Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 96

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 9 »

Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
How is hiring Cubans and Muslims a violation of your religion, pebble? You are one of the people who says the words "hate and bigot" because someone does not believe what you believe. What happen to tolerance? Or is tolerance only given to someone who believes what you believe?

Posted on: 2017/1/4 18:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Only on JCList would someone say it is racist that American jobs should go to American citizens. That is the focus of my letter, I have seen many citizens, some personal friends get downsize and later their former companies hire H1B people. I have seen immigrants line up in Union City waiting to be hired by construction crews while Africian Americans asked to be hire by the same company. JC gives generous tax abatements with the idea local people are hired. The American citizen is being screwed. Yet they are the one who make sacrifices to this country especially during war times. I don't apologize for my statement.

If your American friends were better at their jobs, they wouldn't have lost them.

You're a bigot that's made anti-homosexual comments. Now, you're targeting immigrants. It sounds to me like whatever friends you have that lost jobs deservedly lost them. Tell your friends to improve their knowledge and then re-apply. Maybe they'll have a shot.

As someone that hires people (and am presently interviewing daily), if someone comes in and complains that they lost their job because the other person was an immigrant, they damn sure won't be paid by me.

You are putting Americans last, which makes you anti-America. Referring to my comments on gays, let me repeat, bakers, florists, etc. should not be forced to do something against their beliefs. Actually, I have rented to gays, but I will not call Jesus a liar when he said a man leaves his father and mother and clings to his wife and the two will be one flesh. The definition of marriage. I will not call Jesus a liar on the definition of marriage. But you have the free will to do that. You are a liberal who hate people who do not follow what you believe. You are not tolerate of other people's faith. Here is a woman who is following her faith, she will serve gays but will not violate her religion. You have no idea how strong faith is probably because you lack it yourself. http://www.adfmedia.org/News/PRDetail/8608

My last two hires were a male of Cuban descent and a Muslim woman.

I'm sorry you're such a bigot. I'm also sorry that you're so racist as to think that "American" just means white.

I'd say that you'll grow out of it but you've been spouting the same pathetic nonsense for far too long and you're too old to learn how wrong you are.

I'm happy with my new employees. Then again, I'm not a racist like you...

Nice strawman there...

Posted on: 2017/1/4 18:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/1 14:07
From Earth
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you for the corrections.

Posted on: 2017/1/4 17:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I was a child living in Hoboken when factories fixed up apartment buildings in Hoboken to bring in workers from Puerto Rico. Several years later, these factories closed and these workers were struggling to support themselves because they did not know English.

Posted on: 2016/12/30 15:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RichMauro wrote:
I can still recall the chaos that ensued when the first large scale immigration from Puerto Rico took place back in the early sixties.

The word you are looking for is "migration" not "immigration".
Also, your history knowledge is a little fuzzy... the first large scale migration of Puerto Ricans to the NYC (and JC) area took place in the 50s.

Posted on: 2016/12/30 14:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/1 14:07
From Earth
Group:
Registered Users
There has to be some consideration for residents who are already established when welcoming immigrants to a community.

I can still recall the chaos that ensued when the first large scale immigration from Puerto Rico took place back in the early sixties. Entire neighborhoods were impacted by a largely island culture trying to find its place amongst a population of European based earlier immigrants. The downtown suffered decades of decline from which it is just in the last decade or so lifting itself.

If you were there you know what went on.

BTW, the Catholic church was a large scale mover in the bringing of this huge immigration. In time, Saint Bridget's witnessed its own decline and destruction--along with many other churches in Jersey City.

Posted on: 2016/12/30 12:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

If Jesus was anti-gay, how come he couldn't help himself from hanging out with so many dudes?

One of the things Jesus told the people is to do what the pharisees say not what they do. Matthew 23:2 Jesus considered the pharisees hyprocrites. So what was the pharisees saying? They were mentioning the Mosaic laws. What is in the Mosaic laws? Just rules and regulations on living your life, including rules and regulations on sodomy.

Besides these dudes started his Church.

I'm just quoted to keep it recorded that you're a pathetic excuse for a human due to your repeated bigotry.

Just worry about your own soul. In reality, you are calling God a bigot. I just repeated Scripture from the Old Testament. The Old Testament is scripture between God and Moses. Jesus told the people to obey the Mosaic laws and not to behave as arrogant as the pharisees or in this case people who call others bigots.

Posted on: 2016/12/30 3:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

If Jesus was anti-gay, how come he couldn't help himself from hanging out with so many dudes?

