Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
118 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 118

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 19 »

Re: In case you missed the news.. major cooridinated Islamic terror attack in Paris
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Hurry! Hide under the bed!

Quote:

JCorNYC wrote:
JUST IN:

Terror alert raised to maximum in Brussels...

Posted on: 2015/11/21 1:20

Re: In case you missed the news.. major cooridinated Islamic terror attack in Paris
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/11/21 1:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/1 18:03
Group:
Registered Users
JUST IN:

Terror alert raised to maximum in Brussels...

Posted on: 2015/11/21 1:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Of course, all of the Trump stuff is about as true as Harry Reid claiming that Romney didn't pay taxes . . . because of what 'someone' told him.

Posted on: 2015/11/21 1:02

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/27 20:26
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Resized Image

Donald Trump Has Gone Full Nazi - And If The GOP Doesn't Repudiate It They Own It?

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/11 ... ey-Own-It?detail=facebook

The old saying, attributed to Sinclair Lewis should be amended to: ?When fascism comes to America, it will come wrapped in the flag and waving a cross and sporting a comb-over.?

The critical point is indeed that the rest of the Republican presidential clown car has remained silent in the face of Trump's ravings.

Posted on: 2015/11/20 22:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/27 23:03
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Dear Gov. Snyder: Syrian Refugees Are Welcome In My Home:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael ... 00000016§ion=politics

"I'm disappointed in you, Governor Snyder, for your heartless and un-Christian actions, and for joining in with at least 25 other governors (all but one a Republican) who've decided to block legal Syrian refugees from coming into their states. Fortunately, I'm an American and not a Republican.

Governor, count me out of whatever you think it means to be a Michigander. I look forward to welcoming Syrians to my home and I wholeheartedly encourage other Americans to do the same.

Michael Moore

P.S. By the way, my 700-sq. ft. apartment in northern Michigan is a little small, but it's got cable, wi-fi and a new dishwasher! Also, no haters live on my floor! Stop by any time for a hot chocolate this winter."

PS: Governor, I can only accept very skinny Syrians because I take up 90% of space in my apartment. Sincerely, Michael Moore

Posted on: 2015/11/20 21:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
What Did Donald Trump Say About Registering Muslims?

http://www.redstate.com/2015/11/20/do ... -say-registering-muslims/

"To put in mildly, this is insane and the fact that anyone in public life could push the idea that registering people by religion or them carry special identification is outrageous. We can all agree that a much better job needs to be done of screening immigrants and political correctness in dealing with Islamic terrorism has reached the point where investigations into Islamic terrorism can be career ending decisions for law enforcement agents and, at the same time, agree that closing mosques or registering Americans by religion is not the way we operate in America.

What possible type of identification would a Muslim carry in Trump?s America? Because it seems to me that unless the identification is visible, so as to provide early warning, that the entire exercise is useless. Do we actually think that Muslims who are prone to terrorism are going to allow themselves to be enrolled in a database? How about Public Law 94-521 which forbids the collection of anyone?s religious affiliation by the federal government? Would Congress overturn it? Or would and Executive Order be sufficient? Once Trump leaves office, what would prevent Chelsea Clinton from using the same system to identify Evangelical or Catholic Christians?

As an aside, Rush?s apologia for Trump today is completely off target. This story did not begin with an off-the-wall question in an on-the-fly interview. You can search Google day-by-day for this week and see how the story developed. (FoxNews has a fair interpretation of events) If this was the result of a misquote, Trump has had many, many chances to correct the record. He hasn?t. In fact, he was given an easy out in the interview that Rush criticizes:"

Even RedState thinks it's crazy. For the first time in my life, I agree with RedState.

Posted on: 2015/11/20 21:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
How easy is it to get a fake Syrian passport?

Very disturbing...

Syrian refugee Sakher Edris explains how fake passports are easy to obtain. CNN's Erin Burnett reports.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2015/11/ ... gee-camp-burnett-ebof.cnn

Posted on: 2015/11/20 21:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
The shadows of a new American fascism: Why our surging xenophobia could have some very dangerous consequences:

http://www.salon.com/2015/11/20/the_s ... ook&utm_medium=socialflow

"It would appear that our descent into irrationality has not yet hit its limit. Yesterday, Republican frontrunner Donald Trump said that he would consider forcing Muslims to register with the government to be part of a tracking database. Here?s what he said:

MSNBC?s Vaughn Hillyard: Should there be a system a database to track Muslims?

