Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
134 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 134

more...

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 10 11 12 (13) 14 15 16 ... 19 »

Re: In case you missed the news.. major cooridinated Islamic terror attack in Paris
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Now reports that nothing was found! No bomb.. No arrests..

Probably be a day or so before what happened gets figured out.

Posted on: 2015/11/17 20:51

Re: In case you missed the news.. major cooridinated Islamic terror attack in Paris
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/11/17 20:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/1 18:03
Group:
Registered Users
THey are now reporting German police found device in the train station in Hannover.

2 devices found in Hannover , Germany.
At the stadium and at the train station.

Merkel will have a news conference soon....

Posted on: 2015/11/17 20:23

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/6 18:15
From DT
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

BobNesta wrote:
King of Jordan taking bold steps and, as a Muslim, acknowledging that this is a war within Islam...which so many seem to avoid. http://news.yahoo.com/king-jordan-war ... t-humanity-161351407.html

These are the kinds of voices that need to be heard. These are the people that need to step up, along with Imams, Muslim groups, Muslim leaders, etc. Muslims, rescue your religion and culture by looking within and rising up against the hijacking of your religion by extremists.

You are not going to change Islamic extremism unless you change the cancerous mindset of Jihad, martyrdom, elevating death over life, etc.

Quote:
More Muslims have come out against the terrorist actions in Paris than police have spoken out about certain murders of unarmed black youths. It?s pathetic that we have to keep hearing the question ?Where are the Muslims speaking out against these crimes?!?!?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles ... ate-isis-most-of-all.html

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/ ... condemn-Paris-attack.html

huh? you're derailing the point of the discussion by bringing up other societal issues that are not relevant. What are you attempting to say? That Muslim leaders and Muslims are vocal enough in denouncing the hijacking of their religion by extremists? It won't be enough until there is clear pendulum swing in the other direction. Silence is not enough. Highlighting a few, limited instances is not enough. Again, the problem is a problem within Islam and needs to be addressed within Islam or it will not be solved.

If you can't understand that, then you are truly delusional and naive.

Posted on: 2015/11/17 20:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Paris is now looking for 2 terrorist fugutives not 1 but 2 who are still at large.

UPDATE:

Hanover police found credible evidence of explosions in and around the stadium. Looking at emergency vehicle full of explosions. Still getting more updates.

Posted on: 2015/11/17 20:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The news it was a bomb stuffed in an ambulance that caused the stadium in Germany to be evacuated.

Posted on: 2015/11/17 20:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/9 1:00
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
And how many gay people has Mr. Swanson murdered? The belief that gay people should be killed is much more prevalent in the Islamic world and is state sponsored in some instances.

I don?t have a specific count on the number of people that Mr. Swanson has murdered. What I know is that he is openly expressing a desire to murder American citizens based purely on how they were born.

What I also know is that people like Benjamin Matthew Williams and [James Tyler Williams take this type of talk to heart and act on it. This is no different than those extremist priests in the Middle East screaming about murdering Americans. Well, it is, in fact, different because the person speaking is a white Christian?

Take over to abortions and you see that people like Scott Philip Roeder and Clayton Waagner have acted based on their faith as well.

Would it be acceptable to you for an American president to be scene with a Muslim screaming about killing Christians? Why is it acceptable that three presidential candidates to be on stage and hugging a guy that screams about killing gay people?

Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Noted Syrian refugee, William Hudson, was likely screaming "Allahu akbar!" before shooting his gun off.

I like this strawman that because murder exists Islamic Terrorism isn't something to be concerned about. "See everyone does it!"

Where did I write that we shouldn't be worried about Islamic terrorism?

You are eagerly downplaying with these false equivalency arguments.

Eagerly??

I?m downplaying the idea that big scary brown Muslims is a myth. I?m saying that there are bad people of all stripes and colors. When it comes to the day to day fear and concerns that we should actually bear, Muslims don?t really register. There is a lot of other problems out there that we need to be addressing.

This is all a false equivalency. Christian extremism is not a problem in modern western society. These radical positions are rejected by most Christians but embraced by a sizable percentage of Muslims. Lone wolf attackers like Holmes that you cited do not pose the same danger as a group of coordinated ideologically motivated assassins. We've seen the worst case of what an individual can carry with Anders Breivik and of course that was horrible but Islamic Terrorists are capable of and have repeatedly carried out attacks on a much wider scale. An attack much greater than 9/11 is certainly a possibility.

Posted on: 2015/11/17 20:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

third_street_hats wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Oh, I see. Refugees are "encouraged to become employed as soon as possible." The link says they apply for entry level jobs.