One of the things Jesus told the people is to do what the pharisees say not what they do. Matthew 23:2 Jesus considered the pharisees hyprocrites. So what was the pharisees saying? They were mentioning the Mosaic laws. What is in the Mosaic laws? Just rules and regulations on living your life, including rules and regulations on sodomy.

I'm just quoted to keep it recorded that you're a pathetic excuse for a human due to your repeated bigotry.

Posted on: 2016/12/30 2:50
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Posted on: 2016/12/29 16:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Posted on: 2016/12/29 3:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Only on JCList would someone say it is racist that American jobs should go to American citizens. That is the focus of my letter, I have seen many citizens, some personal friends get downsize and later their former companies hire H1B people. I have seen immigrants line up in Union City waiting to be hired by construction crews while Africian Americans asked to be hire by the same company. JC gives generous tax abatements with the idea local people are hired. The American citizen is being screwed. Yet they are the one who make sacrifices to this country especially during war times. I don't apologize for my statement.

If your American friends were better at their jobs, they wouldn't have lost them.

You're a bigot that's made anti-homosexual comments. Now, you're targeting immigrants. It sounds to me like whatever friends you have that lost jobs deservedly lost them. Tell your friends to improve their knowledge and then re-apply. Maybe they'll have a shot.

As someone that hires people (and am presently interviewing daily), if someone comes in and complains that they lost their job because the other person was an immigrant, they damn sure won't be paid by me.

You are putting Americans last, which makes you anti-America. Referring to my comments on gays, let me repeat, bakers, florists, etc. should not be forced to do something against their beliefs. Actually, I have rented to gays, but I will not call Jesus a liar when he said a man leaves his father and mother and clings to his wife and the two will be one flesh. The definition of marriage. I will not call Jesus a liar on the definition of marriage. But you have the free will to do that. You are a liberal who hate people who do not follow what you believe. You are not tolerate of other people's faith. Here is a woman who is following her faith, she will serve gays but will not violate her religion. You have no idea how strong faith is probably because you lack it yourself. http://www.adfmedia.org/News/PRDetail/8608

My last two hires were a male of Cuban descent and a Muslim woman.

I'm sorry you're such a bigot. I'm also sorry that you're so racist as to think that "American" just means white.

I'd say that you'll grow out of it but you've been spouting the same pathetic nonsense for far too long and you're too old to learn how wrong you are.

I'm happy with my new employees. Then again, I'm not a racist like you...

Posted on: 2016/12/29 2:24
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:11
From HamiltonPARK
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ManateeIdol wrote:
OK let's return this thread back to it's original intent! I'm all for immigrants with 2 major caveats. #1 So as to better ingratiate yourself into the new society you now inhabit it would behoove you tremendously to make every an to assimilate to the land you now reside in by making at least a TOKEN effort to dress in a Western fashion because ostensibly you came here for a reason so for goodness sake could you please try to blend in as a simple friendly courtesy to your new country mates because HELLO we'd so rather not be constantly reminded of the 3rd world hell hole you ostensibly fled to IMPROVE your life here! NOT cool, which brings me to #2 Could you please try not to have a million kids once you get here so as to not further burden/stress our government social net/housing stock/infrastructure/local environment etc?? (And I couldn't care less what your religion dictates about the supposed virtues of breeding as this isn't freakin medieval times so if you'd like to expand your brood then please adopt as it's far more virtuous/ethical/conscientious to adopt when we live in an environmentally damaged, polluted, species being depleted at breakneck clip, overpopulated world teeming with over 7.2 billion people already!!!) That's it I'll get off my figurative soapbox now I'm out thanks for listening!!! (btw I do realize my closing rant applies to non immigrants also which I'm more then OK with)

Something like this?
Resized Image

Posted on: 2016/12/10 14:44

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/12/10 14:01
Group:
Registered Users
OK let's return this thread back to it's original intent! I'm all for immigrants with 2 major caveats. #1 So as to better ingratiate yourself into the new society you now inhabit it would behoove you tremendously to make every an to assimilate to the land you now reside in by making at least a TOKEN effort to dress in a Western fashion because ostensibly you came here for a reason so for goodness sake could you please try to blend in as a simple friendly courtesy to your new country mates because HELLO we'd so rather not be constantly reminded of the 3rd world hell hole you ostensibly fled to IMPROVE your life here! NOT cool, which brings me to #2 Could you please try not to have a million kids once you get here so as to not further burden/stress our government social net/housing stock/infrastructure/local environment etc?? (And I couldn't care less what your religion dictates about the supposed virtues of breeding as this isn't freakin medieval times so if you'd like to expand your brood then please adopt as it's far more virtuous/ethical/conscientious to adopt when we live in an environmentally damaged, polluted, species being depleted at breakneck clip, overpopulated world teeming with over 7.2 billion people already!!!) That's it I'll get off my figurative soapbox now I'm out thanks for listening!!! (btw I do realize my closing rant applies to non immigrants also which I'm more then OK with)

Posted on: 2016/12/10 13:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
If everyone loses their religion tomorrow, we wouldn't be arguing about really stupid shit like this.

