Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
57 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 57

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Man stabbed near Journal Square... he said he didn't have any money
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/1 15:38
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Wishful Thinking, are you serious?
?When I first moved to Manhattan in the late 1980s, we all carried ?mug money?

Who the hell is ?we???
Certainly not me or anyone I know. Someone try's to take your money you sort it.
Unbelievable.

And Zerkski, Bodhipooh is spot on with his below assessment of Wishful.

You have obviously not read enough of Wishfuls postings to grasp the full scope of his ?poor me, life has not gone as I planned? moronic complaining. Bodhipooh has summed it up nicely and accurately below.

Factor in my other problem with this constant complainer (who?s only been victimized by his own stupidity) is his constant bashing of the Heights. A neighborhood I have loved and lived in for 25 years. Never has the world owed anyone a favor greater than this whiner.

A shame you can?t sell that condo Wishful, the Heights can?t get rid of you fast enough.....
Stop complaining and change your lot in life if it?s so taxing....unbelievable.

Posted on: 2015/6/2 19:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

zerkski wrote:
bodipooh has way too much time on hands...almost like he's fracticing to be a social worker or counselor...damn bro relax...this is just a blog about JC!

I don't know what to say to that last post. Bodhipooh reminds me of that Geico commercial with the skit about why former drill sergeants make bad therapists...

Any word on how the guy who was stabbed is doing?

Posted on: 2015/6/2 17:54

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/19 13:13
From Journal Square
Group:
Registered Users
bodipooh has way too much time on hands...almost like he's fracticing to be a social worker or counselor...damn bro relax...this is just a blog about JC!

Posted on: 2015/6/2 16:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Wishful_Thinking wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Wishful_Thinking wrote:
When I first moved to Manhattan in the late 1980s, we all carried "mug money" - that you kept in your pocket, easy to get to. I think in those days $40.00 was considered the minimum sum to molify your assailant and keep from getting hurt!

I wonder what the amount is now, and if it varies by neighborhood?

Wow... You are a truly unhappy person with a victim complex: first you get priced out of NYC, choose to settle in JC Heights, hate your new life reality and neighborhood, and you are concerned with how much money it would take to "molify [sic] your assailant and keep from getting hurt!" You really ought to "change the script" and improve your view on life.

Thank you, Dr. Bodhipooh. Your "diagnosis" is off, though - a person can be unhappy with how their limited options affect their ability to be their own change agents, and their own decisions, and still not be a "victim". I agree with Carlos Castenda that we can either "make ourselves miserable, or make ourselves strong..."

I will forgo any further attempts at sardonically humorous asides about city life in the 80's, since that is clearly not my forte!

Signs of Victim Mentality
It has been suggested that individuals define themselves as a victim if they believe that:
- they were harmed;
- they were not responsible for the occurrence of the harmful act;
- they were under no obligation to prevent the harm;
- the harm constituted an injustice in that it violated their rights (if inflicted by a person) and/or in that they possessed qualities (e.g., strength or goodness of character) making them persons whom that harm did not befit
- they deserve sympathy.

Let's see:
- You feel you got pushed out of Manhattan because of gentrification [1,2,4,5 above]
- You bought in the Heights, but it has failed to gentrify, much to your chagrin (as evidenced by your multiple posts on the topic here) [1,2,5 above]
- You constantly whine about how the NJT busses that would be best for you fails to show up, or shows up late, or that other busses run more frequently and with less people [1,2,3,5]

The list is much longer... As others have already pointed out before: you are choosing to live a rather unhappy life. You have nothing good to say about your neighborhood, which you feel has failed to live up to your gentrification expectations, and everything about your commute, and related living experience, is one big downer. If you can't see that as part of a pattern of victim mentality, well...

Posted on: 2015/6/2 16:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Wishful_Thinking wrote:
When I first moved to Manhattan in the late 1980s, we all carried "mug money" - that you kept in your pocket, easy to get to. I think in those days $40.00 was considered the minimum sum to molify your assailant and keep from getting hurt!

