Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
116 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 116

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Man Shot & Killed - Grand & Communipaw
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Sommerman wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
"Progressives" hate the broken windows policy, call it "racist," and rail against it every chance they get. And I agree their constant demonization of the police and martyring of thugs and violent criminals is like a virus.

And yet, DeBlasio hired Bratten as did Guiliani.

This is true, one of the few good moves DeBlasio has made. However, since everything I said is true, the "progressives" on the NY City Council are doing everything they can to end broken windows policing.

Bowing to this pressure, even DeBlasio said: "We believe in quality-of-life enforcement," de Blasio said. "Commissioner Bratton and I are absolutely united on this point. But I've said many times that, you know, the broken windows approach, the enforcement of quality of life offensives is a basic strategy that we will always look at and consider with changing times."

http://m.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc ... s-works-article-1.2204978

You'd think with a rising crime rate, anyone with sense would be clamoring for a return to what worked: stop and frisk and actual broken windows policing (not an "updated" version for "changing times"). After all, it is mainly poor minority communities that are hurt most by "progressive" efforts to end these effective techniques.

Let's hope NYC doesn't go down the "progressive" road of neutering police, emboldening criminals, and then blaming the government for not doing enough to stem crime.

Posted on: 2015/10/28 15:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

trambone wrote:
It seems it is mostly Uncle's Dollar. The barber shop antics seem to stay inside at least. People stop by Uncle's Dollar at all times, double park, and walk out with nothing. I wonder what so many people could be stopping by a "dollar store" for and never walk out with a purchase?

I suggest you setup a camcorder and film it, then upload it to YouTube

Posted on: 2015/10/28 15:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/30 16:48
Group:
Registered Users
If you go on google maps street view someone is double parked or parked in front of the fire hydrant on pacific ave in front of Uncle's Dollar.

Posted on: 2015/10/28 13:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Mao wrote:
The broken windows theory has been proven true- as much as any theory in the social sciences can be proven. Those who benefit the most from the order are the poor and minority populations who cannot pick up and move out.

I think that there has been a noticeable deterioration in the Lafayette neighborhood in the past two years. I 've heard some say more aggressive policing up the hill has brought drug dealers down into Lafayette. On Pacific Avenue, Uncle's Dollar and the barber shop between Communipau and Lafayette have turned what was a quiet residential and improving portion of the neighborhood inside out. Double parked cars booming music until midnight, motor cycles and dance club activity in the barbershop, plus the antics of the bar around the corner which generates shootings with regularity but has still not been shut down.

It seems it is mostly Uncle's Dollar. The barber shop antics seem to stay inside at least. People stop by Uncle's Dollar at all times, double park, and walk out with nothing. I wonder what so many people could be stopping by a "dollar store" for and never walk out with a purchase?

Posted on: 2015/10/28 5:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
And the mother of the slain black police officer Holder demands that De Blasio re-institute stop and frisk.

Posted on: 2015/10/27 22:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/15 0:07
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
"Progressives" hate the broken windows policy, call it "racist," and rail against it every chance they get. And I agree their constant demonization of the police and martyring of thugs and violent criminals is like a virus.

And yet, DeBlasio hired Bratten as did Guiliani.

Posted on: 2015/10/27 22:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
12/12 0:04
Group:
Registered Users
The broken windows theory has been proven true- as much as any theory in the social sciences can be proven. Those who benefit the most from the order are the poor and minority populations who cannot pick up and move out.

I think that there has been a noticeable deterioration in the Lafayette neighborhood in the past two years. I 've heard some say more aggressive policing up the hill has brought drug dealers down into Lafayette. On Pacific Avenue, Uncle's Dollar and the barber shop between Communipau and Lafayette have turned what was a quiet residential and improving portion of the neighborhood inside out. Double parked cars booming music until midnight, motor cycles and dance club activity in the barbershop, plus the antics of the bar around the corner which generates shootings with regularity but has still not been shut down.

Posted on: 2015/10/27 20:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
The requisite 'shrine' is already up where the young man was killed. T shirt with signatures mounted on the wall, candles and Hennessey bottles, etc.

Nobody is truly dead unless there is a white shirt enshrined...

As an aside, this isn't just done for gang-bangers and hood rats. It's also done for people that beloved in an area...

I know, and I almost always make the sign of the cross when I pass such a shrine because every life is a loss in the end. Everyone is born an innocent. I have an aunt whose husband died driving while having a heart attack-until she stopped driving at 92 she would go 5 miles out of her way to her house to avoid the spot of his demise. And she did this for 50 years!

I agree on that front, but I was referencing the white t-shirt and candles. An old white guy that basically just sat in front of his house and was friends with neighbors had passed from natural causes. Upon his death, they used his plastic white chair and put a white t-shirt on it, signed it and then encircled it with candles. This was about a year ago.