Try it for a week. It may enlighten you.

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I am so glad I made your day, Who else could I be. Although I would shorten the name, it is too much to type.

Never before has my screen name been under attack than now.

It must have been difficult for the officials to place that name on your birth certificate.

Posted on: 2016/12/10 5:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I am so glad I made your day, Who else could I be. Although I would shorten the name, it is too much to type.

It must have been difficult for the officials to place that name on your birth certificate.

Posted on: 2016/12/9 22:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2016/12/9 20:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Never before has Christianity has been under attack than now...

What is the origin of the phrase, 'Thrown to the lions'?

Posted on: 2016/12/9 19:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/12/9 17:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

Frank_M wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Frank M, you are a typical liberal. When I give the facts, you make personal attacks.

I realize you made a simple mistake confusing me with rescuelife, so no harm done even though that?s quite a stretch. You should know that none of the abuse or name-calling you receive on this website comes from me.

As far as your opinion, it seems to be based exclusively on your feelings about a small number of cases where sexual orientation is a factor, instead of the overall principle. You?re making no concession to the reality that if you had your way, and people were indeed free to discriminate against others on the basis of religious belief, that you, me, and everybody else would very quickly find ourselves the victims of unreasonable discrimination from others whose deeply held beliefs are extremely different from our own.

Going out on a limb, I would suggest that most conservatively and liberally-minded Americans tend to have similar opinions about discrimination on the basis of religion.

Never before has Christianity has been under attack than now.

I laughed.

Posted on: 2016/12/9 17:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Frank_M wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Frank M, you are a typical liberal. When I give the facts, you make personal attacks.

I realize you made a simple mistake confusing me with rescuelife, so no harm done even though that?s quite a stretch. You should know that none of the abuse or name-calling you receive on this website comes from me.

As far as your opinion, it seems to be based exclusively on your feelings about a small number of cases where sexual orientation is a factor, instead of the overall principle. You?re making no concession to the reality that if you had your way, and people were indeed free to discriminate against others on the basis of religious belief, that you, me, and everybody else would very quickly find ourselves the victims of unreasonable discrimination from others whose deeply held beliefs are extremely different from our own.

Going out on a limb, I would suggest that most conservatively and liberally-minded Americans tend to have similar opinions about discrimination on the basis of religion.

Never before has Christianity has been under attack than now. It evens extends to the Christmas holidays where atheists put up billboards attacking the faith. There are no billboards attacking the Jewish or Muslim faiths when their hoildays appear. These aggressive attacks started with gay activists punishing people of faith who don't share their views. My personal philosphy is live and let live. I don't care how a person lives their lives as long as I can live mine without calling Jesus a liar.

Posted on: 2016/12/9 16:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2016/12/9 15:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/12/9 14:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/21 23:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Gay activist only go after Christians. That is the difference. There are gay activists who call up business after business to test these bakeries, florist, etc. They don't have the courage to go after Muslim businesses. Second, they ignore gay Judges who discriminate. People here say one thing but ignore what is really happening in the real world. The First Amendment protect me, regardless of what people say here. At your final judgment, you can call Jesus a liar on marriage, rescuelife or Frank M, I won't.

You are off the rails, get help.
And before you say I am attacking Jesus or am hiding behind a fake name or any of the other things you say over and over again, you are ignoring logical and rational responses people keep making and repeating things that are incorrect and/or make no sense.

Posted on: 2016/12/9 1:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Gay activist only go after Christians. That is the difference. There are gay activists who call up business after business to test these bakeries, florist, etc. They don't have the courage to go after Muslim businesses. Second, they ignore gay Judges who discriminate. People here say one thing but ignore what is really happening in the real world. The First Amendment protect me, regardless of what people say here. At your final judgment, you can call Jesus a liar on marriage, rescuelife or Frank M, I won't.

Posted on: 2016/12/8 23:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/28 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

rescuelife wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

Frank_M wrote:
You?re making this too complicated, Yvonne.

