Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
56 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 56

more...




Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users




« 1 ... 23 24 25 (26) 27 28 29 ... 31 »


Re: Democratic Convention
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/11/10 20:38
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2897
Offline
Clinton News Network's obvious bias in action:

http://m.imgur.com/a/f6erl

Posted on: 2016/8/2 18:22
 Top 


Re: Democratic Convention
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/11/10 20:38
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2897
Offline
While the transparently biased liberal media prattles on, Trump released a great statement today:

STATEMENT IN RESPONSE TO PRESIDENT OBAMA'S FAILED LEADERSHIP

"Obama-Clinton have single-handedly destabilized the Middle East, handed Iraq, Libya and Syria to ISIS, and allowed our personnel to be slaughtered at Benghazi. Then they put Iran on the path to nuclear weapons. Then they allowed dozens of veterans to die waiting for medical care that never came.

Hillary Clinton put the whole country at risk with her illegal email server, deleted evidence of her crime, and lied repeatedly about her conduct which endangered us all. They released criminal aliens into our country who killed one innocent American after another -- like Sarah Root and Kate Steinle -- and have repeatedly admitted migrants later implicated in terrorism. They have produced the worst recovery since the Great Depression. They have shipped millions of our best jobs overseas to appease their global special interests. They have betrayed our security and our workers, and Hillary Clinton has proven herself unfit to serve in any government office.

She is reckless with her emails, reckless with regime change, and reckless with American lives. Our nation has been humiliated abroad and compromised by radical Islam brought onto our shores. We need change now."

-Donald J. Trump

https://m.facebook.com/DonaldTrump/posts/10157423383850725

Posted on: 2016/8/2 18:19
 Top 


Re: Democratic Convention
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/1/11 18:21
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4960
Offline
Rep. Richard Hanna (N.Y.) on Tuesday became the first Republican in Congress to say he will vote for Hillary Clinton for president.

Hanna, who is retiring at the end of this Congress, harshly criticized GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump in explaining his decision to vote for the Democratic nominee.

?I think Trump is a national embarrassment,? Hanna told The Syracuse Post Standard. "Is he really the guy you want to have the nuclear codes?

?While I disagree with her on many issues, I will vote for Ms. Clinton."
Hanna on Tuesday also published an op-ed for The Syracuse Post Standard explaining his decision to shun Trump.

In it, Hanna criticizes Trump?s recent attacks on Ghazala and Khizr Khan, parents of a Muslim U.S. soldier who died serving in Iraq, who delivered a speech at the Democratic National Convention that was highly critical of Trump.

?In his latest foray of insults, Mr. Trump has parents of a slain U.S. soldier. Where do we draw the line?? Hanna asked.

?I thought it would have been when he alleged that U.S. Sen. John McCain was not a war hero because he was caught,? added Hanna, a three-term Republican.

?Or the countless other insults he?s proudly lobbed from behind the Republican presidential podium. For me, it?s not simply enough to denounce his comments: He is unfit to serve our party and cannot lead this country.?

More

Posted on: 2016/8/2 17:06
 Top 


Re: Democratic Convention
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/9/18 3:58
Last Login :
9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 830
Offline
I honestly believe that Trump is unhinged. Such arrogance to run in the first place with all of his baggage - slimy business practices (stiffing contractors), fraudulent businesses (Trump U), history of perpetrating nuisance lawsuits, his ties with with Russia, not paying his fair share of taxes, draft deferments, etc etc . Not only is Trump eroding the GOP as a brand, he's causing massive damage to the Trump brand. And it's costing him real money.

http://fortune.com/2016/08/01/donald- ... otels-sales/?iid=sr-link1
How Trump's Divisive Campaign Is Hurting His Hotel
Business


Trump hotel bookings have plummeted nearly 60% for the first half of 2016, according to new data released today by the online travel site Hipmunk. The site measured the percentage of Trump bookings within its markets. For the first quarter, it found reservations tumbled 59.36% compared with the previous quarter, and for the second quarter, the group suffered a 57.46% decline, according to Hipmunk.

And this is from January 2016:

http://www.politico.com/magazine/stor ... 016-brand-business-213515

If Donald Trump is nothing else, he?s an American brand. The Trump name adorns luxury condominiums, hotels and golf courses around the world; it has sold a TV show, millions of books, a line of cologne and even, briefly, an airline.

And that brand, according to new data published here in Politico Magazine for the first time, is taking a major hit in the wake of his presidential campaign.


Now Trump is saying the election is rigged. He needs this election to be finished so he can lose "gracefully" and begin the herculean task of repairing damage caused to his brand and his family.

Posted on: 2016/8/2 14:48
 Top 


Re: Democratic Convention
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/7/17 3:05
Last Login :
10/29 18:03
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 875
Offline
It will all unravel once she has to start speaking. Her numbers will plummet. Trump just needs to keep his mouth shut. Doesn't it bother any of you how slanted the dnc was towards Clinton? How rigged the whole process is starting with the super delegates?

What do Hillary supported believe happened with her server? She says no classified emails were sent on that server. She also claims she had no idea a separate server was being used. If she had no idea it was a different server then as Secretary of state why were no classified emails sent or received by her?


user1111 wrote:
Hillary Clinton received a surge of support after the Democratic National Convention, according to a new national poll that showed her opening a lead against Donald J. Trump with fewer than 100 days to go before the presidential election.

The CBS News survey released on Monday shows 46 percent of registered voters backing Mrs. Clinton and 39 percent supporting Mr. Trump, the Republican nominee. That represents a four-percentage-point bounce for Mrs. Clinton, who was deadlocked with Mr. Trump after the Republican convention, which gave Mr. Trump a two-point increase.

When Gary Johnson, the Libertarian Party?s nominee, is added to the mix he receives 10 percent of the vote and Mrs. Clinton holds a five-point lead.

The CBS poll found that the Democratic convention improved Mrs. Clinton?s favorability rating and her standing with female voters, a group that was already strongly in her corner. She continues to trail Mr. Trump with men and white voters who do not have college degrees.

Mrs. Clinton?s post-convention bounce was in line with the upticks that President Obama received in 2008 and 2012. It was smaller than the 13-point increase that her husband, former President Bill Clinton, saw in 1992 or the 10-point bounce that Al Gore got in 2000.

Post-convention bounces have been decreasing in recent years as the electorate has become more polarized.

