Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
108 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 108

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

Re: Chris Christie expected formally end presidential bid today
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
sanders is a nutcase with no sense of reality

clinton/kasich is the same politician who will do exactly zero for this country in the next 4 years

cruz is shady, he's the most dishonest. It's all a show to win, he doesnt care about any principals. He also tried to shutdown the government (bring down the country) for selfish gains, and luckily backfired.

rubio is a little kid, he should not do the 180 and start attacking trump with stupid sht like small hands. It just makes him look even weaker.

trump is chaos, if he wins there will be chaos, maybe that is good but most likely very dangerous.

Summary - all of them are horrible.

Bloomberg needs to run, he's the only one with the brain, seriousness, and integrity to actually do something good for the country. He ran nyc like a machine - efficient and effective, did tons of good.
bloomberg might be popular in the nyc area, but people don't give a sh_t about him elsewhere. and no clinton and kasich are vastly different.

maybe trump dislikes cruz, but i'm sure trump will dislike the gop establishment more if he is denied the right to run as the nominee if he gets the most votes. spite and enmity can make people do weird things.

Posted on: 2016/3/5 1:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/21 14:20
Group:
Registered Users
sanders is a nutcase with no sense of reality

clinton/kasich is the same politician who will do exactly zero for this country in the next 4 years

cruz is shady, he's the most dishonest. It's all a show to win, he doesnt care about any principals. He also tried to shutdown the government (bring down the country) for selfish gains, and luckily backfired.

rubio is a little kid, he should not do the 180 and start attacking trump with stupid sht like small hands. It just makes him look even weaker.

trump is chaos, if he wins there will be chaos, maybe that is good but most likely very dangerous.

Summary - all of them are horrible.

Bloomberg needs to run, he's the only one with the brain, seriousness, and integrity to actually do something good for the country. He ran nyc like a machine - efficient and effective, did tons of good.

Posted on: 2016/3/4 22:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

07310 wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Nothing gives me more satisfaction than seeing GOP fight itself. Go self destruct, evil racist party. I cannot care less.
of course, rubio and cruz said they would support trump if he is the nominee. if the gop tries to broker a candidate, who do you think it will be? cruz or kasich?

Cruz is hated by everyone. He's often called "the most hated man in Washington" for a reason. Kasich is Bush without the Bush name and he's a guy they would rally behind. Rubio is the alternative that could win, but I don't see them giving him the nod now. Maybe in four years they will....

If it is a brokered convention I wouldn't be surprised if the party elites try to nominate a dark horse, someone who is not currently involved in this election debacle. They hate Trump and Cruz, they don't feel "little" Marco is ready for prime time.
couldn't trump just give his delegates to cruz as a big FU to the gop if he wins the most delegates and is not chosen?

He could. However, I don't think Trump likes Cruz all that much right now.

Ultimately, Trump will not give up his delegates. Why should he? He'll have almost enough to win. All he would need would be Kasich's.

Posted on: 2016/3/4 21:43
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

07310 wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Nothing gives me more satisfaction than seeing GOP fight itself. Go self destruct, evil racist party. I cannot care less.
of course, rubio and cruz said they would support trump if he is the nominee. if the gop tries to broker a candidate, who do you think it will be? cruz or kasich?

Cruz is hated by everyone. He's often called "the most hated man in Washington" for a reason. Kasich is Bush without the Bush name and he's a guy they would rally behind. Rubio is the alternative that could win, but I don't see them giving him the nod now. Maybe in four years they will....

If it is a brokered convention I wouldn't be surprised if the party elites try to nominate a dark horse, someone who is not currently involved in this election debacle. They hate Trump and Cruz, they don't feel "little" Marco is ready for prime time.
couldn't trump just give his delegates to cruz as a big FU to the gop if he wins the most delegates and is not chosen?

Posted on: 2016/3/4 21:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

07310 wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:

But who though? Paul Ryan? Despite the Super PAC to draft him, I thought he has just declined....? Romney?

Boy, imagine the outrage from Trump supporters if the party establishment chooses someone else against so called people's will!

I hope GOP will split into two parties (possibly three or four.

Posted on: 2016/3/4 21:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:

Posted on: 2016/3/4 21:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-sh ... ns-never-trump-just-noise

Quote:

It was a striking moment. Rubio, Cruz, and to a lesser extent Kasich, had just spent the previous two hours ? indeed, much of the last several months ? making clear that they don?t want to see Trump anywhere near the Oval Office.

In fact, the Republican frontrunner?s rivals are in need of a thesaurus after nearly running out of attacks. We?ve been told that Trump?s a ?con man,? a ?fraud,? and a ?lunatic,? who?s ?unqualified? and ?unfit? to lead.

