Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
77 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 77

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »

Re: Chick-fil-A, on the way!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCorNYC wrote:
I finally check what the hoopla was all about.
My verdict, it's "aight"
What is the big deal? It's a bit salty. I do like their Chik-fil-A sauce.

Bottomline, I still prefer Popeyes!

Popeyes is great as well. Also, different people have different tastes but personally I love salty food.

Posted on: 2015/11/19 3:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/1 18:03
Group:
Registered Users
I finally check what the hoopla was all about.
My verdict, it's "aight"
What is the big deal? It's a bit salty. I do like their Chik-fil-A sauce.

Bottomline, I still prefer Popeyes!

Posted on: 2015/11/19 2:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RickSp wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
As I mentioned, the views of the dead founder themselves are extraneous to making a choice over what to have for a meal. The vast majority of people simply don't care. I find it curious you do, but as I said, knock yourself out.

The views I refer to are the hateful views of Dan Cathy who is alive and well and getting rich peddling sandwiches.

Ok, I'll modify:

As I mentioned, the views of the founder's son or family are extraneous to making a choice over what to have for a meal. The vast majority of people simply don't care. I find it curious you do, but as I said, knock yourself out.

Posted on: 2015/11/19 1:13

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/27 20:26
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
As I mentioned, the views of the dead founder themselves are extraneous to making a choice over what to have for a meal. The vast majority of people simply don't care. I find it curious you do, but as I said, knock yourself out.

The views I refer to are the hateful views of Dan Cathy who is alive and well and getting rich peddling sandwiches.

Posted on: 2015/11/19 0:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RickSp wrote:
JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

And you are free to do so. I regard this as being a rebel without a cause, but knock yourself out.

I find it amusing that this seems to matter to you.
I am just a consumer making an informed choice and yet you manage to introduce race and other extraneous issues into the discussion. I suspect you are revealing too much. Do you feel the need to defend Cathy and his worldview?

Posted on: 2015/11/19 0:42

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

And you are free to do so. I regard this as being a rebel without a cause, but knock yourself out.

I find it amusing that this seems to matter to you.
I am just a consumer making an informed choice and yet you manage to introduce race and other extraneous issues into the discussion. I suspect you are revealing too much. Do you feel the need to defend Cathy and his worldview?

Posted on: 2015/11/19 0:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RickSp wrote:
Quote:
I think "opposing bigotry" is an extraordinarily broad and vague concept, that you could apply it to all sorts of people (including these recent college protests where black students are explicitly saying how terrible "white fuckers" are), and that it makes absolutely no sense to inject political views into a consideration of what you feel like having for a meal.

Especially when, as you say, the founder has absolutely no chance of achieving his agenda.

But you are free to take whatever stance you want.

Nothing broad or vague about it. I won't buy a chicken sandwich from a wealthy bigot. Not very complicated.

Posted on: 2015/11/18 23:50

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
I think "opposing bigotry" is an extraordinarily broad and vague concept, that you could apply it to all sorts of people (including these recent college protests where black students are explicitly saying how terrible "white fuckers" are), and that it makes absolutely no sense to inject political views into a consideration of what you feel like having for a meal.

Especially when, as you say, the founder has absolutely no chance of achieving his agenda.

Nothing broad or vague about it. I won't buy a chicken sandwich from a wealthy bigot. Not very complicated.

Posted on: 2015/11/18 23:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RickSp wrote:
So you think that opposing bigotry is peculiar? Odd. There are too many other good alternatives than to support Dan Cathy's hateful views.

Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
All the more reason why your stance against them seems peculiar at best, but like I said, it's a free country.

Posted on: 2015/11/18 23:36

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
So you think that opposing bigotry is peculiar? Odd. There are too many other good alternatives than to support Dan Cathy's hateful views.

Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
All the more reason why your stance against them seems peculiar at best, but like I said, it's a free country.

Posted on: 2015/11/18 23:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RickSp wrote:

Dan Cathy has lost the battle in any case. His bigotry did nothing to stop marriage equality.

Posted on: 2015/11/18 22:32

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

RickSp wrote:
I refuse to put even one penny into Dan Cathy's pocket. I won't support his bigotry.

Go ahead. That's your right.

Of course, millions of Americans disagree with you and his franchise has been absolutely booming despite a general downturn in the fast food industry, but you are free to do what you want.

Dan Cathy has lost the battle in any case. His bigotry did nothing to stop marriage equality. I still won't support the sumbitch, even if many misguided Americans do. The good news these days is that there are many good restaurants in Jersey City. There is no need to patronize fast-food bigots.