Despite some protests from backers of Senator Bernie Sanders, the Democratic convention was widely praised for being well-choreographed, with splashy musical performances and high-profile speeches from Mr. Obama, Michelle Obama, Mr. Clinton and Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr.

Mrs. Clinton made headway in uniting the party, according to the CBS poll, with improved support from liberals and those who were hoping that Mr. Sanders would be the Democratic Party?s nominee.

Earlier in July, two-thirds of Mr. Sanders?s supporters said they would vote for Mrs. Clinton. After the convention, however, 73 percent said that they supported her.

The poll had a margin of error of plus or minus three percentage points.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/02/us/ ... nton-convention-poll.html[/quote]

Posted on: 2016/8/2 13:41

Edited by 135jc on 2016/8/2 13:58:36
 Top 


Re: Democratic Convention
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/11/14 2:38
Last Login :
11/20 6:15
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3637
Offline
i'll vote for the devil

Posted on: 2016/8/2 12:12
 Top 


Re: Democratic Convention
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/1/11 18:21
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4960
Offline
Hillary Clinton received a surge of support after the Democratic National Convention, according to a new national poll that showed her opening a lead against Donald J. Trump with fewer than 100 days to go before the presidential election.

The CBS News survey released on Monday shows 46 percent of registered voters backing Mrs. Clinton and 39 percent supporting Mr. Trump, the Republican nominee. That represents a four-percentage-point bounce for Mrs. Clinton, who was deadlocked with Mr. Trump after the Republican convention, which gave Mr. Trump a two-point increase.

When Gary Johnson, the Libertarian Party?s nominee, is added to the mix he receives 10 percent of the vote and Mrs. Clinton holds a five-point lead.

The CBS poll found that the Democratic convention improved Mrs. Clinton?s favorability rating and her standing with female voters, a group that was already strongly in her corner. She continues to trail Mr. Trump with men and white voters who do not have college degrees.

Mrs. Clinton?s post-convention bounce was in line with the upticks that President Obama received in 2008 and 2012. It was smaller than the 13-point increase that her husband, former President Bill Clinton, saw in 1992 or the 10-point bounce that Al Gore got in 2000.

Post-convention bounces have been decreasing in recent years as the electorate has become more polarized.

Despite some protests from backers of Senator Bernie Sanders, the Democratic convention was widely praised for being well-choreographed, with splashy musical performances and high-profile speeches from Mr. Obama, Michelle Obama, Mr. Clinton and Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr.

Mrs. Clinton made headway in uniting the party, according to the CBS poll, with improved support from liberals and those who were hoping that Mr. Sanders would be the Democratic Party?s nominee.

Earlier in July, two-thirds of Mr. Sanders?s supporters said they would vote for Mrs. Clinton. After the convention, however, 73 percent said that they supported her.

The poll had a margin of error of plus or minus three percentage points.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/02/us/ ... nton-convention-poll.html

Posted on: 2016/8/1 20:49
 Top 


Re: Democratic Convention
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/9/18 3:58
Last Login :
9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 830
Offline
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Today for the first time Trump leads Clinton in 538's "Polls-only forecast" :

Hillary Clinton
49.9%
Donald Trump
50.1%
(July 30, 2016)

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

Trump supporters - savor the moment.


I'm not gloating. Current numbers -

Chance of winning

FiveThirtyEight
Hillary Clinton
54.2%
Donald Trump
45.8%
(August 1, 2016)

Posted on: 2016/8/1 20:48
 Top 


Re: Democratic Convention
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/8/19 16:35
Last Login :
2019/1/12 22:36
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 221
Offline
I believe SOS' point was that the very person Trump criticized on Friday was the same "Civilian of the Year" fire marshall who helped get him out of an elevator on Saturday.

With regards to the 10 new voters, do you really think that presidential candidates are put into elevators with anyone other than campaign staff? That would be an extreme security risk.

Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
He must have won over 10 new voters during the 30 minutes... not any criticism of his behavior by them in the Denver Post? Wouldn't you want to talk with them?

BTW SOS... If you read the story closely, Trump blasted the FM on Friday about a safety/capacity issue at a rally. He had no issue with the performance of the firefighters on Saturday that helped with the elevator. Two unrelated events. Sometimes FM jobs can be political appts. like the JC Director of Public Safety.

Quote:

AlexC wrote:
what an asshole. imagine how much more arrogant he'll be if the ignorant voters put him in the White House

Quote:

SOS wrote:
Baby Donald Stuck in Elevator: Throws Temper Tantrum - Blames it on Democrats

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/07/30/ ... p-criticism-fire-marshal/

Donald Trump rescued from stuck elevator by Colorado Springs firefighters. Then he called out the fire marshal.
Donald Trump was stuck in an elevator with 10 other people for 30 minutes, the fire department said

The fire marshal that Donald Trump criticized for capping attendance at his Colorado Springs event on Friday responded later to a local television station.

Fire marshal Brett Lacey told 11 News the problem was that organizers handed out too many tickets.

?There?s an old adage that when a fire marshal walks into a room, milk curdles. So because we?re always looking out for public safety and trying to make certain venues go off successfully and safely sometimes there are people that aren?t very happy with some of the rules and regulations we?re required to enforce. But it doesn?t bother me at all,? he told the TV station.

Criticizing the fire marshal on Friday, Trump said he didn?t know what he was doing and was ?probably a Democrat.?

Lacey, was recently honored by the city as ?Civilian of the Year? for his role in helping the wounded at a 2015 mass shooting at a local Planned Parenthood.

Also on Saturday, the Colorado Springs Fire Department confirmed that the reason Trump?s event started late was because he got stuck in a hotel elevator and had to be rescued by Colorado Springs firefighters.

The fire department said in a statement that Trump was trapped inside an elevator at The Mining Exchange Hotel with about 10 other people for 30 minutes.

Firefighters opened the top elevator hatch and lowered a ladder to get everyone out of the elevator.


Posted on: 2016/8/1 13:19
 Top 


Re: Democratic Convention
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/5/12 22:51
Last Login :
2021/12/2 18:21
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1591
Offline
He must have won over 10 new voters during the 30 minutes... not any criticism of his behavior by them in the Denver Post? Wouldn't you want to talk with them?

