Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
135 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 135

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Re: Jersey City Puerto Rican Day Festival and Parade set for this weekend
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 11:59
Group:
Registered Users
So how many fights were there at this weekend's Irish festival at Exchange Place? How many arrests?

Posted on: 2015/9/28 15:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/1 0:23
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

rescuelife wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
The *only* people claiming that the Puerto Rican festival was "out of control" and full of "sub-human behavior" are those on this thread that have time and again proven themselves to be racists.

Yet, here we have a write-up about someone there complete with photos and not a single comment about "air of violence".

Could it be that there might have been one fight? Sure. Could there have been some trash found on the ground? Probably. However, given the over-reaction to what amounts to a wad of complaints that really are just down to "I don't want brown people around me"... well, you're full of it.

I wouldn't rely on an honest review from someone who just wants her own face plastered everywhere regardless of whatever is being promoted. She never writes anything negative because she just wants publicity for her blog and jc events/businesses are just the fodder she uses to promote herself with.

Isn't that what any entertainment/culture blog would be like? Or should everyone be negative keyboard warriors like you?

Lol no. Most entertainment/culture blogs I follow do not feature the bloggers face in every single photo that goes along with the piece nor do they get dressed up in the uniform of whoever they are interviewing like they are a 6 year old with a tape recorder working on a school project. Sorry I insulted your friend!

Posted on: 2015/8/21 19:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/21 14:20
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:

For well over a decade now Hoboken has been a trainwreck on St. Patty's Day. If you've never seen it, I can understand why you are confused. However, I've been there and seen plenty of white guys throwing down over nonsense.

And that's equally unacceptable as the PR parade, replace the word puerto ricans with irish / college frats, the issue is exactly the same.

Quote:

Pebble wrote:
The *only* people claiming that the Puerto Rican festival was "out of control" and full of "sub-human behavior" are those on this thread that have time and again proven themselves to be racists.

Yet, here we have a write-up about someone there complete with photos and not a single comment about "air of violence".

Could it be that there might have been one fight? Sure. Could there have been some trash found on the ground? Probably. However, given the over-reaction to what amounts to a wad of complaints that really are just down to "I don't want brown people around me"... well, you're full of it.

You are full of sht, and this post pretty much proved it. I saw 3 fights just on the way home - physical fist fights. One of them resulted in 3 police vehicles driving through the sidewalk to converge on the location that's how bad it was, i didnt stick around to see the takedown as i had my family with me and worried about someone pulling a gun.

It may be normal during the day (i wasnt there) but by night time the whole place is a shtshow.

And forgot who said it earlier, but those are thugs, you can play the racist card all day long even though it's never about race. But doesnt really matter, i know what i saw, there is no other words to describe the action of those people who yells profanities, throwing glass bottles on the ground, and blasting loud music in the middle of the night from their boombox/bikes/cars. Some also made inappropriate comments toward my wife and same to some indian women that was out walking. They were scared.

Posted on: 2015/8/21 19:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/28 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:

I wouldn't rely on an honest review from someone who just wants her own face plastered everywhere regardless of whatever is being promoted. She never writes anything negative because she just wants publicity for her blog and jc events/businesses are just the fodder she uses to promote herself with.

Isn't that what any entertainment/culture blog would be like? Or should everyone be negative keyboard warriors like you?

Posted on: 2015/8/21 19:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/1 0:23
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:

Posted on: 2015/8/21 18:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
Not sure where I've proven myself to be a racist, and I sleep with a brown person every night, so apparently I don't mind being around them. And Chicpea (a lovely person, btw) is right - the food, music and crafts at the PR festival are great. Most people (okay, not ALL posters) are not complaining about that. This festival IS different than the others, and attracts a larger number of criminals and thugs. If you're choosing to pretend that's not true, that's fine.

Posted on: 2015/8/21 16:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/8/21 16:17
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

JCishome wrote:
Nope, sorry, wrong, but thanks for playing our game.

The Puerto Rican festival DOES have a disproportionate amount of thuggish behavior, trash and air of impending violence. It has nothing to do with a culture's "ways" - for some reason, it attracts a large number of beasts who think they can get away with anything because they have a flag on their t-shirt.

