Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 112

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: JCIA Garbage Men Tried to Shake Down "Pint" Owner for Booze
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
What could possibly happen if you keep employing ex-felons as public servants on any level of service ?!!

Resized Image

Posted on: 2015/9/3 6:37
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/9/3 14:36
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Until the facts come in I believe people should hold back on the allegations from someone who looked for his 5 mins on a camera.

Posted on: 2015/9/3 3:49

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/9/3 14:36
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Mr. Sterling Biz page posts should be alarming to all who view his 5 minutes of fame to get more patrons to his venue. His quote" The drivers that drive the trucks are intoxicated"?? Maybe he should go to AA, since he owns a bar that sells alcohol. The number #1 question is where is his bartender in the video ? No comment or statement from him ? Tommy ?? Seems like Mr. Sterling had not been present and is the voice to say and write whatever he pleases. Once again he and Pint are looking for the spotlight and think he may be drinking his own Koolaid.

Posted on: 2015/9/3 3:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/4 21:55
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
As of now I/we don't know whether the person who tried this shake down and was fired had indeed a contact in the JCBD or whether he was just playing the "fear of God" card. It is worth investigating in any case. I understand a detective was on the case so he/Candice/Wolf might have more info on that topic.

It is really unconscionable for people to attempt this kind of stupidity with the number of recording devices nowadays in private/public places.

Posted on: 2015/9/3 2:24

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/4/19 4:53
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Bamb00zle wrote:
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Quote:

Frinjc wrote:
As per Wolf Sterling and Candice Osborn fb page the "shake-down" contractor was fired today. The corruption link between city (autonomous) agencies/department is no longer here. People should feel confortable recording and exposing the rooten apples still thinking they can strive here. We are all making it a better city. Have a good night everyone! #jcmakeityours.

Frinjc - great news - thanks for sharing. As far as the corruption link, don't you think the building department should also be investigated? If there was a relationship between JCIA and someone in the building department that had enough power to do harm to a city business (as per the threat issued when Wolf called JCIA), I think there's a wider net of corruption that should be cast here. Just my two cents.

jerseymom, I have to think you're onto something ? as you usually are. I hope law enforcement gets to the bottom of this mess.

You've made me wonder ? in addition to this shakedown, recall the original issue with the JCIA was trash haulage, with construction debris mixed in. Where were those construction sites? Who owns them? Which contractors were involved? How did the JCIA ?know? to show up at a particular construction site? And when? Where were the City's Building Inspectors? What did the building department know about these building sites? I can think of many questions and issues that deserve close scrutiny. All we've heard about is a few JCIA employees....

I wonder who is conducting that investigation, in addition to Jersey City Authorities? Come to think, were other law enforcement agencies (State and Federal) notified about the investigation? The JJ reported it was on-going for a year! Maybe I missed something but the only thing I remember seeing is that the investigation was undertaken by Jersey City Law Enforcement.

agree, jerseymom

At a minimum, the person within JCIA that issued the threat of building inspection retaliation should also be investigated - else the link between JCIA and corruption is definitely still there.

And how about the other haulers on the same truck -they can't have been unaware and should face some "follow-up".

Posted on: 2015/9/3 1:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/16 6:03
From DT JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Quote:

Frinjc wrote:
As per Wolf Sterling and Candice Osborn fb page the "shake-down" contractor was fired today. The corruption link between city (autonomous) agencies/department is no longer here. People should feel confortable recording and exposing the rooten apples still thinking they can strive here. We are all making it a better city. Have a good night everyone! #jcmakeityours.

Frinjc - great news - thanks for sharing. As far as the corruption link, don't you think the building department should also be investigated? If there was a relationship between JCIA and someone in the building department that had enough power to do harm to a city business (as per the threat issued when Wolf called JCIA), I think there's a wider net of corruption that should be cast here. Just my two cents.

jerseymom, I have to think you're onto something ? as you usually are. I hope law enforcement gets to the bottom of this mess.

You've made me wonder ? in addition to this shakedown, recall the original issue with the JCIA was trash haulage, with construction debris mixed in. Where were those construction sites? Who owns them? Which contractors were involved? How did the JCIA ?know? to show up at a particular construction site? And when? Where were the City's Building Inspectors? What did the building department know about these building sites? I can think of many questions and issues that deserve close scrutiny. All we've heard about is a few JCIA employees....

