Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Steuben St parking
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
It is people like you who do not have family responsibilities telling people like me I should move. You, like Fulop and Osborne, with the exception of her son, do not have family members living in JC. You do not take an elderly relative to the doctor in which you must stay more than 2 hours. This ordinance is anti-family. Which is a reflection is this administration. Life happens, people should not be booted for taking care of family matters.

Posted on: 2015/9/19 23:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Only a person who does not own a car thinks there is too much free parking. You don't live in the real world. Besides the money I pay in taxes tells me I am investing in Jersey City and that includes parking.

Um, I own a car, live downtown, and I pay for my parking. There is enough parking (at least downtown), I don't expect it to be free. If I'm concerned about 2 hour parking limits, I take an Uber, you should try it. Move on.

Posted on: 2015/9/19 23:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I expect the city to follow its original ordinance and require new construction to have equal parking to equal apartments. The city, not the citizens created this problem. Basically, the city is telling developers they can create more wealth by allowing parking spaces to become condos.

Posted on: 2015/9/19 18:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/21 23:51
Group:
Registered Users
Well like I said I never could not find a spot, just might need to circle a block sometimes. What are you expecting that there is a street parking spot right in front of every establishment you visit?

Posted on: 2015/9/19 18:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Why should I have to give money to a garage? I pay taxes to Jersey City not to a private garage company. The city created this problem by not following their ordinance of requiring new building to have parking. I have been in Jersey City longer than 20 years, family members go back to the 1880s. I don't need someone rather recent to dictate what I should do.

Posted on: 2015/9/19 18:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/21 23:51
Group:
Registered Users
Here we go again about the parking.
There is parking everywhere, sometimes you need to look around for a spot but I have lived here for over 20 years and have never not been able to find a spot. Worse case there are garages and lots all over the place.

Posted on: 2015/9/19 16:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Only a person who does not own a car thinks there is too much free parking. You don't live in the real world. Besides the money I pay in taxes tells me I am investing in Jersey City and that includes parking.

Posted on: 2015/9/19 16:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I brought this up at the last council meeting. My husband and I have family all over JC. We are also being denied a permit when we had a permit before. That means we cannot go a wedding, wake, or any family function that is more than 2 hours. At the last council meeting I said this to Candice respectfully, you only have a minor child and no extended family members in JC, you have no idea about the impact to families. Years ago, I took my mother to her doctor and was there for 3 hours. The problem is - JC is ignoring an ordinance that stated all new construction must have parking, they are allowing 20% to 25% for parking so the new residents are parking on the street and long time residents that had permit parking are being squeezed. Also, former parking lots and garages now have buildings. The rules are unfair. This also means you cannot have a medical procedure that is more than 2 hours in your zone.

There is too much parking downtown. There are too many vacant spots. I think the correct word you are looking for though is there is no longer FREE parking downtown. That's the cost of a car, and it doesn't even begin to reflect the social and environmental costs of car ownership. You should be happy that current parking fees for private lots aren't required to reflect the real cost of car ownership.

Posted on: 2015/9/19 15:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I brought this up at the last council meeting. My husband and I have family all over JC. We are also being denied a permit when we had a permit before. That means we cannot go a wedding, wake, or any family function that is more than 2 hours. At the last council meeting I said this to Candice respectfully, you only have a minor child and no extended family members in JC, you have no idea about the impact to families. Years ago, I took my mother to her doctor and was there for 3 hours. The problem is - JC is ignoring an ordinance that stated all new construction must have parking, they are allowing 20% to 25% for parking so the new residents are parking on the street and long time residents that had permit parking are being squeezed. Also, former parking lots and garages now have buildings. The rules are unfair. This also means you cannot have a medical procedure that is more than 2 hours in your zone.

Posted on: 2015/9/19 13:22

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/4/22 12:10
Group:
Registered Users
I don't have parking in my building ... there are several buildings like mine which have 3-4 apartments per building and street parking. It's not one of the luxury buildings. It seems ridiculous that I'm not entitled to a zone 4 permit... since you guys have explained the issue (thank you) I think I'm not even going to try to call the parking authority, I'll just reach out to the councilwoman.

Posted on: 2015/9/19 10:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Ok at least he as that, I thought the building he was in had parking but not enough and the city still denied him a permit.

Posted on: 2015/9/19 2:23
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Wow a rock and a hard place. So if you can't get a zone permit, no reserved permits, and the whole area is reserved/zoned and you do not fall into either category I guess you're out in the cold. NOT FAIR !

Sounds like the city is offering a permit if he coughs up $125 a month.

Seems very steep to me, but what the other posters are saying is true and this guy has skated under the radar for years, I guess all good things come to an end eventually.

Posted on: 2015/9/19 1:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Wow a rock and a hard place. So if you can't get a zone permit, no reserved permits, and the whole area is reserved/zoned and you do not fall into either category I guess you're out in the cold. NOT FAIR !

Posted on: 2015/9/19 1:37
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/1 19:35
Group:
Registered Users
Since the Parking Authority merged into Public Safety Department they have been reviewing oversights. They are checking all renewals. If you live in the smaller buildings you "should" be able to get the Steuben Street permit. But Steuben residents have never had zone 4 permit privileges. Sorry you good deal has come to an end.

Raise this issue to Ward E Councilwoman Osborne - she's on a parking tear - is hoping to remove all Reserved Parking areas, including Steuben Street.

Posted on: 2015/9/19 1:19

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Right... I don't care about parking on Steuben, but I have lived on Steuben since 2009 and have always had a zone 4 permit. Now they are saying they won't give me a zone 4 permit. You're saying this is is correct/allowed? I don't understand why they would send me a renewal notice and then deny my permit. It's for the $15 zone 4 permit.

Posted on: 2015/9/19 0:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/1 19:35
Group:
Registered Users
The only residents on Steuben Street that fall into the "grandfathered" program are those who live in the single family homes are eligible for the $1 permits (per month) because those homes existed before all of the development in the area. The newer buildings all provide on-site parking, maybe not enough for every unit like in so many other locations, but they have on-site parking so they don't qualify for residential permits. (known policy as of 2011)

Steuben Street has never been in the Zone 4 Permit Parking area - it is occupied by "Reserved Parking" 7a-7p. These spots go for $125 a month - available to anyone, even those who don't live in Jersey City.

Posted on: 2015/9/18 23:08

Steuben St parking
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Hi, I wanted to see if anyone knows anything about this:

I'm a resident of Steuben St.... recently received a renewal application for a zone 4 permit. Sent everything in, and got a letter back saying that as of 10/1 residents of Steuben St are no longer being offered Zone 4 permits. According to this letter, I can choose to buy a $125/month permit to park on Steuben (no) or "find other means of private parking." I plan to call the parking authority on Monday... but as a resident of JC wouldn't I be entitled to a zone permit in the zone I live in? This seems like some BS to me.

Posted on: 2015/9/18 22:12

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017