Wow... You are a truly unhappy person with a victim complex: first you get priced out of NYC, choose to settle in JC Heights, hate your new life reality and neighborhood, and you are concerned with how much money it would take to "molify [sic] your assailant and keep from getting hurt!" You really ought to "change the script" and improve your view on life.

Thank you, Dr. Bodhipooh. Your "diagnosis" is off, though - a person can be unhappy with how their limited options affect their ability to be their own change agents, and their own decisions, and still not be a "victim". I agree with Carlos Castenda that we can either "make ourselves miserable, or make ourselves strong..."

I will forgo any further attempts at sardonically humorous asides about city life in the 80's, since that is clearly not my forte!

Posted on: 2015/6/2 14:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I think your $600 phone is more than enough in any neighborhood.

Posted on: 2015/6/2 13:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Wishful_Thinking wrote:

But, if you really want to continue living your life projecting yourself as a victim, here is something you may find useful: How to Make a Mugger's Wallet.

Posted on: 2015/6/2 12:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Wishful_Thinking wrote:

"Give me what you got" - pretty much means cash, wallet/purse, phone and jewelry.

On a separate note - keep interaction with muggers and beggars to an absolute minimum. Use simple gestures like shrugs instead of words. And avoid eye contact. They're likely desperate, deluded or both, so reasoning won't work.

Posted on: 2015/6/2 0:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/6/1 20:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Nearly two dozen police officers from Hudson County and seven mental health professionals began a one week, 40-hour Crisis Intervention Team training program this morning aimed at producing better outcomes when law enforcement interacts with the mentally ill in crisis situations.

More

Posted on: 2015/6/1 19:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
In the Greenville stabbing, it's more like what happens when hubby shows up past 3AM and seemingly couldn't 'splain where he'd been!

Posted on: 2015/6/1 0:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
This happens when government policy doesn't address or mitigate for our poor and destitute with mental health issues.

Mix that with substance abuse and this is what you get!

Correction: We do address the mental health issues reactively, via the prison system!

Posted on: 2015/5/31 23:57
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Lotsa stabbing going on, this one in Greenville

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... _husban.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2015/5/31 22:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Yesterday 15:15
Group:
Registered Users
Unfortunately, not much can be done about it. Vagrancy laws have been pretty much gutted by the courts and the state mental institutions are not what they used to be.

Years ago, a guy like that would likely have been put in an institution after his first run in with the law.

Posted on: 2015/5/31 21:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
jj comment:
Quote:
Beggars and homeless are out of control up the Square. There are tons of JC old-timers who still live in the Journal Square area.They used to get their daily exercise walking up to JSq to shop. No more?. talking to them they are now afraid to go because of the beggars in front of the stores.

I venture up the Square on most weekends just to look around (and dream of the good times) I will get hit up by young 20 something beggars every few stores. They get aggressive if you say no which I always make a point of doing. I could just imagine how bad it is weekdays over by the Path.

Does anyone want to go in with me to rent a billboard to put in the heart of JScare that says ?CLEAN ME!?. Come on Mayor Fulop clean it up for the old-times who never abandoned the city they love. Let them have their daily walk back.

Posted on: 2015/5/31 20:06

Man stabbed near Journal Square... he said he didn't have any money
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
By Ken Thorbourne | The Jersey Journal

A 53-year-old Bayonne man was stabbed in the gut near Journal Square yesterday evening by a shirtless man pushing a red cart after he told him he didn't have any money, according to police reports.

The victim flagged down police officers on foot patrol in the area of 2844 Kennedy Blvd. around 6:30 p.m. and told them he was just stabbed on the left side of his abdomen by the shirtless man who was meandering nearby, police reports said.

The victim told police the shirtless man asked his for a dollar, and when he told him he didn't have any money, the cart-pushing, topless beggar stabbed him with a knife, reports said.

When cops approached the shirtless man -- later identified as Jorge A. Perez, 52, of Youngstown, Ohio -- Perez "whipped his arms" and assumed a "hostile stance," according to police reports.

The officers got Perez to the ground and arrested him. They recovered a blood-smeared 8-inch knife in Perez's right pocket, reports said.

Story

Posted on: 2015/5/31 18:12

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017