Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
123 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 123

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City councilman masters the art of the flip-flop
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/1 3:20
Group:
Registered Users
There is nothing that needs to be argued here when a letter of support is written for a councilman that advocates for the closure of Dickinson High School and building a new one on the south side of the city. That would leave Wards C and D without a High School. Boggiano may a a nice guy, but he needs to retire before he does some irreversible damage.

Posted on: 2015/2/17 1:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Did you ever read the Faulkner Act? I have. I don't want to mention the council people including this administration that have stated - "this is want the mayor wants" so they are voting that way. Basically, they are rubber stamps. Changing your mind means someone is listening.

Yvonne, Boggiano is sitting in a room and voting Yes on an issue until someone else in the room reminds him that he argued against it the night before. That's call not paying attention. It has nothing to do with whether or not he's doing anything wrong. He's simply not aware of what is going on.

As for the rest, well, you seem to have problems with reading comprehension. Being a "rubber stamp" can be a bad thing and it can be a good thing, it really depends on what the residents want. The problem is you seem to think that what you want is what you think everyone else should want. The fact is that there are a lot of people who are extensively smarter than you who disagree with your position and recognize some of the foolishness (see thread on kids getting jobs).

Posted on: 2015/2/17 0:00
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Maybe if the guy paid attention to what was going on at the council meetings he wouldn't need to change his vote during the same night...

I also find it of little surprise that Yvonne has decided to back Boggiano. For her, it's like a sporting event. Boggiano is on "her team" which means he never does anything wrong.

I will also add that this sentence is full of absurdity:
When the mayor selects his council team, it often ensures they will represent him and not the public.

Since mayors are elected by the public, isn't he at the behest of the public? Wouldn't a council-person pushing forward an agenda that the mayor ran on and won with be doing exactly what the public wants? Maybe one of the wards disagrees, but that doesn't mean that an effort isn't made on behalf of the public at large.

Did you ever read the Faulkner Act? I have. I don't want to mention the council people including this administration that have stated - "this is want the mayor wants" so they are voting that way. Basically, they are rubber stamps. Changing your mind means someone is listening.

Posted on: 2015/2/16 23:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe if the guy paid attention to what was going on at the council meetings he wouldn't need to change his vote during the same night...

I also find it of little surprise that Yvonne has decided to back Boggiano. For her, it's like a sporting event. Boggiano is on "her team" which means he never does anything wrong.

I will also add that this sentence is full of absurdity:
When the mayor selects his council team, it often ensures they will represent him and not the public.

Since mayors are elected by the public, isn't he at the behest of the public? Wouldn't a council-person pushing forward an agenda that the mayor ran on and won with be doing exactly what the public wants? Maybe one of the wards disagrees, but that doesn't mean that an effort isn't made on behalf of the public at large.

Posted on: 2015/2/16 23:29
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
As a member of the public, I have criticized Mayor Fulop for changing his stance on bonding and abatements compared to his voting record as councilman but I feel the article written about Councilman Boggiano's changes in voting is not the same thing. According to the Faulkner Act which governs Jersey City, the mayor runs the city and the council represents the public.

I have contacted Councilman Boggiano on many issues and he has changed his mind on some. One in particular is his stance on changing the municipal election from May to November. I was concerned about the crowded ballot with school board elections and public questions. I believe this does not serve the public. I feel fortunate that Councilman Boggiano is willing to listen to the public and change his mind when he feels it is right.

When the mayor selects his council team, it often ensures they will represent him and not the public. I have heard many council members say in different administrations, they are voting on an issue because the mayor wants this issue to pass.

We need more council members listening to the public and change their votes, so I say "Thank you" to Councilman Boggiano for doing that.

YVONNE BALCER

http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/2 ... stening.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2015/2/16 23:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Rorschach wrote:
Rich is a nice guy but out of his depth as a Councilman. He's the Council's grumpy old man in residence. At least he's not a nut like Yun.
Why because he is not a yes man ?

Posted on: 2015/2/16 2:18
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
New flip-flops for Boggiano

Resized Image

Posted on: 2015/2/16 0:17
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/13 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Rich is a nice guy but out of his depth as a Councilman. He's the Council's grumpy old man in residence. At least he's not a nut like Yun.

Posted on: 2015/2/15 18:21

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe Abe Simpson?

Posted on: 2015/2/15 18:01

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I like excuse king better.

Posted on: 2015/2/15 17:59

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/18 2:46
Group:
Registered Users
I wonder if we give him the nickname "Havaianas" it would stick?

Posted on: 2015/2/14 23:11

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The kicker is he blames everyone else. He should also be called the excuse king. He should just resign.

Posted on: 2015/2/14 14:38

Jersey City councilman masters the art of the flip-flop
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Jersey City councilman masters the art of the flip-flop

By Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal The Jersey Journal 
February 13, 2015 at 10:46 PM

JERSEY CITY -- As the City Council voted on Tuesday night to adopt an ordinance transferring some city property in Journal Square to an autonomous agency, Councilman Rich Boggiano voted yes.

Councilman Michael Yun, remembering that Boggiano had spoken against the measure at the previous night's caucus, told Deputy City Clerk Sean Gallagher, who was presiding over the meeting, that Boggiano "was not finished yet." But Boggiano again voted yes.

After Yun voted no, Boggiano asked to change his vote.

"Sean, no," Boggiano told Gallagher, explaining, "I got interrupted by something."

The last-minute reversal wasn't unusual. In the nearly two years since he joined the council, Boggiano, who represents Ward C, has often changed his vote mid-roll call or reversed his stance on everything from moving Jersey City's election to November to opposing no-bid contracts. Last August, he even abstained from voting on his own piece of legislation.

Read more:  http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... man_masters_art_of_c.html

Posted on: 2015/2/14 5:21

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017