Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 120

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 20 »

Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/9 1:00
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Adonis wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quoting directly from the article...
Quote:

The NJ Advance Media inquiry, encompassing more than two dozen interviews conducted since Nov. 25, found Trump's broad assertion that thousands of people cheered to be baseless.

So basically, Trump lied and his statements are invalid, which was well proven.

Not at all. The NJ Advance Media inquiry shows exactly the opposite. It shows there was in fact a considerable "base" for Trump's statements. What was baseless was Fulop's (and everyone else's contention) that NOBODY in Jersey City celebrated.

You can't prove a negative. You should be able to prove a positive if you're going to make a claim.

No video records, official police reports, office news reports on this you say? Oh, ok.

Would have been good if you read the article. Police had other shit going on that day, it was 911 after all. No crime was committed so why would there be a police report?

You can't file police reports days/weeks after the event?

For what? Celebrations are protected under the first amendment.

Posted on: 2015/12/21 16:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Adonis wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

The NJ Advance Media inquiry, encompassing more than two dozen interviews conducted since Nov. 25, found Trump's broad assertion that thousands of people cheered to be baseless.

Not at all. The NJ Advance Media inquiry shows exactly the opposite. It shows there was in fact a considerable "base" for Trump's statements. What was baseless was Fulop's (and everyone else's contention) that NOBODY in Jersey City celebrated.

You can't prove a negative. You should be able to prove a positive if you're going to make a claim.

No video records, official police reports, office news reports on this you say? Oh, ok.

Would have been good if you read the article. Police had other shit going on that day, it was 911 after all. No crime was committed so why would there be a police report?

You can't file police reports days/weeks after the event?

Posted on: 2015/12/21 16:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
Give it up dude you were wrong, this is just getting sad.

Please provide the actual information proving anything I wrote is wrong.

You are correct that this whole thing is quite sad. It really boils down to no evidence existing and a bunch of people claiming it occurred. There are also a lot of people claiming to be abducted by aliens, yet nobody takes them seriously but these people are supposed to be taken seriously?

It's over man, we know the celebrations occurred. It's okay to admit you were wrong. No one is perfect.

link?

nj.com

Ah, so more he-said/she-said without actual proof? k

Posted on: 2015/12/21 16:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Adonis wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Posted on: 2015/12/21 16:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/1 5:25
Group:
Registered Users
A 'considerable base'? What's that like? A thousand?

Posted on: 2015/12/21 16:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:

You are correct that this whole thing is quite sad. It really boils down to no evidence existing and a bunch of people claiming it occurred. There are also a lot of people claiming to be abducted by aliens, yet nobody takes them seriously but these people are supposed to be taken seriously?

It's over man, we know the celebrations occurred. It's okay to admit you were wrong. No one is perfect.

link?

nj.com

Posted on: 2015/12/21 16:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Adonis wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Posted on: 2015/12/21 16:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 11:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Posted on: 2015/12/21 16:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:

link?

Posted on: 2015/12/21 16:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:

Posted on: 2015/12/21 16:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:

Posted on: 2015/12/21 16:23
Dos A Cero

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/27 20:26
Group:
Registered Users
So, to sum up, Trump's statement: "Hey, I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down. And I watched in Jersey City, New Jersey, where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering,? is a bald-faced lie. Period.

Posted on: 2015/12/21 16:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/12/21 16:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Quote:

At the same time, the inquiry provides the first credible indication of at least two modest celebrations, as described by on-the-record sources who say they witnessed the behavior.

The keywords here are "credible indication" as opposed to "credible evidence" because there is no actual evidence to back up what a bunch of people are claiming.

Quote:

"When I saw they were happy, I was pissed," said Ron Knight, 56, a Tonnele Avenue resident who said he heard cries of "Allahu Akbar" as he shouldered his way through a crowd of 15 to 20 people on John F. Kennedy Boulevard that morning.

I'm calling bullshit. He's claiming that these people were in the street, enough so that he had to make his way through this crowd. Somehow, he's the only person that saw this.