BTW SOS... If you read the story closely, Trump blasted the FM on Friday about a safety/capacity issue at a rally. He had no issue with the performance of the firefighters on Saturday that helped with the elevator. Two unrelated events. Sometimes FM jobs can be political appts. like the JC Director of Public Safety.

Quote:

AlexC wrote:
what an asshole. imagine how much more arrogant he'll be if the ignorant voters put him in the White House

Quote:

SOS wrote:
Baby Donald Stuck in Elevator: Throws Temper Tantrum - Blames it on Democrats

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/07/30/ ... p-criticism-fire-marshal/

Donald Trump rescued from stuck elevator by Colorado Springs firefighters. Then he called out the fire marshal.
Donald Trump was stuck in an elevator with 10 other people for 30 minutes, the fire department said

The fire marshal that Donald Trump criticized for capping attendance at his Colorado Springs event on Friday responded later to a local television station.

Fire marshal Brett Lacey told 11 News the problem was that organizers handed out too many tickets.

?There?s an old adage that when a fire marshal walks into a room, milk curdles. So because we?re always looking out for public safety and trying to make certain venues go off successfully and safely sometimes there are people that aren?t very happy with some of the rules and regulations we?re required to enforce. But it doesn?t bother me at all,? he told the TV station.

Criticizing the fire marshal on Friday, Trump said he didn?t know what he was doing and was ?probably a Democrat.?

Lacey, was recently honored by the city as ?Civilian of the Year? for his role in helping the wounded at a 2015 mass shooting at a local Planned Parenthood.

Also on Saturday, the Colorado Springs Fire Department confirmed that the reason Trump?s event started late was because he got stuck in a hotel elevator and had to be rescued by Colorado Springs firefighters.

The fire department said in a statement that Trump was trapped inside an elevator at The Mining Exchange Hotel with about 10 other people for 30 minutes.

Firefighters opened the top elevator hatch and lowered a ladder to get everyone out of the elevator.


Posted on: 2016/8/1 11:09
 Top 


Re: Democratic Convention
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2006/9/14 18:57
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1008
Offline
what an asshole. imagine how much more arrogant he'll be if the ignorant voters put him in the White House

Quote:

SOS wrote:
Baby Donald Stuck in Elevator: Throws Temper Tantrum - Blames it on Democrats

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/07/30/ ... p-criticism-fire-marshal/

Donald Trump rescued from stuck elevator by Colorado Springs firefighters. Then he called out the fire marshal.
Donald Trump was stuck in an elevator with 10 other people for 30 minutes, the fire department said

The fire marshal that Donald Trump criticized for capping attendance at his Colorado Springs event on Friday responded later to a local television station.

Fire marshal Brett Lacey told 11 News the problem was that organizers handed out too many tickets.

?There?s an old adage that when a fire marshal walks into a room, milk curdles. So because we?re always looking out for public safety and trying to make certain venues go off successfully and safely sometimes there are people that aren?t very happy with some of the rules and regulations we?re required to enforce. But it doesn?t bother me at all,? he told the TV station.

Criticizing the fire marshal on Friday, Trump said he didn?t know what he was doing and was ?probably a Democrat.?

Lacey, was recently honored by the city as ?Civilian of the Year? for his role in helping the wounded at a 2015 mass shooting at a local Planned Parenthood.

Also on Saturday, the Colorado Springs Fire Department confirmed that the reason Trump?s event started late was because he got stuck in a hotel elevator and had to be rescued by Colorado Springs firefighters.

The fire department said in a statement that Trump was trapped inside an elevator at The Mining Exchange Hotel with about 10 other people for 30 minutes.

Firefighters opened the top elevator hatch and lowered a ladder to get everyone out of the elevator.


Posted on: 2016/8/1 2:07
 Top 


Re: Democratic Convention
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/9/18 3:58
Last Login :
9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 830
Offline
Baby Donald Stuck in Elevator: Throws Temper Tantrum - Blames it on Democrats

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/07/30/ ... p-criticism-fire-marshal/

Donald Trump rescued from stuck elevator by Colorado Springs firefighters. Then he called out the fire marshal.
Donald Trump was stuck in an elevator with 10 other people for 30 minutes, the fire department said

The fire marshal that Donald Trump criticized for capping attendance at his Colorado Springs event on Friday responded later to a local television station.

Fire marshal Brett Lacey told 11 News the problem was that organizers handed out too many tickets.

?There?s an old adage that when a fire marshal walks into a room, milk curdles. So because we?re always looking out for public safety and trying to make certain venues go off successfully and safely sometimes there are people that aren?t very happy with some of the rules and regulations we?re required to enforce. But it doesn?t bother me at all,? he told the TV station.

Criticizing the fire marshal on Friday, Trump said he didn?t know what he was doing and was ?probably a Democrat.?

Lacey, was recently honored by the city as ?Civilian of the Year? for his role in helping the wounded at a 2015 mass shooting at a local Planned Parenthood.

Also on Saturday, the Colorado Springs Fire Department confirmed that the reason Trump?s event started late was because he got stuck in a hotel elevator and had to be rescued by Colorado Springs firefighters.

The fire department said in a statement that Trump was trapped inside an elevator at The Mining Exchange Hotel with about 10 other people for 30 minutes.

Firefighters opened the top elevator hatch and lowered a ladder to get everyone out of the elevator.


Posted on: 2016/8/1 1:42
 Top 


Re: Democratic Convention
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/5/12 22:51
Last Login :
2021/12/2 18:21
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1591
Offline
After months of hearing HRC talk about what she didn't know, didn't read, didn't see, she opens up with Wallace saying.... Well Chris, here is what we know, blah blah blah... priceless.

Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Hillary on Fox

Posted on: 2016/7/31 18:45
 Top 


Re: Democratic Convention
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/1/11 18:21
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4960
Offline
Hillary on Fox

Posted on: 2016/7/31 18:33
 Top 


Re: Democratic Convention
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/11/30 12:46
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1762
Offline
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Today for the first time Trump leads Clinton in 538's "Polls-only forecast" :

Hillary Clinton
49.9%
Donald Trump
50.1%
(July 30, 2016)

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

Trump supporters - savor the moment.


I hope y'all enjoyed it. As of today:

Chance of winning

Hillary Clinton
51.0%
Donald Trump
49.0%


Are you really gloating about a coin flip right now? Hillary has lost tremendous ground in the past few weeks. 8 weeks ago, people would have laughed at this prediction.

