Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
136 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 136

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: What to Know About New Executive Action on Immigration Reform
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
What you said is very true, however, don't forget there's always the other side of the coin. There are a lot of illegal immigrants that managed to get legal status, and become very productive members of the society - and they pay taxes, and do everything that a legal citizen would do.

We should give credit to those people that has worked very hard to achieve what they have in life (with less resources and opportunities sometimes).

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Illegal immigration hurts local government before it hurts state or federal governments. Local governments are require to find housing, social services, hire more police and inspect more buildings. Illegal immigrants do not have the economic strength to support their children, which receives citizenship unlike other countries. We support their children with more educational and health benefits. Illegal immigrants are exploited by its own ethnic groups to work long hours with less than minimum pay. I still remember the government raiding Grand St and Barrow St, when they found 50 Chinese men living in subhuman conditions and sharing a bucket as a toilet in the late 1990s. These men work in China Town for the various restaurants in NYC.
When immigrants came in the past, there were jobs in factories in the Northeast and if Catholic, their social network was the Church who educated them and opened hospitals. That is not the case today. It is taxpayers responsibility today.

Posted on: 2014/12/2 2:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
JC will get more illegal students, but won't get more state funding for schools from the earners in the western suburbs. Watch your taxes go up, but don't complain if you agree with Obama on his amnesty program.

Can you please point, specifically, to the portion of the executive order that allows for Amnesty?

We all know Reagan did it. But there is no evidence about Obama doing it.

Reagan and Bush Sr. didn't "do it" as you point out. See below, dummy. Congress did it, as they should.

That's funny. I didn't know Congress passed Executive Orders...

I do love the ironic use of "dummy" though.

By do it, you know I meant take action on immigration right? I know what you're going for but even I doubt you're really this slow. I could be, and probably am, wrong though. Nice try. Thanks for playing.

Posted on: 2014/12/2 1:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
JC will get more illegal students, but won't get more state funding for schools from the earners in the western suburbs. Watch your taxes go up, but don't complain if you agree with Obama on his amnesty program.

Can you please point, specifically, to the portion of the executive order that allows for Amnesty?

Reagan and Bush Sr. didn't "do it" as you point out. See below, dummy. Congress did it, as they should.

That's funny. I didn't know Congress passed Executive Orders...

I do love the ironic use of "dummy" though.

Posted on: 2014/12/1 23:12
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Illegal immigration hurts local government before it hurts state or federal governments. Local governments are require to find housing, social services, hire more police and inspect more buildings. Illegal immigrants do not have the economic strength to support their children, which receives citizenship unlike other countries. We support their children with more educational and health benefits. Illegal immigrants are exploited by its own ethnic groups to work long hours with less than minimum pay. I still remember the government raiding Grand St and Barrow St, when they found 50 Chinese men living in subhuman conditions and sharing a bucket as a toilet in the late 1990s. These men work in China Town for the various restaurants in NYC.
When immigrants came in the past, there were jobs in factories in the Northeast and if Catholic, their social network was the Church who educated them and opened hospitals. That is not the case today. It is taxpayers responsibility today.

Posted on: 2014/12/1 22:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2014/12/1 21:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2014/12/1 21:02
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
It'll continue to get worse as long as we have a POTUS who encourages illegal immigration and porous borders.

Realistically, it is politically expedient for democrats to encourage large Latino populations to enter the US, legally or illegally, and then amnesty the illegals thereby permitting them to vote (or to simply fight voter ID laws). Romney won the white vote by what, close to 20 pts? A few generations ago that would have been determinative.

Precisely! That's why I laugh when Bill Maher (whom I actually like) tried to "Flip a District" (but failed miserably). He's ardently against gerrymandering, when in fact this type of policy is the biggest gerrymandering of all!

What makes me laugh harder is that black voters would overwhelmingly vote for Barry for a third term despite the fact he just made blacks more of a minority voice by about 5 million people. Such stupidity.

Posted on: 2014/12/1 20:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
It'll continue to get worse as long as we have a POTUS who encourages illegal immigration and porous borders.

Realistically, it is politically expedient for democrats to encourage large Latino populations to enter the US, legally or illegally, and then amnesty the illegals thereby permitting them to vote (or to simply fight voter ID laws). Romney won the white vote by what, close to 20 pts? A few generations ago that would have been determinative.

Posted on: 2014/12/1 20:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/12/1 20:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
But there will always be illegals coming to the US - it doesn't matter whether's there's amnesty today, tomorrow, next year, or 10 years from now. The flow of illegals won't stop!

That's the point I was trying to get across in my earlier posts - many people outside of the US believe in the "American dream", so they will keep coming as long as they can make more money here, and where their kids can potentially have a better life than themselves. This is why illegals come here, not because of the amnesty itself - but the "dream" and the "money"!!!

