Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
82 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 82

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 ... 20 »

Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RickSp wrote:
So you [Yvonne] do acknowledge that Trump is a stone cold liar...

Perhaps he wasn?t lying at all. Have you considered the possibility that that for certain aspects of his world view, he simply isn?t capable of making a significant distinction between objective and subjective reality? If he didn?t genuinely believe he is correct and justified in making all kinds of ridiculous statements, the embarrassment of being so profoundly off could be too much to bear. I don?t think he was lying per se, but what may be going on in his mind could be far more complex and potentially dangerous than simple dishonesty.

Posted on: 2015/12/3 16:45

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/27 20:26
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Is there a problem with your reading skills? I said more than once, there are two exaggerations, what Trump said and the people denying we had celebrations in JC. I said more than once, JC probably follower what Mayor Giuliana said, "There were pockets of celebrations." It was probably located to Westside Avenue and Journal Square which is not thousands of people.

LOL. I am not worried about my reading skills and I will not comment on yours.

By the way, the candy store that Giuliani referred to was not in Jersey City and there is considerable doubt as to whether any celebration took place or whether that was the excuse used by local kids to beat up a Muslim.

So you do acknowledge that Trump is a stone cold liar when he claims that he personally saw "thousands and thousands" of people celebrating in Jersey City?

Posted on: 2015/12/3 15:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Here is a clip on JC & 9/11 from the Hudson County View.

http://hudsoncountyview.com/911-cbs-r ... -the-roof-in-jersey-city/

It's a clip of Pablo Guzman spreading rumors about Muslims in JC, with a bunch of unsubstantiated claims. There is, unsurprisingly, no footage whatsoever of anyone celebrating.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2015/12/3 14:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RickSp wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

So even if this unsubstantiated rumor is true, which I doubt, would you agree that Trumps claim that he personally saw "thousands and thousands" celebrating in Jersey City is an outright lie?

Is there a problem with your reading skills? I said more than once, there are two exaggerations, what Trump said and the people denying we had celebrations in JC. I said more than once, JC probably follower what Mayor Giuliana said, "There were pockets of celebrations." It was probably located to Westside Avenue and Journal Square which is not thousands of people.

Posted on: 2015/12/3 13:26

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

So even if this unsubstantiated rumor is true, which I doubt, would you agree that Trumps claim that he personally saw "thousands and thousands" celebrating in Jersey City is an outright lie?

Posted on: 2015/12/3 12:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Wary of Donald Trump, G.O.P. Leaders Are Caught in a Standoff:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/02/us/ ... caught-in-a-standoff.html

This has put a smile on my face. Thanks you Trump supporters for potentially making my dream come true!

Good article.

I view Trump as Palin on steroids. He won't get the party nomination - simply because he's too divisive. If he runs as an independent - he'll kill off GOP chances at the WH. He could be part of a dream ticket if he agreed to run for VP. It could end very well (for the GOP) if there's another terrorist attack on US soil - or very badly if he continues to insert his foot in his mouth....

Trump should have a televised contest with all of the Republican runners up to see who will get his VP selection.

Posted on: 2015/12/3 4:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/6 14:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
He reported that it was claimed. And many news reports from those early days were retracted or never substantiated, as you well know.

The FBI investigated and never corroborated one single story. They arrested some people, or took them for questioning, but please point to an FBI report that says that people were actually celebrating. Not that it was reported, but that it actually happened, you sorry excuse for a human being.

BTW:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/journa ... stretch/story?id=35529968

Quote:
Guzman said all of these reports were "mostly anecdotal. People called into police and news. When you tried to follow up it wasn't quite like we were told -- it was a game of telephone."

Posted on: 2015/12/3 3:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

papadage wrote:
Even the report of eight people or so was never substantiated or corroborated by anyone in a real position to know.

There is a lie by Trump, and then people like you, digging for excuses to rationalize his lies, and most of your sources are well know liars or scum like Kerick or Giuliani.

All to support a lying scum of a blowhard and make you feel good about supporting his brown shirt rantings.

So I guess the reporter Pablo Guzman was lying when he said the people were celebrating on the roof and it is the same building where people celebrated 8 years earlier, referring to the first terrorist attack. Everyone lies except you. Only you are the righteous one, at least that is what you think. Oh, I forgot, the FBI is lying, too.

Posted on: 2015/12/3 3:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
BY CNN WIRES

JERSEY CITY, New Jersey ? The 55-year-old was on his way to an appointment when he got a phone call to turn on the TV and like many Americans saw the World Trade Center struck by hijacked planes on September 11.

?I was stunned, I was sitting and watching and crying,? he says.

