Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
58 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 58

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: JC mayor purchases house in the Heights (PHOTOS)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/4 19:30
Group:
Registered Users
Actually I can imagine the mayor circling the block looking for parking" .. . why is that weird?

Posted on: 2015/6/17 19:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
12/27 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

rescuelife wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Fulop also has a motorcycle. He wears a mayor one jacket.

Serious question: Although your obsession with Mayor Fulop is well documented, rank the following in order of how much you think about them: (1) Mayor Fulop, (2) your poor husband, (3) Jesus. I imagine it's a tight race for that top spot.

Rescue without a life you have an obsession with me. Perhaps I should notify the authorities.

Posted on: 2015/6/17 19:41

Heights Prices Going Through the Roof.
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/8 18:36
Group:
Registered Users
That whole area in the Heights near the Congress Street Light Rail Station has changed dramatically in the last few years. It has made major improvements in that section of the City. More and More Business Professionals are buying everything that's available. Coffee Shops are opening up, Personal Training Gyms are opening and Art Galleries are opening.
Riverview Park has festivities every weekend in the nice weather months. The whole section is having a renaissance.

Posted on: 2015/6/17 19:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/25 7:33
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
Mayor made a terrible purchase if he actually paid 700k+, for that amount of money you can buy a house in rutherford, glen rock or even ridgewood where the area and schools are infinitely better.

Keep in mind most people buy single family have kids who need good schools.

I actually commend him for not leaving the city in which he is mayor. Why a terrible purchase? The area is undergoing major changes right now.
His NYC view is gorgeous. I think that people should purchase according to their own priorities. Some prefer neighborhoods, some prefer hubs - he has the best of both - nearby shops, farmer's market, shoprite at base of elevator, coffee shops, new bars opening, lite rail elevator, access to Hoboken and Lincoln tunnel, 2 parks.

I am just glad he stayed in Jersey City. I think that local politicians should stay local.

Posted on: 2015/6/17 19:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/17 15:41
Group:
Registered Users
Welcome to the neighborhood Mayor Fulop!

Posted on: 2015/6/17 19:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

rescuelife wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Serious question: Although your obsession with Mayor Fulop is well documented, rank the following in order of how much you think about them: (1) Mayor Fulop, (2) your poor husband, (3) Jesus. I imagine it's a tight race for that top spot.

You left off (4) Parking.

Posted on: 2015/6/17 18:19
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/21 14:20
Group:
Registered Users
Mayor made a terrible purchase if he actually paid 700k+, for that amount of money you can buy a house in rutherford, glen rock or even ridgewood where the area and schools are infinitely better.

Keep in mind most people buy single family have kids who need good schools.

Posted on: 2015/6/17 18:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/28 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2015/6/17 18:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Now that's a dream commute, If more people worked in Jersey City the heights is the way to go. Congrats, nice to hear Bergen Lafayette priced the mayor OUT!
did bergen lafayette really price fulop out, or did fulop not bid aggressively enough because his girlfriend did not want to live there....honestly, there is a shooting every damn week in bergen lafayette.

Bergen-Lafayette is a rather stupid moniker to begin with since its basically two different neighborhoods lumped together for no real reason. Additionally, it's a very large area. So saying there is a shooting there very week, when many of these shootings are taking place so very far away from various locations, is just a silly argument.

However, yeah, he's likely priced out, he doesn't feel the value for the home is on par or he just really liked the view that he was getting out of his back deck (most likely).

I love the what I call "no borders" argument because to be honest, we are all on planet Earth so downtown jersey City is just as dangerous as Fallujah Iraq....

I'm not even sure what the point is that you are trying to make. I can safely state that the block I live on is just about as safe as every neighborhood downtown. That doesn't mean that every block in Bergen Hill or the Lafayette area is just as safe, but it does point out that lumping in a giant section of town because of a few spot incidents doesn't quite cut it.

As for your thought that Fulop could buy "All of Bergen-Lafayette and Greenville" for what he paid... well, that just shows ignorance or that you're simply trolling. (I'll go with the latter.)

Posted on: 2015/6/17 17:32
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/22 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
The real question is - does this property come with parking? The house next to his has parking, is that part of his property? Or will he rent a garage on Mountain Road? The mayor has been eliminating parking for regular folks all over JC.

You can pay for parking if you want.

Posted on: 2015/6/17 17:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Now that's a dream commute, If more people worked in Jersey City the heights is the way to go. Congrats, nice to hear Bergen Lafayette priced the mayor OUT!

For the price he paid for his new home, he could have purchased the entire B-L neighborhood and gotten Greenville thrown in for free.

Posted on: 2015/6/17 17:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
did bergen lafayette really price fulop out, or did fulop not bid aggressively enough because his girlfriend did not want to live there....honestly, there is a shooting every damn week in bergen lafayette.