YOU, madam, are the racist for implying that we should allow sub-human behavior because Puerto Ricans are just like a bunch of teenagers set loose in dad's liquor cabinet. If I were Puerto Rican, it's you I'd be offended by.

+1

That's the thing with these "progressives." They treat certain minorities as their pets. As if they are just animals who don't know any better. So they will scold you if you try to call them out on their misbehavior.

Hoboken's treatment of the St. Paddy's Day Parade has been right on the mark and is inspirational for us civilized people. In addition to providing tight police control, they dramatically increased the fines for offenses such as disorderly conduct to $2,000, for one day only. This has had the effect of lowering misbehavior, as well as providing a financial source of recoupment for the security and cleanup costs associated with the event.

Try doing that to the PR parade and the "progressives" would probably have a fit for trying to hold their pets accountable to the same standards we hold the St. Paddy's Day attendees to. But I believe these "progressives" are on the wrong side of history. More and more people are seeing through their BS tactics of throwing the race card at every turn to give a free pass to unacceptable behavior. More people want to do the right thing, and the fair thing, and demand civilized behavior from all.

So you may not see the crackdown immediately, but I think it is coming.

You said it better than I. Nobody - and I mean NOBODY - defends the right of post-graduate frat boys to puke on the stoops of Hoboken, yet folks come out of the woodwork to bleat over protecting the poor, misunderstood simpletons who are minorities and just don't know any better.

And yeah, we get it, HippieGirl. You're down with the REAL people. Relax.

Posted on: 2015/8/21 15:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCishome wrote:

The Puerto Rican festival DOES have a disproportionate amount of thuggish behavior, trash and air of impending violence. It has nothing to do with a culture's "ways" - for some reason, it attracts a large number of beasts who think they can get away with anything because they have a flag on their t-shirt.

YOU, madam, are the racist for implying that we should allow sub-human behavior because Puerto Ricans are just like a bunch of teenagers set loose in dad's liquor cabinet. If I were Puerto Rican, it's you I'd be offended by.

+1

That's the thing with these "progressives." They treat certain minorities as their pets. As if they are just animals who don't know any better. So they will scold you if you try to call them out on their misbehavior.

Hoboken's treatment of the St. Paddy's Day Parade has been right on the mark and is inspirational for us civilized people. In addition to providing tight police control, they dramatically increased the fines for offenses such as disorderly conduct to $2,000, for one day only. This has had the effect of lowering misbehavior, as well as providing a financial source of recoupment for the security and cleanup costs associated with the event.

Try doing that to the PR parade and the "progressives" would probably have a fit for trying to hold their pets accountable to the same standards we hold the St. Paddy's Day attendees to. But I believe these "progressives" are on the wrong side of history. More and more people are seeing through their BS tactics of throwing the race card at every turn to give a free pass to unacceptable behavior. More people want to do the right thing, and the fair thing, and demand civilized behavior from all.

So you may not see the crackdown immediately, but I think it is coming.

Posted on: 2015/8/21 15:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCishome wrote:

Nobody is saying that "sub-human behavior" should be allowed. You seem to be saying that this only happens with Puerto Ricans. That is factually inaccurate beyond description.

For well over a decade now Hoboken has been a trainwreck on St. Patty's Day. If you've never seen it, I can understand why you are confused. However, I've been there and seen plenty of white guys throwing down over nonsense.

I am curious though... are you offended by Donald Trump? Why haven't you spoken out against him? Where are the white leaders that should be speaking out against him and his obvious hypocrisy and bigotry?

Posted on: 2015/8/21 15:19
Dos A Cero

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 18:00
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCishome wrote:

Sure, I'm the racist. I love that circular shit. It makes me chuckle.

But I disagree with you

I go to the Puerto Rican festival here in JC ... and can't even count the other similar festivals I've attended, here in town and in NYC and in the suburbs and other cities and regions -- well, everywhere. (It's a thing, I happen to love to celebrate ethnic cultures and hang with groups getting their grove on ... and well, the food ... but that, too is another story)

I just think you may find certain folks "scarier" than others.

"Thuggish behavior" and "beasts" and "sub-human behavior" -- nice. You're the arbiter, I guess, of these things.

And I love "Air of impending violence" ... wow. By whose standards? Isn't that sort of why George Zimmerman gunned down Treyvon Martin? Gotta watch that intangible air of impending violence.

