Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

Re: 9/26/2016: Presidential Debate (Hofstra)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

iGreg wrote:

Quote:

Trump seems to agree on the needs of infrastructure improvements as he called the US a third world country...

And in many ways he is correct, imagine if our military budget for protecting sovereign nations was used within our own borders.

Trump can!

Sorry but Trump cannot.

Trump actually wants to lift the spending caps and increase the military budget...
http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/art ... ng-as-clinton-gap-narrows

Wouldn't u think charging countries for using our military would allow us to increase the budget?
no...many countries would not pay. are you kidding me?

Are you kidding me? These countries signed treaties and contracts where they agreed to pay. They have violated their agreements and failed to do so.

What makes you think it will be difficult to get them to honor their promises?

Posted on: 2016/9/27 23:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

iGreg wrote:

Quote:

Trump seems to agree on the needs of infrastructure improvements as he called the US a third world country...

And in many ways he is correct, imagine if our military budget for protecting sovereign nations was used within our own borders.

Trump can!

Sorry but Trump cannot.

Trump actually wants to lift the spending caps and increase the military budget...

Wouldn't u think charging countries for using our military would allow us to increase the budget?
no...many countries would not pay. are you kidding me?

Posted on: 2016/9/27 22:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

iGreg wrote:

Quote:

Trump can!

Sorry but Trump cannot.

Posted on: 2016/9/27 22:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/18 4:28
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Trump has raised more than $13 million since the debate.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/ ... ion-in-past-24-hours.html

Impressive number but he has raised this amount in the last 24 hours, not since the debate...
Is taking liberty with facts and exaggerations contagious among Trump supporters?

Posted on: 2016/9/27 22:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
TIME magazine poll on the debate has over 800,000 votes, and Trump winning 59-41 percent.

The post debate polls were rigged according to NYOST

http://nypost.com/2016/09/27/online-p ... n-the-debate-were-rigged/

...online results from about 70 debate polls were particularly egregious because Trump supporters ?artificially manipulated? the results ?to create the false narrative? that he won.

Trump supporters using Reddit and 4chan message boards bombarded the online polls and spread the effort to Twitter to catapult the hashtag ?#Trumpwon? to the No. 1 trending topic.

Established pollster, Neil Newhouse, says online surveys encourage a ?stuffing the ballot box? mentality...

Posted on: 2016/9/27 22:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Trump has raised more than $13 million since the debate.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/ ... ion-in-past-24-hours.html

Posted on: 2016/9/27 21:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

iGreg wrote:

Quote:

Trump can!

Sorry but Trump cannot.

Posted on: 2016/9/27 21:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

iGreg wrote:

Quote:

Trump can!

Posted on: 2016/9/27 19:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

Posted on: 2016/9/27 19:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

sullyx wrote:
Quote:

07310 wrote:
I'm surprised the Orange Anus hasn't said the debate was rigged.

Lester Holt did his best to throw it to Hillary by not pushing her on the email scandal, not even mentioning the issues around the foundation or Benghazi among other issues.

Very true. He was very biased but was smart about it and expressed it subtly, through giving Hillary endless softball questions, staying away from her many many problems, and giving Trump a barrage of negative questions.

Still, I would have liked to have seen Trump attack her more. Let her get away with too much. He did ok but I'd like to see a stronger performance the next time around.

Or maybe next time he could explain how he will bring back all the jobs back from Mexico and China as it is one of his main campaign promise but does not seem to have a plan for it... or was not able to articulate it yesterday despite been asked... or maybe it is another secret plan...

His plan if you paid attention is to rewrite our trade agreements. To start taxing companies who build products or employ staff overseas that wish to sell back to the US. We are still the biggest global consumer we can call the shots. His biggest mistake was not pressing on why the emails were deleted. Lester let it slide but sure pushed Trump on the birther movement.

I paid attention and that was his answer to not have more leave the country, not to bring them back as that would apply to companies that decide to delocalize production and consequently close plants/offices in the US.
He made the distinction himself. He did not offer a plan to bring back the manufacturing jobs that are not located in the US anymore. I invite you to re-watch that part of the debate.