Considering that even educated people have problems finding employment, and that most jobs are very competitive, I'm sure this "encouragement" to find employment will go a long way.

What would you like to see in place for "encouragement"?

Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

And they receive support for their "first few months." This can only end well!

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to infer from this, but I don't think it qualifies as debate.

I take it from your comment you recognize we have no way of providing employment at all, nor living arrangements for these "refugees," beyond the first few months.

With that premise established, there is another obvious premise and that is at least a portion of these refugees will not be able to make it on their own.

With this in mind, it would seem blindingly obvious that the very last group of people you want to let in are those which have shown a historical tendency to become radicalized and commit terrorist massacres when they feel marginalized, or are not getting ahead.

Forget about the fact that it is next to impossible to screen out legitimate refugees from ISIS terrorists posing as refugees. And that ISIS had already announced they are sending terrorists to do this exact thing. I'm saying that IN ADDITION to this, legitimate Muslim refugees will become radicalized over time and commit terrorist acts.

And if the Boston Bombers were Muslim refugees who lived a comfortable life yet still did what they did, the chances are even higher for Muslim refugees who will face a life of economic hardship.

Importing these refugees is importing terrorism. And I will repeat the obvious:

Once the inevitable happens and some refugees commit terrorist massacres, "Progressives" will say the following: First, they will act shocked, as if such a thing was unfathomable to them. Then, they will blame us/society for not doing enough to take care of them. They will also say that so many refugees are here now so it is immoral and impractical to deport them.

Their ideology is naive, twisted, and dangerous. And I think the majority of Americans will strongly reject it.

Posted on: 2015/11/17 20:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Germany just evacuated the stadium in Hanover.

They evacuated the teams. They evacuated the people.

They're saying they have credible info of several explosions all over the stadium.

These ISIS muslims living in Germany are on a warpath

Posted on: 2015/11/17 20:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/12 22:36
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Oh, I see. Refugees are "encouraged to become employed as soon as possible." The link says they apply for entry level jobs.

Considering that even educated people have problems finding employment, and that most jobs are very competitive, I'm sure this "encouragement" to find employment will go a long way.

What would you like to see in place for "encouragement"?

Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to infer from this, but I don't think it qualifies as debate.

Posted on: 2015/11/17 19:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

third_street_hats wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
The details that should shape the debate over refugees:

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-sh ... -the-debate-over-refugees

Wow, something from Rachel Maddow's website! I'm sure a Rush Limbaugh opinion piece would be equally as persuasive to you.

Further, it didn't address any of the questions I raised in my post. They must be answered if you are to have the pretense of a debate.

http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=391467

Where are they going to live?

"All together, the nine domestic resettlement agencies place refugees in about 190 communities throughout the United States."

Where will they work?

"Refugees receive employment authorization upon arrival and are encouraged to become employed as soon as possible. Based on years of experience, the U.S. refugee resettlement program has found that people learn English and begin to function comfortably much faster if they start work soon after arrival. Most refugees begin in entry-level jobs, even if they have high-level skills or education. With time, many if not most refugees move ahead professionally and find both success and satisfaction in the United States."

How will they be supported?

"The Department of State?s Reception and Placement program provides assistance for refugees to settle in the United States. It supplies resettlement agencies a one-time sum per refugee to assist with meeting expenses during a refugee?s first few months in the United States. Most of these funds go toward the refugees? rent, furnishings, food, and clothing, as well as to pay the costs of agency staff salaries, office space, and other resettlement-related expenses that are not donated or provided by volunteers."

http://www.state.gov/j/prm/ra/receptionplacement/index.htm

Posted on: 2015/11/17 19:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
And how many gay people has Mr. Swanson murdered? The belief that gay people should be killed is much more prevalent in the Islamic world and is state sponsored in some instances.

I don?t have a specific count on the number of people that Mr. Swanson has murdered. What I know is that he is openly expressing a desire to murder American citizens based purely on how they were born.

What I also know is that people like Benjamin Matthew Williams and [James Tyler Williams take this type of talk to heart and act on it. This is no different than those extremist priests in the Middle East screaming about murdering Americans. Well, it is, in fact, different because the person speaking is a white Christian?

Take over to abortions and you see that people like Scott Philip Roeder and Clayton Waagner have acted based on their faith as well.

Would it be acceptable to you for an American president to be scene with a Muslim screaming about killing Christians? Why is it acceptable that three presidential candidates to be on stage and hugging a guy that screams about killing gay people?

Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Noted Syrian refugee, William Hudson, was likely screaming "Allahu akbar!" before shooting his gun off.