I'm not voting for Trump but you have buried your head in the sand..


Interesting my post was interpreted as gloating. That wasn't my intention. Kind of fascinating for those of us that follow 538 that the line was crossed for the first time yesterday. I doubt it will be the last time that Donald is ahead. It's a horrific thought just how close this election is.


Quote:
Trump supporters - savor the moment

Posted on: 2016/7/31 17:47
 Top 


Re: Democratic Convention
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/9/18 3:58
Last Login :
9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 830
Offline
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Today for the first time Trump leads Clinton in 538's "Polls-only forecast" :

Hillary Clinton
49.9%
Donald Trump
50.1%
(July 30, 2016)

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

Trump supporters - savor the moment.


I hope y'all enjoyed it. As of today:

Chance of winning

Hillary Clinton
51.0%
Donald Trump
49.0%


Are you really gloating about a coin flip right now? Hillary has lost tremendous ground in the past few weeks. 8 weeks ago, people would have laughed at this prediction.

I'm not voting for Trump but you have buried your head in the sand..


Interesting my post was interpreted as gloating. That wasn't my intention. Kind of fascinating for those of us that follow 538 that the line was crossed for the first time yesterday. I doubt it will be the last time that Donald is ahead. It's a horrific thought just how close this election is.

Posted on: 2016/7/31 17:32
 Top 


Re: Democratic Convention
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/11/10 20:38
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2897
Offline
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Today for the first time Trump leads Clinton in 538's "Polls-only forecast" :

Hillary Clinton
49.9%
Donald Trump
50.1%
(July 30, 2016)

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

Trump supporters - savor the moment.


I hope y'all enjoyed it. As of today:

Chance of winning

Hillary Clinton
51.0%
Donald Trump
49.0%


Not for nothing, but crowing about a 2% spread between Clinton and Trump seems downright silly, particularly given the overall trend shows a tightening race that should have been a runaway victory for HRC. I am neither for Trump nor Hillary, just pointing out facts.

And, as I stated few months ago while engaging in a similar discussion with Atsushi, this election (as many others) will come down to a few states, and those are the races to watch. And, right now, in the swing states that count, the race is very close, with the big ones breaking for Trump at the moment: FL and OH are trending for Trump, and PA is less than a 1% spread.

At this point, I truly believe it is a toss up and I think the pundits are blowing hot air and ignoring so much of the "man on the street" sentiments.


To add to your point Reuters recently changed their poll formula because Trump is in the lead. They then went back and retroactively changed their prior polls!

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-preside ... -to-show-clinton-winning/

Posted on: 2016/7/31 17:08
 Top 


Re: Democratic Convention
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/5/12 22:51
Last Login :
2021/12/2 18:21
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1591
Offline
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Today for the first time Trump leads Clinton in 538's "Polls-only forecast" :

Hillary Clinton
49.9%
Donald Trump
50.1%
(July 30, 2016)

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

Trump supporters - savor the moment.


I hope y'all enjoyed it. As of today:

Chance of winning

Hillary Clinton
51.0%
Donald Trump
49.0%


Are you really gloating about a coin flip right now? Hillary has lost tremendous ground in the past few weeks. 8 weeks ago, people would have laughed at this prediction.

I'm not voting for Trump but you have buried your head in the sand..


Its July 31st... Clinton could be concerned. Most people are focused on vacations and the 20-18% uncommitted will close after September. With 75% people saying the country is headed in the wrong direction (whatever that means?) you have to figure it doesn't play well for establishment candidates.

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2016/0 ... he-post-world-war-ii-era/

I did smile on the opening line about the recession ending 7 years ago??? I do not think it ever ended and can't imagine what is to come when they say the next one is right around the corner.

Posted on: 2016/7/31 17:05
 Top 


Re: Democratic Convention
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/11/30 12:46
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1762
Offline
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Today for the first time Trump leads Clinton in 538's "Polls-only forecast" :

Hillary Clinton
49.9%
Donald Trump
50.1%
(July 30, 2016)

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

Trump supporters - savor the moment.


I hope y'all enjoyed it. As of today:

Chance of winning

Hillary Clinton
51.0%
Donald Trump
49.0%


Are you really gloating about a coin flip right now? Hillary has lost tremendous ground in the past few weeks. 8 weeks ago, people would have laughed at this prediction.

I'm not voting for Trump but you have buried your head in the sand..

Posted on: 2016/7/31 16:49
 Top 


Re: Democratic Convention
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/8/19 16:35
Last Login :
2019/1/12 22:36
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 221
Offline
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Today for the first time Trump leads Clinton in 538's "Polls-only forecast" :

Hillary Clinton
49.9%
Donald Trump
50.1%
(July 30, 2016)

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

Trump supporters - savor the moment.


Wait, what about the big convention bump?


The 3 national polls post-convention:

7/29-7/30
2016 General Election
Clinton 43% Trump 40%
Morning Consult

7/29-7/30
2016 General Election
Clinton 46% Trump 41%
PPP

7/29
2016 General Election
Clinton 46% Trump 31%
RABA Research

Edit to add that I'm neither Trump nor Hillary.

Posted on: 2016/7/31 16:17
 Top 


Re: Democratic Convention
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/8/12 18:31
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3757
Offline
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Today for the first time Trump leads Clinton in 538's "Polls-only forecast" :

Hillary Clinton
49.9%
Donald Trump
50.1%
(July 30, 2016)

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

Trump supporters - savor the moment.


I hope y'all enjoyed it. As of today:

Chance of winning

Hillary Clinton
51.0%
Donald Trump
49.0%


Not for nothing, but crowing about a 2% spread between Clinton and Trump seems downright silly, particularly given the overall trend shows a tightening race that should have been a runaway victory for HRC. I am neither for Trump nor Hillary, just pointing out facts.

And, as I stated few months ago while engaging in a similar discussion with Atsushi, this election (as many others) will come down to a few states, and those are the races to watch. And, right now, in the swing states that count, the race is very close, with the big ones breaking for Trump at the moment: FL and OH are trending for Trump, and PA is less than a 1% spread.

At this point, I truly believe it is a toss up and I think the pundits are blowing hot air and ignoring so much of the "man on the street" sentiments.

