Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Hudson Mall Chuck E. Cheese coming soon
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

LoKo498 wrote:
I thought the grand opening was for the 17th!

I drove by today and the Nov 17th opening sign is gone. Maybe they opened early like aldencal mentioned or are in soft opening mode. The website still says "Opening Soon" so if you plan to go this weekend give them a call first.

JERSEY CITY
701 Route 440 #383
Jersey City, NJ, 07304
(201) 434-2500

Store Hours:
Sun-Thur 11am-9pm
Fri 11am-10pm
Sat 10am-10pm
Opening Soon!

Posted on: 2014/11/14 15:08

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/18 21:14
From Greenville
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

owlie wrote:
It's definitely not for 9 year olds with pretentious "d-bag parents". Pretentious "d-bag" parents probably wouldn't think of taking their precious geniuses to Chuck E. Cheese. The bottom-line is it's for kids.

Not true. They now offer a gluten free pie with local organic pepperoni.

Posted on: 2014/11/13 12:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
I thought the grand opening was for the 17th!

Posted on: 2014/11/12 22:12

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/2 18:16
From West Bergen
Group:
Registered Users
FYI, it's open!
Stopped by Monday night, my children enjoyed it.

Great addition to Hudson Mall...It needed this shot in the arm.

Posted on: 2014/11/12 21:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/4 8:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mookie86 wrote:
I grew up in the suburbs of upstate New York, ate a home cooked meal pretty much every night, and grew up with a loving wonderful family, and some of my best childhood memories are of Chuckie f'n Cheese. Ball pits, video games, terrible pizza, + animatronics = awesome. Pull the stick out of your rear ends and lighten up. It's for 9 year-olds, not their pretentious d-bag parents.

It's definitely not for 9 year olds with pretentious "d-bag parents". Pretentious "d-bag" parents probably wouldn't think of taking their precious geniuses to Chuck E. Cheese. The bottom-line is it's for kids.

Posted on: 2014/11/12 1:58

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/14 15:37
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
I grew up in the suburbs of upstate New York, ate a home cooked meal pretty much every night, and grew up with a loving wonderful family, and some of my best childhood memories are of Chuckie f'n Cheese. Ball pits, video games, terrible pizza, + animatronics = awesome. Pull the stick out of your rear ends and lighten up. It's for 9 year-olds, not their pretentious d-bag parents.

Posted on: 2014/11/12 1:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
There is a sign in the window saying that it is opening on Monday November 17th.

Beautiful addition to the HM? way better than the empty furniture store that was there for years.
(for the JC old-timers? looking in the window reminds me of the great HM Arcade)

The HM area has really picked up over the last few years. Nice seeing a lot of cars in the parking lots.

http://www.chuckecheese.com/

701 Route 440 #383
Jersey City, NJ, 07304
(201) 434-2500

Store Hours:
Sun-Thur 11am-9pm
Fri 11am-10pm
Sat 10am-10pm

Posted on: 2014/11/12 0:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
For those brave enough?.

The Chuck E Cheese down at the Hudson Mall has a banner up about a hiring event.

It says Weds October 1st .

That has to be a one tough job dealing with all of those kids?.and PARENTS.

Posted on: 2014/9/22 13:13

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/21 0:12
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
It was directed at me, and I am pretty sure he was being sarcastic. Oh, well. He can mock my thoughts/message all he (she?) wants. I am quite happy and content with my life and how I do things, and quite confident of what to expect because of all that.

Being happy with your own life is indeed a fantastic thing and I'm glad for you (no sarco), but you definitely wandered into self-righteous territory.

Posted on: 2014/6/21 0:43

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:
Quote:

chainsawhand wrote:

Going out to lunch or dinner on weekends is pretty lazy. You should be ashamed at what you're doing to your family

lmfao at you. not with you, at you.

Keep herpin' that derp, brother.

Posted on: 2014/6/21 0:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Asif wrote: I have never been to a chuck E. Cheese ever. But I might go and try the pizza once, even thought most say its terrible.

And if i remember correctly they changed their pizza like Domino's not too long ago.

Don?t know if you have kids but here?s an interesting thread from reddit?

Can I go to Chuck E Cheese's without owning a child?

submitted 4 months ago * by chuckecheesepizza

I am a 21 year old male and was thinking about going there recently. I remember the pizza being pretty good, in a crummy kind of way. I don't want people there to think I am a creepy pedophile, I just want some pizza. So would I be able to walk in and grab a table for one? Also, do they serve beer? I feel like I remember seeing pitchers as a kid.

http://www.reddit.com/r/NoStupidQuest ... s_without_owning_a_child/

Posted on: 2014/6/20 17:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
It was directed at me, and I am pretty sure he was being sarcastic. Oh, well. He can mock my thoughts/message all he (she?) wants. I am quite happy and content with my life and how I do things, and quite confident of what to expect because of all that.

You were being mocked because you chastised people for eating out, even though you do so yourself. #holierthanthou

Posted on: 2014/6/20 16:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users

I have never been to a chuck E. Cheese ever. But I might go and try the pizza once, even thought most say its terrible.

And if i remember correctly they changed their pizza like Domino's not too long ago.

Any one try the before and after?

Posted on: 2014/6/20 16:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/6/20 12:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

chainsawhand wrote:

Going out to lunch or dinner on weekends is pretty lazy. You should be ashamed at what you're doing to your family

lmfao at you. not with you, at you.

Posted on: 2014/6/20 5:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
They are really going to town on the new Chuck E. Cheese. The whole front wall of the space facing the parking lot is gone. Including that false brown cider block wall that hid the garbage bins. I guess it will be another outside entrance place like Staples and Old Navy. (at least it will look nice on youtube for the riots..lol)

Posted on: 2014/6/19 20:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
We are a sad society when places like this exist and survive. There should be a law against targeting kids with crap ... but what are the alternatives ?