You scare the hell out of me in ways a party never could.

But good day to you, anyway, sir or madam.

Posted on: 2015/8/21 15:17

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/25 15:19
Group:
Registered Users
Why does it seem like the PR parade has very little to due with culture and a whole lot to do with motorcycle/car "clubs"?

Posted on: 2015/8/21 15:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/8/21 15:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
It never ceases to amaze me how certain people on this board cannot comment on any issue except through their own ?social justice prism?. Thus every other contrary opinion is invalid because it formed on institutional racism and white privilege. Consequently, all contrarians are branded and dismissed as racists.

All people are asking for is accountability on the part of all festival organizers and the city to ensure festivals safe and happy events for all the attendees. They are quick to label people but they never acknowledge that there are issues with celebrations that go on for 2 days and end on Sunday night 8:00pm with police cars, sirens blaring in response to 911 calls. Exchange Place is the perfect location for these festivals, my favorite is the South American festival? we just want the guests to be considerate of the neighbors and the waterfront environment.

There are very few ways to read the following statement:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
You never see this kind of behavior with the other festivals. Not sure if many of the losers are even from Jersey City.

Aside from the blatant bullshit that this behavior "NEVER" happens at other festivals (despite the obvious St Patty's Day), it was an attack on a specific group.

It's all cool that you want to backtrack now on your obvious bigotry. Good on you!

Posted on: 2015/8/21 15:02
Dos A Cero

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
My question is who the hell organized this, and WHY does it have to be in downtown jersey city waterfront? There are very few puerto ricans here.

Wouldnt it make more sense to have a puerto ricans parade where there is a dense population of well....puerto ricans?

I hope this doesnt become an annual thing, all those wasted city resources of police, sanitation, and repairs to the damages, could be better used elsewhere for the actual residents of this city.

Whoever is the city official that approved this disaster needs to be fired.

Well, duh. Look, of course any group needs to self-police and clean up after themselves or face some consequences.

Ever give your otherwise responsible teenagers permission to have a few people over when you're out of town ... and come home to your common living areas looking like a bomb went off? I have.

People can be messy, loud, inconsiderate jerks. This is not news. Sometimes exponentially if in a "pack" of sorts. And perhaps different cultures get their rowdy on in different ways. Including the culture of my own damned kids and their peers a few years ago, aforementioned example. Oy. My blood pressure still rises at the memory ....

But anyway, it was the above quote set me off. Set me off like a match to kindling, quite frankly. Then someone threw out the "thugs," and then the subtle remarks started and we were off to the races ... JUST NO. I'm calling it out.

That crap is all about privilege, period.

what are "those people" doing in "my neighborhood." They don't even LIVE HERE. Why not just own it and say "go back up the hill with 'your own kind, you thugs'"

Sorry, I'm not letting it slide without a check.

And then you find out by a quick-and-dirty, thirty-second Google search, looks like maybe about 30,000 folks of Puerto Rican descent live in Jersey City. Oh, but maybe not at the precious, exclusive "waterfront," Maybe not on your block, or even your section, but in Jersey City.

And of course the City needs to have rules and enforce them.

But if you bought or rented a place on Exchange Place without realizing (again, duh) some spirited ethnic and other festivals are going to happen right there, where people from all over Jersey City and beyond are encouraged to come together and celebrate, and there's going to be noise at 2 a.m. and litter afterwards ... and people's customs and ways may not be something you're familiar with -- and no one's party will ever be legislated and restricted to your liking ... oh, well; too bad, so sad. Get over it or move.

But all I'm saying is, in the meanwhile, don't imply that Puerto Rican folks or any other ethnic or social group has no business being in "your neighborhood," promote the idea that people are "thugs," and then claim it's not a racist attitude.

Just my two cents.

Later, gators.

Posted on: 2015/8/21 14:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
It never ceases to amaze me how certain people on this board cannot comment on any issue except through their own ?social justice prism?. Thus every other contrary opinion is invalid because it formed on institutional racism and white privilege. Consequently, all contrarians are branded and dismissed as racists.