Posted on: 2016/7/31 16:15
 Top 


Re: Democratic Convention
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/9/18 3:58
Last Login :
9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 830
Offline
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Today for the first time Trump leads Clinton in 538's "Polls-only forecast" :

Hillary Clinton
49.9%
Donald Trump
50.1%
(July 30, 2016)

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

Trump supporters - savor the moment.


I hope y'all enjoyed it. As of today:

Chance of winning

Hillary Clinton
51.0%
Donald Trump
49.0%

Posted on: 2016/7/31 15:35
 Top 


Re: Democratic Convention
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/5/12 22:51
Last Login :
2021/12/2 18:21
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1591
Offline
Oh yes... Steve Croft interviews

Clinton: ?No. Why would I? There is nothing to base that on, as far as I know.?

Typical Clintonian response... you should have been here in the 90"s when Bill was spinning his aw shucks home spun BS



Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Just utter revisionist BS.... your cut and paste job of a response even says that people on her campaign were sending out emails (my comments> and contacting sympathetic journalists floating the Muslim rumors) They are doing the same thing now desperate to connect Trump to the unsecured DNC Servers. And Bill Clinton also played the race card when she lost South Carolina to Obama.

Somehow all this stuff happens and she is never aware, or heard or knew what her own people were doing? You probably believe Christie did not know about bridgegate too?

Quote:

SOS wrote:
Fact Checker
Donald Trump?s ridiculous claim that Hillary Clinton started the birther movement


?You know who started the birther movement? You know who started it? Do you know who questioned his birth certificate, one of the first? Hillary Clinton. She?s the one that started it. She brought it up years before it was brought up by me.?

? Donald Trump, interview with CNN?s Wolf Blitzer, May 4, 2016

Zombie claims are stubborn things. No matter how many times you debunk them, they keep rising from the dead ? even eight years later.

Trump was one of the most high-profile birthers during President Obama?s 2012 reelection campaign. Starting early last year, Trump and other Republicans blamed Clinton for starting the birther movement. Our friends at FactCheck.org thoroughly disproved this and found no link between Clinton and the birther rumors. When Trump repeated it months later, PolitiFact and our colleague David Weigel again debunked it.

Not one to be deterred by facts, Trump said it yet again May 4, 2016, the day he officially became the presumptive Republican nominee for president. So we decided it?s our turn to get to the bottom of leading theories underlying this claim. Of course, the Trump campaign as usual did not respond to our request for information.

The Facts

The allegation that Clinton was the first, or even one of the first, to question Obama?s birth certificate is simply false. But Trump would be on safer ground if he blamed her supporters for stoking the birther rumors, which do have some Democratic roots.

Let?s examine some of the main ongoing theories underlying the claim that Clinton was the ?original birther.?

Strategy memo, March 2007

This memo is supposed to be a smoking gun. Mark Penn, then a Clinton campaign aide, laid out a strategy of positive and negative messages to defeat Obama. One of his suggestions was to target his ?lack of American roots.? Excerpt, from the memo obtained by the Atlantic:

All of these articles about his boyhood in Indonesia and his life in Hawaii are geared towards showing his background is diverse, multicultural and putting that in a new light.

Save it for 2050.

It also exposes a very strong weakness for him ? his roots to basic American values and culture are at best limited. I cannot imagine America electing a president during a time of war who is not at his center fundamentally American in his thinking and in his values. He told the people of NH yesterday he has a Kansas accent because his mother was from there. His mother lived in many states as far as we can tell ? but this is an example of the nonsense he uses to cover this up.

?Let?s explicitly own ?American? in our programs, the speeches and the values. He doesn?t,? Penn suggested. But he added: ?We are never going to say anything about his background.?

Clinton ?wisely chose not to go this route,? the Atlantic reported. Staffers who criticized Obama?s ?otherness? (such as sending an email asking whether Obama was secretly Muslim) were admonished, Weigel wrote.

Note that the memo doesn?t mention Obama?s citizenship or question whether he was born in America. We asked Clinton campaign spokesman Josh Schwerin whether mentioning Obama?s citizenship was part of the strategy discussed in regard to this memo.

?The Clinton campaign never suggested that President Obama was not born here and never planned to,? Schwerin said.

Emails from Clinton supporters in 2008

In spring 2008, some of Clinton?s supporters began circulating anonymous emails questioning Obama?s citizenship. FactCheck.org and Politico cited these emails as the first time his citizenship was called into question, by a small group of ?diehard? Clinton supporters during the Democratic primary as her path toward the nomination began to fade.

?What it goes back to is ? not the Clinton campaign or her staff, but her supporters, as she was losing in the, sort of, really bitter spring of 2008,? Ben Smith, co-author of a Politico article digging into the birther movement?s roots, said in a 2011 MSNBC interview. ?Some of her passionate supporters were kind of grasping at straws for reasons he [Obama] could be ineligible for president.?

Chain emails surfaced claiming Obama was ineligible to become president because he was born in Kenya, as his mom was too young to travel by plane back to America to give birth. Others claimed Obama was refusing to release his full birth certificate because it probably contains information that he had dual Kenyan and U.S. citizenship at birth.

Of course, it was just a rumor. FactCheck.org and the Hawaii Department of Health confirmed that Obama was born in Honolulu.

We found no evidence that Clinton or her campaign coordinated any of these email chains questioning Obama?s citizenship. Authors of the Politico story could not find any links to Clinton or her campaign, and neither could FactCheck.org or PolitiFact.

Clinton?s interview on CBS?s ?60 Minutes,? March 2008

Some point to a ?60 Minutes? interview to show that Clinton coyly suggested otherwise. But this interview has been taken out of context.

The main smear in the 2008 campaign was the rumor that Obama is a Muslim, and the birther question ?bubbled around the fringes of 2008,? Smith said in the MSNBC interview.

Amid the Obama-is-Muslim rumors, a Clinton campaign staffer circulated a photo of Obama wearing a turban. Her campaign denounced the photo but did not identify which staffer was responsible ? saying any of the 700-plus people working on the campaign could have sent it.

Steve Kroft asked Clinton about the photo and such rumors on ?60 Minutes?:

Kroft: ?You don?t believe that Senator Obama is a Muslim??

Clinton: ?Of course not. I mean, that?s? You know, there is no basis for that. I take him on the basis of what he says. And, you know, there isn?t any reason to doubt that.?

Kroft: ?You said you?d take Senator Obama at his word that he?s not a Muslim.?