Bergen-Lafayette is a rather stupid moniker to begin with since its basically two different neighborhoods lumped together for no real reason. Additionally, it's a very large area. So saying there is a shooting there very week, when many of these shootings are taking place so very far away from various locations, is just a silly argument.

However, yeah, he's likely priced out, he doesn't feel the value for the home is on par or he just really liked the view that he was getting out of his back deck (most likely).

I love the what I call "no borders" argument because to be honest, we are all on planet Earth so downtown jersey City is just as dangerous as Fallujah Iraq....

Posted on: 2015/6/17 17:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

Posted on: 2015/6/17 14:25
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

Posted on: 2015/6/17 13:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/6/17 13:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/6/17 12:12

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/1 15:46
From Departing Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
He used to drive Audi A6 when he lived here on Essex St.

Posted on: 2015/6/17 11:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/15 0:07
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

jctexan wrote:
According to the real estate listing, there is no parking.

Well, I guess he will be renting a garage on Mountain Road, there are many private garages there. I do not think the mayor will circle the block like the rest of JC folks waiting for a parking space to appear.

Perhaps you are correct since he, unlike others, doesn't seem to think that free street parking is a right. BTW, does he own a car?

Posted on: 2015/6/17 11:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Not everyone takes the train or bus to NYC.

I always laugh at the people that don't. The amount of traffic they put up with is hilarious.

Posted on: 2015/6/17 2:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I bring this up as an issue since some new construction downtown now has no parking and the mayor has taken a parking lot in Journal Square away from the courts which was also used by the public in the evening for development. Previously, all new development required one to one parking. Once Fulop became councilman, he reduced parking for downtown and this is now what is happening in other parts of the city as mayor. Not everyone takes the train or bus to NYC.

Posted on: 2015/6/17 2:44

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/22 22:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

jctexan wrote:

Well, I guess he will be renting a garage on Mountain Road, there are many private garages there. I do not think the mayor will circle the block like the rest of JC folks waiting for a parking space to appear.

Can I ask how the Mayor is taking away parking from JC folks?
Parking is always a problem in a city (unfortunately) that's one of the reasons people move to the burbs. If he is using a parking lot it only means that the problem exists, has existed and that's why the parking lots exist Serving its purpose. I am one of those people that have to circle the block and it would be great if there was resident parking permits.

Posted on: 2015/6/17 1:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jctexan wrote:

Posted on: 2015/6/17 1:39

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/2/23 1:38
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/6/17 1:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
IMHO, we are in another real estate bubble. The sale prices have exceeded the rent equivalent value... just like they did back in 2004.... and 1987....

The place next door to me (which I wanted to buy) has multiple offers of $650k+. Its not a bad place.. but the wiring is inadequate, the plumbing is old, and it has lots of lead paint (its a 3 family with garages.. one of the apartments is trashed).

I would need to spend a $150k at a bare minimum to get the place up to code. No way I could charge enough rent to cover the investment. So I waved goodby to it.

I think this will all end once interest rates rise close to the the 6% to 8% that is typical for mortgages.. This run up in prices was only possible because the Federal Reserve printed money and bought lots of mortgage debt (which has now ended).

Posted on: 2015/6/17 1:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The real question is - does this property come with parking? The house next to his has parking, is that part of his property? Or will he rent a garage on Mountain Road? The mayor has been eliminating parking for regular folks all over JC.

Posted on: 2015/6/17 1:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
Undertaxed property. There will never be a reval now. Let's see if he'll try to ban chain stores from the Heights and start historic districting there as well...

Posted on: 2015/6/17 1:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

MDM wrote:
I am paying about $24k (4 family) with a view of a crappy vinyl sided two family across the street...

Is it really worth $1.15m? That must be some 4U! If not, why don't you appeal?

I did at the county level years back. I reduced my assessment by $83k. I was the only person who appealed that day and won. I really want to fix the siding on my place, which would make it look a hell of a lot better... however, I dread another tax increase and a tax appeal fight. My tenants have a habit of staying long term. Its hard to push through a rent increase.

My place is pretty big.. ugly though..

Posted on: 2015/6/17 1:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

MDM wrote:
I am paying about $24k (4 family) with a view of a crappy vinyl sided two family across the street...

Is it really worth $1.15m? That must be some 4U! If not, why don't you appeal?

Posted on: 2015/6/17 1:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
Quote:
home's price tag at $739,000, and says it has three decks with "direct New York City views." It last sold in 2012 for $415,000. Fulop's tax bill will be about $7,700.

Someone did well.

He may cancel the reval forever.. His taxes could be over $26k if it actually went through.

Posted on: 2015/6/17 1:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Our mayor will be paying ~1% taxes, while many of his constituents are paying 3%.

Posted on: 2015/6/17 0:58

« 1 (2) 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017