If his story sounds simple, or basic, even entirely too familiar, that?s exactly the point.

The only difference? His name is Ehtesham Naqvi and he?s a Muslim-American who emigrated from Pakistan 45 years ago. He was living in Jersey City, New Jersey ? in the shadow of the terror across the Hudson River from lower Manhattan and the city home to Ellis Island.

And it is what makes Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump?s characterization that Muslims in Jersey City celebrated the attacks all the more personal and agonizing for Naqvi, now 69 years old.

Naqvi remembers the fear of that day. It was twofold: America was under attack and the backlash was already beginning against Muslims in the wake of reports about the hijackers? religions. He also remembers praying. But he doesn?t remember seeing anyone celebrate.

Trump insisted for a second week that ?thousands of American-Muslims in New Jersey celebrated 9/11,? saying in an interview to NBC?s Chuck Todd, ?You have a huge Muslim population between Paterson and different places and Jersey City ? an unbelievable, large population,? he said.

?I know for sure that is completely untrue,? Waheed Khalid, president of a cemetery for the Muslim community known as Jersey State Memorial Park, says. ?There was absolutely no celebration, in fact we were very much concerned about the backlash at our community.?

Some in the community didn?t speak to Navqi or were wary of Muslims in the wake of the attack, but he remembers his community banding together and grieving alongside all faiths.

?I went to the neighborhood and organized a rally immediately for a vigil ceremony,? he says.

Trump?s recollection of that day and what took place in Jersey City and surrounding cities is false, according to city leaders, law enforcement and community leaders. But he hasn?t backed down on the claims, and in fact has continued to repeat them.

?I?ve heard Jersey City. I?ve heard Paterson. It was 14 years ago,? Trump said. ?But I saw it on television, I saw clips, and so did many other people ? and many people saw it in person. I?ve had hundreds of phone calls to the Trump organization saying, ?We saw it. There was dancing in the streets.? ?

Khalid, who is also Pakistani-American, says he does remember throngs of law enforcement, but they were ?there to protect the mosque.?

Khalid, like Naqvi, remembers the fear he and the Muslim community felt that day and weeks later: ?We were just as much hurt as any other community.?

More

Posted on: 2015/12/3 2:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
Even the report of eight people or so was never substantiated or corroborated by anyone in a real position to know.

There is a lie by Trump, and then people like you, digging for excuses to rationalize his lies, and most of your sources are well know liars or scum like Kerick or Giuliani.

All to support a lying scum of a blowhard and make you feel good about supporting his brown shirt rantings.

Posted on: 2015/12/3 2:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

papadage wrote:
Where are the thousands on video Yvonne? You are recycling a story about hearsay again.

I never said there was thousands, in fact, I did say there are two extremes, Trump claiming there are thousands and others saying nothing happened. Both are extremes, by saying nothing happened, they you papadage are distorting history. I said what happened in JC is probably what happened in NYC, where the former mayor said there were pockets of this activity. However, I posted this because people said where is the video, well this is video.

Posted on: 2015/12/3 2:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
Where are the thousands on video Yvonne? You are recycling a story about hearsay again.

Posted on: 2015/12/3 1:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/12/3 1:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
Mr. Trump?s claim is absurd, but there?s little denying he was successful at sending thousands of people on a distracting and time consuming snipe hunt that serves his purposes either way. Perhaps our best recourse is to stop patronizing his irrational game, because he?s not being ?debunked? as much as he?s being given the publicity that his narcissistic behavior is intended to generate.

Posted on: 2015/12/3 0:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:

This has put a smile on my face. Thanks you Trump supporters for potentially making my dream come true!

Good article.

I view Trump as Palin on steroids. He won't get the party nomination - simply because he's too divisive. If he runs as an independent - he'll kill off GOP chances at the WH. He could be part of a dream ticket if he agreed to run for VP. It could end very well (for the GOP) if there's another terrorist attack on US soil - or very badly if he continues to insert his foot in his mouth....

Posted on: 2015/12/3 0:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
[quote]
JCorNYC wrote:
Looks like the real reason Problem is being an ally to Israel. bottomline.

I fixed that for you.
I agree and for an "ally" they are the country which spies on the US the most.

Posted on: 2015/12/3 0:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:11
From HamiltonPARK
Group:
Registered Users
http://gothamist.com/2015/12/02/georg ... ton_level_orange_turn.php

"former Jersey City Mayor Steven Furlop..." whoops.

Posted on: 2015/12/2 22:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/12/2 19:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/12/2 19:08

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

I don't need to validate what my neighbor told me 14 years ago, but others do. No, there was not thousands, there were incidents similar to what Mayor Guiliana said some neighborhoods in NYC.