All people are asking for is accountability on the part of all festival organizers and the city to ensure festivals safe and happy events for all the attendees. They are quick to label people but they never acknowledge that there are issues with celebrations that go on for 2 days and end on Sunday night 8:00pm with police cars, sirens blaring in response to 911 calls. Exchange Place is the perfect location for these festivals, my favorite is the South American festival? we just want the guests to be considerate of the neighbors and the waterfront environment.

+1. Very well said.

The ethnic group that puts on the parade doesn't mean a damn thing to me or most others. It just so happens that of all the parades and festivals that happen in Jersey City, the Puerto Rican routinely leaves the most trash, has the most drunken brawls, has damaged property of the surrounding neighborhood in the past, there have been many locals harassed by parade attendees, they blare their music longer then their noise permit allows and have a general disrespect for the surrounding neighborhood. Do I, or anybody else who hates this event, think that all Puerto Ricans are that way? ABSOLUTELY NOT. Only the ones that come to this noisy, obnoxious and all around dirty event that disregards the law and disrespects everyone around it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, there are a lot of other parades and festivals in Jersey City and in my experience, none affect the neighborhoods to anywhere near the degree that Puerto Rican festival does. We live in a city, we have to expect noise and garbage sometimes, I get it, but the lack of accountability by the festival organizers is frustrating and the added police costs are ridiculous, but the minute anybody (city official or not) demands more accountability for this particular event or suggest it be scaled down somewhat, the holier-than-thou crowd (some associated with this festival some not), says they are racist for trying to control something that is a source of frustration and takes up more police resources than any other event in the city.

The city has to treat every event the same, it seems, no matter how much trouble they cause or they're considered racists and it is a shame they have to be put in that awkward position. It's not fair to the locals at all.

Next year, give them a permit to hold the festival in that empty field by the abandoned warehouse with the Bradlees trucks. Oh sorry, I'm a racist for suggesting that.

Posted on: 2015/8/21 13:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

Well said.

Exactly, well said. Plenty of people (like me) enjoy a lot of the festivals, and the life they bring to the dead zone that is Exchange Place on weekends. And the poster who referred to the "soft racism" implied by the lowered expectations of the Puerto Rican festival is right - it's not racist to expect any group to have fun, make a little noise, clean up after themselves, and go home. That's just being civilized.

Posted on: 2015/8/21 12:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/21 14:20
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

Well said.

Posted on: 2015/8/21 3:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Any parade isn't an excuse to behave badly, regardless if it's a St. Patrick's Day parade or one for Puerto Rican pride.

Don't litter, don't fight, and act like an adult.

Carry on.

And if you can't, then don't expect to get a free pass for behaving like an idiot.

Posted on: 2015/8/21 0:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/8/21 0:40

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
Meant "wealth" -- and "dearth" came out of my fingers in my haste. Proofreading grade: D-minus. Gotcha. Noted. Admonished. But I know the definition.

There's your correction for the record; an errata, as it were.

I stand by the rest and still call out your thinly veiled, racist remarks and "property values" smoke-and-mirrors crap for what it is. And I don't know if I can agree that you and like-minded folks are "civilized." But we can agree to disagree.

(BTW, no hyphen for "thinly" and "veiled" because the adjective ends with an LY, right? Right)

Listen, I spend my life walking by the side of a good man who happens to be black, and see this nonsense thrown at him all day, every day.

("every day" is two words there, right? Right)

And it's overt and subtle, and everything in between. It starts with color and ethnicity and then economic bias and class bullshit. And never ends.

I know it when I see it. And sure, you're making facially rational arguments, and sure it's intelligent and nuanced, point by point. But it smells. It actually stinks badly.

We just want nice things! My property values! Can't we all agree this is an unsavory element? Blah, blah. Spare me.

"Best of luck" with your "clean-up campaign" down there near the waterfront. Hope it doesn't affect the Village Neighborhood, where there's still a good vibe. Fingers crossed that it stays that way.

(Quotation marks intended for sarcastic inflection, and clean-hyphen-up for the compound modifier, right? Right)

I'll wave your way next time I'm coming down to throw down at a festival. Which will probably be this weekend with the gay folks.

And no -- I didn't proofread again. Haha. I love grammar and English ... but it's not that serious. Later!

Peace,
HSG

Posted on: 2015/8/20 22:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HippieShowgirl wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Never mind that property values in these areas are rising through the roof, indicating the majority of people agree and want to live in these areas and don't want degenerates around creating problems.