Personally, I believe all these political hoopla over immigration is just another distraction manufactured by the politicians to generate polarization and shift focus away from the much bigger issues (such as national debt, failing infrastructure, gun control, etc etc etc).

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Because more will come. The illegal kids already here are diluting the education of those here legally. The illegal kids soak up more taxpayer dollars by needing ESL classes etc. We can't feed and educate our own kids, why take on more?

Posted on: 2014/12/1 20:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Because more will come. The illegal kids already here are diluting the education of those here legally. The illegal kids soak up more taxpayer dollars by needing ESL classes etc. We can't feed and educate our own kids, why take on more?

Posted on: 2014/12/1 20:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
If the current school system doesn't require proof of legal status, wouldn't all these kids already be in school now?

I don't understand why JC is going to get more illegal kids in school because of the amnesty.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2014/12/1 20:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/12/1 20:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Ladies and gents, Monroe is an idiot. That is all

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/ev ... ive-actions-in-one-chart/

Posted on: 2014/12/1 16:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)?Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell unveiled his party?s long-awaited plan on immigration on Wednesday, telling reporters, ?We must make America somewhere no one wants to live.?

Appearing with House Speaker John Boehner, McConnell said that, in contrast to President Obama?s ?Band-Aid fixes,? the Republican plan would address ?the root cause of immigration, which is that the United States is, for the most part, habitable.?

More

What's sad is that some of the simpler folks on here read this and didn't realize it was on an Onion-esque satire.

Posted on: 2014/12/1 13:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/31 13:04
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
For all the morons who keep shouting the "but, but Bush and Reagan did the same thing!" No,, they didn't even do close to the same thing. Try to read more than just the headlines of CNN and MSNBC.

CONGRESS granted amnesty in 87 and 89 I believe (as is THEIR JOB, not King Obama, the person who said himself "I don't have the authority to do this"!) for around 3 million people. But it excluded the spouses and children of those given reprieve. Bush and Reagan, seeing the unintended consequence of breaking up thousands of families, issued executive orders to clean up the bill Congress passed.

Get your facts straight.

Yes, Bush didn't do the same thing, but your explanation is incorrect.

The difference was, Bush offered a delay of deportation to those who had legal "path to citizenship" through their US-citizen children.

Posted on: 2014/11/30 21:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
lol. we all know that the GOP proposal is DOA. I can't wait to see how GOP Congresspeople from Florida, texas and California vote on this.

Posted on: 2014/11/25 19:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I am surprise no one caught my mistake, it is 3 Europeans and one Canadian.

Posted on: 2014/11/25 16:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I know 4 people from Europe who was deported: one English, two Irish, and one Canadian of Philippine heritage. Then I read about a woman in JC, an African married to someone in JC. She attended St. Patrick Church. She was deported about 5 years ago but her children and husband is still here. So if they don't find you, you are rewarded.

Posted on: 2014/11/25 14:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)?Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell unveiled his party?s long-awaited plan on immigration on Wednesday, telling reporters, ?We must make America somewhere no one wants to live.?

Appearing with House Speaker John Boehner, McConnell said that, in contrast to President Obama?s ?Band-Aid fixes,? the Republican plan would address ?the root cause of immigration, which is that the United States is, for the most part, habitable.?

More

Posted on: 2014/11/24 23:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Reverting back to the norm???? Illegal entry is the norm.... and after all the recent amnesties (SP) the politicians let them stay with the promise they will harden the borders and this will never happen again. It is great to issue an EO but without a financial plan in place to accommodate people, the burden shifts to the cities and towns. As someone pointed out, it will not be the rich communities of NJ bearing most of the pain. The problem is that this administration has been so dishonest to its citizens and taxpayers on so many issues, you can't trust them to follow through on this amnesty EO.

Quote:

SRhia wrote:
There may be a temporary higher influx of illegals, but I believe over time, it'll just revert back to the norm.

Granting amnesty is not new. It was done about 20 years ago or so (I forgot the exact year), but it was similar - the illegal will have to be here a certain number of years to qualify (and some other restrictions too).

And don't forget, besides amnesty, there are other ways to become legal too. Therefore, I don't believe the amnesty will bring in higher influx for the long term.

So, this is not new, and in another 20 years or so, there will probably be another amnesty. I just don't understand why this is such a big deal now - all political postering and such I guess.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Who knows, they're packing and getting ready to leave from Honduras, Mexico, and other points south.