You stated very clearly that business owners should have the right to turn away certain customers on strictly religious grounds. That?s very simple to understand.

However, what you don?t seem to realize is that such a practice would apply to all business owners and every religious belief that could possibly exist. If that were the case, you, me, and everyone else would be subject to all sorts of discrimination that run counter to the values of American society.

You could also just ask an outspoken Christian conservative how he or she feels about Sharia Law. I've heard that some of them have opinions about it.

Your response Frank M is ?what if.? The ?what ifs? are happening but there are not getting any attention, I mentioned the Judge who discriminated against straight couples in performing marriages, now here is a video of another person providing a point I made earlier. He called numerous gay friendly bakeries and asked for a cake with the wording, ?Gay marriage is wrong.? And he could not get a bakery to do this. The response is - we only make cookies to using the f word. The only people being prosecuted are Christians not the Judge or the gay friendly bakeries. There is so much hyprocrisy here.
http://shoebat.com/2014/12/12/christi ... ice-watch-shocking-video/

Are you just choosing to ignore facts that are not convenient for your narrow world view or is it dementia (in which case I am sorry)? As previously pointed out, the Judge you reference did NOT discriminate against straight couples, but rather refused to do ANY marriages, straight or gay. And as someone else pointed out, judges have no civil obligation to perform marriages. Now you will pivot this inconvenient fact to something else...

Frank M, you are a typical liberal. WhenI give the facts, you make personal attacks. You ignore the gay bakeries and the Judge discriminating against Christians. Well he is another one, Muslim bakeries saying no to baking a same sex cake. Why don't gay activists take them to court? They don't have the guts. This person went to Dearborn, MI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgWIhYAtan4

Firstly, I am not Frank M and I am not a liberal. There are many people who considered themselves conservatives for decades that have left the republican party due to the religious right taking it over.

Having said that, I don't know what a gay bakery is. Is the bakery itself homosexual? Like if a cupcake shop only dates cupcake shops, and won't date a cake shop? How scandalous!

About the Judge, you still have not read the article, have you? She did not discriminate against anyone as she refused to do ANY WEDDINGS, straight or gay.

And yes, those bakeries refusing this gentleman (who is a republican YouTube personality) are just as bad as the Christian ones who do the same thing.

Posted on: 2016/12/8 23:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

rescuelife wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

Frank_M wrote:

You stated very clearly that business owners should have the right to turn away certain customers on strictly religious grounds. That?s very simple to understand.

However, what you don?t seem to realize is that such a practice would apply to all business owners and every religious belief that could possibly exist. If that were the case, you, me, and everyone else would be subject to all sorts of discrimination that run counter to the values of American society.

You could also just ask an outspoken Christian conservative how he or she feels about Sharia Law. I've heard that some of them have opinions about it.

Your response Frank M is ?what if.? The ?what ifs? are happening but there are not getting any attention, I mentioned the Judge who discriminated against straight couples in performing marriages, now here is a video of another person providing a point I made earlier. He called numerous gay friendly bakeries and asked for a cake with the wording, ?Gay marriage is wrong.? And he could not get a bakery to do this. The response is - we only make cookies to using the f word. The only people being prosecuted are Christians not the Judge or the gay friendly bakeries. There is so much hyprocrisy here.

Are you just choosing to ignore facts that are not convenient for your narrow world view or is it dementia (in which case I am sorry)? As previously pointed out, the Judge you reference did NOT discriminate against straight couples, but rather refused to do ANY marriages, straight or gay. And as someone else pointed out, judges have no civil obligation to perform marriages. Now you will pivot this inconvenient fact to something else...

Frank M, you are a typical liberal. WhenI give the facts, you make personal attacks. You ignore the gay bakeries and the Judge discriminating against Christians. Well he is another one, Muslim bakeries saying no to baking a same sex cake. Why don't gay activists take them to court? They don't have the guts. This person went to Dearborn, MI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgWIhYAtan4

Posted on: 2016/12/8 23:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Again, too complicated, Yvonne.

If you had your way, and every person of every religion was free to discriminate on the basis of religion, you would absolutely find yourself on the judgmental end of beliefs you don?t share, and it wouldn?t just be about cakes. And you would be FURIOUS.

Thankfully, as in other developed counties, we make a very special point of avoiding such behavior.

Posted on: 2016/12/8 21:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/28 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

Frank_M wrote:

Posted on: 2016/12/8 21:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Frank_M wrote:

Posted on: 2016/12/8 20:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/12/8 17:49

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 9 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017