I wonder who is conducting that investigation, in addition to Jersey City Authorities? Come to think, were other law enforcement agencies (State and Federal) notified about the investigation? The JJ reported it was on-going for a year! Maybe I missed something but the only thing I remember seeing is that the investigation was undertaken by Jersey City Law Enforcement.

Posted on: 2015/9/3 1:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/1 5:25
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, it makes total sense to redress such injustice with booze.

Posted on: 2015/9/3 1:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sepecat wrote:
Considering the amount of trash some business puts out and it gets picked up for free, I'm not surprised one bit.

This has been happening when Waste Management had the city contract, and the new company guys do it as well. Paying the guys is cheaper than hiring your own contractor.

Oh stop it. Nothing is free. The contractor is getting paid one way or another.

Stop justifying shakedowns.

Posted on: 2015/9/3 1:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Frinjc wrote:

Posted on: 2015/9/3 1:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/4 21:55
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/9/3 0:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/21 20:55
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Considering the amount of trash some business puts out and it gets picked up for free, I'm not surprised one bit.

This has been happening when Waste Management had the city contract, and the new company guys do it as well. Paying the guys is cheaper than hiring your own contractor.

Posted on: 2015/9/2 21:08

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

EasyGibson wrote:
The kind of entitled behavior he exhibited is pervasive indeed, especially in JCIA, but there's no way this fat shit is going to call down the thunder on Pint via inspectors or the Head Trash Baron for not serving them drinks on their shift.

This is not only about the "fat shit" in the video.

Per the facebook post below, the reason Pint went public was that when trying to call up JCIA to report the complaint, he was told to back off, or the building inspectors would be called upon him.

When the office of JCIA threatens to call building inspectors in retaliation for pursuing a complaint about threats and extortion that a contractor staffer has committed/done, this clearly shows that JCIA themselves protect and condone this behavior and are also culpable.

Wish it was all in a TV series.

Posted on: 2015/9/2 19:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

EasyGibson wrote:
Quote:

blanquiita wrote:
This incident reminds me of The Sopranos episode when they tried to shake down Starbuck's for protection money and got nowhere. "It's over for the little guy." LMAO

That scene was so good.

I tried to embed, but it didn't work!

https://youtu.be/_Gsz7Gu6agA

Posted on: 2015/9/2 17:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/17 3:49
From Erie
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

blanquiita wrote:
This incident reminds me of The Sopranos episode when they tried to shake down Starbuck's for protection money and got nowhere. "It's over for the little guy." LMAO

That scene was so good.

Posted on: 2015/9/2 16:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/4 21:43
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/9/2 15:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Erie
Group:
Registered Users
Be easy, I'm cracking wise, as they say.

The guy in the video is a buffoon who is soon to be unemployed. This is definitely not part of a an extortion ring that goes straight to the top.
The kind of entitled behavior he exhibited is pervasive indeed, especially in JCIA, but there's no way this fat shit is going to call down the thunder on Pint via inspectors or the Head Trash Baron for not serving them drinks on their shift.

Everybody take a deep breath. Better yet, let's go to Pint and get a drink. What time do they open?

Posted on: 2015/9/2 15:36

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

EasyGibson wrote:
Just by the by, beer at Christmas is still pretty standard for these guys, no?

Pretty much every business I've ever worked at has duked the trash guys at the holidays.

Did nobody tell Pint this?

Maybe Pint's the only bar who doesn't care if reporting these goons results in "building inspectors" showing up? I don't get the point of your post- that everyone should be cow towing to those morons because "derrr everyone does it- did they not get the memo?" ?? Personally, I love that they picked the wrong dude to fuck with.

+1

Don't understand what the point is EasyGibson? Are you suggesting that local business owners should accept extortion and threats from contractors employed by public entities as a "cost" of doing business in Jersey City?

And since when is Xmas in August, let alone at every trash pickup?

Posted on: 2015/9/2 15:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Are they drinking on the job? Drinking and driving?

Posted on: 2015/9/2 15:01

Edited by Annod on 2015/9/2 15:27:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/1 0:23
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

EasyGibson wrote:

Pretty much every business I've ever worked at has duked the trash guys at the holidays.

Maybe Pint's the only bar who doesn't care if reporting these goons results in "building inspectors" showing up? I don't get the point of your post- that everyone should be cow towing to those morons because "derrr everyone does it- did they not get the memo?" ?? Personally, I love that they picked the wrong dude to fuck with.