And I won't go into discussing the efficacy of such a policy as it would most probably negatively impact the competitiveness of American companies but this is another topic...

Did you pay attention to Hillary's answer when asked what she would do to create jobs?

Absolutely nothing. Her only response was to claim the government will create more jobs by subsidizing renewable energy such as solar. Which, as Trump pointed out, is a horrible idea because Obama already tried it and the result was the government was on the hook for more than $500 million with nothing to show for it.

At least trying to stem job loss and rewrite trade agreements to bring jobs back (which I agree he didn't get into for some reason but always says at his rallies), along with lowering the corporate tax rate for job creation is some kind of plan, as opposed to a proven failure.

This is not what she said. She said investing in badly needed infrastructure improvement as well as new energy would create jobs, instead of focusing on trying to save coal industry related jobs and she is right.

Posted on: 2016/9/27 19:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

sullyx wrote:
Quote:

07310 wrote:

Lester Holt did his best to throw it to Hillary by not pushing her on the email scandal, not even mentioning the issues around the foundation or Benghazi among other issues.

Very true. He was very biased but was smart about it and expressed it subtly, through giving Hillary endless softball questions, staying away from her many many problems, and giving Trump a barrage of negative questions.

Still, I would have liked to have seen Trump attack her more. Let her get away with too much. He did ok but I'd like to see a stronger performance the next time around.

Or maybe next time he could explain how he will bring back all the jobs back from Mexico and China as it is one of his main campaign promise but does not seem to have a plan for it... or was not able to articulate it yesterday despite been asked... or maybe it is another secret plan...

His plan if you paid attention is to rewrite our trade agreements. To start taxing companies who build products or employ staff overseas that wish to sell back to the US. We are still the biggest global consumer we can call the shots. His biggest mistake was not pressing on why the emails were deleted. Lester let it slide but sure pushed Trump on the birther movement.

I paid attention and that was his answer to not have more leave the country, not to bring them back as that would apply to companies that decide to delocalize production and consequently close plants/offices in the US.
He made the distinction himself. He did not offer a plan to bring back the manufacturing jobs that are not located in the US anymore. I invite you to re-watch that part of the debate.

And I won't go into discussing the efficacy of such a policy as it would most probably negatively impact the competitiveness of American companies but this is another topic...

The point is if they sell here then it benefits them to pay his tax.

He also very clearly stated that he believed lowering corporate tax would create jobs here in the US.

Posted on: 2016/9/27 19:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

sullyx wrote:
Quote:

07310 wrote:

Did you pay attention to Hillary's answer when asked what she would do to create jobs?

Absolutely nothing. Her only response was to claim the government will create more jobs by subsidizing renewable energy such as solar. Which, as Trump pointed out, is a horrible idea because Obama already tried it and the result was the government was on the hook for more than $500 million with nothing to show for it.

At least trying to stem job loss and rewrite trade agreements to bring jobs back (which I agree he didn't get into for some reason but always says at his rallies), along with lowering the corporate tax rate for job creation is some kind of plan, as opposed to a proven failure.

Posted on: 2016/9/27 19:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

sullyx wrote:
Quote:

07310 wrote:

Posted on: 2016/9/27 18:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

sullyx wrote:
Quote:

07310 wrote:

Posted on: 2016/9/27 18:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

07310 wrote:

It was totally rigged. Trump was intentionally given a bad microphone.

http://nypost.com/2016/09/27/was-that ... ms-he-got-bad-debate-mic/
crooked hillary rigging donald's mike

any mic that Trump is speaking into is a bad mic.

