Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
83 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 83

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Christmas Eve Concert and Mozart Mass (Free!)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
The music and the Mass was wonderful. It is nice to know my in-laws through many generations contributed to the building of this magnificent church.

Posted on: 2015/12/25 3:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Not the worst thing one can do in JCList - I'm not religious anymore but I remember my Catholic upbringing and how wonderful music can be in such a setting

Quote:

Mao wrote:
OK, I confess, this is a shameless post to put the notice back toward the top! So if you want to hear glorious music in a beautiful sacred space, come on out.

Posted on: 2015/12/23 23:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
12/12 0:04
Group:
Registered Users
OK, I confess, this is a shameless post to put the notice back toward the top! So if you want to hear glorious music in a beautiful sacred space, come on out.

Posted on: 2015/12/23 23:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Thanks for the nice comment Tambone and good luck on your Christmas Eve gig. And DC, I rely mostly on Wikipedia!

I put the link for the choir director. Here's some info about the schola director:

Joseph T. Orchard, Ph.D. - Schola Director

Dr. Orchard earned his doctorate at Rutgers University, writing his dissertation on rhetoric in the string quartets of W.A. Mozart. He has presented papers on Mozart's work at various conferences. In addition to being a scholar and academician, Dr. Orchard is a cellist and is actively involved in the New York and New Jersey classical music scene. Under his delicate baton, the Schola soars.

Posted on: 2015/12/21 18:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/30 16:48
Group:
Registered Users
All the hits from the renaissance, baroque, and classical periods!

Posted on: 2015/12/19 6:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
how You know all this stuff?

Quote:

Mao wrote:

Everyone is enthusiastically invited to a concert at 8:30 PM on Christmas Eve at St. Anthony's Church at the corner of Sixth Street and Brunswick in downtown Jersey City. Cantantes In Cordibus, the choir in residence at St. Anthony's and under the direction of Simone Ferraresi ( http://home.simoneferraresi.com/ ) , will sing Tollite Hostias from the Christmas Oratorio of Camille St. Saens and carols in Latin, English and German.

The First Mass of Christmas will begin at 9:00 PM and will feature Mozart's Sparrow Mass(German: Spatzenmesse). This is a mass in C major K. 220/196b, Mass No. 9,[1] Missa brevis No. 5,[2] composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart in 1775 or 1776 in Salzburg. The mass is sometimes termed a Missa brevis et solemnis, because it is short in a simple structure as a Missa brevis, but festively scored like a Missa solemnis with brass and timpani in addition to four solists, strings and organ. It was possibly first performed on 7 April 1776 in a mass for Easter at the Salzburg Cathedral. The nickname is derived from violin figures in the Hosanna which resemble bird chirping.

The Mass will be sung by Cantantes and will feature guest soloist Aline Mayne. http://www.alinemayne.net/ The Propers will be chanted by the Men's Schola under the direction of Dr. Joseph Orchard. Music by Victoria, Palestrina, Monteverdi will also be performed.

Posted on: 2015/12/18 23:22

Christmas Eve Concert and Mozart Mass (Free!)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Everyone is enthusiastically invited to a concert at 8:30 PM on Christmas Eve at St. Anthony's Church at the corner of Sixth Street and Brunswick in downtown Jersey City. Cantantes In Cordibus, the choir in residence at St. Anthony's and under the direction of Simone Ferraresi ( http://home.simoneferraresi.com/ ) , will sing Tollite Hostias from the Christmas Oratorio of Camille St. Saens and carols in Latin, English and German.

The First Mass of Christmas will begin at 9:00 PM and will feature Mozart's Sparrow Mass(German: Spatzenmesse). This is a mass in C major K. 220/196b, Mass No. 9,[1] Missa brevis No. 5,[2] composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart in 1775 or 1776 in Salzburg. The mass is sometimes termed a Missa brevis et solemnis, because it is short in a simple structure as a Missa brevis, but festively scored like a Missa solemnis with brass and timpani in addition to four solists, strings and organ. It was possibly first performed on 7 April 1776 in a mass for Easter at the Salzburg Cathedral. The nickname is derived from violin figures in the Hosanna which resemble bird chirping.

The Mass will be sung by Cantantes and will feature guest soloist Aline Mayne. http://www.alinemayne.net/ The Propers will be chanted by the Men's Schola under the direction of Dr. Joseph Orchard. Music by Victoria, Palestrina, Monteverdi will also be performed.

Posted on: 2015/12/18 20:34

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017