And never mind that I'm pretty sure "jcguy05" is actually Asian.

Forget all that, you're right. This is a classic example of "white privilege." I'm glad you were here to clear that up.

Yeah, it's all about the property values, right. Okay. We'll go with that ... sure.

Oh, yeah ... and the "degenerates."

But don't you mean "scary brown-skinned and/or non-English-speaking degenerates who don't deserve to be in my trendy and elite neighborhood"? Maybe? No? Funny, that was my inference ...

You know, I can speak from a dearth of experience here. You should check out Sparta or Basking Ridge. Their festivals are very orderly and tidy. And also very vanilla. Almost stepford-like. I know because I spent almost 20-plus years trapped in a similar haven of white privilege.

But as soon as I was able to get things in order where I could run like hell to an ethnically diverse area with life and culture -- and hey, maybe a bit more mess and noise that comes with it -- I escaped and ran as fast as I could. So I could breathe. But that's another story.

I hate that people are trying to change it. It infuriates me, frankly.

For the sake of "property values." Sure.

Community and quality of life and that whole "melting pot thing" ... human-to-human interaction, with respect and love is my priority, not your stinkin' "property values" (which, by the way, are or used to be pretty baller in Sparta and Basking Ridge, among other privileged communities not too far from here, like where I lived ... and by your standards, there are no "degenerates" ... at least not a lot of brown-skinned "degenerates"who don't speak English, if that's the concern)

Sorry to hear that crappy areas becoming much nicer "infuriates" you. Unfortunately, that's how the majority of civilized people want to live, hence the skyrocketing property values.

But like I said before, there are PLENTY of "ethnically diverse areas with life and culture" around. So perk up, you have many options to move to once DTJC becomes too "vanilla" for you.

Your "inferences" about "scary brown-skinned" people speak volumes about your psyche. Where I see bad behavior, you see color, and call it scary. You may want to deal with that. For what it's worth, I agree with the posters who would not want the Hoboken St. Patrick's Day parade here. I think you'd see just as much degenerate behavior from the largely lily white participants.

And I can tell you speak from a dearth of experience here. We can agree on that. But you might want to look up what that word means...

Posted on: 2015/8/20 21:59

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Never mind that property values in these areas are rising through the roof, indicating the majority of people agree and want to live in these areas and don't want degenerates around creating problems.

Forget all that, you're right. This is a classic example of "white privilege." I'm glad you were here to clear that up.

Yeah, it's all about the property values, right. Okay. We'll go with that ... sure.

Oh, yeah ... and the "degenerates."

But don't you mean "scary brown-skinned and/or non-English-speaking degenerates who don't deserve to be in my trendy and elite neighborhood"? Maybe? No? Funny, that was my inference ...

You know, I can speak from a dearth of experience here. You should check out Sparta or Basking Ridge. Their festivals are very orderly and tidy. And also very vanilla. Almost stepford-like. I know because I spent almost 20-plus years trapped in a similar haven of white privilege.

But as soon as I was able to get things in order where I could run like hell to an ethnically diverse area with life and culture -- and hey, maybe a bit more mess and noise that comes with it -- I escaped and ran as fast as I could. So I could breathe. But that's another story.

I hate that people are trying to change it. It infuriates me, frankly.

For the sake of "property values." Sure.

Community and quality of life and that whole "melting pot thing" ... human-to-human interaction, with respect and love is my priority, not your stinkin' "property values" (which, by the way, are or used to be pretty baller in Sparta and Basking Ridge, among other privileged communities not too far from here, like where I lived ... and by your standards, there are no "degenerates" ... at least not a lot of brown-skinned "degenerates"who don't speak English, if that's the concern)

Posted on: 2015/8/20 21:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:

The only one making stupid and clueless comments is you.

1) Stop keep trying to bring race into the conversation, it could be puerto ricans, chinese, whites, etc.. doesnt change the discussion, and race has nothing to do with it.

WHAAAT!? The person that brought race into this was YOU. Should I quote your original post?

Quote:

My question is who the hell organized this, and WHY does it have to be in downtown jersey city waterfront? There are very few puerto ricans here.

oh, yeah, and this too:

Quote:

Wouldnt it make more sense to have a puerto ricans parade where there is a dense population of well....puerto ricans?