Trump: There should be a lot of systems, beyond databases, we should have a lot of systems, and today you can do it.But right now we have to have order, we have to have strength, we have to have a wall and we cannot let what?s happening to this country happen any longer.

Hillyard: Is that ? your White House would?(inaudible)

Trump: I would certainly implement that.

Hillyard: What do you think the effect of it, how would that work?

Trump: It would stop people from coming in illegally. We have to stop people from coming in to our country illegally

Hillyard: For Muslims specifically, how do you get them registered into a database?

Trump: It would be just good management. What you have to do is good management procedures.

Hillyard: Do you go to mosques and sign these people up?

Trump: Different places. You sign em up at different places. But it?s all about management. Our country has no management."

Posted on: 2015/11/20 21:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
4/15 15:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:

The Syrian refugees did not cause the bombing in Paris. This is a simple fact.

One of the bombers Syrian passport was fake, but he did come in with the refugees. From the WSJ:

ATHENS?Mystery deepened over a Paris attacker who traveled to Europe via Greece and the Balkans, after French officials said Monday that the Syrian passport he had used was indeed a fake.

Authorities in France and Greece have said that fingerprints taken from the remains of a suicide bomber outside France?s national sports stadium, the Stade de France, match the prints of a man who entered Europe via the Aegean island of Leros on Oct. 3.

Police on Leros registered the man under the identity in the passport he showed them: Ahmad AlMohammad, 25, from Syria. The same passport was found near the man?s body outside the stadium on Friday night.

Whoever the man was, he posed as one of the many refugees fleeing Syria?s war?including the violence of Islamic State?to enter Europe through its lightly controlled frontier in the Aegean Sea.

So the EU cannot tell a real passport from a fake one. More of a reason to close the borders.

Posted on: 2015/11/20 20:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Resized Image

Donald Trump Has Gone Full Nazi - And If The GOP Doesn't Repudiate It They Own It?

Er, no. It was a nice loony left circle jerk though.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governme ... d-donald-trump-as-a-nazi/

Posted on: 2015/11/20 20:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The massacre in Mali made hostages recite the Koran and those who can was spared those who couldn't was executed... deaths rose to 21

Posted on: 2015/11/20 20:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2015/11/20 20:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Fareed Zakaria will re-air his CNN's Blindsided at 11pm

It takes a look inside ISIS. It's very chilling and disturbing accounts. and how many ISIS sympathizers are from New Jersey! seriously, not joking. A German journalist who was allowed to go into ISIS area said he was surprised the many americans who joined ISIS are from New Jersey. YOu got to see it to believe it.

Posted on: 2015/11/20 18:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:

"I'm disappointed in you, Governor Snyder, for your heartless and un-Christian actions, and for joining in with at least 25 other governors (all but one a Republican) who've decided to block legal Syrian refugees from coming into their states. Fortunately, I'm an American and not a Republican.

Governor, count me out of whatever you think it means to be a Michigander. I look forward to welcoming Syrians to my home and I wholeheartedly encourage other Americans to do the same.

Michael Moore

P.S. By the way, my 700-sq. ft. apartment in northern Michigan is a little small, but it's got cable, wi-fi and a new dishwasher! Also, no haters live on my floor! Stop by any time for a hot chocolate this winter."

No mention of his 10,000 square foot lake home, or his NYC apartment that was created by combining three separate apartments, lol? Maybe he can take some of his $50 million dollar net worth and build some apartment buildings for some Syrians, lol?

Posted on: 2015/11/20 18:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

JCorNYC wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Not far away, in 'diverse and progressive' Maplewood, someone has an apartment for rent, and is trying to find Syrian refugees to rent it. (I guess it would solve two aims-good, government stream of rent money, and politically correct cred of the highest order).

What this landlord may not know is that when the first attack on the WTC took place, the chemical engineer who masterminded the bomb did so-while renting an apartment in Maplewood!