I like this strawman that because murder exists Islamic Terrorism isn't something to be concerned about. "See everyone does it!"

Eagerly??

I?m downplaying the idea that big scary brown Muslims is a myth. I?m saying that there are bad people of all stripes and colors. When it comes to the day to day fear and concerns that we should actually bear, Muslims don?t really register. There is a lot of other problems out there that we need to be addressing.

Quote:

BobNesta wrote:
King of Jordan taking bold steps and, as a Muslim, acknowledging that this is a war within Islam...which so many seem to avoid. http://news.yahoo.com/king-jordan-war ... t-humanity-161351407.html

These are the kinds of voices that need to be heard. These are the people that need to step up, along with Imams, Muslim groups, Muslim leaders, etc. Muslims, rescue your religion and culture by looking within and rising up against the hijacking of your religion by extremists.

You are not going to change Islamic extremism unless you change the cancerous mindset of Jihad, martyrdom, elevating death over life, etc.

More Muslims have come out against the terrorist actions in Paris than police have spoken out about certain murders of unarmed black youths. It?s pathetic that we have to keep hearing the question ?Where are the Muslims speaking out against these crimes?!?!?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles ... ate-isis-most-of-all.html

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/ ... condemn-Paris-attack.html

Posted on: 2015/11/17 19:35
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:

Wow, something from Rachel Maddow's website! I'm sure a Rush Limbaugh opinion piece would be equally as persuasive to you.

Further, it didn't address any of the questions I raised in my post. They must be answered if you are to have the pretense of a debate.

Where are they going to live?

"All together, the nine domestic resettlement agencies place refugees in about 190 communities throughout the United States."

Where will they work?

"Refugees receive employment authorization upon arrival and are encouraged to become employed as soon as possible. Based on years of experience, the U.S. refugee resettlement program has found that people learn English and begin to function comfortably much faster if they start work soon after arrival. Most refugees begin in entry-level jobs, even if they have high-level skills or education. With time, many if not most refugees move ahead professionally and find both success and satisfaction in the United States."

How will they be supported?

"The Department of State?s Reception and Placement program provides assistance for refugees to settle in the United States. It supplies resettlement agencies a one-time sum per refugee to assist with meeting expenses during a refugee?s first few months in the United States. Most of these funds go toward the refugees? rent, furnishings, food, and clothing, as well as to pay the costs of agency staff salaries, office space, and other resettlement-related expenses that are not donated or provided by volunteers."

http://www.state.gov/j/prm/ra/receptionplacement/index.htm

Posted on: 2015/11/17 19:28

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/6 18:15
From DT
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/11/17 19:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:

Posted on: 2015/11/17 19:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/11/17 19:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

third_street_hats wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

sam2goody wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
[garbage]
Asif, an ISIS sympathizer, ...... [/garbage]

This is even worse than what I would expect to see on an online forum. Do you really label everyone who disagrees with you as a terrorist? If you could just take it down a notch, you could contribute to this discussion without popping a hernia.

If you frequent this forum, you'd see that I disagree with people all the time. It is only Asif who is literally an ISIS sympathizer.

Here is his post that I am referring to:

http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=391254

In it, he suggests that we shouldn't be surprised of the result of the Paris terrorist attacks because is part of the "imperialist West," its "imperialist violence," and it has a "blood-stained finger."

In case you are unaware, Osama Bin Laden used to make the same kind of statements.

This goes far beyond disagreement and Asif absolutely deserves to land on a terrorist watch list for this post, if he hasn't already.

Remember that many of these terrorists do not publicly state their intentions before they act. In fact, for the Paris attacks, one was a baker who apparently didn't even discuss religion very much.

The quote you keep attributing to Asif is from the Salon.com article he pasted, in full, several posts prior to that. It is correctly attributable to Ben Norton, the writer of the piece.

That wasn't clear from his post but thank you. Ben Norton should be on the list then. However, although quoting someone else's reprehensible statements isn't as bad, the fact remains that this is the same sentiment expressed by Osama Bin Laden.

The fact that a "progressive" outlet has completely lost sight of that, or doesn't care, speaks volumes about the current state of their ideology.

Posted on: 2015/11/17 18:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

sam2goody wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
[garbage]

This is even worse than what I would expect to see on an online forum. Do you really label everyone who disagrees with you as a terrorist? If you could just take it down a notch, you could contribute to this discussion without popping a hernia.

If you frequent this forum, you'd see that I disagree with people all the time. It is only Asif who is literally an ISIS sympathizer.