Clinton: ?Right.?

Kroft: ?You don?t believe that he?s ??

Clinton: ?No. Why would I? There is nothing to base that on, as far as I know.?

Kroft: ?It?s just scurrilous ??

Clinton: ?Look, I have been the target of so many ridiculous rumors that I have a great deal of sympathy for anybody who gets, you know, smeared with the kind of rumors that go on all the time.?

While Obama?s citizenship was not mentioned here, this clip has been used to assert that Clinton tacitly endorsed birther theories by adding: ?as far as I know.? These five words would be used against her for the next seven years.

We asked Schwerin whether Clinton was suggesting that the birther rumors were true, even while calling them ?ridiculous,? and he said: ?No. As you pointed out, she said it was a ridiculous rumor.?

MORE

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fa ... ted-the-birther-movement/



Cut and paste job? I posted the quintessential repudiation by The Washington Post of the BS that has been posted on Briebart and other fake news organizations - Hillary Clinton starting the birther movement.

Donald J. Trump was behind the birther movement lock stock and barrel. That is a fact. You may not believe it, that is your opinion, but you are not entitled to facts.

The more we know about the real Trump the more bizarre is the "evidence" provided by his defenders. He's clearly unstable and unfit to be president. And this information is slowly trickling down to his low information supporters, and that support is slowly eroding.

Posted on: 2016/7/31 14:53
 Top 


Re: Democratic Convention
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/5/12 22:51
Last Login :
2021/12/2 18:21
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1591
Offline

Priceless hearing anti-American leftists calling Trump a traitor... So I assume you put Ted Kennedy in that category too.

Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
Memo to Mr Khan: the moment you become a democrat tool, you're fair game.


Memo to Donald. Once you align with Putin you become a tool of Russia which makes you a traitor.

Posted on: 2016/7/31 14:37
 Top 


Re: Democratic Convention
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/9/18 3:58
Last Login :
9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 830
Offline
Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
Memo to Mr Khan: the moment you become a democrat tool, you're fair game.


Memo to Donald. Once you align with Putin you become a tool of Russia which makes you a traitor.

Posted on: 2016/7/31 14:26
 Top 


Re: Democratic Convention
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/11/28 22:22
Last Login :
2018/7/19 12:07
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 607
Offline
Memo to Mr Khan: the moment you become a democrat tool, you're fair game.

Posted on: 2016/7/31 14:03
 Top 


Re: Democratic Convention
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/9/18 3:58
Last Login :
9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 830
Offline
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Just utter revisionist BS.... your cut and paste job of a response even says that people on her campaign were sending out emails (my comments> and contacting sympathetic journalists floating the Muslim rumors) They are doing the same thing now desperate to connect Trump to the unsecured DNC Servers. And Bill Clinton also played the race card when she lost South Carolina to Obama.

Somehow all this stuff happens and she is never aware, or heard or knew what her own people were doing? You probably believe Christie did not know about bridgegate too?

Quote:

SOS wrote:
Fact Checker
Donald Trump?s ridiculous claim that Hillary Clinton started the birther movement


?You know who started the birther movement? You know who started it? Do you know who questioned his birth certificate, one of the first? Hillary Clinton. She?s the one that started it. She brought it up years before it was brought up by me.?

? Donald Trump, interview with CNN?s Wolf Blitzer, May 4, 2016

Zombie claims are stubborn things. No matter how many times you debunk them, they keep rising from the dead ? even eight years later.

Trump was one of the most high-profile birthers during President Obama?s 2012 reelection campaign. Starting early last year, Trump and other Republicans blamed Clinton for starting the birther movement. Our friends at FactCheck.org thoroughly disproved this and found no link between Clinton and the birther rumors. When Trump repeated it months later, PolitiFact and our colleague David Weigel again debunked it.

Not one to be deterred by facts, Trump said it yet again May 4, 2016, the day he officially became the presumptive Republican nominee for president. So we decided it?s our turn to get to the bottom of leading theories underlying this claim. Of course, the Trump campaign as usual did not respond to our request for information.

The Facts

The allegation that Clinton was the first, or even one of the first, to question Obama?s birth certificate is simply false. But Trump would be on safer ground if he blamed her supporters for stoking the birther rumors, which do have some Democratic roots.

Let?s examine some of the main ongoing theories underlying the claim that Clinton was the ?original birther.?

Strategy memo, March 2007

This memo is supposed to be a smoking gun. Mark Penn, then a Clinton campaign aide, laid out a strategy of positive and negative messages to defeat Obama. One of his suggestions was to target his ?lack of American roots.? Excerpt, from the memo obtained by the Atlantic:

All of these articles about his boyhood in Indonesia and his life in Hawaii are geared towards showing his background is diverse, multicultural and putting that in a new light.

Save it for 2050.

It also exposes a very strong weakness for him ? his roots to basic American values and culture are at best limited. I cannot imagine America electing a president during a time of war who is not at his center fundamentally American in his thinking and in his values. He told the people of NH yesterday he has a Kansas accent because his mother was from there. His mother lived in many states as far as we can tell ? but this is an example of the nonsense he uses to cover this up.

?Let?s explicitly own ?American? in our programs, the speeches and the values. He doesn?t,? Penn suggested. But he added: ?We are never going to say anything about his background.?

Clinton ?wisely chose not to go this route,? the Atlantic reported. Staffers who criticized Obama?s ?otherness? (such as sending an email asking whether Obama was secretly Muslim) were admonished, Weigel wrote.

Note that the memo doesn?t mention Obama?s citizenship or question whether he was born in America. We asked Clinton campaign spokesman Josh Schwerin whether mentioning Obama?s citizenship was part of the strategy discussed in regard to this memo.

?The Clinton campaign never suggested that President Obama was not born here and never planned to,? Schwerin said.

Emails from Clinton supporters in 2008

In spring 2008, some of Clinton?s supporters began circulating anonymous emails questioning Obama?s citizenship. FactCheck.org and Politico cited these emails as the first time his citizenship was called into question, by a small group of ?diehard? Clinton supporters during the Democratic primary as her path toward the nomination began to fade.

?What it goes back to is ? not the Clinton campaign or her staff, but her supporters, as she was losing in the, sort of, really bitter spring of 2008,? Ben Smith, co-author of a Politico article digging into the birther movement?s roots, said in a 2011 MSNBC interview. ?Some of her passionate supporters were kind of grasping at straws for reasons he [Obama] could be ineligible for president.?