Posted on: 2014/11/23 13:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
We don't have enough money to educate our own kids, and now we have to hurt our kids to educate children from other countries?

http://nypost.com/2014/11/23/city-sch ... ll-2350-migrant-children/

Posted on: 2014/11/23 12:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Even though the program doesn't mandate health care, NY State is obligated to make Medicare open to anyone with legal status-which NY predicts will cost over 300 million dollars a year to provide it for these new 'legal' illegals. That's 3 billion over a decade, which will come from either higher taxes for the earners, or cutbacks in services that the earner's taxes pay for now.

In other words, Obama's illegal amnesty will hurt middle class New Yorker's and benefit illegal aliens.

Whose President is he?

Posted on: 2014/11/22 21:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I don't think I said that Obama did the same thing as Bush and Reagan (at least I didn't mean to). My reference is that both events are an "amnesty".

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, I understand both sides of the argument. However, look at it this way. No matter what, people will be coming here illegally, thousands every day. No one can stop that. Many of them are children that are sent here by their parents, and many are brought here with their parents. Without amnesty, those children will never get a chance without a legal status (without fault of their own).

However, with the amnesty, they now get a chance to do something with their lives, and potentially live up to their parents dreams and hopes. Otherwise, they'll just live the rest of their lives in the shadow world.

I should probably have prefaced by saying that my family came through similar channels, and I feel a lot for these people: to give up everything you have in your life, and come to a world where you potentially don't even speak the language, and not know a single person. That takes a lot of courage and dedication. How many (real) Americans would do something like that for their own children? That's all I'm saying.

Posted on: 2014/11/22 21:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
For all the morons who keep shouting the "but, but Bush and Reagan did the same thing!" No,, they didn't even do close to the same thing. Try to read more than just the headlines of CNN and MSNBC.

CONGRESS granted amnesty in 87 and 89 I believe (as is THEIR JOB, not King Obama, the person who said himself "I don't have the authority to do this"!) for around 3 million people. But it excluded the spouses and children of those given reprieve. Bush and Reagan, seeing the unintended consequence of breaking up thousands of families, issued executive orders to clean up the bill Congress passed.

Get your facts straight.

Posted on: 2014/11/22 14:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
There are millions of people waiting, legally, to come here. These are educated, motivated, and willing to go through the legal processes that are already established. These people will be positive contributors to our great country, not a drain on our limited resources which should be used to support our own poor, our returning veterans, and to maintain our middle class. Case closed.

Posted on: 2014/11/22 12:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
How do you know this wasn't happening before the news started reporting on this, and making it a big deal?

And that's not the only way to get into the country. Tons of illegals land via airplanes everyday too.

Beware of the political machine and it's propaganda.

And people will come here regardless of amnesty or not. There's money to be made here if one's willing to work - a lot more than at home (even if it's just washing dishes). So they'll always keep coming. Their main goal is to make money, having a legal status is a "nice plus".

EDIT - I should mention that some people actually also come to the US for "freedom", in addition to the opportunities. So there, not just money. But the point is, US offers so much more than what they can get at home, people will always come, amnesty or no amnesty.

Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

SRhia wrote:
There may be a temporary higher influx of illegals, but I believe over time, it'll just revert back to the norm.

Granting amnesty is not new. It was done about 20 years ago or so (I forgot the exact year), but it was similar - the illegal will have to be here a certain number of years to qualify (and some other restrictions too).

And don't forget, besides amnesty, there are other ways to become legal too. Therefore, I don't believe the amnesty will bring in higher influx for the long term.

So, this is not new, and in another 20 years or so, there will probably be another amnesty. I just don't understand why this is such a big deal now - all political postering and such I guess.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Who knows, they're packing and getting ready to leave from Honduras, Mexico, and other points south.

You really don't know? You hadn't heard about the recent flood of illegal immigrants we have been receiving from Central America?

http://nypost.com/2014/06/12/illegal- ... lming-emergency-shelters/

It was a pretty big deal several months ago. Obama's action will encourage an even greater flood.

Posted on: 2014/11/22 4:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SRhia wrote:

Quote:

Monroe wrote:

You really don't know? You hadn't heard about the recent flood of illegal immigrants we have been receiving from Central America?

http://nypost.com/2014/06/12/illegal- ... lming-emergency-shelters/

It was a pretty big deal several months ago. Obama's action will encourage an even greater flood.

Posted on: 2014/11/22 4:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
First off, it will be a huge financial burden on the earners. Obama's point of them now paying taxes-well, most illegal aliens earn at the level where they don't pay Federal income taxes. It'll turn out that they'll be getting Obamacare subsidies that the earners will have to support. Food stamps, already at an all time high, will grow more-to be paid by the earners.

It's going to be a massive redistribution of wealth-except now it'll reach to the middle and lower middle class to help pay for it. Maybe then will people wake up. When JC taxes go up to support the added kids in school, housing, and healthcare/emergency room visits peoples eyes may wake up.

Posted on: 2014/11/22 1:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2014/11/22 0:55

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017