Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
68 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 68

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Row House Rear Bay window siding vs shingle vs alternative cost
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/2/23 1:38
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
I apologize, I'm not sure what other information to provide. Bay window projection is 12' high by 12' wide. There are 3 windows in that bay window projection, 2x6' each (not sure if or how much that affects pricing). The bid we received was for vinyl siding. It is a projection from the 2nd floor. It currently is covered in asphalt shingles/siding (hopefully that's the correct terminology?). We are looking to have it re-sided, as a few of the shingles have deteriorated. I was concerned that the bid seemed high for vinyl siding, and am also interested in hearing about other siding alternatives.

Posted on: 2016/8/16 2:17

Re: Row House Rear Bay window siding vs shingle vs alternative cost
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/5 1:44
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Nobody will answer you because your question is entirely unclear and you haven't provided enough information. I will say that yes, it sounds like you are getting hosed. However, prices vary based on who you've hired to do the job, labor and material choices. One end of the cost spectrum you have vinyl siding and on the other exotic hardwoods and other types of cladding. I've panned and cladded entire box bays for customers for under 2k with 16 gauge copper. Vinyl siding for a typical NJ house runs 5-6k. Clarify the scope and I can tell you more about how I would price it if it were my job.

Posted on: 2016/8/15 22:29

Row House Rear Bay window siding vs shingle vs alternative cost
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/2/23 1:38
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Hi all,

We have a bay window in the rear of our row house that we want to reside. Does anyone have any idea what that should cost? The bid we received to have siding on just that section installed including new trim around the 3 windows was $3600. That bay window section is 11 or 12 high by 12 wide.

The price seemed high to me (the above quote would be an addition to a roof replacement job, done at the same time (which seems reasonable - $12k for 2 levels of flat roof totaling 700 sq feet and also includes replacing siding on the 16ft wide section of siding of back wall between 2nd and 3rd floor, replacing a window and trimming it outside and adding trim to the second window outside which the flippers that we bought from neglected to do).

Anyone do siding on a bay window? Are there any more attractive options that aren't outrageously priced that we should consider? Like most people, not a fan of vinyl siding, but since it's in the rear, no one will know or see it....

TIA!

Posted on: 2016/8/15 15:52

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017