Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
133 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 133

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Mugging in Enos Jones Park on Tues, 11/18?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
A 29-year-old man was attacked and robbed at gunpoint by three masked bandits -- one of whom was later arrested -- in Downtown Jersey City Tuesday night, police said.

At approximately 8:30 p.m., the victim was walking home on Eighth Street when three men in ski masks approached him near Brunswick Street. One of the men pointed a black handgun at the victim and said, ?Run your s---,? while the other two took the victim?s brown leather messenger bag and punched him in the stomach before running away, according to a police report.

The victim reported to cops that his bag was worth $250, and it contained an umbrella, a pair of black gloves, a phone charger, and a bag of brownies, police said.

The man refused medical attention and did not suffer any apparent injuries during the attack, police said.

Later, three men who fit the description given by the victim were stopped on Pavonia Avenue and Chestnut Street. During the patdown of the men, a police officer found a black ski mask protruding from the front right pocket of one of the men, later identified as Enrique Pryer, according to the report.

The victim was then taken to possibly identify the muggers, but he could not identify the men because they were wearing masks during the robbery, police said, adding the three men were released.

A short time later officers found the victim?s brown leather messenger bag on Division Street near Eighth Street. An employee at a Division Street ambulance company told cops that he saw two men walking quickly down Division Street throwing items from a bag on the ground, and then throwing the bag on the ground, police states.

When the witness told the men that they had dropped their bag, they said, ?No, that?s alright,? while walking towards Dickinson High School, according to police.

Cops then spoke to another employee at the ambulance company, who helped them review surveillance video taken from the company?s cameras, the report states. The video showed exactly what the first witness had seen -- two men walking quickly down the street throwing items from a bag, police say.

Police noticed that one of the men in the video was wearing the exact same clothing that Pryer had on when he was stopped minutes earlier, according to the report.

Based on their findings, a complaint was issued for Pryer, a 23-year-old Jersey City resident, who was apprehended by police on Jones Street the next day. He was charged with robbery, unlawful possession of a weapon and possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose, the report states.

Pryer appeared in Central Judicial Processing court in Jersey City Thursday via video link from the Hudson County Correctional Facility in Kearny.

Judge Cynthia Jackson set his bail at $150,000 cash or bond.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... _police.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2014/11/21 18:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/16 11:22
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

JGJDNYCJC wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

JGJDNYCJC wrote:
I expect we'll see more of these in quieter corners of DTJC as the neighborhood gets wealthier and more "target-rich."

People have been saying that for ten+ years and it hasn't yet come to fruition. Do you have information we don't, or is it just paranoid rambling?

Nope, just another GV or BL resident who is losing money on his property and looking to instill fear in potential DTJC residents in hope these people move to muderville

I live downtown in one of those pricey condo's by the waterfront. But thanks for your in depth thoughts.

The day I believe everything I read on the internet is the day when pigs not only can fly but also read and write Shakespearean plays

In any case, if you actually lived in DTJC, you know DT along with Newport is far safer than any other part of JC.

Nice comeback.

Posted on: 2014/11/21 14:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JGJDNYCJC wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

JGJDNYCJC wrote:
I expect we'll see more of these in quieter corners of DTJC as the neighborhood gets wealthier and more "target-rich."

People have been saying that for ten+ years and it hasn't yet come to fruition. Do you have information we don't, or is it just paranoid rambling?

Nope, just another GV or BL resident who is losing money on his property and looking to instill fear in potential DTJC residents in hope these people move to muderville

I live downtown in one of those pricey condo's by the waterfront. But thanks for your in depth thoughts.

The day I believe everything I read on the internet is the day when pigs not only can fly but also read and write Shakespearean plays

In any case, if you actually lived in DTJC, you know DT along with Newport is far safer than any other part of JC.

Posted on: 2014/11/21 14:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/7 20:21
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JGJDNYCJC wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

JGJDNYCJC wrote:

vindication15 quick rush to the nearest one, lol!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ ... ters_in_the_United_States

vindication15, quick rush to the nearest one, lol! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ ... ters_in_the_United_States

Posted on: 2014/11/21 12:35
ಠ_ಠ

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

JGJDNYCJC wrote:

Posted on: 2014/11/21 11:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/14 15:19
From Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
Lol, classic JCList.

Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

JGJDNYCJC wrote:

Posted on: 2014/11/21 3:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

JGJDNYCJC wrote:

Posted on: 2014/11/21 1:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JGJDNYCJC wrote:

Posted on: 2014/11/21 1:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JGJDNYCJC wrote:

Doubt it's a new trend. It was more likely a gang-initiation, than a get-rich-quick kind of robbery. And gangs are happy to do that anywhere where there's little risk of the victim shooting back.

The Facebook comments also mentioned the teenagers got caught - unlike quite a few other robberies downtown in recent years.

Posted on: 2014/11/21 1:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/11/20 20:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
I live right around the corner and would have been just getting in from work around that time ? didn't hear or see a thing. With the cold weather and shorter days, I doubt many people were around to witness the incident.

Posted on: 2014/11/20 20:33

Mugging in Enos Jones Park on Tues, 11/18?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/2 21:46
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone know anything about a mugging near the skate park? Saw the following info (below) on a JC Facebook page but can't find any info about it anywhere else?

"A resident was mugged at gun point last night while walking his small dog near the skating rink at Enos Jones Park. Brunswick betw 8th-Pavonia. They do not want their name revealed. Happened at about 8-8:30 PM. Victim is ok. Reports 3 young males wearing ski masks. Please be careful out there and report any suspicious behavior to police dispatch at 201-547-5477. If emergency call 911"

Posted on: 2014/11/20 20:17

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017