Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
117 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 117

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Pedestrian hit on corner of Manila and 9th
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

dcourts1984 wrote:
Amazes me how people drive through this neighborhood which is mostly all stop signs or traffic lights.

I just got done walking the dog and heard some lady cursing and yelling to herself (window open) in her car about a woman who walked into crosswalk to cross Erie and 8th. "Saying yea you walk out there all dressed and black and see if I see you next time". Bad, angry, miserable people.

She's got a point though, people crossing aggressively or cluelessly at night wearing all black are all but invisible. It's more of problem in the middle of blocks but even at a crosswalk with a stop make sure the cars see you.

Posted on: 2016/12/14 2:47

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/5 3:11
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
I'm extremely frustrated with the way people drive around downtown.

I literally almost got into a head on collision on Erie right in front of Talde. A woman who was coming up 1st made an illegal right onto Erie. She had the nerve to flash her high beams at me several times and when I finally got her to realize she's going the wrong way on a one way street, she lowered her window, laughed and said "sorry I'm not from here".

I gave her an ear full cause I don't care where you're from. Signs are signs.

Posted on: 2016/12/14 1:16

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/1 1:16
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Amazes me how people drive through this neighborhood which is mostly all stop signs or traffic lights.

I just got done walking the dog and heard some lady cursing and yelling to herself (window open) in her car about a woman who walked into crosswalk to cross Erie and 8th. "Saying yea you walk out there all dressed and black and see if I see you next time". Bad, angry, miserable people.

Posted on: 2016/12/14 0:42

Pedestrian hit on corner of Manila and 9th
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Just happened about 15 min ago, my wife, who was looking out the window saw this small black sedan turning right onto Manila hit a lady attempting to cross towards the mall.

She went on top of the hood then fell on the sidewalk. Driver stopped and we called 911. First responders arrived in about 4 min, 2 cop cars, 2 ambulances and a fire truck.

I hope it's not serious, she's now inside the ambulance, able to sit and converse but holding her left hip.

This corner is crazy - someone is going to be seriously hurt here, what with all of those crazy drivers with road rage.

Posted on: 2016/12/13 22:35

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017