Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Dinner/Bar-hopping advice
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/21 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
Jame o

Posted on: 2015/7/17 19:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bill wrote:
How do you pronounce it? JAM-O, JAME-O?

It's pronounced "Bush".

Posted on: 2015/7/17 19:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
How do you pronounce it? JAM-O, JAME-O?

Posted on: 2015/7/17 18:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ank00 wrote:
You had nothing positive to add to the thread. It's one thing if you suggested a few place and then you ended up making those comments. It would have been funny and well taken. Otherwise - you sound like a troll.

Man, your friends are sure to have a great time with a fun loving guy like you. I'm jealous.

Posted on: 2015/7/17 18:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
I thought it was funny, too. And while I didn't get the "jamo" reference, I'll use it regularly going forward. Lighten up, people, this forum - and the JC "dining scene" - isn't exactly the crisis in Sudan.

OP, enjoy your night out.

Posted on: 2015/7/17 17:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

irish wrote:
Gordon, Jamo is Jameson. Ty for spotting jc neighbors poor grammar. Lol lol lol. My post was meant to be humorous. I welcome humor on a daily basis.

I thought it was hilarious!

Posted on: 2015/7/17 15:58

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/23 12:49
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

irish wrote:
I honestly don't understand how anybody could of taken my post for anything but a joke. Wow.

Agreed. It was good-natured humor to me.

Posted on: 2015/7/17 15:53

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Gordon, Jamo is Jameson. Ty for spotting jc neighbors poor grammar. Lol lol lol. My post was meant to be humorous. I welcome humor on a daily basis.

Posted on: 2015/7/17 14:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/30 19:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcneighbor wrote:
Quote:

irish wrote:
Start at he McDonald's on grove for an app. I suggest the $1 mozzarella sticks. Then head over to the liquor store for a 40oz of OE. When that's done, take a stroll down Newark ave and stop in barcade for a game of frogger. Then you can head to the keyhole for some cheap jamo. Then have some more cheap jamo. As a matter of fact, just keep drinking jamo until Hollywood fried chicken sounds appetizing and then you can fill up on chicken and fries. Bonus: you can order just one rib! Your welcome.

Nominated for least-helpful reply this year...

And it's "You're welcome", not "Your welcome". You obviously aren't married (or at least not happily) because you don't seem to get the idea of wanting to take your wife out for a fun night. Maybe he has young children and a babysitter lined up and just wants to have a little private time with his wife out on the town.

Bar is your call; lot's of choices.

irish: I thought you were funny. :) Except I don't know what 'jamo' is.

jcneighbor: It is "lots of choices", not "lot's of choices".

Posted on: 2015/7/17 12:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/9 1:00
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcneighbor wrote:
Wow, this forum is getting nuts. The guy was simply asking for suggestions on where to take his wife out for a date night. When you're the parents of a 2-year-old life is pretty stressful and he has a babysitter for tomorrow. So he was asking for suggestions. Not levity, not sarcasm, not attacks. Just helpful suggestions and information. That's what this forum used to be about and still should be for those of us who live in JC (some of us for decades) and it sure would be nice if this forum could return to its original intent.

So it would be wonderful if people would post when they have something HELPFUL to add to the question at hand and otherwise not post at all-

you are taking this too seriously

Posted on: 2015/7/17 7:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/18 1:42
From Botswana
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcneighbor wrote:
Wow, this forum is getting nuts. The guy was simply asking for suggestions on where to take his wife out for a date night. When you're the parents of a 2-year-old life is pretty stressful and he has a babysitter for tomorrow. So he was asking for suggestions. Not levity, not sarcasm, not attacks. Just helpful suggestions and information. That's what this forum used to be about and still should be for those of us who live in JC (some of us for decades) and it sure would be nice if this forum could return to its original intent.

So it would be wonderful if people would post when they have something HELPFUL to add to the question at hand and otherwise not post at all-

I see. So, Positivity? Faith? Is this your message? Do I have it right? Lol. And Hemingway might say:

It was all a nothing and a man was a nothing too. It was only that and light was all it needed and a certain cleanness and order. Some lived in it and never felt it but he knew it all was nada y pues nada y naday pues nada. Our nada who art in nada, nada be thy name thy kingdom nada thy will be nada in nada as it is in nada. Give us this nada our daily nada and nada us our nada as we nada our nadas and nada us not into nada but deliver us from nada; pues nada. Hail nothing full of nothing, nothing is with thee.

Frankly, you come out here as a weak COWARD. Your posts are that of cowardice, undoubtedly a victim of the opiate of religion, so prophetically termed by the great African American writer, Richard Wright.

Wow, no defense, no nada. Who on earth do you fancy yourself?

Give us this nada our daily nada and nada us our nada as we nada our nadas and nada us into nada but deliver us from nada; pues nada

Hemingway

Posted on: 2015/7/17 4:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Botswana
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcneighbor wrote:

Yet, you took issue with a petty grammatical error.

Goodie-goodie you are.

Posted on: 2015/7/17 2:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/10 13:10
From Downtown JC, VVP Area
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/7/17 2:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Botswana
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

irish wrote:
Start at he McDonald's on grove for an app. I suggest the $1 mozzarella sticks. Then head over to the liquor store for a 40oz of OE. When that's done, take a stroll down Newark ave and stop in barcade for a game of frogger. Then you can head to the keyhole for some cheap jamo. Then have some more cheap jamo. As a matter of fact, just keep drinking jamo until Hollywood fried chicken sounds appetizing and then you can fill up on chicken and fries. Bonus: you can order just one rib! Your welcome.