Quote:

2) Majority of those people at the parade dont live in the waterfront area (paulus hook), you can recite your history all day long, but anyone at the parade with a pair of eyes can see it (except you maybe).

First of all, not all of the waterfront area is part of Paulus Hook. In fact, in case you are so clueless as to know this, Exchange Place is NOT part of Paulus Hook. Secondly, this has nothing to do with history. And, even less with where parade goers and festival participants reside. That's about the stupidest comment you have made so far. So, should only people who live between Brunswick and Monmouth be allowed to attend the Festa Italiana?

Quote:

3) The whole issue is having a noisy uncontrolled shtfest with fist fights, drinking, and littering everywhere in the middle of a residential area with no respect to the people living nearby. Paulus hook is a residential area, it is not times square despite what you want to argue it has the word "downtown" in it. Same as you wont have this shtshow in upper west side even though it's also in a city.

Once again, you seem to confuse Paulus Hook with Exchange Place. The "festival" part of the event was moved to Exchange Place a few years ago precisely because it was considered less disruptive to have it in an area that is sparsely populated. In fact, that entire area is essentially dead during weekends. But, I wouldn't expect you to know or understand that since you claim to have lived here for 11 years and just learned about this festival, which takes place annually.

Quote:

4) You continue to exhibit delusional thoughts that somehow this mess can be controlled and the people at this parade can be made to respect the neighborhood by asking for a deposit or talking to the organizers.

No, what I said is that the city should demand a deposit large enough to act as a contingency to help address any associated damages or littering, as has been the experience in the past. Hopefully, if the deposit is large enough, the organizers would feel compelled to try and rein in the mess and out of control behavior. And, once again, I will state what have always been my position with regards to this festival: I don't like it, and I certainly don't approve of the mess and chaos that always seems to come with it. I just keep replying to your posts because you keep displaying astounding ignorance and cluelessness.

Posted on: 2015/8/20 20:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HippieShowgirl wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Now it just so happens that property values are going through the roof in these "sterile" areas but you can ignore that fact, as it probably makes you uncomfortable. Move to Camden or Newark and you can be around all the vibrancy and diversity you want!

Was just in a discussion yesterday about how hard it is to describe "white privilege" in a tangible way, when it comes to systemic societal and institutional racism, et cetera. If nothing else, this thread, replete with statements like this, sheds some light.

So thanks for that ... I guess ...

And WOW. Just wow.

There is also a great underlying irony in the post as well. Said poster doesn't make enough money to purchase a home in one of these neighborhoods that has all this incredible increase in property value which means he falls in the category of "degenerates" that nobody wants to be around...

Posted on: 2015/8/20 20:03
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HippieShowgirl wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Now it just so happens that property values are going through the roof in these "sterile" areas but you can ignore that fact, as it probably makes you uncomfortable. Move to Camden or Newark and you can be around all the vibrancy and diversity you want!

Was just in a discussion yesterday about how hard it is to describe "white privilege" in a tangible way, when it comes to systemic societal and institutional racism, et cetera. If nothing else, this thread, replete with statements like this, sheds some light.

And WOW. Just wow.

People don't want to be around chaotic, terrible behavior?

Instead of calling a neighborhood "white washed" and "sterile," they would say it is quiet, residential, and offers a high quality of life?

And they don't like it when this is disrupted, and when liberals attack them for getting upset by inappropriately using race as a proxy for bad behavior?

Boom, white privilege identified!

Never mind that DTJC is actually diverse (in the traditional sense, not the warped definition the liberals use).

Posted on: 2015/8/20 19:57

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

And WOW. Just wow.

Posted on: 2015/8/20 19:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MikeyTBC wrote:
Quote:

PEC0905 wrote:
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
They need to move this mess of a "parade" out of downtown, why would you have this kind of chaos in the middle of a residential area? This is so messed up.

Move this to times square, 34th macys etc.. not in the middle of a residential area!

Petition fulop: http://stevenfulop.com/submit-your-suggestion

You keep making silly comments...

How are you going to move a JERSEY CITY event to Times Square or 34th Street? Besides, NYC has its own PR DAY parade, which happened two months ago.