In it, he suggests that we shouldn't be surprised of the result of the Paris terrorist attacks because is part of the "imperialist West," its "imperialist violence," and it has a "blood-stained finger."

In case you are unaware, Osama Bin Laden used to make the same kind of statements.

This goes far beyond disagreement and Asif absolutely deserves to land on a terrorist watch list for this post, if he hasn't already.

Remember that many of these terrorists do not publicly state their intentions before they act. In fact, for the Paris attacks, one was a baker who apparently didn't even discuss religion very much.

The quote you keep attributing to Asif is from the Salon.com article he pasted, in full, several posts prior to that. It is correctly attributable to Ben Norton, the writer of the piece.

Posted on: 2015/11/17 18:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
As for the "refugees," we do not even take care of our homeless people. Where are they going to live?

Most of them are uneducated and unskilled. Where will they work? How will they be supported?

The Boston Bombers were Muslim refugees who had much better living conditions.

Once the inevitable happens and some refugees commit terrorist massacres, "Progressives" will say the following: First, they will act shocked, as if such a thing was unfathomable to them. Then, they will blame us/society for not doing enough to take care of them. They will also say that so many refugees are here now so it is immoral and impractical to deport them.

Their ideology is naive, twisted, and dangerous. And I think the majority of Americans will strongly reject it.

Posted on: 2015/11/17 18:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/26 20:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCorNYC wrote:
Americans thought we will never be touched then 9/11 happened.

Other States poke fun at NYers that we jump with every High Alerts after 9/11. Then the Boston Bombing happened and the rest of the States shuts their mouth.

Europe thought it is only USA that will get targeted by terrorists

Maybe you are very young. Maybe you are very provincial. Maybe both. Terrorism wasn't invented in NY in 2011 and it wasn't invented by muslims. Europe is quite familiar with terrorism - Red Army Faction, ETA, Carlos the Jackal, the IRA all in recent times but well before any of this stuff ever washed up on our shores in any meaningful fashion. And even here in the U.S. - the OK City bombing, the Atlanta Olympics, random abortion clinic bombings, mass shooters (no less terrorists than the guy with the exploding vest.)

What is the common thread among all of these groups and events? People who feel marginalized in some way or other. Politically, economically, socially, romantically. They've all been made to feel "less" in some way, whether those slights are real or imagined. Is marginalizing an entire class of people further going to make them less likely to react angrily or more?

And, for the record: states can't dictate immigration policy. The Jindals and Christies of the world can jump up on their populist, red-meat boxes all they want but - as with most things political - it's empty rhetoric.

Posted on: 2015/11/17 18:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sam2goody wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
[garbage]

Posted on: 2015/11/17 18:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I am listening to a report that it appears the suicide bombers detonated prematurely. The explosive used was TATP which apparently is really unstable. Even exposing it to the wrong type of light can set it off.

Posted on: 2015/11/17 18:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:

Posted on: 2015/11/17 18:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
It's obvious that a literal interpretation of the koran is incompatible with western society.

True. Just like the old testament and much of the new testament.

Do modern Christians stone people? Honor Killings are still a thing in Islam.

Kevin Swanson held a rally in order to advocate for the murder of gay people. Sadly, three people running for president attended this event.

Honor killings aren't occurring in America at nearly the same rate as gay people are getting murdered due to bigotry...

Posted on: 2015/11/17 18:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Do Americans know France is a liberal country? Well they are. Since the Paris bombing, they have become a Gestapo thanks to muslims. This shouldn't be. But why must they push people to become one? Europe has changed now.

right? The looney Christians in the South are contained only in the South. They don't travel all over North America, The East Coast, Europe, Asia, doing suicide mission, the muslim Boston Bombers did that, or bombing planes. I swear some people here always find excuses and point fingers. it boggles my mind.

Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
It's obvious that a literal interpretation of the koran is incompatible with western society.

Do modern Christians stone people? Honor killings are still a thing in Islam.

Posted on: 2015/11/17 18:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:

Posted on: 2015/11/17 18:02
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:

Do modern Christians stone people? Honor Killings are still a thing in Islam.

Kevin Swanson held a rally in order to advocate for the murder of gay people. Sadly, three people running for president attended this event.

Honor killings aren't occurring in America at nearly the same rate as gay people are getting murdered due to bigotry...

Posted on: 2015/11/17 18:00
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:

Posted on: 2015/11/17 17:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/11/17 17:56
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:

Do modern Christians stone people? Honor killings are still a thing in Islam.

Posted on: 2015/11/17 17:56

« 1 ... 10 11 12 (13) 14 15 16 ... 19 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017