Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 11 »

Re: Fulop wants to change the election from May to November
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

5. Part the curtains and exit the voting booth.

You mean confessionals are not obligatory?

Posted on: 2015/11/3 3:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

gotta love jclist! where trolls get trolled.

Posted on: 2015/11/3 3:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe the mailman threw them away.

Posted on: 2015/11/3 3:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/16 6:03
From DT JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:

Just asking, but why do you believe that you are not receiving a ballot and I am? Do you believe they are intentionally preventing you from receiving a paper copy of the sample ballot?

I wouldn't venture to speculate regarding the reasons why I've never received a sample ballot. I'd much rather leave it to the Feds to show up at the County Offices one day and find out why Hudson County is incapable of even this simple task in administering our electoral process adequately.

What I do know is this: I have a voter registration card with all details correct and when I show up to vote my name is on the list, yet I have NEVER received a sample ballot for a Hudson County administered election. It makes me wonder what else they're ?missing.?

Rest assured though, one thing I am not going to do is to complain to the County, as someone here suggested, let alone repeatedly - "How many time have I complained...". That would be a total waste of my time. Obviously, they're incompetent ? evidenced by the fact that they can't even organize to send mail to someone on their list of registered voters.

So those are my thoughts about this mess, but by all means feel free to draw your own conclusions.

Posted on: 2015/11/3 2:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
I received the call. It wasn't clear and I didn't get the whole name.

Posted on: 2015/11/3 2:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Did anyone else get the lame robo call from the Jersey City Civic Committee to vote no tomorrow?

Something like?the move will create a confusing ballot combining voting for President , Governor, Senator, Mayor, and School Board on one ballot. You could be voting up to 14 times in one trip to the voting booth. Also the move will cause the runoffs to move from June to December a time that is for the holidays. Wow.

Posted on: 2015/11/3 2:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Have you read the resolutions at council meetings, Pebble? We are giving tons of contracts to law firms that have connections to Fulop. Stop with the high and mighty. We spend $100 million from our $540 million budget on contracts. And that does not include what we give from the MUA.

You mean like the law firm of DeCotiis, Fitzpatrick & Cole that now employs Bill Matsikoudis the lawyer who represented you and your friends in the ballot question law suit?

Posted on: 2015/11/3 2:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Have you read the resolutions at council meetings, Pebble? We are giving tons of contracts to law firms that have connections to Fulop. Stop with the high and mighty. We spend $100 million from our $540 million budget on contracts. And that does not include what we give from the MUA.

Posted on: 2015/11/2 22:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Trimming the budget? Let's see, Healy's last budget $489 million, let's round it to $490 million. Fulop's last budget $540 million. I see an increased in spending of over $50 million, but let's only cut the budget every 4 years and save taxpayers 8 or 9 cents. By the way, who works those books during elections? Well, it is usually senior citizens collecting Social Security.

Not for nothing, Yvonne, but Healy was a morally corrupt scumbag. He is lucky to not be sitting in jail right now.

As for his budgets, we all know the game of putting off the problems for the next person...

Ultimately, we are coming up on an election. So, going forward what are some ways we can trim money from the budget? Stop talking about abatements and other crap, let's look at what is actually real and viable.

Posted on: 2015/11/2 22:39
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Trimming the budget? Let's see, Healy's last budget $489 million, let's round it to $490 million. Fulop's last budget $540 million. I see an increased in spending of over $50 million, but let's only cut the budget every 4 years and save taxpayers 8 or 9 cents. By the way, who works those books during elections? Well, it is usually senior citizens collecting Social Security.

Posted on: 2015/11/2 22:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Bamb00zle wrote:
I am not the least bit concerned about the Post Office. As I said, I receive all my other mail.

As indicated in my earlier post, my concerns rest firmly with the City and County, and their willingness and competence to administer the electoral process adequately. Complaining to the same people (County) who are demonstrably and repeatedly unable to mail me a sample ballot seems a pointless exercise to me. They've already shown they're not capable of even the simplest administrative task.

Just asking, but why do you believe that you are not receiving a ballot and I am? Do you believe they are intentionally preventing you from receiving a paper copy of the sample ballot?

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I don't know about spies but I know the math. $5 million dollars is equal to one dollar on the tax rate. So one million is twenty cents and a half a million is a dime. So we are saving a whooping eight or nine cents. Sent the taxpayers a check!

The expense exists and comes from somewhere. Why are you not in favor of trimming some fat from the overall budget?

I can understand your concern for those that get confused over a bloated ballot. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how you can argue in favor of spending more money for such little gain.