And I certainly don't need to believe what you claim that your neighbors told you 14 years ago. I heard many rumors repeated as fact on 9/11 which were later shown to be false. Lacking all other evidence, I refuse to believe secondhand gossip or hearsay.

And I see that you agree that when Trump claimed that he personally saw "thousands and thousands" celebrating in Jersey City, he was lying.

Posted on: 2015/12/2 18:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/12/2 18:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RickSp wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Bernard Kerik had FBI reports. OPRA the reports.

You first.

I don't need to validate what my neighbor told me 14 years ago, but others do. No, there was not thousands, there were incidents similar to what Mayor Guiliana said some neighborhoods in NYC.

Posted on: 2015/12/2 17:39

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

You first.

Posted on: 2015/12/2 17:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/12/2 16:58

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
So someone has an affair then their information is false. I remember many people defending President Clinton saying what he did in his private life does not affect his presidency. The reason I bring this up because there are two extremes. The first extreme is Trump, his insistence on thousands of people but the second extreme is to deny there was no celebrations. While they did not have his face, a reporter was saying last night, the chief of Paterson police did admit to some celebrations. I am sure if someone did an OPRA on the FBI on 9/11, that information would be available.

LOL. Bernie did a bit more than have an affair, Yvonne. The man is a convicted liar, thief and now an ex-con out on probation.

Bernard Kerik

Quote:
On November 5, 2009, Kerik pleaded guilty to eight felony tax and false statement charges,[35] and surrendered at the U.S. minimum security prison camp in Cumberland, Maryland, on May 17, 2010. He was discharged from federal custody on October 15, 2013, after serving 5 months home confinement. Bernard Kerik is serving additional penalty of three years probation (Federal Supervised Release) and current owes the USA over $180,000 criminal restitution on which he pays $1000/monthly .

Posted on: 2015/12/2 16:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
I just realized that these "celebrations" allegedly occurred at JFK and Sip. Since I lived there (and was home on 9/11) I can personally tell you that nothing of the sort occurred. I haven't lived there in a while, but I can also tell you that my neighbors were almost all pleasant, polite and friendly. Sorry to bust your stereotypes, Mr. Trump.

Posted on: 2015/12/2 16:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
So someone has an affair then their information is false. I remember many people defending President Clinton saying what he did in his private life does not affect his presidency. The reason I bring this up because there are two extremes. The first extreme is Trump, his insistence on thousands of people but the second extreme is to deny there was no celebrations. While they did not have his face, a reporter was saying last night, the chief of Paterson police did admit to some celebrations. I am sure if someone did an OPRA on the FBI on 9/11, that information would be available.

Posted on: 2015/12/2 16:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Kerik, meanwhile, was on CNN later in the morning, where he told the "Newsroom with Carol Costello" program that there were some reports of people celebrating, as Giuliani said, in Brooklyn and Queens, and agreed there were reports from Paterson, N.J. and Jersey City as well.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/rudy ... 911/2015/12/01/id/704079/

He's a liar, and a proven one, as well as a felon, and one of the right wing fear brigade that are trotted out to stoke hyperventilating in the base. F*** him and Giuliani, who exploited the tragedy and loss of like on 9/11 to become greedy political shills.

Yvonne, your public sources all seem to be proven liars. It does little to shore up any credibility you retain on here.

Posted on: 2015/12/2 15:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/2/6 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JadedJC wrote:

Only you would be gullible enough to cite Kerik - a convicted felon who served time in prison for tax fraud and making false statements.

Don't forget this. Stand-up guy!

An apartment in Battery Park City that former Police Commissioner Bernard B. Kerik secured for his personal use after Sept. 11 was originally donated for the use of weary police and rescue workers who were helping at ground zero, according to a real estate executive who has been briefed about the apartment.

Posted on: 2015/12/2 14:11

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Meanwhile, the video of Curtis Sliwa which Trump points to as proof that there were "thousands and thousands" celebrating on 9/11, actually debunks Trump's big lie. The Sliwa clip was edited to leave out important facts. Even Sliwa is calling out Trump for the falsehood.

Quote:
Last week, Sliwa wrote on his Facebook page that Trump incorrectly implied that video of groups of people in the Middle East cheering the attacks actually took place in the U.S. Sliwa wrote that the video actually came from ?the West Bank of Palestine, not the East Bank of the Hudson River!?

Oops! Trump Cites Video Debunking 9/11 Story As Proof He Was Right

Posted on: 2015/12/2 13:44

Edited by RickSp on 2015/12/2 14:12:16

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 ... 20 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact