Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
103 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 103

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: 9th and Coles Tavern closing. Last day party is Friday 9/30
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/10 14:50
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

kahner wrote:
A friend told me the place had re-opened under the new owners as of a week ago when he walked by. Can anyone else verify?

not true at all, while transitioning to the new owners, the previous has been opening ONLY on Wednesday nights for their trivia crowd. This Wednesday is the final chapter of trivia, when it next opens, it will be under the new ownership.

Posted on: 2016/11/28 18:52
utterly deplorable

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/12/27 16:23
Group:
Registered Users
A friend told me the place had re-opened under the new owners as of a week ago when he walked by. Can anyone else verify?

Posted on: 2016/11/28 17:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Sutherland wrote:
I went there once under the current ownership. I found one of the owners rather surly and unaccommodating. I never returned. But it seemed they had a loyal customer base. All the best to the new owners.

That's kind of remarkable. My interactions with them have been incredibly positive. Also, if you like eggs their eggs actually come from their own farm.

Posted on: 2016/9/28 21:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/4 21:55
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
There was always some cause behind 9C, this is one of the reasons 9C has retained the community support. Whether it was the best business decision traffic wise, you can always argue about it. What matter is that Tony and Greg made their marks in the hearts of many in the Hamilton Park community and beyond, in the same way Maggie did with the Hamilton Pale House in her time. These friendships will endure. They will be missed for sure..., here. Their sanctuary is always open for a visit as part of a stay at their Wattle Inn in Broome near Middleburgh, and I look forward to get there for skying at Windham in the winter.

Posted on: 2016/9/28 2:05

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/28 4:29
Group:
Registered Users
Here's a little more background on why the current owners are selling, from the 9C Facebook page. Even if you don't agree with their cause, I think you've got to admire their dedication to it. I always enjoyed my visits the last few years. Best of luck to Greg and Tony in their endeavors, and to the new owners of the tavern.

"As many of you are aware Greg and I are actively looking to sell 9th and Coles Tavern so that we can focus on Broome Animal Sanctuary, our at risk animal sanctuary in Broome, NY and to further our mission of raising awareness of farm factory cruelty. In December we committed to completely removing meat from our menu and to use only produce grown on our farm. We were very excited about the feedback we received; however as time went on our concept of thinking outside the box and with a heart did not seem to catch on. As part of our commitment we stated that if we were not able to successfully reach our goal by September we would sell 9C.
As September approaches we are honoring our commitment because we believe in this cause and want to do whatever we can to help at risk farm animals. While we are in the process of selling it will be business as usual at 9th and Coles Tavern. We will remain open for business until we have a buyer. Stay tuned for updates and trust us there will be a party to celebrate Family & Friends of 9C Tavern to say thank you for sticking it out with us over the years.

Posted on: 2016/9/28 1:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/18 14:36
Group:
Registered Users
I went there once under the current ownership. I found one of the owners rather surly and unaccommodating. I never returned. But it seemed they had a loyal customer base. All the best to the new owners.

Posted on: 2016/9/27 21:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/12 17:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Always sad to see a local watering hole close, but always found 9C to be a little bit of a strange spot:

- Only one or two small TVs in there, so not really a place to watch a game
- Food was decent bar fare and inexpensive, but nothing amazing. Hamilton Inn food is way better and White Star is also superior
- Drink selection was limited for a beer drinker, Sam Adams and Shock Top was as adventurous as the draft selection got. Anything hoppy like a Dogfish had to come out of a bottle. In their defense, they did pour Guinness in a proper imperial pint, though quality of their pint was inconsistent - some days good some days bad
- The outdoor seating was nice, but there was often one or more people smoking out there, which immediately stops me from wanting to order food. Also, often a loud trashy crowd sitting out there, so we would pass right on by
- Service was always really uneven. Often just one person behind the bar and one person waiting tables, but you'd still be waiting two-three minutes for service even on a quiet day
- Kind of cramped so you couldn't really go there with more than a party of four. The small space also meant you never knew whether you would be having a quiet drink on a weekend afternoon, or whether the place would be packed.

I frequented 9C quite regularly for about six months after moving to HP but I gradually stopped by less and less. Now I can't remember the last time I stopped in there.

Best of luck to the owners. Hope someone else can be tempted to make a go of it. It could be a really cute neighborhood spot in the right hands.

Posted on: 2016/9/27 19:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/10 14:50
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
they will be re-opening a few weeks later under new ownership so stop by Friday and help finish up the inventory.

Posted on: 2016/9/27 19:45
utterly deplorable

9th and Coles Tavern closing. Last day party is Friday 9/30
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/23 15:23
From The Village
Group:
Registered Users
Found on their facebook. https://www.facebook.com/9CTavern/