Posted on: 2015/11/2 22:11
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I don't know about spies but I know the math. $5 million dollars is equal to one dollar on the tax rate. So one million is twenty cents and a half a million is a dime. So we are saving a whooping eight or nine cents. Sent the taxpayers a check!

Posted on: 2015/11/2 21:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/21 23:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Fulop sent out a flyer saying the city will save $400,000 each year by moving the election to November. I questioned that on facebook since the election is every 4 years. Now I hear he will send an amended version.

From your spies you have imbedded in city hall?

Posted on: 2015/11/2 21:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Fulop sent out a flyer saying the city will save $400,000 each year by moving the election to November. I questioned that on facebook since the election is every 4 years. Now I hear he will send an amended version.

Posted on: 2015/11/2 21:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Bamb00zle wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Bamb00zle wrote:
Quote:

K-Lo wrote:
Quote:
In all the years I have lived and voted here, I have NEVER been mailed a sample ballot....

Seriously? Both DH and I each receive one before every single election.

Yes, seriously, NEVER. And I haven't received one for this election either.

Actually, it's very serious - speaks to the inability of City and County Government (or is it unwillingness...?) to oversee a fair and unbiased electoral process. One day, in my wildest dreams the Feds will investigate and the whole mess will be exposed for what it is.

Do you have the proper address on file? Do you live in an apartment building in which others might be getting your mail?

Annoyingly, I still have election ballots coming for people that haven't lived in my house for years.

My voter registration card has all the correct details for me, including my mailing address. I've NEVER received a sample ballot. The idea that somehow every election my sample ballot is delivered to someone else isn't believable - I receive ALL my other mail, and I've lived in the same small, 4-family building the entire time.

It reminds of when I first registered to vote in Jersey City, shortly after moving here. I applied about 6 weeks before the election, yet my voter registration card didn't arrive until about 3 weeks AFTER the election....

I wish I could believe it was plain, simple incompetence. Unfortunately, I can't. I really do hope the Feds take a long, hard look one day....

How many times did you contact County Elections?
http://www.hudsoncountyclerk.org/elections/

Sorry but it's very hard to believe.

Posted on: 2015/11/2 21:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From DT JC
Group:
Registered Users
I am not the least bit concerned about the Post Office. As I said, I receive all my other mail.

As indicated in my earlier post, my concerns rest firmly with the City and County, and their willingness and competence to administer the electoral process adequately. Complaining to the same people (County) who are demonstrably and repeatedly unable to mail me a sample ballot seems a pointless exercise to me. They've already shown they're not capable of even the simplest administrative task.

Posted on: 2015/11/2 21:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Bamb00zle wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Bamb00zle wrote:
Quote:

K-Lo wrote:
Quote:
In all the years I have lived and voted here, I have NEVER been mailed a sample ballot....

Actually, it's very serious - speaks to the inability of City and County Government (or is it unwillingness...?) to oversee a fair and unbiased electoral process. One day, in my wildest dreams the Feds will investigate and the whole mess will be exposed for what it is.

Do you have the proper address on file? Do you live in an apartment building in which others might be getting your mail?

Annoyingly, I still have election ballots coming for people that haven't lived in my house for years.

My voter registration card has all the correct details for me, including my mailing address. I've NEVER received a sample ballot. The idea that somehow every election my sample ballot is delivered to someone else isn't believable - I receive ALL my other mail, and I've lived in the same small, 4-family building the entire time.

It reminds of when I first registered to vote in Jersey City, shortly after moving here. I applied about 6 weeks before the election, yet my voter registration card didn't arrive until about 3 weeks AFTER the election....

I wish I could believe it was plain, simple incompetence. Unfortunately, I can't. I really do hope the Feds take a long, hard look one day....

I'm not doubting that you haven't received one, but do you honestly believe that the post-office is intentionally preventing you, personally, from receiving one? Why do you think this would be the case? What conspiracy do you think is occurring in order to prevent you from receiving a sample ballot yet still allowing you to vote in the general election?

Have you spoken with your neighbors and/or landlord regarding whether they received the sample ballot?

Given your frustrations, you should visit this website to gather the information for tomorrow's elections: http://www.hudsoncountyclerk.org/elections/

Posted on: 2015/11/2 20:42
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From DT JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Bamb00zle wrote:
Quote:

K-Lo wrote:
Quote:

Posted on: 2015/11/2 20:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Bamb00zle wrote:
Quote:

K-Lo wrote:
Quote:

Posted on: 2015/11/2 18:52
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From DT JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

K-Lo wrote:
Quote:

Posted on: 2015/11/2 18:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/8/23 20:19
From York & Grove
Group:
Banned
This is such an insane argument by a clearly senile Yvonne. We are supposed to be catering to blind confused voters by having a separate election? Really? I'm pretty sure if someone doesn't have the ability to read the ballot, I don't want them voting.

