Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
129 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 129

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Painter for fire escape?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Madison wrote:
Did they tell you they need to be repainted or that they need to be repaired or re-certified? There's a big difference.

Just scraped & painted. This is from the NJDCA, not JC buildings. Also, since I've never dealt with certification on any of my properties, I'm guessing it's for larger buildings than mine.

Posted on: 2016/10/25 17:32

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/26 16:29
From VVP
Group:
Registered Users
Did they tell you they need to be repainted or that they need to be repaired or re-certified? There's a big difference.

Our building had the same issue and we had to bring our fire escapes fully up to code. This involved not only repainting them but also repairing any deteriorated metal and re-welding/bolting any
broken connections. It also required us obtaining a signed and sealed letter from a structural engineer stating that the fire escapes are safe and structurally sound (the certification letter is good for five years). We ultimately went with a steel company that specialized in fire escape repair. They were able to do all the work, including the engineering, in house. Much more pricey than a simple repainting but unfortunately the previous owner was negligent in the maintenance and let the certification lapse as a result we were required to do a much more significant repair job.

Posted on: 2016/10/25 17:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
My landlord paid a day laborer (possibly a neighborhood kid) to paint our fire escape. I swear, you could have gotten a gorilla to do a better job. Paint dripping down the entire side of the building, all over potted plants, all over window screens, all over the ground, super sloppy. Pay someone who takes pride in their work, they'll be more careful with your property and most likely with their own safety.

Posted on: 2016/10/25 15:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Can't the painter stand on the fire escape while painting it?

Robin.

Posted on: 2016/10/25 13:40

Painter for fire escape?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
My fire escape got dinged by NJDCA and needs to be scraped and painted. Not a job for the acrophobic or uninsured. Anyone have a recommendation? It's not a job the typical interior painter will take on and while it's not rocket science, your typical day labor doesn't have their own insurance, gravity sucks.

Posted on: 2016/10/25 1:18

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017