And yet, when push comes to shove, Trump has an ?R? after his name ? and for the Republican presidential field, that?s ultimately all that matters. If voting for the Republican nominee means making an actual ?lunatic? the leader of the free world, according to the GOP?s 2016 field, so be it.

I get that they don't like Hilary, but are they saying she is worse than a con man, fraud, lunatic? If they had said, "Yeah, if Trump is the nominee, I have to vote for Hilary," their anti-trump effort might have been more effective. I'm sure some Republican voters will skip voting if they have only Trump and Hilary to choose from though.

In the end, all of them are just as crazy as Trump.

Posted on: 2016/3/4 20:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Your numbers don?t add up:

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/your-numbers-dont-add

Quote:

During last night?s debate, Fox News? Chris Wallace pressed Donald Trump to explain why the candidate believes his economic plan is fiscally responsible. It offered a rare sight: real-time fact checking during the debate itself.

WALLACE: Mr. Trump, your proposed tax cut would add $10 trillion to the nation?s debt over 10 years, even if the economy grows the way that you say it will. You insist that you could make up for a good deal of that, you say, by cutting waste, fraud, and abuse.

TRUMP: Correct.

WALLACE: Like what? And please be specific.

TRUMP: Department of Education. We?re cutting Common Core. We?re getting rid of Common Core. We?re bringing education locally. Department of Environmental Protection. We are going to get rid are of it in almost every form. We?re going to have little tidbits left but we?re going to take a tremendous amount out. We have various other things. If you look at the IRS, if you look at every single agency, we can cut it down, and I mean really cut it down and save. The waste, fraud, and abuse is massive.

Now, ?waste, fraud, and abuse? has become a tiresome cliche for precisely the reason viewers saw last night: it?s a shallow phrase used a little too often by lazy candidates who don?t know what they?re talking about.

And in this case, Wallace expected the exact answer Trump delivered, so the co-moderator put on screen charts that proved the candidate?s proposed cuts wouldn?t cover nearly enough. ?Your numbers don?t add up,? Wallace said ? twice.

Trump, scrambling, said he intends to save taxpayers ?hundreds of billions of dollars? by negotiating with pharmaceutical companies through the Medicare system. Wallace, again anticipating the answer, pointed to more evidence that showed the savings Trump imagines simply don?t exist in the real world federal budget.

It was, to be sure, a difficult moment for the Republican frontrunner. It?s hard to know whether GOP voters care about such things, but the back and forth between Trump and Wallace exposed the simple fact that Trump?s numbers don?t add up ? and he can?t explain why.

But there?s one thing debate viewers may not have realized: Trump?s rivals are in the exact same boat.

Marco Rubio, for example, has said he can slash taxes on the wealthy by trillions of dollars, increase military spending, not touch social-insurance programs like Medicare for current seniors, and balance the budget. For those who take arithmetic seriously, that?s insane. Ted Cruz?s plan is every bit as absurd.

The debate put Trump on the spot ? given his frontrunner status, maybe he deserves additional scrutiny ? but if the audience came away with the idea that Trump?s plan was somehow unique in its fiscal irresponsibility, that?s unfortunate.

Paul Krugman added this morning, ?[Y]ou have to wonder why, exactly, the Republican establishment is really so horrified by Mr. Trump. Yes, he?s a con man, but they all are. So why is this con job different from any other??

Something similar came into focus yesterday, during Mitt Romney?s condemnation of Trump?s candidacy. The failed former candidate took aim at the GOP frontrunner yesterday and argued, among other things, ?His tax plan, in combination with his refusal to reform entitlements and to honestly address spending would balloon the deficit and the national debt.?

What Romney didn?t mention is that Trump?s plan ? on taxes, entitlements, and spending ? is actually very similar to the plan Rubio and Cruz have put forward. It?s also, incidentally, very much in line with the Romney/Ryan platform from four years ago.

We?ll explore this in more detail in the weeks ahead, but one of the great ironies of the Republican Party?s crackup is that the various factions agree on an awful lot. There are differences over tactics, tone, and personalities, but for a party that?s coming unglued, it?s amusing to appreciate the fact that the contingents really aren?t that different.

Posted on: 2016/3/4 20:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:

Posted on: 2016/3/4 17:58
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:

Posted on: 2016/3/4 16:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/3/3 20:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
lol. romney is calling trump a phony, fraud BUT romney was happy when brilliant trump endorsed him in 2008!

It's because of what I said, he's just a puppet being used by the donor class to take out Trump, because they can't control him and are terrified of losing their tight grip of power over this country.