Posted on: 2016/9/27 18:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

sullyx wrote:
Quote:

07310 wrote:

Posted on: 2016/9/27 18:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

07310 wrote:

crooked hillary rigging donald's mike

Posted on: 2016/9/27 17:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sullyx wrote:
Quote:

07310 wrote:

Posted on: 2016/9/27 17:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/10 14:50
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

07310 wrote:

Posted on: 2016/9/27 17:08
utterly deplorable

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

07310 wrote:

Posted on: 2016/9/27 16:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/9/27 16:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
without reading this thread (because seriously, fck this thread) http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/even ... won-the-debate-1787121521

Resized Image

Posted on: 2016/9/27 15:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Y'all know Clinton put the D in Democrat

Drop Dems Panties

Posted on: 2016/9/27 15:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
It was long said during the Republican debates that if it went to just a one-on-one debate, Trump wouldn't have won. When given enough time, he rambled incoherently on topics that don't really connect in, what I can only assume, was an attempt at getting a couple talking points in.

I did find it odd that the guy who spent the night sniffing and slowly slouching closer and closer to the mic ended the debate by saying his competitor didn't have the stamina.

Did anyone notice how shaky Trump's hands were each time he took a sip of water? I've seen no mention of it. If Clinton's hands shook like that the right wing media would be all over it. Trump was panicking. Maybe once the debate started he wished he took his adviser's advice and did some prep work?

Or maybe he had pneumonia. We all learned there are many new symptoms associated with that illness now.

Posted on: 2016/9/27 15:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
It was long said during the Republican debates that if it went to just a one-on-one debate, Trump wouldn't have won. When given enough time, he rambled incoherently on topics that don't really connect in, what I can only assume, was an attempt at getting a couple talking points in.

I did find it odd that the guy who spent the night sniffing and slowly slouching closer and closer to the mic ended the debate by saying his competitor didn't have the stamina.

Did anyone notice how shaky Trump's hands were each time he took a sip of water? I've seen no mention of it. If Clinton's hands shook like that the right wing media would be all over it. Trump was panicking. Maybe once the debate started he wished he took his adviser's advice and did some prep work?

Posted on: 2016/9/27 15:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/10 14:50
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Does Trump even want this? He was pretty uninspired last night.

I think he was trying to show he could act presidential and maintain an even keel; which may or may not have played out all night. He also didn't have his raucous crowds to bring the energy since the 3rd debator, lester holt asked people not to applaud after each answer, just my 2 cents

Posted on: 2016/9/27 15:06
utterly deplorable

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Does Trump even want this? He was pretty uninspired last night.

Posted on: 2016/9/27 14:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
TIME magazine poll on the debate has over 800,000 votes, and Trump winning 59-41 percent.

Posted on: 2016/9/27 12:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Drudge...? Seriously? That's the site you visit when you want your IQ to go down.

OK here's two more....

CNN/ORC poll?.

(CNN)Hillary Clinton was deemed the winner of Monday night's debate by 62% of voters who tuned in to watch, while just 27% said they thought Donald Trump had the better night, according to a CNN/ORC Poll* of voters who watched the debate.

* The CNN/ORC post-debate poll includes interviews with 521 registered voters who watched the September 26 debate. 26% of the respondents who participated in tonight's survey identified themselves as Republicans, 41% identified themselves as Democrats, and 33% identified themselves as Independents.

TIME poll?.

Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump faced off at their first presidential debate Monday. Who do you think won?

Hillary Clinton 47 %
Donald Trump 53 %

1,401,808 Votes

One more update....

nj.com ?. unscientific, informal poll results as of 8:00 am

Who won the presidential debate?

Businessman Donald Trump 57.09% (120,813 votes)
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton 38.31% (81,076 votes)
Neither. 3.03% (6,421 votes)
I don't know. 1.56% (3,294 votes)

Total Votes: 211,604

Posted on: 2016/9/27 12:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Nj.com poll as of 10:50pm :

Who won the presidential debate?

Businessman Donald Trump 53.59% (14,011 votes)

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton 40.45% (10,577 votes)

Neither. 3.84% (1,003 votes)

I don't know. 2.12% (556 votes)

Total Votes: 26,147

**DRUDGE POLL** WHO WON THE FIRST PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE?

DONALD TRUMP 90.37% (17,424 votes)

HILLARY CLINTON 9.63% (1,857 votes)

Total Votes: 19,281

Drudge...? Seriously? That's the site you visit when you want your IQ to go down.

Posted on: 2016/9/27 11:19
Dos A Cero

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017