Posted on: 2015/11/18 21:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RickSp wrote:
I refuse to put even one penny into Dan Cathy's pocket. I won't support his bigotry.

Go ahead. That's your right.

Of course, millions of Americans disagree with you and his franchise has been absolutely booming despite a general downturn in the fast food industry, but you are free to do what you want.

Posted on: 2015/11/18 19:53

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Nope. S. Truett Cathy is dead. Dan Cathy, his homophobic son, is alive and well, aged 62.

Posted on: 2015/11/18 18:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Just as a heads-up to allergy prone folks, Chick-fil-A fries their chicken in peanut oil. It is up for debate whether the allergy-related protein in peanut oil gets destroyed by heat, but if you're very allergic, most agree it's best to avoid it.

Posted on: 2015/11/18 17:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/11/18 17:10

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/11/18 14:59

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/8 19:56
Group:
Registered Users
This thread is ridiculous.

Went by today. Delicious as expected and great customer service. Got very busy during lunch - around 12:30. If i HAVE to go the mall, at least I know I can get me some Chik-fil-a while there.

Posted on: 2015/11/17 0:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
lol @JCMan8 you really do enjoy arguing with everyone dont you.

Put it this way. I'd like to think I am a very principled person, and I will never back down from a argument.

Posted on: 2015/11/13 22:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/21 14:20
Group:
Registered Users
lol @JCMan8 you really do enjoy arguing with everyone dont you.

Posted on: 2015/11/13 20:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Now you are just getting into semantics. I've already told you that my usage of high quality refers to taste. You admit yourself you like it. And clearly, millions of Americans feel the same way.

So my motivations are simple. I'm celebrating the addition of an outlet that provides high quality (fast) food.

Yours however, are far more curious. Not only did your initial posts have nothing to do with the issue you now champion, you admit yourself that you like the taste. I'm sure there are plenty of products which are both unhealthy and which you don't like the taste, yet you are silent.

Posted on: 2015/11/13 16:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
Perhaps you should be more curious about your own motivations, Jman8.

Many of your posts about Chick-fil-A indeed focus on your opinion that they sell a very high quality product. I?m not singling out an isolated statement. You?re welcome to believe factory farmed chicken that is selectively bred for accelerated growth and unnatural size is the foundation for quality poultry, but that?s just an opinion. Yes, it?s true that Chick-fil-A is a popular restaurant chain, but not because they sell a great quality product?because people, including myself, simply like the way it tastes. It?s still junk food that relies on modern food science to compensate for its questionable provenance.

Posted on: 2015/11/13 13:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Frank_M wrote:
Jcman8, you didn't say that Chick-fil-A was healthy or unhealthy, nor was healthfulness the focus of what I wrote. It's just a concept you latched on to, like "organic," perhaps so you could avoid standing by your own remark about "extraordinary quality" that hardly represents the reality of their products.

Come on, I know we disagree but I thought you were smarter than that.

Anyone with a clue knows that saying it "isn't particularly healthy" is another way of saying "unhealthy."

And the entire point of your screed was to call it "unhealthy junk food by any standard," which again, was never disputed. Thought you had better reading comprehension than that.

Now you are being misleading, in that you omit the fact that the bulk of food sold in this country is unhealthy, but what you are saying is factually correct.

You can choose to latch on my remark that the food is of "extraordinary quality." I stand by it, keeping in mind the context. The guy I responded to couldn't seem to believe that the Newport mall would rent their "highly desirable" fast food space to a place that's closed on Sundays. The reason that doesn't matter is because of the great quality of their food, making them mobbed the other 6 days of the week. And as I made clear throughout the thread, we are talking about extraordinary quality for fast food.

Now I'm curious as to your motivations. You pop up out of the blue with some petty off-topic remark, clearly stemming from hurt feelings. You gain absolutely no support for your remarks, and you slink away back into the shadows. And here you are again, popping up with a scarecrow filled post. Curious case indeed.

Posted on: 2015/11/13 3:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Jcman8, you didn't say that Chick-fil-A was healthy or unhealthy, nor was healthfulness the focus of what I wrote. It's just a concept you latched on to, like "organic," perhaps so you could avoid standing by your own remark about "extraordinary quality" that hardly represents the reality of their products.

Posted on: 2015/11/13 0:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Frank_M wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Please quote where I said Chick-Fil-A is healthy. Because in fact I said the opposite.

You didn?t say either. You wrote that it was food of ?extraordinary quality,? and became defensive at the suggestion that it isn?t.

Poor Frank, right from post #49:

Quote:
The food isn't particularly healthy, but neither is 75% of the food sold in this country. Plus it's very good.

