Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
93 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 93

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Vacant Buildings
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/8 0:52
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
...I do not believe her claim that the majority of homes on the list were "the nicest home with a car in front". She's lied before and given her anti-Fulop bias (hence her complaints now instead of years ago when Healy was mayor and the program existed), I have no reason to trust anything she says on this topic.

and dont believe her again...
link to the list of vacant properties - http://cityofjerseycity.com/vacantbuildings/

checking the first half dozen or so properties that she claimed are on the vacant property list in her youtube video against the list that city maintains shows that she is spreading false information to the home owners and causing them concern for no reason and prodding them to waste their time.

Posted on: 2015/9/15 17:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Pebble, you are quick with the insults, I spoke to real people who are concerned their properties are on this list. They never received any notifications from the city. Now their property is in the hands of the Redevelopment Agency.

I'm certainly quick at asking for evidence which you haven't provided.

You have not stated what list you are holding.
You have not stated what the addresses are.
You have not stated where this list came from.

Either provide something of actual evidence or sit back down.

This program has been in place for *years*. That is a fact. It was put in place by Healy. Why are you complaining about it now? Why weren't you on top of it when they hired the lawyer from Newark that designed the program?

Posted on: 2015/9/15 17:30
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Pebble, you are quick with the insults, I spoke to real people who are concerned their properties are on this list. They never received any notifications from the city. Now their property is in the hands of the Redevelopment Agency.

Posted on: 2015/9/15 17:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
These are not abandon or blighted buildings. The property owners are paying taxes, some are taking out permits. This is a scheme to give private property to developers.

Yvonne, are you having problems reading? I asked about your list. What is the list you have? Where did you get it? Provide the addresses on the list.

You keep making claims but provide absolutely zero evidence.

Lastly, why are you complaining about a program *now* when Healy put it in place years ago?

Posted on: 2015/9/15 17:25
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
These are not abandon or blighted buildings. The property owners are paying taxes, some are taking out permits. This is a scheme to give private property to developers.

Posted on: 2015/9/15 17:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I just returned from taking pictures of vacant buildings. I met homeowners, took their pictures, and told them to place their names on the council agenda. These homeowners had no idea their property was on a vacant list. They are paying taxes and some even have permits. The city is allowing the Redevelopment Agency to have developers purchase homes as vacant buildings. You cannot image how shocked these homeowners were.

Are they on the *abandoned list* or the *blighted homes list*?

Post the provided list, where you received it and when you received it.

Posted on: 2015/9/15 16:50
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I just returned from taking pictures of vacant buildings. I met homeowners, took their pictures, and told them to place their names on the council agenda. These homeowners had no idea their property was on a vacant list. They are paying taxes and some even have permits. The city is allowing the Redevelopment Agency to have developers purchase homes as vacant buildings. You cannot image how shocked these homeowners were.

Posted on: 2015/9/15 16:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Yvonne, getting mail delivered doesn't actually mean someone lives there. Heck, I still get mail from people that haven't lived in my house for a decade.

Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
Does anyone have an unbiased article they can link to regarding this city program? I'd be interested to read more about it. The houses with the Fire Department red xs should be on any list if it means they will be renovated and occupied rather than sit vacant and blight the neighborhood.

I don't have an article link however I know more about this than Yvonne does.

Essentially, the town has two lists. One is the abandoned property list and the other is the blighted property list.

The abandoned property list is where you see the buildings with the red signs. You see these with X's or a slash with abbreviated information on it. These properties could be on the blighted property list or they might not be.

The blighted property list is a list of houses that the city has slated to seize and turn over. Many of these houses are definitely on the abandoned property list.

The program was put in place by Healy and is modeled on Newark's program. Essentially, it uses Eminent Domain to seize a blighted property and then develop it. (Article on the topic)

I've not gone through the list in the last couple of years. However, when I reviewed the abandoned property list previously, I did not see "beautiful homes". I saw homes with a lot of work. If Yvonne is so adamant, she can post the list or a link to the list. I do not believe her claim that the majority of homes on the list were "the nicest home with a car in front". She's lied before and given her anti-Fulop bias (hence her complaints now instead of years ago when Healy was mayor and the program existed), I have no reason to trust anything she says on this topic.

Posted on: 2015/9/15 16:21
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone have an unbiased article they can link to regarding this city program? I'd be interested to read more about it. The houses with the Fire Department red xs should be on any list if it means they will be renovated and occupied rather than sit vacant and blight the neighborhood.

Posted on: 2015/9/15 13:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The city planner, Matt Ward signed off on this. Dave Donnelly is the head of the Redevelopment. Councilman Lavarro and Councilwoman Coleman are on the board. In my opinion the city as well as the Redevelopment Agency is involved in a scam. Don't forget the city gave $20 million in loans to Bruce Ratner to develop the Pep Boys property and this developer to be it mildly is a shady character according to the New York Times. What I find unusual are the vacant properties with red signs on the outside that are not on the list, the real vacant properties. I have questions for the next council meetings.

Posted on: 2015/9/15 12:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Today, I took more pictures on this vacant list in the Heights. It was usually the nicest home with a car in front that made the list. One home was getting mail delivered another UPS but these are supposed to be vacant buildings. Interesting, a vacant building with the red mark from the Fire Department was not on the list.

Ok, I'll bite. If a home on the list isn't vacant and is tenant occupied, what happens next?

Posted on: 2015/9/15 3:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Today, I took more pictures on this vacant list in the Heights. It was usually the nicest home with a car in front that made the list. One home was getting mail delivered another UPS but these are supposed to be vacant buildings. Interesting, a vacant building with the red mark from the Fire Department was not on the list.

Posted on: 2015/9/14 19:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
This thread is rather comical. The list isn?t new and the program isn?t new. This started in Newark years ago. Then, Healy started it in Jersey City. He hired the lawyer that Newark had used in order to prove the program?s legality. As such, your complaint should be with Healy.

In regards to the list itself? I looked at it years ago. Yes, looking at addresses such as the one on Grove St makes you do a double take. However, if you actually went to the address you would see that the building has been boarded up for years and the owner is unreachable. Just because it is in a desirable location and the facade doesn?t look terrible does not mean that the internals are not a complete disaster. Neighbors of this building had been complaining for years due to the lack of upkeep.

Essentially, we have a near decade old program and the complaints are starting just now because Fulop is mayor. It is this sort of BS that continues to pop up and remind me that Yvonne really doesn?t know a damn thing.

Posted on: 2015/9/14 17:08
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Very interesing! Thanks Yvonne.

I don't understand how the city can transfer the homes to JCRA if they're privately owned?

Posted on: 2015/9/14 3:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Something stinks.

I'd pay cash on the spot for many of those 'properites in need'.

Posted on: 2015/9/14 1:38

Vacant Buildings
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City transferred 350 vacant properties to the Redevelopment Agency but these properties are not vacant.
https://youtu.be/-DSBv-S9pak

Posted on: 2015/9/13 22:58

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017