Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
89 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 89

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Annoying Direct Energy salespeople

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/20 19:05
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Probably met the same 'gentleman' near Grand and Washington. I knew he wasn't from PSE&G as he claimed to be. When I asked for his ID, he knew the game was up.

Posted on: 2015/5/28 4:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/2 2:11
Group:
Registered Users
In terms of salesmenship, they are awful. I had 2 guys at my door last week when I arrived home. I assume one was training the other to be an ass, as first he said he was with PSE&G. I knew better and asked if their ID said PSE&G and then he backed off that line. Then he tried to tell me that I had not responded to their notices. After some back and forth (by now, he was beginning to tick me off), "their notice" was a statement in PSE&G bills that may make reference to being able to use other suppliers (I still haven't bothered looking for this on my bills). When I responded that I wasn't interested in switching, he repeatedly tried to tell me "it wasn't about my interest" but about responding to "their notice". By this point, even if I had the slightest interest in switching, I wouldn't. If this is how they try to bully perspective customers, you can imagine the bull___ they'll give you if you were an actual customer.

Hopefully, not many people will fall for their lines.

Posted on: 2015/5/27 17:14

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/17 0:33
From JC, Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Same thing last night on Grand near Washington; the guy had no ID to present, kept pushing his way in until I locked him out. He then rings another buzzer and he was in the lobby right behind me. The spam phone call are bad enough but this is over the line - calling PSEG and possibly the State.

Posted on: 2015/5/27 14:07

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/25 12:21
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
They were nice enough to stop by my apt on the evening on Memorial Day. I want to know how they even got into my building!

Posted on: 2015/5/27 14:05

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/1 13:25
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I meant to call PSEG about this yesterday. They were going door to door and when they got to my door he informed me that they were there to let me know I was delinquent on my bill. I told him I had just watched him knock on 5 neighbors doors and was he telling me the whole street was delinquent. He said yes. I told him I didn't have time for whatever he was selling.

Posted on: 2015/5/27 13:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Walk_Idiot_Walk wrote:
Three salespeople from Direct Energy just rang our doorbell at dinner time. They represented themselves as being connected to PSE&G and that if we didn't take immediate action our utility bills would greatly increase. When I asked for a PSE&G credential they couldn't produce one.

I told them I wasn't interested and then did a google search finding that this company uses pressure tactics door-to-door to have people choose Direct Energy over PSE&G. Beware of these folks, it appears to be a big scam.

Perhaps these very annoying and aggressive "salespeople" would fall under the municipal provisions for licensing of peddlers and solicitors?

If they're not licensed, they can be ticketed. Call the cops.

Licensing of Peddlars & Solicitors in JC - Muni Code

Reading further on - they cannot solicit after 6:00pm and ruin our dinnertimes:

"No person shall canvass within the city except between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. A copy of the licensee's photograph shall be carried on the license, which photograph shall be furnished by the applicant. The licensee shall exhibit his or her license to any police officer or other person upon request. The licensee shall be courteous to all persons in canvassing and shall not importune nor annoy any of the inhabitants of the city and shall conduct himself or herself in a lawful manner."

Posted on: 2015/5/26 23:51

Annoying Direct Energy salespeople
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/19 17:35
Group:
Registered Users
Three salespeople from Direct Energy just rang our doorbell at dinner time. They represented themselves as being connected to PSE&G and that if we didn't take immediate action our utility bills would greatly increase. When I asked for a PSE&G credential they couldn't produce one.

I told them I wasn't interested and then did a google search finding that this company uses pressure tactics door-to-door to have people choose Direct Energy over PSE&G. Beware of these folks, it appears to be a big scam.

Posted on: 2015/5/26 22:52

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017