Should I go, I expect a white t-shirt!

Posted on: 2015/10/27 19:44
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Mao wrote:
That's two murders in the Lafayette neighborhood this month- both of young guys.
Well the murder actually happened at The Junction and not in the Lafayette neighborhood. The other one where the kid got shot in the head by LSP Light rail in a robbery attempt he is still alive but critical I believe.

Posted on: 2015/10/27 19:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
The requisite 'shrine' is already up where the young man was killed. T shirt with signatures mounted on the wall, candles and Hennessey bottles, etc.

As an aside, this isn't just done for gang-bangers and hood rats. It's also done for people that beloved in an area...

I know, and I almost always make the sign of the cross when I pass such a shrine because every life is a loss in the end. Everyone is born an innocent. I have an aunt whose husband died driving while having a heart attack-until she stopped driving at 92 she would go 5 miles out of her way to her house to avoid the spot of his demise. And she did this for 50 years!

Posted on: 2015/10/27 19:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2015/10/27 18:29
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Quote:

trambone wrote:
What are the police doing about this? There is almost no police presence in this area even if a station is nearby.

I know many may think that this is a stretch, but in B-L it seems every minor infraction is allowed. People double park, park in front of hydrants. There is a general feel that you can do what you want. The police definitely do not make it seem they are active in any way.

Two men driving and popping out of an SUV to mug and that murder someone are not driving with clean driving records i'm sure. Yet i'm sure they are never pulled over or ticketed for double parking, turning right on red when it says not to, etc. So they fall through the cracks or know that police are not doing much.

Tambone, you make a good point. It's like the "Broken Windows Policy" in NYC in the old days. Pay attention to smaller infractions and it has a domino effect on the larger ones. People take notice.

But no, when you have a huge swath of our elected officials, municipal employees, and even some POs flouting the law so egregiously (without consequence), why should I, former good citizen, even care to obey the laws that make civil society, well, civil? And what about the bad guys? Yup, makes them feel even more empowered. It's a virus - and a bad one.

Resized Image

...the only worthy response to the pure stupidity of those that choose to ironically blame others for their personal failings.

Posted on: 2015/10/27 18:27
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Quote:

trambone wrote:
What are the police doing about this? There is almost no police presence in this area even if a station is nearby.

I know many may think that this is a stretch, but in B-L it seems every minor infraction is allowed. People double park, park in front of hydrants. There is a general feel that you can do what you want. The police definitely do not make it seem they are active in any way.

Two men driving and popping out of an SUV to mug and that murder someone are not driving with clean driving records i'm sure. Yet i'm sure they are never pulled over or ticketed for double parking, turning right on red when it says not to, etc. So they fall through the cracks or know that police are not doing much.

Tambone, you make a good point. It's like the "Broken Windows Policy" in NYC in the old days. Pay attention to smaller infractions and it has a domino effect on the larger ones. People take notice.

But no, when you have a huge swath of our elected officials, municipal employees, and even some POs flouting the law so egregiously (without consequence), why should I, former good citizen, even care to obey the laws that make civil society, well, civil? And what about the bad guys? Yup, makes them feel even more empowered. It's a virus - and a bad one.

Posted on: 2015/10/27 18:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/10/27 17:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

trambone wrote:

Posted on: 2015/10/27 17:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/10/27 17:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Mao wrote:
That's two murders in the Lafayette neighborhood this month- both of young guys.

And this one on Johnston hasn't had an update as of late either:

19-Year-Old Shot in Head

Have you noticed that some of these crimes are happening in the later hours of the evening and not the overnight? Not the usual 1am/2am? The kid above was shot at 10:30pm. The two kids the other night at 6:15pm. The young man that died (20 y.o) was shot at 11:15pm.

Posted on: 2015/10/27 16:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
12/12 0:04
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/10/27 16:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/10/27 1:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/17 3:49
From Erie
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, Police station is just a little west on Communipaw, but we're talking a few hundred yards.

Crazy, just drove by there both yesterday and today.

Posted on: 2015/10/26 21:28

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/14 15:55
Group:
Registered Users
Isn't there a police station right around there?

Posted on: 2015/10/26 21:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/10/26 16:28

Man Shot & Killed - Grand & Communipaw
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
By Caitlin Mota | The Jersey Journal
on October 26, 2015 at 12:04 PM, updated October 26, 2015 at 12:05 PM

JERSEY CITY -- One person was killed in an overnight shooting on Grand Street near Communipaw Avenue, according to a source close to the investigation.

The victim, believed to be a male, was shot in the back sometime after 11 p.m., according to a police transmission.

This morning, members from the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office Homicide Unit were canvassing the area, looking for surveillance that may captured the incident.

More

Posted on: 2015/10/26 16:23

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017