Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Mayor Fulop Tells Christie to Resign - Establishes Petition
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

terrencemcd wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
But you are not at the caucus meetings, they are in the evenings. If you were you were there you would have written about the brewery/bowling lease for 99 years for one dollar a year. I am not blaming you but the second largest city deserves better.

You are right I am not at caucus meetings because I covered them for three years and decided it wasn't worth going anymore. I rarely if ever get any news out of them that I don't get out of the council meetings two days later. And I did look into that lease at your suggestions and decided it wasn't worth writing about. I can't write about every action the council takes.

Caucus Meetings are also posted to youtube.

Posted on: 2016/3/17 15:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/2/6 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I understand your point of view because you are only one person who cannot cover everything. But some important facts are missing when you are not there. You are an excellent writer. You are missing the 'friendly fire' among the council when they discuss things.

Thank you. But I think you overestimate the news angle there. The number of people who care if two council people spar over an issue is infinitesimal, and that doesn't really affect people's lives. I'd rather spend my time on other stories, like the one you mentioned about the mayor's calendar. I think stories like that have more impact and matter more than if Councilwoman Coleman and Councilman Boggiano fight over an ordinance. Plus, I know if any news breaks at a caucus, I'll hear about it from you or someone else who was there.

Posted on: 2016/3/17 14:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

terrencemcd wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
But you are not at the caucus meetings, they are in the evenings. If you were you were there you would have written about the brewery/bowling lease for 99 years for one dollar a year. I am not blaming you but the second largest city deserves better.

You are right I am not at caucus meetings because I covered them for three years and decided it wasn't worth going anymore. I rarely if ever get any news out of them that I don't get out of the council meetings two days later. And I did look into that lease at your suggestions and decided it wasn't worth writing about. I can't write about every action the council takes.

I understand your point of view because you are only one person who cannot cover everything. But some important facts are missing when you are not there. You are an excellent writer. You are missing the 'friendly fire' among the council when they discuss things.

Posted on: 2016/3/17 13:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2016/3/17 12:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
fulop should keep his damn mouth shut. doesn't fulop realize that christie is going to get in good with president trump who will send goodies nj's way.

Posted on: 2016/3/17 4:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

terrencemcd wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
The city only has the Jersey Journal which is not in the city anymore.

Hi, Yvonne. The editors and production staff are in Secaucus, but the reporters are all out in the field. I'm usually at City Hall in Jersey City. Come say hi!

Maybe you should start a paper. How about "Irrational Inquirer"?

Posted on: 2016/3/17 3:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

terrencemcd wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Hi, Yvonne. The editors and production staff are in Secaucus, but the reporters are all out in the field. I'm usually at City Hall in Jersey City. Come say hi!

Posted on: 2016/3/17 3:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2016/3/17 2:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Fulop's political ally Chico can drive drunk with a city car he shouldn't have been driving, with an emergency light that shouldn't have been used, gets in a wreck and injures others, then gets fired from a no-show county job where he's been robbing citizens blind-that he won't comment on!

Mayor, get your own house in order please.

Unfortunately, Chico doesn't work for the mayor. If he did, then I can understand the complaint. Interestingly, you didn't make the similar complaint to Christie when his staff was off shutting down the bridge and just one person ended up fired for it...

You missed the nearly two hour press conference Christie held when the news broke-he fired who he could, made others resign, and has co-operated fully with every request for information.

How Chico hasn't been arrested for the no-show job is beyond me, but that alone should've been enough for Fulop to tell him to quit. Makes you wonder what Chico must have on the mayor . . .

You must be the last guy in New Jersey defending Christie at this point.

Posted on: 2016/3/17 1:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Fulop's political ally Chico can drive drunk with a city car he shouldn't have been driving, with an emergency light that shouldn't have been used, gets in a wreck and injures others, then gets fired from a no-show county job where he's been robbing citizens blind-that he won't comment on!

Unfortunately, Chico doesn't work for the mayor. If he did, then I can understand the complaint. Interestingly, you didn't make the similar complaint to Christie when his staff was off shutting down the bridge and just one person ended up fired for it...

You missed the nearly two hour press conference Christie held when the news broke-he fired who he could, made others resign, and has co-operated fully with every request for information.

How Chico hasn't been arrested for the no-show job is beyond me, but that alone should've been enough for Fulop to tell him to quit. Makes you wonder what Chico must have on the mayor . . .

Posted on: 2016/3/17 0:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The point is - Fulop should open up his calendar. He is doing the same thing as Christie. The city only has the Jersey Journal which is not in the city anymore. Christie has many newspapers following him. So there is more scrutiny. There are no Jersey Journal reporters at caucus meetings so all the give-aways are not reported.