Chain emails surfaced claiming Obama was ineligible to become president because he was born in Kenya, as his mom was too young to travel by plane back to America to give birth. Others claimed Obama was refusing to release his full birth certificate because it probably contains information that he had dual Kenyan and U.S. citizenship at birth.

Of course, it was just a rumor. FactCheck.org and the Hawaii Department of Health confirmed that Obama was born in Honolulu.

We found no evidence that Clinton or her campaign coordinated any of these email chains questioning Obama?s citizenship. Authors of the Politico story could not find any links to Clinton or her campaign, and neither could FactCheck.org or PolitiFact.

Clinton?s interview on CBS?s ?60 Minutes,? March 2008

Some point to a ?60 Minutes? interview to show that Clinton coyly suggested otherwise. But this interview has been taken out of context.

The main smear in the 2008 campaign was the rumor that Obama is a Muslim, and the birther question ?bubbled around the fringes of 2008,? Smith said in the MSNBC interview.

Amid the Obama-is-Muslim rumors, a Clinton campaign staffer circulated a photo of Obama wearing a turban. Her campaign denounced the photo but did not identify which staffer was responsible ? saying any of the 700-plus people working on the campaign could have sent it.

Steve Kroft asked Clinton about the photo and such rumors on ?60 Minutes?:

Kroft: ?You don?t believe that Senator Obama is a Muslim??

Clinton: ?Of course not. I mean, that?s? You know, there is no basis for that. I take him on the basis of what he says. And, you know, there isn?t any reason to doubt that.?

Kroft: ?You said you?d take Senator Obama at his word that he?s not a Muslim.?

Clinton: ?Right.?

Kroft: ?You don?t believe that he?s ??

Clinton: ?No. Why would I? There is nothing to base that on, as far as I know.?

Kroft: ?It?s just scurrilous ??

Clinton: ?Look, I have been the target of so many ridiculous rumors that I have a great deal of sympathy for anybody who gets, you know, smeared with the kind of rumors that go on all the time.?

While Obama?s citizenship was not mentioned here, this clip has been used to assert that Clinton tacitly endorsed birther theories by adding: ?as far as I know.? These five words would be used against her for the next seven years.

We asked Schwerin whether Clinton was suggesting that the birther rumors were true, even while calling them ?ridiculous,? and he said: ?No. As you pointed out, she said it was a ridiculous rumor.?

MORE

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fa ... ted-the-birther-movement/



Cut and paste job? I posted the quintessential repudiation by The Washington Post of the BS that has been posted on Briebart and other fake news organizations - Hillary Clinton starting the birther movement.

Donald J. Trump was behind the birther movement lock stock and barrel. That is a fact. You may not believe it, that is your opinion, but you are not entitled to facts.

The more we know about the real Trump the more bizarre is the "evidence" provided by his defenders. He's clearly unstable and unfit to be president. And this information is slowly trickling down to his low information supporters, and that support is slowly eroding.

Posted on: 2016/7/31 13:47
 Top 


Re: Democratic Convention
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/5/12 22:51
Last Login :
2021/12/2 18:21
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1591
Offline
And the Constitution despite how some people think it reads does not give any explicit rights to people that visit/migrate to this country. They are expected to obey the laws and are protected by the same laws as a courtesy.

If you are a US citizen born or naturalized you are protected by the Constitution. There is no religious exclusion. If you are here illegally there is a problem. The government has a right to control who enters our borders and even exclude people for any number of reasons including national security.

At the moment all this has been tossed out the window by democrats and their open border policy. That is what is out of control and that is what has many Americans upset at both parties because this does not protect American citizens from security / health / economic threats. Europe is paying the price today.


Quote:

matt07302 wrote:
I think Trump's exclusion of immigration based on religion is a First Amendment fight in the making.

But back to the point... you think it is great that Trump attacked a family who paid the ultimate price with a fallen son fighting for our country.

Posted on: 2016/7/31 4:35
 Top 


Re: Democratic Convention
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/5/12 22:51
Last Login :
2021/12/2 18:21
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1591
Offline
Just utter revisionist BS.... your cut and paste job of a response even says that people on her campaign were sending out emails (my comments> and contacting sympathetic journalists floating the Muslim rumors) They are doing the same thing now desperate to connect Trump to the unsecured DNC Servers. And Bill Clinton also played the race card when she lost South Carolina to Obama.

Somehow all this stuff happens and she is never aware, or heard or knew what her own people were doing? You probably believe Christie did not know about bridgegate too?

Quote:

SOS wrote:
Fact Checker
Donald Trump?s ridiculous claim that Hillary Clinton started the birther movement


?You know who started the birther movement? You know who started it? Do you know who questioned his birth certificate, one of the first? Hillary Clinton. She?s the one that started it. She brought it up years before it was brought up by me.?

? Donald Trump, interview with CNN?s Wolf Blitzer, May 4, 2016

Zombie claims are stubborn things. No matter how many times you debunk them, they keep rising from the dead ? even eight years later.

Trump was one of the most high-profile birthers during President Obama?s 2012 reelection campaign. Starting early last year, Trump and other Republicans blamed Clinton for starting the birther movement. Our friends at FactCheck.org thoroughly disproved this and found no link between Clinton and the birther rumors. When Trump repeated it months later, PolitiFact and our colleague David Weigel again debunked it.

Not one to be deterred by facts, Trump said it yet again May 4, 2016, the day he officially became the presumptive Republican nominee for president. So we decided it?s our turn to get to the bottom of leading theories underlying this claim. Of course, the Trump campaign as usual did not respond to our request for information.

The Facts

The allegation that Clinton was the first, or even one of the first, to question Obama?s birth certificate is simply false. But Trump would be on safer ground if he blamed her supporters for stoking the birther rumors, which do have some Democratic roots.

Let?s examine some of the main ongoing theories underlying the claim that Clinton was the ?original birther.?

Strategy memo, March 2007

This memo is supposed to be a smoking gun. Mark Penn, then a Clinton campaign aide, laid out a strategy of positive and negative messages to defeat Obama. One of his suggestions was to target his ?lack of American roots.? Excerpt, from the memo obtained by the Atlantic:

All of these articles about his boyhood in Indonesia and his life in Hawaii are geared towards showing his background is diverse, multicultural and putting that in a new light.