Posted on: 2015/9/2 11:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
CBS2 Exclusive: Jersey City Bar Says Sanitation Workers Demanded Drinks For Trash Pickup

September 1, 2015 11:09 PM

JERSEY CITY, N.J. (CBSNewYork) ? Sanitation workers in Jersey City are accused of refusing to take out the trash unless a bartender gave them drinks.

As CBS2?s Tracee Carrasco reported exclusively Tuesday night, the Jersey City mayor?s office said firm that employs the workers is already in trouble.

?The guy was so blatant, and he seemed to think in this day and age that he wouldn?t get caught,? said Wolf Sterling, owner of The Pint in Jersey City.

Sterling is fighting back against sanitation workers he claimed tried to shake down employees at his bar. It all started on Aug. 13, when surveillance video showed a man with the Jersey City Incinerator Authority walking up to the bar window and allegedly demanding that the employee step outside.

?He informed my employee his supervisor told him he could no longer pick up our recycling, but he would do so if we bribed him with liquor,? Sterling said.

The bartender refused, and the man promised to return. The worker is employed by the Jersey City Incinerator Authority, an independent agency contracted by the city.

When the worker returned last week, Sterling said his surveillance cameras captured the man once again demanding alcohol in exchange for doing his job.

?They asked for liquor, and made it clear they would have to supply them liquor on a weekly basis for this gentleman and his entire truck in order for them to continue picking up our trash,? Sterling said.

Sterling said when he tried to report the incident to the Jersey City Incinerator Authority, he was met with resistance.
?They said that if I pursued the complaint that I would have city inspectors come through my business, so it was a threat not to pursue the complaint,? he said.

Though the Jersey City Incinerator Authority picks up the city?s trash and recyclables ? a representative of Mayor Steven Fulop?s office told CBS2 the agency is not managed by the city, and said, ?We are working to shut it down after a long history of corruption.?

On July 4, workers from the agency were arrested for allegedly taking money in exchange for mixing construction debris with the city?s trash.

?It bothers me a lot that we have a few corrupt people who mar the reputation of other city employees and the city that so many of us love,? Sterling said.

The city of Jersey City also said it is investigating this incident. CBS2 out to the Jersey City Incinerator Authority for its reaction to the claims, but did not hear back.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/09/0 ... itation-shakedown-claims/

Posted on: 2015/9/2 3:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Erie
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/9/2 3:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 23:09
Group:
Registered Users
I heard they do it to Whitestar as well and Matt just gives them beer. I heard this through a friend so I'm taking it with a grain of salt.

Posted on: 2015/9/2 2:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
This is a pretty bold shake-down. How many other bars or businesses are being approached in the same blatant manner?

Certainly makes one wonder if other owners will speak out about their individual experiences because I find it hard to believe that Pint is the ONLY establishment that is going through this.

Looking forward to seeing the CBS coverage at 11pm.

Posted on: 2015/9/2 1:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I think the link was broken last night, I got it to work today after a few tries. Its pretty intimidating, 2 guys come into the bar all mob like and only the bartender and one patron are in there. Try the link again, it might work now.

Posted on: 2015/9/2 1:39

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/2/23 1:38
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Good!

Posted on: 2015/9/2 1:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/15 0:07
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Story on Channel 2 at 11:00

Posted on: 2015/9/2 0:01

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
It's funny and sad at the same time.

Sad given the state of affairs of a) the public agencies, b) the contractors they deem appropriate to pay tax money to provide public services, and c) the oversight of them (not even taking steps to investigate when obvious infractions such as this are brought to their attention)

Anyhow, could you please provide a direct link to the second video or posting (can not get though it via facebook - may not be member of friend with original poster.)

Quote:

BeatrixKiddo wrote:
It happened a second time, how are people so stupid that they don't know pretty much everything is recorded now.

https://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/story.p ... m_notif?if_t=feed_comment

Posted on: 2015/9/1 14:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
LMFAO I needed that laugh thank you, and you are so spot on. This chub bitch is acting like its the 1980's.

Posted on: 2015/9/1 3:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Erie
Group:
Registered Users
The fat guy should be in the Jersey Hall of Fame.

He's a treasure.

I wonder if they do my block. I want to meet this timewarp supervillain.

I wonder if he's even aware how fast MW will throw him under every bus they can find.

Posted on: 2015/9/1 2:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
It happened a second time, how are people so stupid that they don't know pretty much everything is recorded now.

https://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/story.p ... otif¬if_t=feed_comment

Posted on: 2015/9/1 1:14

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017