Posted on: 2016/3/16 23:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/21 23:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
This is from Auggie Torres column:
INSIDER NOTE

-- About 80,000 people are expected to attend today's Morris County St. Patrick's Day Parade at Morristown. Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop is expected to march and more than likely so will Senate President Steve Sweeney, both aspirants for governor ? unofficially. The line of march begins at noon.

My point is - yes Steven Fulop is going around the state campaigning while he asks the governor to resign.

Is Fulop ignoring his responsibilities as mayor while doing this? If not, the comparison isn't the same.

I am saying lead my example. Fulop has been traveling around the state for awhile. Perhaps if he is in the streets of JC he might see potholes some people are complaining about.

At this point it doesn't really matter what he does as you will find fault with it. If you saw him looking at potholes you'd complain that he spent too much time looking at potholes and not enough time finding you parking.

Posted on: 2016/3/16 23:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
INSIDER NOTE

-- About 80,000 people are expected to attend today's Morris County St. Patrick's Day Parade at Morristown. Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop is expected to march and more than likely so will Senate President Steve Sweeney, both aspirants for governor ? unofficially. The line of march begins at noon.

My point is - yes Steven Fulop is going around the state campaigning while he asks the governor to resign.

Is Fulop ignoring his responsibilities as mayor while doing this? If not, the comparison isn't the same.

I am saying lead my example. Fulop has been traveling around the state for awhile. Perhaps if he is in the streets of JC he might see potholes some people are complaining about.

Posted on: 2016/3/16 20:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
INSIDER NOTE

Posted on: 2016/3/16 20:20
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
INSIDER NOTE

Posted on: 2016/3/16 20:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
"Governor of New Jersey - Make It Yours"
- Steve Fulop

Posted on: 2016/3/16 20:01

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/16 15:08
From JCNJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
Quote:

asny10011 wrote:
Fulop should mind his own business and focus on his own job.

I'm a huge Fulop supporter but this 1000%

Fulop is a tax paying resident of New Jersey. Is he not allowed to vocalize what a lot of other residents agree with?

He seems to be perfectly capable of multitasking. I'm not sure why this would be such a burden.

He's also the Mayor of Jersey City and I for one don't like my Mayor picking a political battle with the gov. Focus on the prize: "Making Jersey City the best mid-sized city in America." This is an obvious ploy relating to his run for governor. He'll lose my vote.

ditto

Posted on: 2016/3/16 19:57

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/6 18:15
From DT
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/3/16 18:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
Quote:

asny10011 wrote:

Fulop is a tax paying resident of New Jersey. Is he not allowed to vocalize what a lot of other residents agree with?

He seems to be perfectly capable of multitasking. I'm not sure why this would be such a burden.

He's also the Mayor of Jersey City and I for one don't like my Mayor picking a political battle with the gov. Focus on the prize: "Making Jersey City the best mid-sized city in America." This is an obvious ploy relating to his run for governor. He'll lose my vote.

Posted on: 2016/3/16 17:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
Quote:

asny10011 wrote:

Posted on: 2016/3/16 17:33
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

asny10011 wrote:

Posted on: 2016/3/16 17:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/3/16 17:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2016/3/16 14:27
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

borisp wrote:
So, Fulop can't wait to start his gubernatorial campaign?
I thought he wanted to be our mayor.

He did. Right up until about March 2013.

Anyone watch the current season of House of Cards? The Conway character bears a good resemblance to our boy wonder...

Posted on: 2016/3/16 13:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/31 13:04
Group:
Registered Users
So, Fulop can't wait to start his gubernatorial campaign?
I thought he wanted to be our mayor.

Posted on: 2016/3/16 2:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

he has been using first his council office and now city government to grab campaign contacts, so this follows the course.

Quote:

sranade wrote:
This is paid for by his election fund which means Steve is collecting email addresses for his next run. It's an interesting way to get contacts.

Posted on: 2016/3/16 0:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/3/15 23:23

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/16 20:18
Group:
Registered Users
This is paid for by his election fund which means Steve is collecting email addresses for his next run. It's an interesting way to get contacts.

Posted on: 2016/3/15 22:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Fulop spends a lot of time outside Jersey City in different towns. I actually know of some people in JC that have attended these out of town meetings. Fulop is traveling in the state similar to Christie's travels in the nation. How can he tell someone to resign when Fulop is basically doing the same thing?

To be fair, Fulop isn't trying to leave Jersey City, he just can't find parking.

I actually laughed when I read this comment.

Now you know how we feel.

Posted on: 2016/3/15 22:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Fulop spends a lot of time outside Jersey City in different towns. I actually know of some people in JC that have attended these out of town meetings. Fulop is traveling in the state similar to Christie's travels in the nation. How can he tell someone to resign when Fulop is basically doing the same thing?

To be fair, Fulop isn't trying to leave Jersey City, he just can't find parking.

I actually laughed when I read this comment.

Posted on: 2016/3/15 20:27

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017