No, seriously, how long have you lived here, or in this region? You strike me as one of those people that moves right next to a bar and then complains about people, noise and drinking. Or, next to an airport and then complain about the overhead noise from planes coming and going. You moved to Jersey City, where this parade has been an annual event for 55 years. Maybe you should have done your research ahead of time.

i moved here in 2004 when i bought my condo, this is the first time i encountered the PR "parade".

increase the deposit will not stop the fights, noise, garbage and chaos, short of them decide to cancel the event.

organizer will never be able to enforce and stop such chaos.

you are being very naive.

and those comparisons to airport/bar makes no sense. You really expect people to do their "research" and find out about this parade before they move here? who's the one making silly comments now?

I have been to many events in the waterfront including india festivals, flea markets that was setup, concerts by the watrerfront etc... nothing was like this PR parade, many of those people have no respect for anything.

bottomline is the majority of those crowds from the pr parade clearly do not live here, they come in, make a total mess, then leaves. I could careless if you think that's fine, i dont.

Cry me a river jcguy.

Don't try to turn JC into a sterile white washed yuppie playground like Park Slope and Hoboken.

Too late...at least for DTJC.

And that's a great thing. There are plenty of neighborhoods that will allow you to enjoy the rich benefits of diversity. Far more than the "sterile, white washed" ones.

Now it just so happens that property values are going through the roof in these "sterile" areas but you can ignore that fact. Those people don't get it like you do. But you can move to Camden or Newark and you can be around all the vibrancy and diversity you want!

Posted on: 2015/8/20 19:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PEC0905 wrote:
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
They need to move this mess of a "parade" out of downtown, why would you have this kind of chaos in the middle of a residential area? This is so messed up.

Move this to times square, 34th macys etc.. not in the middle of a residential area!

Petition fulop: http://stevenfulop.com/submit-your-suggestion

You keep making silly comments...

How are you going to move a JERSEY CITY event to Times Square or 34th Street? Besides, NYC has its own PR DAY parade, which happened two months ago.

No, seriously, how long have you lived here, or in this region? You strike me as one of those people that moves right next to a bar and then complains about people, noise and drinking. Or, next to an airport and then complain about the overhead noise from planes coming and going. You moved to Jersey City, where this parade has been an annual event for 55 years. Maybe you should have done your research ahead of time.

i moved here in 2004 when i bought my condo, this is the first time i encountered the PR "parade".

increase the deposit will not stop the fights, noise, garbage and chaos, short of them decide to cancel the event.

organizer will never be able to enforce and stop such chaos.

you are being very naive.

and those comparisons to airport/bar makes no sense. You really expect people to do their "research" and find out about this parade before they move here? who's the one making silly comments now?

I have been to many events in the waterfront including india festivals, flea markets that was setup, concerts by the watrerfront etc... nothing was like this PR parade, many of those people have no respect for anything.

bottomline is the majority of those crowds from the pr parade clearly do not live here, they come in, make a total mess, then leaves. I could careless if you think that's fine, i dont.

Cry me a river jcguy.

Don't try to turn JC into a sterile white washed yuppie playground like Park Slope and Hoboken.

Too late...at least for DTJC.

Posted on: 2015/8/20 19:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Adonis wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Pebbles is a fool... this is the only festival that goes on for 2 days. Why??? You never see this kind of behavior with the other festivals. Not sure if many of the losers are even from Jersey City.

Quote:

Fomite wrote:
The other festivals DO NOT end the same way. For years the Puerto Rican Day Festival ends in a mess. I had to listen to people blast air horns till 3am and there was trash EVERYWHERE.

You're so very right. It's only those dirty Puerto Ricans. You never see this at, say, the Hoboken St. Patty's Day festival...

What? Have you been living under a selective rock or something? The Hoboken St. Paddy's Day has been rightly singled out by residents and politicians as untenable over recent years. It has been roundly and correctly criticized by everyone. Major steps have been taken to address the issue.

So comparing the Puerto Rican festival to the Hoboken St. Paddy's Day for similarity purposes is dumb, dumb, dumb. People only defend the Puerto Rican festival due to the soft bigotry of low expectations. The Hoboken St. Paddy's Day festival doesn't enjoy the immunity provided by such bigotry, thankfully.

Hey look! It's our neighborhood clown...
Resized Image

Posted on: 2015/8/20 19:27
Dos A Cero

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact