Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
117 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 117

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 9 »

Re: Jersey City prepares for decision on Ferguson indictment
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
His family member could have been there, we don't know that.

A while back, you nominated one of my posts for being one of the dumbest in the history of the internet.

Allow me to make a similar nomination for your post.

Posted on: 2014/12/3 3:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
For sure the family member was there, right behind Harvey the Rabbit!

Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:

Posted on: 2014/12/3 3:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/2 20:54
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2014/12/3 3:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Thank god people like Zulu Gadaffi are taking a proactive approach to all this.
5k reward for Darren Wilson's location.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6184710

They also offered $1000 for a close family member's location. Yeah, Zulu sounds like a real sensible person.

So, attacking or even killing Darren Wilson, or a family member of him (who could not have even been there), is the right way to deal with this?

The article also mentions that the St. Louis County police department considers these to be threats and are taking them very seriously. Do you really want there to be another shootout?

Posted on: 2014/12/3 2:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I'm sure when the hackers at the FBI track down 'Gadaffi' he'll be treated well in jail like this other idiot.

https://gma.yahoo.com/feds-arrest-man- ... -abc-news-topstories.html

Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:

Posted on: 2014/12/3 2:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Donations to Wilson are said to be over $1,000,000 with tens of thousands more coming in daily.

Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:

Posted on: 2014/12/3 2:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/2 20:54
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2014/12/3 2:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
And it's interesting to note that the strongest supporters of bad cops (and yes, there are some) are the darlings of the left-unions. Like teacher's unions, they do everything to protect their rank and file when caught acting improperly.

Posted on: 2014/12/3 1:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
After everything has been said and done, my only conclusion is the Grand Jury System is stupid and unjust way of evaluating criminal decisions / hearings.

Since the Grand Jury has no-one presiding over them to clarify points of laws; like a Judge, they are left with having to believe the legislation interpreted by the prosecutor.

The Grand Jury are randomly selected from the community, so how in hell can they (eg. a pizza maker or mechanic) make an informed decision that can be manipulated by a clever prosecutor who also can be a clever word-smith with no legal assistance to clarify points of law and their broad interpretations (not the case)?

The Grand Jury is the most inept way to seek justice or a fair open hearing ... period.

It's interesting that all the other countries that once had a Grand Jury have abandoned that idea !

The Grand Jury in this case have only fuelled the conspiracy theorists and racial provocateurs and I empathize with those on the jury.

As for the cop and young adult killed, in the eyes of the legal system, justice has been served. It's just a pity the Grand Jury System is flawed and exploited by the legal fraternity it serves.

Posted on: 2014/12/3 1:05

Edited by fat-ass-bike on 2014/12/3 1:25:27
Edited by fat-ass-bike on 2014/12/3 1:26:01
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/12/2 22:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:

Additionally, there are people making the case that the prosecutor misled the grand jury and presented incorrect information.

From that link;

the court ruled that a fleeing suspect must, at least in a police officer's reasonable view, pose a dangerous threat to someone or have committed a violent felony to justify a shooting.

The question here is,
Is attacking or fighting with a police officer deemed a violent offence ?

I would suggest that fighting any police officer that has weapons on them as a violent threat ... if someone is prepared to 'go' a cop, what chance does 'joe citizen' have ?

I would assume and perceive that someone who fights with police are somehow impaired (substance abuse or mental health issue) and is a threat to others ... obviously the jury thought there was a real threat and the altercation with the cop was a serious assault (crime) !

Posted on: 2014/12/2 22:24
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Pebble wrote: Additionally, there are people making the case that the prosecutor misled the grand jury and presented incorrect information.

?according to a review of the grand jury documents by MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell.?

LOL

Posted on: 2014/12/2 22:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
It all points to state of mind, and we have direct, incontrovertible proof of Brown's state of mind in the minutes before he confronted Officer Wilson.

Posted on: 2014/12/2 22:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Thug Brown is caught on tape acting in exactly that manner. Just ask the Yemeni store keeper or view the tape. And this was minutes before the confrontation with Officer Wilson.

I believe that you can tell the difference between a smallish store owner frightened and bullied by a tall fat kid and a trained police officer that is 6?4? and 210lbs.

I do recommend the Slate article I posted above. I believe that it is a little too friendly to the victim however it does describe much similar it is that multiple accounts always describe the super-demon black man.

Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

1. A jury was selected
2. Evidence was provided
3. Based on evidence, a decision was made

The legal process was performed, wrongly or rightly all parties had the opportunity to present their case.

Well, not exactly. The grand jury is not the location where the case is tried. That is the location where a prosecution lays out their case for why there should be a trial. From there, a trial should occur where all the evidence could be provided.

Additionally, there are people making the case that the prosecutor misled the grand jury and presented incorrect information.

Posted on: 2014/12/2 21:57
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users

1. A jury was selected
2. Evidence was provided
3. Based on evidence, a decision was made

The legal process was performed, wrongly or rightly all parties had the opportunity to present their case.

Posted on: 2014/12/2 21:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Thug Brown is caught on tape acting in exactly that manner. Just ask the Yemeni store keeper or view the tape. And this was minutes before the confrontation with Officer Wilson.

Posted on: 2014/12/2 21:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Ok, apparently I'm not being clear enough or you're being deliberately obtuse. Or perhaps I'm assuming too much of non-lawyers, though I note that other lay people are getting it. The job of the prosecution, in prosecuting a case, is to prove every element of the crime being alleged. That is it. If they have done that, then they win. If they fail in that, then they lose. The elements we're discussing were never in doubt or question. There is little point in testing forensics on the gun when everyone at the scene says "yeah, DW shot him." There is no point in testing the blood when everyone agrees that it was MB's. I have absolutely no idea what you think that would have accomplished. You say it is atypical, but this wasn't remotely a typical case. The only real question that was at play was whether DW was being attacked by MB. That is all. None of what you raised in any way addressed that.

I have provided quotes from law enforcement backing up the fact which is patently clear: The Ferguson Police Department acted improperly after the incident. They did not follow protocol.

I don?t know what lawyer you are, but I?m assuming real estate. Claiming to be a lawyer doesn't mean that you know every alley of law. My neighbor is a lawyer that works with the police and he was stating that almost nothing the Ferguson department did was proper procedure.

Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
He should not have been indicted because no one in their right mind believes that there was probable cause to believe that the alleged crime was committed and because a jury agreed. The prosecutor behaved in an appropriate manner given the circumstances - he presented all of the evidence to a grand jury and allowed them to make a determination. They decided against indictment, which is entirely predictable and even the MB family legal team expected it.

I?ll defer to lawyers on this? The National Bar Association, the nation's largest organization of African-American lawyers, sounded off on the prosecutor not doing his job.

?When you think about a grand jury process, that process is not a jury trial. It is an audience for ? similar to the preliminary hearing before the judge, is an audience for the prosecutor to present a case that says ?we believe is worthy of indictment, here?s the evidence that proves that.? And it?s a solid airtight case because the evidence is really controlled by the prosecutor. That?s not to say that the grand jury can?t ask for witnesses or ask questions, but typically the prosecutor controls the process. Typically a defendant doesn?t testify in that proceeding because the prosecutor?s main goal as the advocate for the state is to administer justice and to get a charge, otherwise he wouldn?t be bringing it before the grand jury.?

Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
I don't understand, why do you comment on these matters, particularly with such assurance, when you have NO IDEA what is going on? The prosecutor in this case was putting the question to the grand jury. The prosecutor, seeking to balance the interests of the state in avoiding a pointless trial and not pissing off the police, on one hand, and giving MB a fair and complete chance at justice, INTELLIGENTLY, decided to present all of the evidence. How does this make anything other that total sense?

FYI - as an ethical matter, prosecutors are not supposed to charge people with crimes they don't believe they committed. This is actually a pretty smart way around that issue for a prosecutor that, like most other lawyers, realized that it was bullsh!t. And it was BS, which is, of course, why neither this verdict nor the George Zimmerman verdict was a surprise to anyone in the legal community.

I have quotes from numerous lawyers in this thread discounting everything you are writing. To claim I have ?NO IDEA? what is going is exceptionally ironic.

Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
New day, same circle jerks...tough to get any point across when the blood rushes to their other heads...but I'd say. Right or wrong, the Ferguson verdict was due process. Dragging DW into court on a charge of killing MB - simply isn't going to happen. Move on. Debate over.

What the debate should be - is what SHOULD happen in the next case like this.

We all know what should happen next time. Violent robber attacks the cop and tries to steal his gun = receives justice at the barrel of a gun.

The one positive that has resulted is there is more of a push for police body cameras, so the next Mike Brown will be caught on tape.

You?re right. The cops are always telling the truth and black kids just get justice from the barrel of the gun?

?Before I could even get out of my car he jumped out, stared at me, and as I jumped out of my car and identified myself, as I approached him, he jumped head-first back into his car ? he jumped out of the car. I saw something black in his hands.?

That isn't Darren Wilson. That's Sean Groubert, a South Carolina police officer.

Trouble for him, though: The dashboard camera shows him shooting an unarmed man who is not jumping and did not have anything black in his hands. The officer is now facing 20 years in prison.

But, let?s remember, Brown was a scary demon super-negro acting like Hulk Hogan and treating the cop like a 5 year old. He?s not a racist at all.

Besides, he works at a police department that is completely on top of things.

Posted on: 2014/12/2 20:21
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Police investigating if Michael Brown's stepfather intended to incite riot

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/02/justice ... n-protests-investigation/

Posted on: 2014/12/2 17:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/12/2 16:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/21 14:01
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2014/12/2 13:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
New day, same circle jerks...tough to get any point across when the blood rushes to their other heads...but I'd say. Right or wrong, the Ferguson verdict was due process. Dragging DW into court on a charge of killing MB - simply isn't going to happen. Move on. Debate over.

We all know what should happen next time. Violent robber attacks the cop and tries to steal his gun = receives justice at the barrel of a gun.

The one positive that has resulted is there is more of a push for police body cameras, so the next Mike Brown will be caught on tape.

No problem with police cameras so long as the individual PO doesn't control the on/off button. Otherwise it's open to serious abuse.

Definitely. There is next to no point to the cameras if the cop can just turn them off. Then they will just turn them off before committing abuse.

Interestingly, I don't think anyone here actually disagrees with this solution.

Posted on: 2014/12/2 4:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
What is sad is that a very very small single digit percent of cops might be ass-wipes, yet we brush them all the same.
I will always have any cop over for dinner then any other person off the street, knowing I'm much safer with any of them

Posted on: 2014/12/2 4:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

No problem with police cameras so long as the individual PO doesn't control the on/off button. Otherwise it's open to serious abuse.

Definitely. There is next to no point to the cameras if the cop can just turn them off. Then they will just turn them off before committing abuse.

Posted on: 2014/12/2 4:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users

Whatever we are doing now isn't working too well and on the surface, the racial make-up of police personal shouldn't matter, as these individuals simply enforce legislation.

On a public perception point of view, maybe compliance is more forthcoming when you have the same race enforcing the rules that govern a particular community ... I wonder if there has been any study in this area?

Well it looks as if there are some positives and study to this 'race ratio' of police personnel

http://books.google.com.au/books?id=x ... police%20personal&f=false

Posted on: 2014/12/2 3:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

Posted on: 2014/12/2 3:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

Posted on: 2014/12/2 3:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/12/2 3:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

AlexC wrote:
you don't get it dude, it's a Tribal thing - we can kill each other but you cannot kill one of us. which part of that do you not understand? what is your race and where do you come from?

So if blacks are oppressed and certain elements in the white community and Government are trying to keep blacks in the ghetto then black folks are doing the work of the oppressors by killing each other? It's kind of like "we don't need the Klan because the black folks are doing the work for us." That's a pretty sad indictment of black people.

Posted on: 2014/12/2 3:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Maybe we should look at how we have native indians enforce their own to achieve harmony.

A policy of ratio policing - the less racial diversity in a community the more policing personal from that community might work !

Are you familiar with the NA community? That isn't a good example for many, many reasons. Further, are you suggesting we balkanize society along racial lines?

Whatever we are doing now isn't working too well and on the surface, the racial make-up of police personal shouldn't matter, as these individuals simply enforce legislation.

On a public perception point of view, maybe compliance is more forthcoming when you have the same race enforcing the rules that govern a particular community ... I wonder if there has been any study in this area?

Posted on: 2014/12/2 3:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Maybe we should look at how we have native indians enforce their own to achieve harmony.

A policy of ratio policing - the less racial diversity in a community the more policing personal from that community might work !

Are you familiar with the NA community? That isn't a good example for many, many reasons. Further, are you suggesting we balkanize society along racial lines?

Posted on: 2014/12/2 3:00

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 9 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017