Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
127 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 127

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Tamika McReynolds, convicted of fraud with Sharpe James, working at JC Rec. Dept
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
You just know that Councilman Fulop would have been ALL OVER this.

Where did that guy go? I miss him.

+1 I miss him too. This is just appalling. What other criminals do they have on the payroll?

I also love how the article quotes spokesperson Jacobs as saying Ms. Reynold's job is "hardly a plum assignment" at $15/hour. So what? That's money that could be going to another hardworking person WITHOUT any criminal record.

It's a part time job getting paid pennies. Should nobody that's ever arrested get a job?

Not a job on the public payroll, they shouldn't get that (of course, if someone with a felony record is elected, nothing you can do about that). But hey, this shouldn't come as a big surprise anyway, given the Kevin Freibott episode years ago. At least no one wound up dead or injured this time.

Posted on: 2015/9/16 18:04

Re: Tamika McReynolds, convicted of fraud with Sharpe James, working at JC Rec. Dept
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

+1 I miss him too. This is just appalling. What other criminals do they have on the payroll?

I also love how the article quotes spokesperson Jacobs as saying Ms. Reynold's job is "hardly a plum assignment" at $15/hour. So what? That's money that could be going to another hardworking person WITHOUT any criminal record.

It's a part time job getting paid pennies. Should nobody that's ever arrested get a job?

You're a bit absurd with this escapade.

Posted on: 2015/9/16 17:56
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Posted on: 2015/9/16 17:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/9/16 15:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Group slams Jersey City's hiring of ex-Sharpe James co-defendant

By Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal The Jersey Journal 
September 16, 2015 at  7:06 AM

The city's hiring of the former co-defendant of ex-Newark Mayor Sharpe James shows the administration's personnel process is "in shambles" and is in need of an overhaul, a local good-government group is saying.

"The Fulop administration should be committed to hiring the best and the brightest, not the most connected regardless of how corrupt," said Esther Wintner, who heads Civic JC.

Yesterday, The Jersey Journal revealed that Tamika McReynolds, who was convicted alongside James in 2008 over land deals, joined the city's payroll in June, as a recreation department worker making $15 an hour. City spokesman Ryan Jacobs yesterday argued that McReynolds, who was convicted under the last name Riley, has turned her life around and deserves a second chance.

Read more:  http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... s_jersey_citys_hirin.html

Posted on: 2015/9/16 14:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
Nobody did anything illegal by hiring these people. Get off your high horse.

Do you know how many elected officials I think should be in jail right now? I don't think so. It is really none of your business.

I don't know how many YOU think should be in jail, nor do I care. Your opinion is your own. Either way, elected officials didn't apply for the jobs they have, the ran in elections and people were dumb enough to vote for them. That's the general public's fault for not voting more wisely, or not voting at all.

But when somebody with a felony record is hired into a non-elected position, paid for with our tax dollars, that's something the general public doesn't have control over, and has every right to be outraged over.

While nobody did anything illegal by hiring her, I gotta think there were plenty of qualified people WITHOUT felony records who could have taken that job. Why couldn't they have spent our tax dollars on someone more deserving?

I don't know, maybe it is a real shit job and she was the only person the Recreation Dept could get at $15/hour.

Posted on: 2015/9/16 2:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Could she be working to get enough time in for some sort of pension as a reward for her years of public service?

Posted on: 2015/9/16 0:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/1 5:25
Group:
Registered Users
Nobody did anything illegal by hiring these people. Get off your high horse.

Do you know how many elected officials I think should be in jail right now? I don't think so. It is really none of your business.

Posted on: 2015/9/15 22:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Greenvillechick wrote:
Do I think that this woman deserves a job? Of course, does she deserve to work, yet again in a government agency? HELL NO!

In fact, she used to run a afterschool program in Newark and my company that I work at printed all of her journals for her, she never paid the 3,000.00 bill. So she sold those journals for a profit and never paid her bill..... She's not to be trusted period.... the DOR is a joke. That whole department needs to be sweeped and restarted.

Thank you! I'm glad someone sees it the same way as me. Of course the woman deserves to work and make a living and I don't care how much she earns, whether its more or less than what she might earn at a fast food establishment. She DOES NOT deserve any type of job paid for with our tax dollars. And yes, the Department of Recreation is a joke. First the sex offender, now this woman. I thought that having a felony record prevented you from getting most non-elected government jobs (never mind elected government jobs, we all know what goes on in New Jersey), even if it is just part-time for $15/hour. What other people with criminal records are working at the D.O.R. now?

Posted on: 2015/9/15 17:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/8 2:45
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
Do I think that this woman deserves a job? Of course, does she deserve to work, yet again in a government agency? HELL NO!

In fact, she used to run a afterschool program in Newark and my company that I work at printed all of her journals for her, she never paid the 3,000.00 bill. So she sold those journals for a profit and never paid her bill..... She's not to be trusted period.... the DOR is a joke. That whole department needs to be sweeped and restarted.

Posted on: 2015/9/15 17:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/1 5:25
Group:
Registered Users
Apparently they are upset she is getting paid more than someone working at McDonalds.

I suppose if there were to be a massive scandal and corruption within the Rec. dept in the future, we know who our prime suspect will be. Thanks for the pre-crime report, Jersey Journal!

Posted on: 2015/9/15 16:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
The woman is working part time with a salary of $15/hour. That fact this is an article and people are getting in a huff is rather silly.

Posted on: 2015/9/15 16:08
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
Whatever, people do deserve to live their life after they've done their time. Otherwise we're just punishing people for their entire lives as petty revenge, and where does that get us? I just hope they have the sense not to put her in charge of any money.

That's all fine but there are PLENTY of qualified (an unemployed) people out there that could take that job that have NO felony record. Why do people who have used their government positions to commit criminal acts, somehow end up back in government again? Let's talk about Eugene McKnight some more, who still hasn't paid all his outstanding court fines from 1992, yet is back on the public payroll, and they can't even garnish his paychecks.

You don't hire a former bank robber to work at a bank or a reformed pyromaniac to work at a match factory, or a sex offender at the city's Recreation Department (oops, too late - Jersey City already did that). Let her work at McDonald's that's perfectly fine with me. What the hell has the Jersey City government become? A jobs re-entry program for convicted felons?

Posted on: 2015/9/15 14:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Whatever, people do deserve to live their life after they've done their time. Otherwise we're just punishing people for their entire lives as petty revenge, and where does that get us? I just hope they have the sense not to put her in charge of any money.

Posted on: 2015/9/15 14:05

Tamika McReynolds, convicted of fraud with Sharpe James, working at JC Rec. Dept
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users

By Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on September 14, 2015 at 12:42 PM, updated September 14, 2015 at 6:56 PM

Tamika McReynolds, who was convicted of fraud seven years ago alongside former Newark Mayor Sharpe James, is now working at Jersey City's recreation department.

Much More - Jersey Journal

Posted on: 2015/9/14 23:15

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017