Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
129 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 129

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: State of Emergency Declared for Tonight's/Tomorrow's Storm - JC Schools Closed
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
Haha. That's good to know.

However, given where we live - where can we go catch Iguanas when we run out of chicken???

Quote:

Wishful_Thinking wrote:
Quote:

tern wrote:
Typical irresponsible governor, he has not provided any information on statewide chicken availability.

Robin.

If you can't find any, I had Iguana when I was in Curacao, and it tasted just like chicken!

Posted on: 2015/3/6 5:08

Re: State of Emergency Declared for Tonight's/Tomorrow's Storm - JC Schools Closed
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tern wrote:
Typical irresponsible governor, he has not provided any information on statewide chicken availability.

Robin.

If you can't find any, I had Iguana when I was in Curacao, and it tasted just like chicken!

Posted on: 2015/3/5 19:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/15 11:50
From Village/HP
Group:
Registered Users
I agree with all of your points, except the hot coffee. They made a documentary about it, which changed my appreciation for the woman that happened to. It wasn't as frivolous as I thought:

http://www.hotcoffeethemovie.com/Default.asp

Posted on: 2015/3/5 17:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Well, I think this is a much bigger societal problem, or should I say breakdown of society. For example, what happened to:

- raising one's own children properly, teaching them discipline and boundaries, rather than outsourcing that to nannies (who don't care) or daycares? Or just trying to be "friends" with your kids????
- giving seats to the elderly and young on trains? During my second pregnancy, no one on the PATH train ever gave me a seat
- being responsible for one's own actions?
- using one's own brain (e.g. well, if you're buying a hot coffee from McD, it will be hot, right? Remember that law suit when someone sued McD because they were "burnt" by the hot coffee)?
- and the list goes on and on and on.....

Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

SRhia wrote:
I agree. We live in the NOrth East, and this is just typical winter weather. Why is this such a big deal - I mean I like that the government has snow and salt trucks all ready to go (great planning), so that everything can be as normal as possible, right!?!?!?!?! That's the whole point!!!

Quote:

NewportNJ wrote:
I remeber we all went to school during snowstorms when growing up, people nowadays are so soft.

It is because people will flip out and blame the politicians if there's a problem. They would rather be safe than sorry. I don't really blame them.

Posted on: 2015/3/5 17:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SRhia wrote:
I agree. We live in the NOrth East, and this is just typical winter weather. Why is this such a big deal - I mean I like that the government has snow and salt trucks all ready to go (great planning), so that everything can be as normal as possible, right!?!?!?!?! That's the whole point!!!

Quote:

NewportNJ wrote:
I remeber we all went to school during snowstorms when growing up, people nowadays are so soft.

It is because people will flip out and blame the politicians if there's a problem. They would rather be safe than sorry. I don't really blame them.

Posted on: 2015/3/5 15:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

NewportNJ wrote:

Posted on: 2015/3/5 15:29

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/12 19:50
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/3/5 14:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
I don't understand why they closed the schools so early, it's not even snowing. Right now at 2am, it's only rain & warm!

Posted on: 2015/3/5 6:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Where ARE YOU?

Resized Image

Posted on: 2015/3/5 4:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users

Robin.

Posted on: 2015/3/5 3:41

State of Emergency Declared for Tonight's/Tomorrow's Storm - JC Schools Closed
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
(JC SCHOOLS CLOSED TOMORROW - 3/5)

Christie orders state of emergency as winter storm bears down
NJ Advance Media for NJ.com By Paul Milo |
March 04, 2015 at 7:01 PM, updated March 04, 2015 at 8:17 PM

Gov. Chris Christie declared a state of emergency ahead of a winter storm expected to affect much of New Jersey Thursday.

"Tonight's storm is expected to produce travel hazards and potentially cause power outages throughout the state," Christie said in a statement early Wednesday night. "I've authorized state officials to take all necessary action to prepare, and my administration will continue monitoring conditions throughout the remainder of the storm. I encourage all New Jerseyans to drive carefully and remain off the roads if possible so that our first responders and public safety officials can safely respond to any emergency situations."

More

Posted on: 2015/3/5 3:25

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017