updated December 29, 2016 at 11:47 AM

SECAUCUS - The mother of the 8-year-old transgender boy who has been barred from his local Cub Scouts pack is not planning legal action against the national organization, she said in a CNN interview this morning.

Kristie Maldonado said won't be taking the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) to court to have her son, Joe, reinstated to Secaucus' Pack 87. Instead, she hopes telling Joe's story will raise public awareness and persuade the organization to change its policy.

BSA no longer bars gays from participating as scouts or scout leaders, but says Joe was removed because he was born a girl, the group said in a statement.

More

This mother has embarass this child, her friends and classmates will read this. You can not pick your gender like you cannot pick your family or ethnic background. I feel deeply sorry for this child because she will have a hard time leading an ordinary life now.

Posted on: 2016/12/29 17:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
By Corey McDonald | The Jersey Journal
on December 29, 2016 at 11:19 AM, updated December 29, 2016 at 11:47 AM

SECAUCUS - The mother of the 8-year-old transgender boy who has been barred from his local Cub Scouts pack is not planning legal action against the national organization, she said in a CNN interview this morning.

Kristie Maldonado said won't be taking the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) to court to have her son, Joe, reinstated to Secaucus' Pack 87. Instead, she hopes telling Joe's story will raise public awareness and persuade the organization to change its policy.

BSA no longer bars gays from participating as scouts or scout leaders, but says Joe was removed because he was born a girl, the group said in a statement.

More

Posted on: 2016/12/29 17:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
When this 8 year old child sees her friends go through puberty, she will get it. The boys will develop "adam's apple," their voices change, and some will have amazing growth spurts. None of this will happen to this girl. Lying will lead to depression and depression is a serious problem. So yes, she does need counseling.

Posted on: 2016/12/29 15:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
In about 5 years, this "boy" will have a menstrual cycle and develop breasts. "He" will be too young to have hormones or to have surgery so "he" will have the body of a young woman. I suggest serious counseling for this child.
Oddly, I agree with Yvonne on this (except the counseling thing, which implies being transgender is wrong). A child this young has not even gone through puberty yet, and children this young frequently imagine themselves to be dragons and helicopters and have imaginary friends. Think back to what you were doing when you were 8 years old, and if you would have had the mental capacity to truly understand what it means to say that you are transgender. Think about how many times you've had to scold your child because they won't even eat food, and if that's the kind of person you would trust to make this kind of important decision.

I have a feeling that this is another case of a child expressing some childlike feelings one way or another, and a parent has decided to use their child as a political prop in order to show off how progressive they are and actively encouraged the kid to live a certain lifestyle. Let's see how this kid is feeling after they go through puberty, or if they grow out of this in a year or two.

I am a very liberal guy and supportive of lgbt rights in general (hell, look through my arguments with Yvonne on gay marriage and the NC bathroom bill if you don't believe me), but this is clearly a case of a parent using their child as a tool so they can yell "hey look at me, I'm so caring and understanding!"

If you think this child should be accepted into the Boy Scouts, then why not push them to accept all girls? Which by the way, they do have a program called Venture Scouts which is available to everyone, which this child could easily join, except that the mother clearly wants to stir the pot.

This reminds me a lot of that child prodigy Republican who gave speeches all over the country. The kid just regurgitated speaking points his parents fed him, because he was a child, and is impressionable. When he grew up and got into high school he became very liberal. Children don't know what the hell they're doing. I can guarantee this is the mother just pushing her own agenda on the child.

Posted on: 2016/12/29 14:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/27 23:03
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
The left has a new rallying cry - transgender!

Bathrooms, now Boy Scouts. Adult showers and locker rooms next.

On to a "progressive" society when gender is but a choice and can change on a whim.

Pathetic.

Waasaaahhhh!!!! People that are different from me aren't staying quiet about their difference and just want to be themselves!

The only thing pathetic here is you.

Brouhaha about 0.01%.

The left is doing anything to stir the shit.

Pathetic.

Posted on: 2016/12/29 14:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
You did not read what I wrote, apparently. Where did I judge anyone, by any standard? Would you be in favor of sex reassignment surgery for an 8 year old, because they self identify as a member of a different sex, for example?

Posted on: 2016/12/29 13:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/16 16:34
Group:
Registered Users
Until you experience life in a similar situation, what right do you have to judge it? Do you know exactly what is going on in that child's mind, do you really know how the child feels about him/herself? Do you know his/her emotional urges and desires? How many lives would have been saved if society had been more acceptable of these transgender urges. We will never know how many transgender children were shamed into hiding their reality and therefore then took their own lives.

People forcing their god based morality on others are the ones playing god. Shame on you.

Posted on: 2016/12/29 13:26

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017