How fast Americans forget. I believe the chemical engineer was studying or working at Rutgers.

Rutgers grad, he was working for Foster Wheeler in Morristown!

He seems to just fell off the face of the earth. What did happen to him?

Posted on: 2015/11/20 18:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
So, you're saying we're just going to wait until they become radicalized in few years? Do another 9/11 in the USA, this time topping the 3,000+ dead of 9/11 to 20,000 dead? Like always, the government always react and do something AFTER THE FACT.

FYI: The FBI just said they're looking at 900+ terrorists in the US. And like always FBI always miss alot of them. smdh

Posted on: 2015/11/20 18:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
I don't understand your conflation of slavery and not allowing in a bunch of questionable refugees. No first world countries will ever have open borders if they're going to survive. I don't accept that barring groups from being accepted based on obvious risk is morally repugnant. Slavery, on the other hand, is not really necessary for national survival, isn't common and is generally viewed (except by certain Syrians who openly practice slavery) as morally repugnant.

What was once an acceptable policy in America, slavery, is now viewed as repugnant. The reasons given, essentially fear of brown Muslim people, for not allowing refugees fleeing a war zone is equally repugnant. At its base, it is bigotry.

Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
You're not very good at this. Barring guns based on a few bad apples restricts the rights of law abiding citizens. Potential refugees/immigrants have no rights. We either choose to accept them or not - it being entirely our decision. Basing those decisions on avoiding the consequences of those bad apples is perfectly reasonable.

Making a statement does not actually make it a factual statement?

The comparison is spot on. Either we are a nation that leads and assists throughout the world or we need to stop claiming we?re some awesome place that does awesome things.

The Syrian refugees did not cause the bombing in Paris. This is a simple fact. Saying that we?re going to get bombed or that there is any reasonable level of risk that we will get bombed because we let in 20% of what France has would be mathematically absurd. It?s simply a non-starter.

Posted on: 2015/11/20 18:46
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Rubio faces leadership test and flunks

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-sh ... eadership-test-and-flunks

?Well, I think it?s not about closing down mosques. It?s about closing down any place, whether it?s a cafe, a diner, an internet spot, any place where radicals are being inspired.

?And that we have ? the biggest problem we have is our inability to find out what these places are because we?ve crippled our intelligence programs, both through an authorized disclosure by a traitor, in other words, Snowden, or by some of the things that this president has put in place for the support even of some from my own party to diminish our intelligence capabilities.

?So, whatever facilities being used, it?s not just a mosques. Any facility that?s being used to radicalize and inspire attacks against the United States should be a place that we look at.?

So under Rubio, not just mosques but other places will be shut down!

Posted on: 2015/11/20 18:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Michael Moore

Posted on: 2015/11/20 18:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Not far away, in 'diverse and progressive' Maplewood, someone has an apartment for rent, and is trying to find Syrian refugees to rent it. (I guess it would solve two aims-good, government stream of rent money, and politically correct cred of the highest order).

What this landlord may not know is that when the first attack on the WTC took place, the chemical engineer who masterminded the bomb did so-while renting an apartment in Maplewood!

That?s a LOT of logical twists and turns there. Unless this landlord is looking towards renting to the exact same person or they are openly courting terrorists, as opposed to refugees in need of support, this really is a false comparison.

That?s like saying after the latest shooting by a white guy that renting to white males means you want to rent to guys that will shoot up a building?

Posted on: 2015/11/20 18:36
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Sanders: Trump's Muslim database idea 'outrageous and bigoted'

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/p ... -database-outrageous-and:

"Critics have pounced on the idea, likening it to Nazi Germany's treatment of minorities.

Trump has deflected questions about whether he saw such comparisons.

?You tell me,? Trump repeatedly responded when asked."

Posted on: 2015/11/20 18:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Not really worried about that at all, and if my children ask stupid liberal questions like that then I'll be deeply depressed (not because I supported the wrong position - far from it, but rather than I did a poor job at raising intelligent, pragmatic people). As for Ben Affleck, I have to lol @ a Hollywood liberal asking a question and then suppressing the answer when it doesn't go the way he likes.