AHHH, HA HA HA!!! And LOL!!! Thanks for the levity! The ?well-paid? neo liberal capitalists work hard for their money and boy, do they ever want you to know it, lol. And as to what social value they add? Well likely not much.

Quote:

jcneighbor wrote:
And it's "You're welcome", not "Your welcome".

As if you weren't able to make meaning, lol. As if some major grammatical faux pas. What are you in third grade?

Quote:

ank00 wrote:
@Irish - appreciate the advice. Judging from your response, maybe your paycheck doesn't allow you to hit up places like the others have recommended on this forum. Either that or no one taught you how to appreciate a woman in your life when you were growing up.

Goodie-goodie for you and your paycheck! Of course, you have lived such a very ?correct? life. Were it me as the OP, I'd have shrugged it off with amusement.

Posted on: 2015/7/16 23:13

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/10 23:12
From Henderson Yards
Group:
Registered Users
South House is opening on Friday, so that might be worth stopping into. In my experience, you can't go wrong with the Newark Ave/Grove St loop.

I've had great experiences combining a few of the below, have a great evening.

Start things off at:
Barcade - $1 off til 7
Porta Rooftop - not rowdy early

Grab apps:
Raval tapas
Orale guac
Talde bar food

For Dinner:
Port-O paella
Just Beclaws (messy, not really date food)
Union Republic
Madame Claude

Dessert:
Torico ice cream

Nightcap:
Dullboy
Third and Vine
LITM

Posted on: 2015/7/16 21:39

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/5 18:14
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

zerkski wrote:
Relax on Irish people..

true dat.

Leave it to Irish to take us back to Swift.

Posted on: 2015/7/16 20:31

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/19 13:13
From Journal Square
Group:
Registered Users
Relax on Irish people..believe it or not, he just described my night out when my wife is away. An ice cold OE with Hollywood fried chicken is about as good as it gets for me! And depending on where you live, this night out with the wife, as Irish described, may be the norm for many JC couples with lack of funds! 30 Acres and Talde aren't the most friendly to the pocket y'all!

Posted on: 2015/7/16 20:19

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/28 2:00
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
You had nothing positive to add to the thread. It's one thing if you suggested a few place and then you ended up making those comments. It would have been funny and well taken. Otherwise - you sound like a troll.

Posted on: 2015/7/16 19:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
With that sense of humor, Irish.....

Posted on: 2015/7/16 19:29

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you jc livin. Glad you picked up on the joke and the reference. I'm amazed that from one post, you guys/girls have me single/unhappily married and broke. I honestly don't understand how anybody could of taken my post for anything but a joke. Wow.

Posted on: 2015/7/16 19:25

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/4/24 22:03
Group:
Registered Users
I can only assume Irish is joking, and obviously it didn't go over very well. But I, for one, appreciated his reference to one of the most enjoyable movies ever.

Enjoy your night out, OP.

Posted on: 2015/7/16 18:44

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/6 18:15
From DT
Group:
Registered Users
in all fairness to irish, maybe he/she is part of the "anti" movement...the "takeitback" movement. if you were to "takeitback", it would be a reasonable night out...

Posted on: 2015/7/16 18:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/14 15:34
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Same boat with the terrible twos, I wonder if we know each other?

If it is nice out and you are going on the earlier side, the Taphaus Beirgarden down in Crystal Point has a nice view and is on the water, it's a bit of hike from Newark, but it's a cheap Uber. Then I'd hit 30 Acres which in my mind is the best spot in JC. I'd swing over to Barcade/Dullboy for another drink and have a nightcap at 3rd and Vine, although Union Republic has some fantastic cocktails these days.

Posted on: 2015/7/16 17:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
ank00, LOL! K-Lo and I have "been there and done that" and, if your wife is a stay-at-home full-time Mom, trust me she'll appreciate it. Have a great evening!

Posted on: 2015/7/16 17:38

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/28 2:00
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks JCneighbour...appreciate the feedback and you are spot on. Finally got someone to watch our two year old who is definitely in his "terrible" twos.

@Irish - appreciate the advice. Judging from your response, maybe your paycheck doesn't allow you to hit up places like the others have recommended on this forum. Either that or no one taught you how to appreciate a woman in your life when you were growing up.

Posted on: 2015/7/16 17:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

irish wrote:

Nominated for least-helpful reply this year...

And it's "You're welcome", not "Your welcome". You obviously aren't married (or at least not happily) because you don't seem to get the idea of wanting to take your wife out for a fun night. Maybe he has young children and a babysitter lined up and just wants to have a little private time with his wife out on the town.

To ank00, I'm with K-Lo about going somewhere kinda QUIET for dinner so you can actually talk. If you can get there early-ish, how about Madame Claude's? It's BYO, so bring a bottle of choice, and cash only. Great food and not expensive.

Bar is your call; lot's of choices.

Posted on: 2015/7/16 17:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/7/16 17:03

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/7/16 16:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
If you actually want to speak to your wife and hear her answers, you might want to go elsewhere for dinner.

Posted on: 2015/7/16 15:47

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/25 12:21
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Start at Doughboy for a cocktail
Raval for another cocktail and a few tapas
Third and Vine for some wine, cheeses/meats
Talde for dinner (make sure you get the crab fried rice) and a night cap downstairs if you can get down there

Posted on: 2015/7/16 15:22

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017