Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
143 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 143

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: NO VOTER ID REQUIRED IN NJ! KNOW YOUR RIGHTS - Report Problems
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

terryshipman wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
You are wrong, I have visited family members in the ER at the Medical Center and was asked for ID. I have buried family members and was asked for ID. I have returned items to Home Depot and similar stores and were asked for ID. ID is especially asked when you rent an apartment. I do not know what world you live in but this state & country require ID. You cannot enroll a child in school without his/her birth certificate which is the beginning of ID requirement.

I have had a similar experiences, and agree that it is getting ridiculous. My nephew bought us movie tickets to the new Harry Potter movie on the internet and said he will need to show ID to pick up the movie tickets before going into the movie theater. Seems crazy, but this is the America we live in today.

I personally don't care for the new actor playing Harry Potter, but I am still excited for the new movie.

Terry S.

You can't compare showing an ID for tix bought on the internet and showing ID for voting. Such "common sense" analogies make no fucking sense. There's no problem with voter fraud in the country because fines are stiff, easy to get caught, and little to be gained.

Posted on: 2016/11/14 16:54

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/19 17:57
From paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
You are wrong, I have visited family members in the ER at the Medical Center and was asked for ID. I have buried family members and was asked for ID. I have returned items to Home Depot and similar stores and were asked for ID. ID is especially asked when you rent an apartment. I do not know what world you live in but this state & country require ID. You cannot enroll a child in school without his/her birth certificate which is the beginning of ID requirement.

I have had a similar experiences, and agree that it is getting ridiculous. My nephew bought us movie tickets to the new Harry Potter movie on the internet and said he will need to show ID to pick up the movie tickets before going into the movie theater. Seems crazy, but this is the America we live in today.

I personally don't care for the new actor playing Harry Potter, but I am still excited for the new movie.

Terry S.

Posted on: 2016/11/14 4:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/11/12 15:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Disenfranchise, really? So that means people without ID do not have apartments, ID is required. They never went to the Medical Center, ID is required. They never visited a family member in intestive care, ID is required. They never visited a doctor, ID is required. They never buried a loved one, ID is required. They never returned an item to a store, ID is required. Please tell these disenfranchise people not to get married, ID is required. But most of all, do not play the lottery, ID is required for winnings.

It's obvious you don't live on the same planet as me, because this is completely false.

ID is not required to go to the ER, and most people without ID are going to the ER because they also don't have insurance (I've worked there before, I know). ID isn't required to bury a loved one. Seriously? You think someone needs ID to die? That body isn't going to just hang around til someone finds ID. You don't need ID to play the lotto. I have never once been asked for ID when turning in a ticket. ID required to return an item? What?? Home Depot asks for ID but still gives you a return if you don't have it. ID isn't even required to rent an apartment, if you find the right landlord.

The way you think life should be is not necessarily how life is, and the simple fact is that there are a lot of people out there without ID. Hell, in order to get a state ID in NY or NJ you already need two other forms of ID. It's insane.

The problem with people that push for ID voting is that they assume everyone else has the same cushy life that they do, without realizing that a lot of people don't have the time and money required to get an ID. If voter ID laws come paired with laws that make it easy, free, and fast to get an ID then fantastic. But usually it's the opposite and you have to jump through a bunch of hoops instead. Would you support a companion law that makes it easy, free, and fast to get a state ID, without needing another form of ID? If not, then it's obvious what your motives are.

Voter ID is a solution in search of a problem. Get over it.

Posted on: 2016/11/12 15:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
If you want to attend the freeholders meeting you must show ID to the guard but if you want to vote for a freeholder, no ID is required. It is time to change the law.

Yes Comrade we must change law even if it does disenfranchise tens of thousands of economically disadvantaged voters! Look at rampant voter fraud on the 8th as proof! A miracle that Trump got elected. Well, not a miracle... odd couple wiki leaks and FBI Comey didn't hurt.

Sorry Comrade... the national voter fraud program run by our DNC comrades did not take into account that our leader HRC would loose in blue state counties that went 70% Obama during the last election. We were prepared to deliver Philadelphia, Chicago, Cleveland and Detroit but we did not have the money, influence peddling and ballot fraud in place to plug all the leaks in our blue wall.

Our polls kept telling us we were winning "big time". Why would the members of the DNC politburo think that this was all orchestrated to depress and suppress the vote of the fascist/racist/misogynist/sexist/radicalrightwing/altright/ Trump fanatics?.

Posted on: 2016/11/11 21:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Disenfranchise, really? So that means people without ID do not have apartments, ID is required. They never went to the Medical Center, ID is required. They never visited a family member in intestive care, ID is required. They never visited a doctor, ID is required. They never buried a loved one, ID is required. They never returned an item to a store, ID is required. Please tell these disenfranchise people not to get married, ID is required. But most of all, do not play the lottery, ID is required for winnings.

Posted on: 2016/11/11 19:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
If you want to attend the freeholders meeting you must show ID to the guard but if you want to vote for a freeholder, no ID is required. It is time to change the law.

Yes Comrade we must change law even if it does disenfranchise tens of thousands of economically disadvantaged voters! Look at rampant voter fraud on the 8th as proof! A miracle that Trump got elected. Well, not a miracle... odd couple wiki leaks and FBI Comey didn't hurt.

Posted on: 2016/11/11 16:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/11/11 15:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
12/12 0:04
Group:
Registered Users
I hope this law is changed. It makes no sense and invites fraud.

Posted on: 2016/11/11 15:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Know Your Rights - The Clash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lfInFVPkQs

Happy election day to all!

Posted on: 2016/11/8 19:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
I don't understand-JC is solidly Democratic, why would any poll workers try to suppress votes? They can't even ask for id's from the ghosts voting from the cemeteries, Hague style!

I'm only making a PSA on the law. Not stating whether or not I agree with it or inviting debate.

Suppression/intimidation can be perceived even if its not intended. Think about it. A voter without an ID - perhaps someone with a language barrier, a legal immigrant coming from fear of authority, an opinion against the majority (in this case, Republican maybe) or a myriad of other reasons - is asked for ID, maybe innocently by the uninformed poll worker not meaning to intimidate them. They may walk away discouraged/in fear, etc. if they are asked for ID

Posted on: 2016/11/8 19:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Why is asking for an ID perceived to be such a personal infringement?

Posted on: 2016/11/8 19:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
I don't understand-JC is solidly Democratic, why would any poll workers try to suppress votes? They can't even ask for id's from the ghosts voting from the cemeteries, Hague style!

Posted on: 2016/11/8 19:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I am sure the majority of the poll workers asking for ID are just uninformed and well-meaning. However, it still can come off as a deterrent to people who might not have ID, might be nervous or scared. Intentionally or not, asking for ID can still send the message of suppression.

Posted on: 2016/11/8 18:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
I'm always asked at GVV church for my ID so that they can see how I spell it. Every time I refuse on principal, even though I actually don't think they're being nefarious. I simply spell it for them letter by letter (and I have a very simple name.)

Posted on: 2016/11/8 18:26

NO VOTER ID REQUIRED IN NJ! KNOW YOUR RIGHTS - Report Problems
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Registered are not required to provide ID when voting in NJ. Many JC poll workers are uninformed/wrong on this matter and are asking for ID. Please politely turn them down and report this problem to the Hudson County Clerk's Office by calling 201-369-3470.

If you've already voted and your polling place asked for ID, please call the Clerk's office to report their mistakes. They need specific polling place reports in order to properly address problems.

This is not invitation to debate whether or not ID should be required in NJ. This is a PSA on the law.

Posted on: 2016/11/8 15:23

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017