Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
90 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 90

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Overnight Parking Enforcement
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Greenface wrote:
Talked to one of the cops that was hanging out when PSEG was digging up the roads around VVP and he said that the cops are responsible for parking enforcement during the over night hours after parking authority shuts down. Obviously since parking isn't their main problem or responsibility they're uneven with their ticketing and will miss a lot of blatant violations.

I've also noticed that there's one guy at the parking authority that will frequently be out between 6-9pm in our neighborhood issuing random tickets. He definitely half-asses it and will only ticket cars that are easily accessible and on the side of the street that he's driving on. He once issued a ticket to my neighbor for parking too close to an intersection but completely ignored the cars on the opposite side of the street.

Ha! I can totally believe this. How sad, but so par for the course in JC.

Posted on: 2015/12/7 20:55

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/11 18:46
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Talked to one of the cops that was hanging out when PSEG was digging up the roads around VVP and he said that the cops are responsible for parking enforcement during the over night hours after parking authority shuts down. Obviously since parking isn't their main problem or responsibility they're uneven with their ticketing and will miss a lot of blatant violations.

I've also noticed that there's one guy at the parking authority that will frequently be out between 6-9pm in our neighborhood issuing random tickets. He definitely half-asses it and will only ticket cars that are easily accessible and on the side of the street that he's driving on. He once issued a ticket to my neighbor for parking too close to an intersection but completely ignored the cars on the opposite side of the street.

Posted on: 2015/12/7 19:46

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/23 0:39
Group:
Registered Users
Some people get away with atrocious parking violations but I get a ticket everytime my wife gets creative. Some blocks/areas seem to get away with much more.

Posted on: 2015/12/7 18:55

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/1 12:42
From Hilltop
Group:
Registered Users
I thought thought there wasnt....

Last week I had to park in DT too close to intersection (not on the side that would block the sightlines of turning traffic might I add) as there were no other spaces and was ticketed at 11.50pm! Could not believe it, especially because all the other cars on my block parking illegally were ticket-less.

Posted on: 2015/12/7 18:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Yeah, if there's rules to this game they're known only to some of the players. I picked up a ticket in the Heights at like 9:30pm parked a little too close to the corner, but nowhere near being in the crosswalk. But you see people in the crosswalk all the time, in the bus stops, hydrants, whatever. I think there's simply not enough street parking for all the people who want cars, and the JCPA knows that if they really enforced at night, they would have to call out the National Guard.

Posted on: 2015/12/7 16:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
Does anyone know if parking is enforced overnight? I always thought it was, but over the past 6-8 months I have been lead to think otherwise (neighbor parks directly in front of hydrant nightly).

Anyone know what the deal is?

In general, I find that parking in DTJC is a free-for-all after 9 PM, with little to no enforcement of basic things like parking to close to intersections or fire hydrants, or the even more brazen violations like parking in clearly prohibited areas where signage is clear and to the point. I am REALLY surprised the city doesn't bother with parking enforcement. If you believe in Broken Windows, this is low hanging fruit stuff.

Posted on: 2015/12/7 15:38

Overnight Parking Enforcement
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone know if parking is enforced overnight? I always thought it was, but over the past 6-8 months I have been lead to think otherwise (neighbor parks directly in front of hydrant nightly).

Anyone know what the deal is?

Posted on: 2015/12/7 14:31

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017