Maybe cooking a meal at home?

EXACTLY. As much as people love to rag on Chuck E. Cheese and chain restaurants, they continue to be in existence because they address an overriding concern of many people and parents: they make things easy, almost effortless, and people are all too willing to go along with that.

I really wish people would see the value in a home cooked meal and that time spent/shared with the rest of the family. Does it take time? Of course. But, guaranteed those times are the ones most remembered and treasured by the kids as they grow older and create their own families.

Do you cook 100% of your meals at home?

Actually, I pretty much do. If you must know, breakfast and dinner are fresh cooked meals every day Su - Th. Fridays and Saturdays are usually days to go out for dinner, sometimes lunch as well, depending on the weekend's activities.

But, I do wonder: what was your point?

My point is that just because people enjoy eating out (including you) - it doesn't mean they don't cook food at home.

Posted on: 2014/6/19 18:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

chainsawhand wrote:
Going out to lunch or dinner on weekends is pretty lazy. You should be ashamed at what you're doing to your family. If you just spent a little time preparing a bag lunch with your family before going out to buy vegetables you didn't grow or clothes you didn't make, you'd be amazed at how that simple meal will be treasured for generations to come.

A nourishing meal for the soul, thank you Chainsawhand.

Posted on: 2014/6/19 18:11
Get on your bikes and ride !

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
We are a sad society when places like this exist and survive. There should be a law against targeting kids with crap ... but what are the alternatives ?

EXACTLY. As much as people love to rag on Chuck E. Cheese and chain restaurants, they continue to be in existence because they address an overriding concern of many people and parents: they make things easy, almost effortless, and people are all too willing to go along with that.

I really wish people would see the value in a home cooked meal and that time spent/shared with the rest of the family. Does it take time? Of course. But, guaranteed those times are the ones most remembered and treasured by the kids as they grow older and create their own families.

Actually, I pretty much do. If you must know, breakfast and dinner are fresh cooked meals every day Su - Th. Fridays and Saturdays are usually days to go out for dinner, sometimes lunch as well, depending on the weekend's activities.

Going out to lunch or dinner on weekends is pretty lazy. You should be ashamed at what you're doing to your family. If you just spent a little time preparing a bag lunch with your family before going out to buy vegetables you didn't grow or clothes you didn't make, you'd be amazed at how that simple meal will be treasured for generations to come.

Posted on: 2014/6/19 17:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/1 5:25
Group:
Registered Users
Well, there's a gym in Mall. You can run them kids on the treadmill if it gets out of hand.

This can't be good for the 60 and over crowd. It's like opening a terrorist camp right next to the retirement home.

Posted on: 2014/6/17 23:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
More idiotic dribble.

Posted on: 2014/6/17 11:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Posted on: 2014/6/17 10:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Posted on: 2014/6/17 3:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
That's disgusting. Can help but think about how many kids puke and piss in the ball pit. Wonder how often they clean their balls!

Posted on: 2014/6/17 2:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Whenever I hear the name "Chuck E Cheese" I think if riots.

Posted on: 2014/6/17 1:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
The people here aren't the target demographic. It's in a poorer, but more family-oriented section of town where there's legitimately very little to do in that area aside from Lincoln Park

Quite frankly, I think it's a great addition, despite never planning on ever setting foot in there. There's been almost no attraction to the mall for families other than pure shopping aside from one of the sadder movie theaters I've ever seen.

The arcade used to be a big reason why kids, teens and young adults would go there back in the day, because it was something to do and you'd get the ancillary effects of extra traffic to other stores.

Eateries like this are good for bringing in large groups of people to congregate in the area for a long amount of time. Kids will do their nonsense, but hopefully the adults maybe venture out a bit into the mall and nearby stores while they're there.

So yea, it's basically of zero interest to anyone on HERE, self included, as most of us aren't typical CEC patrons, but that won't stop the mom with 2 kids and 3 cousins down the block from using the games there as a convenient dumping ground so they can congregate amongst themselves.

Posted on: 2014/6/17 1:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/7 17:48
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
I'm pretty sure that people can both cook meals at home and go to a Chuck E Cheese. It a little kids fun center with crappy food thrown in so they can do birthday parties. I understand the hate, because they are a simply awful experience if you're over 10 years old, but having a place your kids can go and be wild in a suitable setting seems like a perfectly reasonable thing.

Posted on: 2014/6/16 15:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Kind of ironic mocking the rat?err I mean the mouse Chuck E. Cheese.

The patrons of the crappy , nasty, wouldn?t be caught dead in Chuck E. Cheese?s of today will be the bearded/hatted patrons of the ultra-hip , deck, gotta check this chill place out Barcade?s of the future. Gee both even have mac and cheese, greasy pizza, and wings on their menu. Go figure.

Any new business in the Hudson Mall is better than a pad locked and black windowed store front in Hudson Mall. Chillax.

Interesting note for gamers: Nolan Bushnell is an American engineer and entrepreneur who founded both Atari, Inc. and the Chuck E. Cheese's Pizza-Time Theaters chain.

Posted on: 2014/6/16 15:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Posted on: 2014/6/16 14:45

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/14 19:09
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Maybe an indoor sports facility (like a Dick's with a rock climbing wall?) or a bowling alley? Or something on a much smaller scale (and cheaper) of Chelsea piers? Maybe a 70s style roller rink? An old school style arcade with other healthful physical activities? An indoor mini golf course? Possibilities are endless...

ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN CHUCK E CHEESE

Posted on: 2014/6/16 13:50

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017