Quote:

A retired police captain, Peter Gallagher, said he cleared a rooftop celebration of 20 to 30 people at 6 Tonnele Ave., a four-story apartment building with an unobstructed view of Lower Manhattan, in the hours after the second tower fell.

"Some men were dancing, some held kids on their shoulders," said Gallagher, then a sergeant. "The women were shouting in Arabic and keening in the high-pitched wail of Arabic fashion. They were told to go back to their apartments since a crowd of non-Muslims was gathering on the sidewalk below and we feared for their safety."

Considering that this man can't speak Arabic, he can't really claim that these people weren't praying for the victims or that it wasn't a collection of individuals worried about what was occuring.

Quote:

"Some of them had their hands in the air," Ferran said. "They were happy."

This witness is now applying his own perception. Why does he believe they are happy? It's mere speculation.

Quote:

Officers were dispatched to the address at least twice but were delayed getting inside because the front door was locked, said another retired officer, Bruce Dzamba.

"By the time I got to the roof, no one was there," Dzamba said.

Are they ninjas?! They were there and then they were gone?! Amazing!

Quote:
"There were enough calls that it was disturbing," he said. "That's the only word I can use."

That is certainly disturbing. It's also disturbing that there were so many wasted phone calls lacking actual evidence because a bunch of people seeing something they don't understand decide to interpret it into a specific way that suits a narrative.

Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Pebbles,
There was no need for me to post links supporting my comments because I used the CNN link you posted to take apart the most common liberal talking point that tries to equivocate organized Christian violence with organized Muslim violence.

It was you that quoted the CNN headline ?300 acts of violence against PP Offices? and you attached a link to a foolish 12/2015 CNN analysis of a 2010 report that analyzed 300 acts of violence against PP Offices from 1973-2003. Then you added the smarmy little IMO about acid attacks. You provided the framework to my response by lazily quoting a CNN headline without even reading the CNN analysis of a 6-year-old report on Violence against PPO offices / staff.

I provided two articles and you went after the weaker of the two. Congrats! You ignore the other which has recent data and cites from the FBI.

Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Pinned down by my point below, you used the next favorite moonbat debating tactic, when the facts do not fit your narrative, change the narrative. Ignoring my question below, you expanded the scope of your Christians-do-it-too premise to include other types of anti-social behavior by the Klan, gay bashers etc as Christian sponsored. And what are your sources linking these things to main stream Christians? The irony is that if one accepts your definition of anti-Muslim bigotry, you are guilty of the same religious bigotry against Christians by things you say and attribute to Christians. Don?t you feel any guilt smearing innocent Christians? Why would you say such horrible things?

I?m placing the two on a similar level. You want to cite beheadings in foreign countries but only want to compare them to the specific attacks on Planned Parenthood instead of discussing violence to violence.

If you want to claim that all Muslims are bad because of all violence committed by all Muslims, the same argument can be applied to just about every religion.

You seem to finally be understanding my argument a little bit. However, I don?t understand why it is taking so long for those thoughts to be sinking in.

Personally, I don?t hold all Christians accountable for the actions of a few. I don?t hold all Muslims accountable for the actions of a few. You, on-the-other-hand, are making the argument that no Muslims should be allowed in the country based on the concept (it is a concept due to the lack of evidence) that there are Muslims that cheered 9/11 and that there are Syrian refugees that are terrorists. That is some seriously weak sauce.

Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
I understand that you need to drag one religion down in order to promote another so you can win a debating point. There is no national Christian movement promoting violence against Muslims or anyone else. On the other hand, many are bending over backwards to accommodate immigrant Muslims. Wanting to defend your country and your fellow citizens from radical jihadism is not a bigotry and speaking out against allowing these killers into the country is still not a crime, at least not yet.

This last paragraph demonstrates a surprising lack of cognitive processing. I?m not dragging down a religion by pointing out actions carried out in its name. I am pointing out that no religion is immune to radicals and fanatics.

Saying that you are ?defending this country? by saying no Muslims should be allowed in demonstrates an inability to understand international politics and the role that Muslim communities have played in preventing terrorist attacks in this country.

Isolating a group for the actions of a few is bigotry.