Romney has been invisible for 4 years. Do you really think any of this was his idea?

Posted on: 2016/3/3 20:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
lol. romney is calling trump a phony, fraud BUT romney was happy when brilliant trump endorsed him in 2008!

Posted on: 2016/3/3 19:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Chris Christie, resign for N.J.'s sake | Star-LedgerEditorial

By Star-Ledger Editorial Board
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on March 03, 2016 at 6:00 AM, updated March 03, 2016 at 8:30 AM

Gov. Chris Christie has made it abundantly clear that governing New Jersey is a distant second priority for him, far behind the demands of his personal ambition.

He has answered every crisis with neglect during his disastrous second term.

Atlantic City is about to go bankrupt, and yet he sat on a reform package for six months without explanation. The transit system is in disrepair, with our link to New York City vulnerable to a crippling breakdown, and he watches passively as the transit fund drifts toward bankruptcy. New Jersey's fiscal crisis is the nation's second worst, and he has charted no viable path toward a political deal.

All this is infuriating when you consider that Christie possesses the political talent to steer the state towards safer ground. He made that clear in his first term, when he scored substantial wins on a centrist agenda.

But if his first term showed that he has the talent, his second term has shown that he lacks the character.

His craven endorsement of Donald Trump is only the final blow, the moment when he lost any last shred of credibility. His fulsome praise of Trump, after his stinging condemnations only a few weeks ago, is impossible to believe.

Christie's distraught expression as he stood with Trump during the press conference on Super Tuesday showed that even he can barely stomach this act of hypocrisy and opportunism. He looked like he had been taken hostage, or hit in the head.

If you wonder how he could muscle himself through such a phony moment, remember that he had practice.

Over the last year he has flipped his position on guns, immigration, and a full menu of other core issues. He has lied over and over, about Bridgegate, the budget, his imaginary friendship with the King of Jordan, and so on. It has become a habit, one that drains his credibility like grains of sand slipping through an hourglass.

Where does this leave the state?

We face two more years under a governor that is wandering in the wilderness, looking for some escape hatch from New Jersey so that he can join the bigger game. His disinterest in this state's most pressing problems is breathtaking. Political and business leaders say they can't get his attention. He was gone 72 percent of the days in 2015, and even more often during the start of this year. In any other job, he would have been fired long ago.

How much time will he spend in coming months campaigning for Trump? We asked, and of course he will not answer.

Enough. It is time for the man to resign.

Given that he's neglected his job, that he won't promise to change course even now, and that he has sacrificed every scrap of his credibility in this craven grab at national power, he should at least have the decency to get out of the way.

Better to hand off to Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno, and hold a special election this fall, as provided in the Constitution. That would have the added benefit of allowing the next governor to start work on repairs a year early.

The challenge, of course, is that Christie is not looking at the state's best interest. Christie is all about Christie. Anyone who can't see that by now hasn't been paying attention.

Impeachment is not justified, though, given that he has committed no high crimes or misdemeanors.

Our hope is that the calls for his resignation grow into a roar, that it includes Republican voices, and that Christie finds some face-saving way to step aside.

Failing that, we can only hope that he takes a moral inventory of his own conduct and changes course. If not, it will be time to consider a recall election.

The best answer for New Jersey would be for the governor to quit on his own. It's time for fresh leadership in this state. Christie has done enough damage.

http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/2 ... tml#incart_river_home_pop

Posted on: 2016/3/3 18:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
rubio should really give up trying to be a comedien

Posted on: 2016/3/2 23:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Christie enjoying his new job as Trump's bitch...

Resized Image
betcha he's lovin' it

Posted on: 2016/3/2 22:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
Political prostitution at its finest.

'Hey Donald, have you ever been with a fat man?' - CC

And then that Sansa Stark moment when Christie knew he's fucked.

Hah! I was thinking along the lines of Reek to Trump's Ramsay Bolton when I saw that speech last night.

Posted on: 2016/3/2 21:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Christie enjoying his new job as Trump's bitch...

Resized Image

Posted on: 2016/3/2 21:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/18 15:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:

You don't get millions in donations by just getting $5 from mom and pop.

Actually, yes - you can. Bernie Sanders raised over $40 million in February alone that way.

Posted on: 2016/3/2 21:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/3/2 21:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
I knew JCMan8 wasn't smart but this is beyond absurd.

Drumpf is taking donations. He has every intention of cashing in on those donations. He's not self-funding. He borrowed from himself and will pay that money back. It's a scam.

I know this may be hard to believe for those who get their political views from liberal comedians, but Trump is effectively self funding. He's taking donations only from average people and not Super PACs or big corporations. You know, the same people who bought Hillary.