Save it for 2050.

It also exposes a very strong weakness for him ? his roots to basic American values and culture are at best limited. I cannot imagine America electing a president during a time of war who is not at his center fundamentally American in his thinking and in his values. He told the people of NH yesterday he has a Kansas accent because his mother was from there. His mother lived in many states as far as we can tell ? but this is an example of the nonsense he uses to cover this up.

?Let?s explicitly own ?American? in our programs, the speeches and the values. He doesn?t,? Penn suggested. But he added: ?We are never going to say anything about his background.?

Clinton ?wisely chose not to go this route,? the Atlantic reported. Staffers who criticized Obama?s ?otherness? (such as sending an email asking whether Obama was secretly Muslim) were admonished, Weigel wrote.

Note that the memo doesn?t mention Obama?s citizenship or question whether he was born in America. We asked Clinton campaign spokesman Josh Schwerin whether mentioning Obama?s citizenship was part of the strategy discussed in regard to this memo.

?The Clinton campaign never suggested that President Obama was not born here and never planned to,? Schwerin said.

Emails from Clinton supporters in 2008

In spring 2008, some of Clinton?s supporters began circulating anonymous emails questioning Obama?s citizenship. FactCheck.org and Politico cited these emails as the first time his citizenship was called into question, by a small group of ?diehard? Clinton supporters during the Democratic primary as her path toward the nomination began to fade.

?What it goes back to is ? not the Clinton campaign or her staff, but her supporters, as she was losing in the, sort of, really bitter spring of 2008,? Ben Smith, co-author of a Politico article digging into the birther movement?s roots, said in a 2011 MSNBC interview. ?Some of her passionate supporters were kind of grasping at straws for reasons he [Obama] could be ineligible for president.?

Chain emails surfaced claiming Obama was ineligible to become president because he was born in Kenya, as his mom was too young to travel by plane back to America to give birth. Others claimed Obama was refusing to release his full birth certificate because it probably contains information that he had dual Kenyan and U.S. citizenship at birth.

Of course, it was just a rumor. FactCheck.org and the Hawaii Department of Health confirmed that Obama was born in Honolulu.

We found no evidence that Clinton or her campaign coordinated any of these email chains questioning Obama?s citizenship. Authors of the Politico story could not find any links to Clinton or her campaign, and neither could FactCheck.org or PolitiFact.

Clinton?s interview on CBS?s ?60 Minutes,? March 2008

Some point to a ?60 Minutes? interview to show that Clinton coyly suggested otherwise. But this interview has been taken out of context.

The main smear in the 2008 campaign was the rumor that Obama is a Muslim, and the birther question ?bubbled around the fringes of 2008,? Smith said in the MSNBC interview.

Amid the Obama-is-Muslim rumors, a Clinton campaign staffer circulated a photo of Obama wearing a turban. Her campaign denounced the photo but did not identify which staffer was responsible ? saying any of the 700-plus people working on the campaign could have sent it.

Steve Kroft asked Clinton about the photo and such rumors on ?60 Minutes?:

Kroft: ?You don?t believe that Senator Obama is a Muslim??

Clinton: ?Of course not. I mean, that?s? You know, there is no basis for that. I take him on the basis of what he says. And, you know, there isn?t any reason to doubt that.?

Kroft: ?You said you?d take Senator Obama at his word that he?s not a Muslim.?

Clinton: ?Right.?

Kroft: ?You don?t believe that he?s ??

Clinton: ?No. Why would I? There is nothing to base that on, as far as I know.?

Kroft: ?It?s just scurrilous ??

Clinton: ?Look, I have been the target of so many ridiculous rumors that I have a great deal of sympathy for anybody who gets, you know, smeared with the kind of rumors that go on all the time.?

While Obama?s citizenship was not mentioned here, this clip has been used to assert that Clinton tacitly endorsed birther theories by adding: ?as far as I know.? These five words would be used against her for the next seven years.

We asked Schwerin whether Clinton was suggesting that the birther rumors were true, even while calling them ?ridiculous,? and he said: ?No. As you pointed out, she said it was a ridiculous rumor.?

MORE

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fa ... ted-the-birther-movement/


Posted on: 2016/7/31 4:06
 Top 


Re: Democratic Convention
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/8/11 4:06
Last Login :
2017/8/29 18:51
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 168
Offline
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

matt07302 wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

matt07302 wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

matt07302 wrote:
I think Trump's exclusion of immigration based on religion is a First Amendment fight in the making.

But back to the point... you think it is great that Trump attacked a family who paid the ultimate price with a fallen son fighting for our country.


It's not. I already explained his immigration proposal to you. It's to ban all immigration from countries with a proven history of terrorism. BTW, I'm still waiting for you to point to a section of the Constitution that prohibits this.

And your "point" has already been asked and answered. I'll copy and paste, since you don't seem to be processing what I'm saying:

And I fault the DNC and the family for exploiting their son's death for political purposes. Especially because they presented a highly misleading version of reality. You know, that pesky thing that keeps getting in the way of your emotional arguments.


He said Muslims? did he change is tune again because I can't keep up. If this is really his argument it should ban all immigration from Ireland, England, France, Germany, Israel, etc. Does he have a list?

I just can't connect with you at all on his comments about Army Capt. Humayun S.M. Khan's family. Their son died in combat fighting for our country. For Trump to attack the family is shameful, but he has a history of disrespecting Americans who serve their country. They were not forced to go on stage. They wanted to make their voice heard and they have that right. They had courage, their son had courage. Trump does not.


Trump doesn't need to run for President either. By your standard, he has "courage" every time he takes the stage.

If Trump attacked some innocent family that was sitting around minding their own business, I'd agree with you. But that's not what happened. We have a Muslim family that exploited their son's death for political purposes. Far from "courage," I find it distasteful. But either way, when you directly attack a political candidate in public, you yourself are fair game.


Fair game for you perhaps, but not for someone who is aiming to be the next Commander and Chief.


Oh wait, don't tell me you've "disqualified" him as a result of his comments. I've lost count at the number of times this has happened.


Well it isn't his gigantic hands.

Posted on: 2016/7/31 3:58
 Top 




« 1 ... 23 24 25 (26) 27 28 29 ... 31 »




[Advanced Search]





Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017