As a personal note, I spoke with someone at a Muslim school recently. When I let this woman know that not all Americans are hateful bigots and that not all Americans want to see harm come to her, she broke down in tears. She loves this country and came here for our freedoms and acceptance. She bemoaned the fact that she is now being made to feel unwelcome in a place that has been her home for 20 years, a place she?s raised three children, a country she pays taxes in, and a place that?s she has been proud to live in.

I don?t know why you?re incapable of grasping the simple concept that a few bad apples don?t spoil a bunch. Ultimately, that woman seems to have a better idea of our country, its laws and what we stand for than you do.

Posted on: 2015/12/21 15:47
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Wow, credit the media with actually doing something right for once!

Posted on: 2015/12/21 15:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
More bullshit, he never spoke about till now. This is just another lame cop who supports Trump. I do not buy. Sorry Felicia!

You can't speculate that the cop is a Trump supporter. But I agree it is BS.

Posted on: 2015/12/21 15:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
More bullshit, he never spoke about till now. This is just another lame cop who supports Trump. I do not buy. Sorry Felicia!

Just admit you are wrong dude, not that big of a deal.

Posted on: 2015/12/21 15:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Now the story is coming out that this did happen and was witnessed by JC police:
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2015 ... i.html#incart_river_index

Do you understand the difference between watching "thousands and thousands" on video vs. speculation about "Collectively, the gatherings amounted to dozens of people at the two locations"?
And what if the story is true? I never doubted that some people in Jersey City praised the attacks. Just like people in the US likely praised the shooter's actions in CO.

Trump is still a liar. What he claimed never happened.

Posted on: 2015/12/21 15:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/12/21 15:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 11:59
Group:
Registered Users
This is exactly the kind of research I was hoping somebody would perform. Good job.

Posted on: 2015/12/21 15:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Credit to NJ.com for doing the research.

Posted on: 2015/12/21 14:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Now the story is coming out that this did happen and was witnessed by JC police:
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2015 ... i.html#incart_river_index

Posted on: 2015/12/21 12:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Pebbles,
There was no need for me to post links supporting my comments because I used the CNN link you posted to take apart the most common liberal talking point that tries to equivocate organized Christian violence with organized Muslim violence.

It was you that quoted the CNN headline ?300 acts of violence against PP Offices? and you attached a link to a foolish 12/2015 CNN analysis of a 2010 report that analyzed 300 acts of violence against PP Offices from 1973-2003. Then you added the smarmy little IMO about acid attacks. You provided the framework to my response by lazily quoting a CNN headline without even reading the CNN analysis of a 6-year-old report on Violence against PPO offices / staff.

Pinned down by my point below, you used the next favorite moonbat debating tactic, when the facts do not fit your narrative, change the narrative. Ignoring my question below, you expanded the scope of your Christians-do-it-too premise to include other types of anti-social behavior by the Klan, gay bashers etc as Christian sponsored. And what are your sources linking these things to main stream Christians? The irony is that if one accepts your definition of anti-Muslim bigotry, you are guilty of the same religious bigotry against Christians by things you say and attribute to Christians. Don?t you feel any guilt smearing innocent Christians? Why would you say such horrible things?

I understand that you need to drag one religion down in order to promote another so you can win a debating point. There is no national Christian movement promoting violence against Muslims or anyone else. On the other hand, many are bending over backwards to accommodate immigrant Muslims. Wanting to defend your country and your fellow citizens from radical jihadism is not a bigotry and speaking out against allowing these killers into the country is still not a crime, at least not yet.

TheBigGuy wrote:
The 2010 report indicated that in the US over a 30 year span, a total of 6 people were murdered with 4 attempted charges. So, how do those numbers compare against Muslim atrocities committed within the USA during the same time period? Let?s start with the (2) obvious attacks on the WTC where thousands died?

Pebbles wrote:
This is a rather interesting false equivalence that you want to propose. You limit Christian attacks to one type of location and one type of motive, Planned Parenthood and anti-Abortion. You choose to include attacks by Al Qaeda along with ISIS and atrocities performed by thug governments run by people that happen to be Muslim.