Well, there are two things here... One, Affleck is absurd. I?m not going to claim to be a fan, just that there are scenarios where, upon future reflection, the actions are not something to be proud of. His ancestors owning slaves was thought, at the time, to be a perfectly acceptable position to hold. I would like to think that we know better today.

In regards to the reflection on your position? You can claim it is an absurd liberal position but it isn?t. It is actually very pragmatic. Our actions and decisions have a direct impact on our history and how we are looked back upon.

The fear caused by the Ebola ?outbreak? is exactly that. The paranoia lead to a few inconveniences and a lot of fear mongering but in the end, it really wasn?t a problem. In the end, those screaming about how we need to protect ourselves just look stupid.

The same goes for the Syrian refugees. The Paris bombing doesn?t actually have much to do with them, yet they seem to be getting the blame regardless. It really is a lot of chicken little nonsense.

I don't understand your conflation of slavery and not allowing in a bunch of questionable refugees. No first world countries will ever have open borders if they're going to survive. I don't accept that barring groups from being accepted based on obvious risk is morally repugnant. Slavery, on the other hand, is not really necessary for national survival, isn't common and is generally viewed (except by certain Syrians who openly practice slavery) as morally repugnant.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Four dozen House Democrats broke ranks, despite heavy lobbying from the White House, to vote for stopping the Syrian refugees. A great rebuke to Obama's reckless policy.

The vetting process takes about 2 years, what makes the policy reckless?

Are you arguing that everyone fleeing Syria is a terrorist?

Why would he need to argue this in order to justify his position? It is enough that some of them are to justify opposing this idiotic policy.

Because some of the people buying guns are going around and shooting up schools, we should just shut off all gun sales.

It is enough that some gun buyers are homicidal maniacs to justify opposing the idiotic policy of selling guns.

(Something tells me that you don?t agree with this argument very much even if it is the exact same argument you made.)

You're not very good at this. Barring guns based on a few bad apples restricts the rights of law abiding citizens. Potential refugees/immigrants have no rights. We either choose to accept them or not - it being entirely our decision. Basing those decisions on avoiding the consequences of those bad apples is perfectly reasonable.

Posted on: 2015/11/20 18:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCorNYC wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

How fast Americans forget. I believe the chemical engineer was studying or working at Rutgers.

Rutgers grad, he was working for Foster Wheeler in Morristown!

Posted on: 2015/11/20 18:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Failing to rise to the occasion:

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/failing-rise-the-occasion

"Americans are frightened and suspicious of foreigners entering the country from abroad. The political press is blaming President Obama for not doing enough. Rival politicians with presidential ambitions are seizing on the issue.

Sounds like the political aftermath after Friday?s terrorist attacks in Paris, right? But those same descriptions ? fear, suspicion, blame, and political opportunism ? apply to what happened just a year ago during the Ebola scare.

Indeed, some of the same exact people who panicked under pressure a year ago are doing the same thing now. In late October 2014, Marco Rubio, for example, said policymakers should ignore the scientists and instead approve his legislation to ban travel from Ebola-stricken African countries to the United States. In November 2015, Rubio is now saying policymakers should ignore the diplomats and punish refugees fleeing terrorist violence."

Posted on: 2015/11/20 18:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2015/11/20 18:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users
?There were a billion lights out there on the horizon and I knew that all of them put together weren't enough to light the darkness in the hearts of some men.?

Michael Connelly, The Scarecrow

Posted on: 2015/11/20 18:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/11/20 18:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Trump Doubles Down On Religious Database, Vows To Institute American Apartheid:

http://www.occupydemocrats.com/trump- ... itute-american-apartheid/

He must be stopped.

Posted on: 2015/11/20 18:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Trump crosses new line, endorses database for Muslim Americans

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-sh ... se-muslim-americans#break

"At another event, the same NBC News reporter asked, ?Mr. Trump, why would Muslim databases not be the same thing as requiring Jews to register in Nazi Germany? What would be the difference? Is there a difference between the two??

The candidate replied, ?You tell me. Why don?t you tell me?? When pressed further on what the consequences might be for Americans who don?t register, Trump walked away and didn?t respond."

Posted on: 2015/11/20 18:10

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 19 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017