Posted on: 2015/11/2 18:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
The last name is large, the first name is small. Not everyone has good vision, so why crowd the ballot and make it more confusing.

I'm sorry, but that is patently ridiculous. We don't restrict the number of candidates, or items on a ballot, because it makes the text too small.

Quote:
Plus, the change means the county is pick up the cost in November. Considering the number of tax abated building in JC which pay only 5%, that burden will fall on regular taxpayers, which is not fair.

2 elections are more expensive than 1.

Got any more rationalizations?

Posted on: 2015/11/2 17:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Posted on: 2015/11/2 17:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From DT JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
[quote]
In fact, you presently have a ballot sitting at home. It might even be in front of you.

Posted on: 2015/11/2 17:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
?and isn?t the ballot in the voting booth enlarged ?

What Happens When You Go to Vote in New Jersey: A Step-by-Step Guide

Published on Sep 4, 2012
What happens when you go o vote in New Jersey? Many people who have never voted are unsure of the process.
We look at the mechanics of voting in the Garden State in this step by step guide produced in cooperation with the League of Women Voters of New Jersey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bbmod3PG8M

Posted on: 2015/11/2 15:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
The last name is large, the first name is small. Not everyone has good vision, so why crowd the ballot and make it more confusing. Plus, the change means the county is pick up the cost in November. Considering the number of tax abated building in JC which pay only 5%, that burden will fall on regular taxpayers, which is not fair.

Just to reiterate... You will have the ballot before the election. In fact, you presently have a ballot sitting at home. It might even be in front of you.

Why are you not capable of looking at the ballot now? If you find the type to be small, why are you not taking out a magnifying glass to learn where, specifically, on the ballot your candidate is?

Lastly, your issue has to do with a freak incident in which two brothers ran against each other. Sounds to me like they should have recognized the confusion that they would create and removed themselves. How many times will this issue occur in the future? To spend a ton of money more and have lower voter turnout continue based on the off chance that two candidates on the ballot could have the same name seems to be beyond absurd.

Posted on: 2015/11/2 15:42
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The last name is large, the first name is small. Not everyone has good vision, so why crowd the ballot and make it more confusing. Plus, the change means the county is pick up the cost in November. Considering the number of tax abated building in JC which pay only 5%, that burden will fall on regular taxpayers, which is not fair.

Posted on: 2015/11/2 14:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
In 1992, there were people to help you vote too. But the last name is enlarge and the first name is not. Anyone with a similar or same last name will be hurt. In 2017 you have the governor, freeholder, probably an assembly, and school board races, then who knows how many questions. There has been five questions in the past. Why should voters be stuck with mayor, at large, and ward races? At least in 1992, we had larger screen size. Don't tell me we are saving money. Have you seen the council agenda? Tons of money goes to outside lawfirms while the city also have tons of lawyers on the payroll. We spend millions on contracts. If the city want to save money then cut out the contracts.

What you are complaining about was caused by two people having the same name on the ballot. It has absolutely nothing to do with the date of the election nor the number of candidates.

It has also been pointed out that you have the ballot sitting at home at this very moment. You have the ability to read it over and learn where each candidate is located and which buttons you have to push. Seems to me that if you can't figure it out, you have no one to blame but yourself if you vote for the wrong person.

Posted on: 2015/11/2 14:46
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
In 1992, there were people to help you vote too. But the last name is enlarge and the first name is not. Anyone with a similar or same last name will be hurt. In 2017 you have the governor, freeholder, probably an assembly, and school board races, then who knows how many questions. There has been five questions in the past. Why should voters be stuck with mayor, at large, and ward races? At least in 1992, we had larger screen size. Don't tell me we are saving money. Have you seen the council agenda? Tons of money goes to outside lawfirms while the city also have tons of lawyers on the payroll. We spend millions on contracts. If the city want to save money then cut out the contracts.

Posted on: 2015/10/31 22:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
In 1992, Lou Manzo lost because his brother who had the same last name also ran. Lou got around 6,000 votes, his brother who won the top ballot received 4,000 votes and the winner Schundler received around 7,000 votes. I spoke to many seniors to told me that got confused and voted for the wrong person.

1) Voting machines have changed since 1992.

2) There are attendants who can help voters use the machine properly.

3) Something like what you're describing has absolutely nothing to do with the date of the election, and everything to do with how the machine is laid out.

4) I'm pretty sure most of the US votes along the lines of the proposal, and it does not destroy democracy.

Posted on: 2015/10/31 21:34

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 11 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017