What if we opened up all Christian attacks? for instance every Klan murder. You also have the assaulting of gay people for being gay. How about the rampant attacks on Muslims (and non-Muslims that just looked brown enough) after 9/11 occurred? I have neighbors that have been assaulted in the last week for simply being Muslim.

Posted on: 2015/12/12 16:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/10/europe/ ... k-donald-trump/index.html

Chris Herbert

Promotions & Events Manager at Eskimo11.com, Portsmouths Best Student Events

? 388 followers
? December 8 at 3:07am ? Dodworth, United Kingdom ?

Getting frustrated by some people expecting racism from me, because I got blown up. Here it is:

Yes. A Muslim man blew me up, and I lost my leg.

A Muslim man also lost his arm that day wearing a British Uniform.
A Muslim medic was in the helicopter that took me from the field
A Muslim surgeon performed the surgery that saved my life
A Muslim Nurse was part of the team that helped me when I returned to the UK
A Muslim Healthcare Assistant was part of the team that sorted out my day to day needs in rehabilitation when I was learning to walk
A Muslim taxi driver gave me a free ride the first time I went for a beer with my Dad after I came home.
A Muslim doctor offered my Dad comfort and advice in a pub, when he didnt know how to deal with my medicines and side effects.

Contrary to that,
A white brit spat in my girlfriends face for '#OOPS# a cripple when you could have me [him]'
A White brit pushed my wheelchair away from a lift so he could use it first.
A White brit screamed at my Dad for parking in a disabled bay when I was in the services coming home
(Although, alot of people helped in my recovery! I dont hate white brits either! hahaha)

Point is, #OOPS# off. I know who I dislike, and I know who I dont. I know who I appreciate, and I know who I dont. If you want to hate an entire race of men and women for the actions of a few dickheads feel free, but don't push your views on me, thinking I am an easy target because one douchebag decided it was my day to die.

Blaming all Muslims for the actions of groups like Daeshe and the Taliban, is like blaming all Christians for the actions of the KKK or Westboro Baptist Church.
Get a grip of your lives, hug your family and get back to work

Posted on: 2015/12/12 0:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2015/12/11 22:06
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/12/11 19:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Attacks on Trump just make these voters like him more:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politic ... r.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Posted on: 2015/12/11 18:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
The Brutal Delegate Math That Could Deny Donald Trump The Nomination At A Brokered Convention:

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2015 ... at-a-brokered-convention/

Posted on: 2015/12/11 17:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/6 14:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
The issue I have with that characterization is that while he may win OH, he would lose more swings states, and Rubio would probably not win Florida over Clinton.

I don't see how a candidate that is barely a blip on his own party's radar has a chance in hell of carrying a general election.

Even in OH:

His landslide win was due to his opponent being caught boning a woman not his wife in a car.

More people voted to not legalize marijuana than voted for him to be governor.

Posted on: 2015/12/11 17:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

papadage wrote:
Being the only semi sane man among a bunch of crazies is a reason to vote for him in the primary, but does nothing for him in the general election.

Besides, his stances on abortion, he's also signed laws that help his party suppress votes by minorities and poorer people, like shutting down Sunday voting, restricting the mailing of absentee ballots and making it easier to reject provisional ballots for minor errors that do not have to do with the validity of the voter's registration.

This is why I avoid political threads... I don't like to get sucked into them! I am not a supporter of his (the abortion thing is an issue for me) but, obviously, the people of OH like the guy: elected to Congress a bunch of times, elected as governor and then re-elected in a landslide. In a theoretical general election, the guy would most likely carry OH without a problem. Rubio seems to have widespread support in FL (but Jeb would likely do better state-wide) so any combination of Jeb/Rubio with Kasich could be formidable. That was my contention.

As for the general election, I find that (in general) Republicans are much better at closing ranks and uniting around their candidate. In fact, I think Romney is the only GOP candidate who has failed to win his home state in recent times. Say what you will about "red states", they support the party candidate come election day.

Posted on: 2015/12/11 17:12

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 20 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017