When a large corporate donor makes a "contribution," they expect to receive a return on this investment. Usually they do, at the expense of the American people.

In contrast, when Average Joe sends Trump $50, there's no special interest involved. The real money funding Trump's campaign comes from Trump's own pocketbook.

The donor class cannot stand the thought of losing the power they currently have and I expect to see them fall behind Hillary (even the "Republicans"), if Cruz can't knock Trump off.

Here are Trump's donations from corps/Super PACs. He's hardly self-funded.

https://www.opensecrets.org/pres16/con ... 0023864&cycle=2016&type=f

I see why you would be confused. At the beginning of the race these Super PACs did donate to his campaign, unsolicited, but he returned the donations because he is self-funded, as I described.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/po ... turn-all-money-to-donors/

For a fun exercise, check out Hillary and Cruz's Super PAC donations.

Posted on: 2016/3/2 19:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:

Drumpf is taking donations. He has every intention of cashing in on those donations. He's not self-funding. He borrowed from himself and will pay that money back. It's a scam.

I know this may be hard to believe for those who get their political views from liberal comedians, but Trump is effectively self funding. He's taking donations only from average people and not Super PACs or big corporations. You know, the same people who bought Hillary.

When a large corporate donor makes a "contribution," they expect to receive a return on this investment. Usually they do, at the expense of the American people.

In contrast, when Average Joe sends Trump $50, there's no special interest involved. The real money funding Trump's campaign comes from Trump's own pocketbook.

The donor class cannot stand the thought of losing the power they currently have and I expect to see them fall behind Hillary (even the "Republicans"), if Cruz can't knock Trump off.

Here are Trump's donations from corps/Super PACs. He's hardly self-funded.

https://www.opensecrets.org/pres16/con ... 0023864&cycle=2016&type=f

Posted on: 2016/3/2 19:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:

Has nothing to do with comedians. It's a well pointed out fact that Drumpf isn't self funding. If he was, then he wouldn't have taken out a loan against himself.

You don't get millions in donations by just getting $5 from mom and pop.

Personally, let the Republicans destroy themselves by nominating a man that spouts racist rhetoric. They'll kill themselves for a generation. I'm fine with that.

Posted on: 2016/3/2 19:43
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:

Posted on: 2016/3/2 19:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/1 5:25
Group:
Registered Users
Last I checked, Romney is not in power of anything. He's just another kind of Republican voter, and he's not alone. I wouldn't be surprised if they vote for Hillary over Trump if he somehow becomes the GOP nominee. Who do they hate more? Hillary or Trump? It seems like a toss-up to me.

Posted on: 2016/3/2 19:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/3/2 19:15
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
When you have Mitt Romney calling you out on your tax returns, I think Trump knows it is already beyond a 'rupture' for the GOP. I think they are now hoping for a 'rapture.'

Trump isn't controlled by the donor class like the politicians on both sides are.

That's all the Romney thing is about. The people who actually hold the power are scared to death that Trump will dismantle their corrupt system, so they're doing everything possible to take him out.

Posted on: 2016/3/2 19:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/1 5:25
Group:
Registered Users
When you have Mitt Romney calling you out on your tax returns, I think Trump knows it is already beyond a 'rupture' for the GOP. I think they are now hoping for a 'rapture.'

Posted on: 2016/3/2 19:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03 ... can-party-ruptured-220108

The day the Republican Party ruptured

?It is a war the GOP as we know it may not survive, ?a big and strong fight going on about the future of the Republican Party as intense as we?ve ever seen,? said Pete Wehner, a veteran of the George W. Bush White House who has savaged Trump of late. ?A Trump victory would be catastrophic to the Republican Party and a terrible danger to the republic itself. If he wins the presidency, you may see the efforts to form a new party.?"

I won't be missing GOP.

Posted on: 2016/3/2 18:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
It sure looks like CC is a political dead man walking in NJ from here on. The NJ GOP are not the kind supporting Trump. Kinda sad to peak so early in his career, he's only 53 and Trump is not going to win the White House. Wonder if he'll pull a Palin and resign to pursue "greener" pastures while he still has name recognition. Fox News?

Can't speak for the NJ GOP elite, but Trump is wildly popular among NJ GOP voters. Completely crushes in the polls.

I thought his support was low among college educated non-evangelicals. I guess the NJ GOP is stupider than I thought.

Big difference between the lies spouted by the mass media and reality. His support is high among all demographics.

LOL!

That is beyond comical. His support isn't "high" among all demographics. His support is high among Republicans in all demographics, proving that a lot of Republicans are stupid.

Posted on: 2016/3/2 18:09
Dos A Cero

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017