They are phenomenally successful for a reason. Haters gonna hate.

And I know you read that post because it set you off on your petty extremely off topic diversion. So feel free to keep showing off your farming skills. Those scarecrows won't knock down themselves!

Posted on: 2015/11/12 23:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Please quote where I said Chick-Fil-A is healthy. Because in fact I said the opposite.

You didn?t say either. You wrote that it was food of ?extraordinary quality,? and became defensive at the suggestion that it isn?t.

Posted on: 2015/11/12 22:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Frank_M wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
The reason this came up is a poster used the fact that Chik Fil A does not claim to sell "organic" meat as a basis to attack them. I pointed out how silly this was.

There was no attack by said poster, and his argument against their product wasn't based solely on whether they use organically produced meat.

A Chick-fil-A sandwich is certainly tasty, but in order to produce so many of them every day, factory farming becomes a necessity, and factory farmed poultry is nothing special in terms of flavor and texture, never mind the multitude of ills that go with the practice. It sure isn?t nonna?s chicken cutlet in those foil-lined bags.

Perhaps you also discount the reality that the fast-food industry, which includes Chick-fil-A just like it includes McDonald?s, has driven food science into a highly advanced field that allows mediocre products to taste better than they otherwise could.

Nobody is telling you to stop enjoying Chick-fil-A, but it?s unhealthy junk food by almost any standard and nothing special compared to good cooking with quality meats. There?s no need to defend the company or argue about the unfortunate use of ?organic? as a misleading advertising term. Enjoy your vices all you want, but don?t bother trying to rationalize them into goodness. Vices aren?t supposed to be good.

You sure are good at propping up strawmen and knocking them down. Please quote where I said Chick-Fil-A is healthy. Because in fact I said the opposite.

What I did say is that it is very high quality for the fast food that it is (referring to taste), that people absolutely LOVE them (meanwhile places like McDonalds are seeing declining sales), and that they really know how to run a business.

Oh yeah, and this is a great addition for local JC residents.

Posted on: 2015/11/12 22:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
The reason this came up is a poster used the fact that Chik Fil A does not claim to sell "organic" meat as a basis to attack them. I pointed out how silly this was.

There was no attack by said poster, and his argument against their product wasn't based solely on whether they use organically produced meat.

A Chick-fil-A sandwich is certainly tasty, but in order to produce so many of them every day, factory farming becomes a necessity, and factory farmed poultry is nothing special in terms of flavor and texture, never mind the multitude of ills that go with the practice. It sure isn?t nonna?s chicken cutlet in those foil-lined bags.

Perhaps you also discount the reality that the fast-food industry, which includes Chick-fil-A just like it includes McDonald?s, has driven food science into a highly advanced field that allows mediocre products to taste better than they otherwise could.

Nobody is telling you to stop enjoying Chick-fil-A, but it?s unhealthy junk food by almost any standard and nothing special compared to good cooking with quality meats. There?s no need to defend the company or argue about the unfortunate use of ?organic? as a misleading advertising term. Enjoy your vices all you want, but don?t bother trying to rationalize them into goodness. Vices aren?t supposed to be good.

Posted on: 2015/11/12 21:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
Fair enough, the majority of organic lovers probably do think it's healthier somehow. But I can understand the aversion or fright of pesticides and antibiotics making their way downstream. The FDA and other regulatory agencies have been wrong or slow on plenty of things in the past.

And make fun of organic lovers all you want, but at least their heart is in the right place and they do no harm by it, unlike anti-vaccine people. In the end, a person's preference for organic is a personal choice and won't affect anyone else, so long as they don't become militant about it and harass others. And maybe their personal choice will have the added benefit of preventing environmental contamination.

Agreed with all that. I never said anything about anti vaccine people. The reason this came up is a poster used the fact that Chik Fil A does not claim to sell "organic" meat as a basis to attack them. I pointed out how silly this was.

I'm 100% for people following their preferences and doing what they want so long as they don't become radical about it and harass others.

Posted on: 2015/11/12 18:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Fair enough, the majority of organic lovers probably do think it's healthier somehow. But I can understand the aversion or fright of pesticides and antibiotics making their way downstream. The FDA and other regulatory agencies have been wrong or slow on plenty of things in the past.

And make fun of organic lovers all you want, but at least their heart is in the right place and they do no harm by it, unlike anti-vaccine people. In the end, a person's preference for organic is a personal choice and won't affect anyone else, so long as they don't become militant about it and harass others. And maybe their personal choice will have the added benefit of preventing environmental contamination.

Posted on: 2015/11/12 18:35

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017